Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I was moving from QL 5->6 on gear in Blue Mountain with my half-assed Blood/Fists deck and still doing just fine. If you're doing all the quests in each zone, you'll probably be in QL 10 greens before the third zone in Egypt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
Kingsmouth is QL 1-3
Savage Coast is QL 3-5
Blue Mountain is QL 5-6

Scorched Desert is QL 7-8
City of the Sun God is QL 9

All three Transylvania zones and everything after them are QL 10.

Ideally you want to be wearing mostly gear at the top end of the zone you're in before moving on, though that's much more forgiving than it used to be after the enhanced player experience patch.
If you need upgrades but can't be assed grinding some more, remember the game has an auction house you can buy green or blue gear off usually pretty cheaply. Also remember there's Council of Venice vendors in each zone who'll sell level appropriate blues in exchange for the sequins you get from doing missions. By the time you finish a zone you'll probably have enough for an upgrade or two from them - personally I save mine in the first couple of zones and once I have 100 run through to Blue Mountain and buy QL6 blue weapons from the Council vendor in the trailer park.

For dungeons, normal mode ones you want to be in appropriately leveled gear for the zone. For elites you want at least QL10 greens and for nightmares you want at least QL10 blues. Though nightmares are painful in blues, especially if you dare to try tanking or healing with something other than fist. If you have them, do the various DLC issues and get the free QL 10.1 purple at the end of each one before trying nightmares.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Or you get dragged through some nightmare poo poo and do some PvP on the side so you can just grab some sweet purpz along the way. I could actually use some more marks to finish my poo poo so if there's people playing again I'd dust off my tanking build.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Exmond posted:

What type of build is good in PVP? I run pistol/blood that stacks the "no healing for you" weakness debuff

Care to post your pistols/blood build?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
When I last played PvP people would rarely heal because the go to build was AR with that windup massive damage sniper shot and whoever clicked first won. Made it entirely unfun for anybody not in either full 10.4 or a zerg.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
lol, wondered why I was doing so badly in Transylvania before I noticed I'd accidentally taken off corrupted blood from my passives. Of course an affliction build won't work if you can't afflict anything. :haw:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

poptart_fairy posted:

lol, wondered why I was doing so badly in Transylvania before I noticed I'd accidentally taken off corrupted blood from my passives. Of course an affliction build won't work if you can't afflict anything. :haw:

Be careful with affliction. Depending on what zone you're in the enemies may not take well to it.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, don't worry I've been abusing my sick time and the AP boosts to cover my options. :v:

Blood/Elemental at the moment seems to be working well but I'm a bit all over the place with it. Still, I'm munching through the regular content as is.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Trying to come back to the game but Tokyo and the AEGIS system is kicking my rear end. Was this game always this difficult or do I just need better gear?

I've been using two builders/consumers and I'm in purple 10.0-2s except for my health stuff which is 10.4 but specced for tanking from I had more time to grind NMs

Current build is Hammer/Blade

Actives:
Blade Torrent
Ground Pound
Clearing the Path
Unstoppable Force
Beatdown
Full Momentum
Molten Steel

Aux: Clusterstruck

Passives:
Gross Anatomy (Elite)
Bloodsport
Iron Maiden
Immortal Spirit
Circulation
Breakdown
Elemental Force

Aux: Warhead

I've pretty much lost all my money to repair bills so I'm not sure whether I should just give up on Tokyo and go back to grinding Nightmare for some better gear or press forward and actual play the content I haven't seen before. Is it safe to say that the Templar guild and mumble is dead as well?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Sekenr posted:

Care to post your pistols/blood build?

Ill post my build later tonight! But basically it uses the business, and the business causes weakness. I then tag along several When you hit a target that is weakened do X passives.

The actives are all just centered around tokyo, so a couple of AOE things with one or two single target damaging abilities.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The biggest elements for me in conquering Tokyo were having passive heals (which you do) and a runspeed buff like Running Circles/Rapid Getaway. The movespeed boost plus Sleight of Hand to clear the CCs you'll inevitably eat make the zone a shitload more tolerable.

Kessel fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 7, 2015

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

poptart_fairy posted:

Yeah, don't worry I've been abusing my sick time and the AP boosts to cover my options. :v:

Blood/Elemental at the moment seems to be working well but I'm a bit all over the place with it. Still, I'm munching through the regular content as is.

Really as long as your build was good enough for city of the sun god and didn't rely on impairs you're probably fine for transylvania, because ghouls don't get stunned they just get mad.

Also once you're in TR you gain access to The Cost of Magic, which is one of the best ways to get XP in the game, and requires little to no combat, so if you need some poo poo for your build go do that poo poo.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

one of the best ways to get XP in the game

http://wiki.crygaia.com/view/The_Cost_of_Magic posted:

NOTE:
  • This mission is considered sabotage, so it requires patience and timing to avoid patrols.
  • It is has spots where you cannot avoid fights, and some of the monsters are much harder than others in the area.
  • There are environmental hazards that you'll have to go through that require 5.5K HP or more to survive
  • There are spots that require good jumping an platforming skills in order to jump from tiny platform to tiny platform.

