Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Lemniscate Blue posted:

You just know that's the result of one of those "yourself as a character in our game!" Kickstarter rewards.

No, that's just an homage to Kevin Wilson
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamedesigner/2336/kevin-wilson

He' made Arkham Horror, among other things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Flavivirus posted:

I could do with some inspirational material for a Demon: the Descent game I'm running. Any chance I could get pictures of weird robots, ominous angels, and people trying to hide they're one or the other?

Read all of the comic I am linking, but this one in particular.
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-1-8/

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

Josef bugman posted:

Read all of the comic I am linking, but this one in particular.
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-1-8/

Seriously, Kill Six Billion Demons is amazing, and is pretty much entirely made of what you're asking for.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Mr Tastee posted:

I need a really goony-looking cyberpunk for my Shadowrun game.

BEHOLD

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
Some how I have a copy of that book somewhere.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Cyberpunks have... books?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Automatic Slim posted:

Crayola books man

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
I like how a copy of the book itself is in the pile of books.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Automatic Slim posted:

You try to hack a stack of paper. EDIT: Yes I know about printable circuits but they probably aren't putting those on the shelves at the bookstore/library/whatever ready to run.

The fun part is that unless you're trying to be an iconoclast, the 2015 cyberpunk kit is a three-piece suit or utility company jumpsuit*, a sunny disposition and an iPad (or Surface Pro or whatever tablet corporate culture dictates).

*Really anything to make you look like you belong there.

v v v Those two departments are exactly the kind of people you'd expect to go into someone else's building, be permitted even though they'd be unfamiliar to security, and be in better spirits than the rank and file. I don't see the problem.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 30, 2015

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Sir Unimaginative posted:

The fun part is that unless you're trying to be an iconoclast, the 2015 cyberpunk kit is a business-casual or utility company jumpsuit*, a sunny disposition and an iPad (or Surface Pro or whatever tablet corporate culture dictates).

FTFY.

The only people who wear three-piece suits are sales and finance. With tech industry billionaires like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates as examples, everyone else has moved to business-casual.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

You try to hack a stack of paper. EDIT: Yes I know about printable circuits but they probably aren't putting those on the shelves at the bookstore/library/whatever ready to run.

The fun part is that unless you're trying to be an iconoclast, the 2015 cyberpunk kit is a three-piece suit or utility company jumpsuit*, a sunny disposition and an iPad (or Surface Pro or whatever tablet corporate culture dictates).

*Really anything to make you look like you belong there.

Most of real hacking is social engineering so yeah. That or your pjs while you mailchimp hundreds of phishing emails.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Hey guys, I got a request, does anyone know of a good image of a paladin making a blood sacrifice? Like cutting his/her hand or whatever? If not, a really bad-rear end paladin in full plate in a victorious pose with a big mug of beer (again gender doesn't matter) would also be appreciated.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

v v v Those two departments are exactly the kind of people you'd expect to go into someone else's building, be permitted even though they'd be unfamiliar to security, and be in better spirits than the rank and file. I don't see the problem.

Stealing janitor's outfits and credentials is SO 1994 Shadowrun. It's all about the team with the access to the CRM software, baby!

Edit: Whenever we see people in our office that we don't know who are dressed well, we either assume the c-suite are in town for some reason or the clients are in the office and we ignore then and go on our best behavior. So.. yeah.

Peas and Rice fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jul 1, 2015

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I found these while trawling Pinterest groups. I like.

by Francisco Segura

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Anyone have any art of Asian people wearing stereotypical European medieval fantasy type clothes or armor? I'm working on a pirate based Forgotten Realms D&D game and I thought it would be cool to have an NPC member of the crew be from Kara-Tur, but not be the cliche "Samurai or Ninja in the West" type. I might just suck at google but this is pretty much impossible to find.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Anyone have any good art of really "fair folk"-looking elves?

I'm introducing my setting's version of drow slowly (they're going to be one of the major antagonists). The problem I'm having is that they don't look like the standard, black-skinned evil elves. They're tall, pale, beautiful, otherworldly, and completely and utterly alien in their morality and thought. I'm having a weirdly hard time finding very pale, fae, beautiful elves that I can use as "evil elf" pictures. The best I've done so far is Warhammer dark elves (and, to a lesser extent, 40k dark eldar), but it's tough to find a female example from one of those sets that isn't wearing a black leather bikini at most.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Harrow posted:

Anyone have any good art of really "fair folk"-looking elves?

I'm introducing my setting's version of drow slowly (they're going to be one of the major antagonists). The problem I'm having is that they don't look like the standard, black-skinned evil elves. They're tall, pale, beautiful, otherworldly, and completely and utterly alien in their morality and thought. I'm having a weirdly hard time finding very pale, fae, beautiful elves that I can use as "evil elf" pictures. The best I've done so far is Warhammer dark elves (and, to a lesser extent, 40k dark eldar), but it's tough to find a female example from one of those sets that isn't wearing a black leather bikini at most.

Depending on whether your world has Eladrin, you could just hot swap the two races for pictures. They're also basically everything you described, so perhaps just use eladrin wholesale.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Tony DiTerlizzi may have what you're looking for. He's pretty big on the whole 'fair-folk' aspect of elves.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So far, the best luck I've had has been searching for pictures of unseelie fae, though it's still slim pickings, at least on Google Image Search, if only because so many of the pictures are clearly drawn for the purpose of being drooled over. I want creepy, distant, and alien, not sexy and scantily-clad, Google!

Lord Frisk posted:

Depending on whether your world has Eladrin, you could just hot swap the two races for pictures. They're also basically everything you described, so perhaps just use eladrin wholesale.

Most pictures I can find of Eladrin aren't quite... alien enough, I think. They tend to be golden-skinned rather than pale, though I do love the colorful eyes thing they have going on.

TheWyrmDude posted:

Tony DiTerlizzi may have what you're looking for. He's pretty big on the whole 'fair-folk' aspect of elves.

Tony DiTerlizzi is awesome. I'll see what he's drawn for elves.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Here's some of his things

edit: Though the beautiful thing may vary with the male elves. He favors more stern, wizened-looking males, I've noticed.

A Single Sphink fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 6, 2015

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

here's a ton of crap

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.
You could also look for some variations of vampires if you're looking for "tall, pale, otherworldly, eternal, alien". You could also look up Blood Elves from WoW, although there's going to be a lot of ugly clothing/armor design there and plenty of cheesecake.
If you don't mind your elves with horns and really being into the whole forest thing, the MTG Lorwyn block had elves that were basically unseelie fae. They have things like the Hunter of Eyeblights which basically just murders things that are ugly by their standards. This is what those elves look like:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Harrow posted:

So far, the best luck I've had has been searching for pictures of unseelie fae, though it's still slim pickings, at least on Google Image Search, if only because so many of the pictures are clearly drawn for the purpose of being drooled over. I want creepy, distant, and alien, not sexy and scantily-clad, Google!

Most pictures I can find of Eladrin aren't quite... alien enough, I think. They tend to be golden-skinned rather than pale, though I do love the colorful eyes thing they have going on.

Tony DiTerlizzi is awesome. I'll see what he's drawn for elves.

This might help:
As might other Wesnoth elves https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/tree/master/data/core/images/portraits/elves

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Maleh-Vor posted:

You could also look for some variations of vampires if you're looking for "tall, pale, otherworldly, eternal, alien". You could also look up Blood Elves from WoW, although there's going to be a lot of ugly clothing/armor design there and plenty of cheesecake.
If you don't mind your elves with horns and really being into the whole forest thing, the MTG Lorwyn block had elves that were basically unseelie fae. They have things like the Hunter of Eyeblights which basically just murders things that are ugly by their standards. This is what those elves look like:

This is actually what "normal" elves look like in this setting (one of the players is a half-elf who inherited the ram-like horns of his mountain elf father), so it's helpful to know that Lorwyn elves can provide good portraits for that!

Personality-wise they're perfect, though.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Lightning Lord posted:

Anyone have any art of Asian people wearing stereotypical European medieval fantasy type clothes or armor? I'm working on a pirate based Forgotten Realms D&D game and I thought it would be cool to have an NPC member of the crew be from Kara-Tur, but not be the cliche "Samurai or Ninja in the West" type. I might just suck at google but this is pretty much impossible to find.

Okay I guess this is eighteenth century European clothes or armor, but here are some portraits of the Fragrant Concubine that this request brought to mind:

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
GIS white walkers from the book version of A Song of Ice and Fire. The show gets them wrong, they're pretty much pale, beautiful creatures in sleek armor that have it out for mankind.

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.

starkebn posted:

I found these while trawling Pinterest groups. I like.

by Francisco Segura

Wierd, I'm not sure how old those are, but I know this guy personally who's been doing stuff that looks a lot like that in Mexico. This is his tumblr http://pinatha.tumblr.com/ and he's been making that stuff for at least 3 years that I've known him.

Maleh-Vor fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 7, 2015

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Maleh-Vor posted:

Wierd, I'm not sure how old those are, but I know this guy personally who's been doing stuff that looks a lot like that in Mexico. This is his tumblr http://pinatha.tumblr.com/ and he's been making that stuff for at least 3 years that I've known him.

Yeah, they're quite similar - but I think they're just riffing off the same style rather than one copying the other.

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Lightning Lord posted:

When I hear "asian man in western wear" this is all I see.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

WaywardWoodwose posted:

When I hear "asian man in western wear" this is all I see.

Oh man its Rawhide Kobayashi

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Lightning Lord posted:

Look up "Kazakhs", Asian Russians, which might be the best bet. Most of their dress tends to be more Mongol than Western, but you might find some interesting ones that could fake it.

Or you can find HEMA athletes like Battle Of Nations' Julia Khiznyakova from Kazakhstan...

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This is a long shot but does anyone have any pictures of what a female psychiatrist in warhammer 40k might look like?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

starkebn fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jul 13, 2015

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

RandomPauI posted:

This is a long shot but does anyone have any pictures of what a female psychiatrist in warhammer 40k might look like?

Google ''psychiatrist', add floating babies and skulls.

Done.

Or alternatively, lol hard at the idea that 40k would have psychiatrists. Life is cheap, sanity more so.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You know those stories you hear about how sanatoriums were early-mid 20th century, with people being strapped to their beds 23 hours a day, electro-shock therapy for everything, and doctors giving people lobotomies to make them "calmer"? Sort of that, with more bolt guns and occasional demons bursting out of foreheads.

Alternatively, witch doctor. With a real witch who can invade your mind, locate your inner demons and tear them out with raw psychic energy that gives you brain a sunburn.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Sanitarium: A quaint euphemism for servitor factory.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

RandomPauI posted:

"Now, what seems to be the problem?"
__________________/

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.
Yeah, you'd probably just get turned into a Servitor or killed outright if you had any kind of mental illness in the grim darkness of the far future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Maleh-Vor posted:

Yeah, you'd probably just get turned into a Servitor or killed outright if you had any kind of mental illness in the grim darkness of the far future.

Or you become a Space Marine/Rogue Trader/Inquisitor.