This mission is often skipped for these reasons. Especially the jumping portion on tier 4, which could take several hours (days?) to master if you don't do well at precision jumping.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

basically it's really good if you've done it a million times and have a decent connection to funcom's servers

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Kessel posted:

basically it's really good if you've done it a million times and have a decent connection to funcom's servers

or just watch that one video some goon made about bumrushing it, although I think he stacked all health tank gear so he could ignore a lot of poo poo like the damage from the lake. The Castle is waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy harder to do quickly, for me at least.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Best way I found to deal with the lake is to come in from the left side. Rocket jump and two dashes will get you right to the island. You'll probably die but who gives a gently caress you're on the island. Just get the heart and move on.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I've found myself stuck in Nightmare in the Dream Palace against Freddy Beaumont. I can get his shield down and do some pretty good damage to him but not before the giant overlapping circles fill the room and one-hit kill me. Any advice?

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
Kill the clones. They're the ones that make the circles.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Here is my Pistol/Blood build

Actives:
The business
Shootout
There Will be blood
Marked
Exquisite Corpse
Deadly Aim
Dirty Tricks
Dragon's Breath

Passives:
Advantage Me
Mad Skills
Gunsmoke
Bloodsport
Gnosis
Magnum
Live Wire
Viscousc Accelerant

Looking over it the build is a bit weird. The passives are more of a crit build. My general battle plan is to cast Dirty Tricks, to Stun and break Aegis, then flame everything. Switch over to The business + shootout + wanted to kill the target. The Blood skills are there if I need more AOE or if I need a shield ability.

Its working pretty good for me in Issue 9.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

HundredBears posted:

Kill the clones. They're the ones that make the circles.

gently caress seriously? My friends told me to ignore them. Bastards.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

or just watch that one video some goon made about bumrushing it, although I think he stacked all health tank gear so he could ignore a lot of poo poo like the damage from the lake. The Castle is waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy harder to do quickly, for me at least.

The Castle is actually easier these days, sometime around the enhanced player experience patch they took some of the patrols out of it.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

So I just started recently and am interested in getting into healing for dungeons. I'm playing Dragon so went with and completed the Monk deck though I'm sure it isn't the most optimal build out there. How good is it? I've also been looking at dropping the AR stuff from the build and incorporating blood damage shields into it. I still don't have a full set of healing talismans but I've been gearing up past two days in dungeons and can hit about 500 959 in my heal rating. Is that a pretty decent start for at least running Polaris as heals?

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 8, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
That should be plenty and early healing is pretty much spamming Surgical Steel anyway. AR healing is super complex and you pretty much want to be decked out in raid gear for that. You probably want different passives though and get some crit in there.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jul 8, 2015

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Berke Negri posted:

So I just started recently and am interested in getting into healing for dungeons. I'm playing Dragon so went with and completed the Monk deck though I'm sure it isn't the most optimal build out there. How good is it? I've also been looking at dropping the AR stuff from the build and incorporating blood damage shields into it. I still don't have a full set of healing talismans but I've been gearing up past two days in dungeons and can hit about 500 959 in my heal rating. Is that a pretty decent start for at least running Polaris as heals?

What dungeons are you doing? Elites or normal? If its elites or higher than the below advice is relevant.
AR healing is very gear dependent since you need to do more damage to heal more. It also means you have to balance healing with avoiding the red circles. A good AR healer is amazing, they add DPS and heals.

If you aren't geared up Id suggest going a fist build, that goes off of criting on your heal over times (Which will then trigger the elite passive to heal 300 health).

P.S: Ill help you run some dungeons if you want! Are you PST?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
These C'da O'Do whatever thingies, should I be spending them on the purple QL 10 equipment or put them aside for later?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

poptart_fairy posted:

These C'da O'Do whatever thingies, should I be spending them on the purple QL 10 equipment or put them aside for later?

Spend them on Purple equipment. The purple equipment is 10.1 and is custom. This means its better than the normal 10.0 equipment and you can upgrade it using a talisman upgrade kit.

This guide is from 2012 but it is still helpful

http://dulfy.net/2012/07/18/endgame-gearing-in-tsw/

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Cheers, I'll remember that.

Just got around to doing the issue content and man, Last Train was a ton of fun. :haw:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Exmond posted:

What dungeons are you doing? Elites or normal? If its elites or higher than the below advice is relevant.
AR healing is very gear dependent since you need to do more damage to heal more. It also means you have to balance healing with avoiding the red circles. A good AR healer is amazing, they add DPS and heals.

If you aren't geared up Id suggest going a fist build, that goes off of criting on your heal over times (Which will then trigger the elite passive to heal 300 health).

P.S: Ill help you run some dungeons if you want! Are you PST?

Wasn't there a fist pistol healing build because pistols had good utility and cleansing?

thwoompa
Nov 9, 2004

My fanfiction makes baby Jesus cry

Wasn't there a fist pistol healing build because pistols had good utility and cleansing?

Pistol is almost useless for healing from what I remember better off pairing fist with blood

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
I think there is a 'Fistol' build hidden inside of the offsite forums. But there are only two ways to get to it, someone would have to donate monies or get one of the super admin types (Drinkfist) to convert the website from a premium host to a free host. Not sure which of those two options is worse, wasting money or invoking a summoning ritual to bring Drinkfist back. I do miss Drink though, he was perfect at squishing the launch time Lumi drama. Drink come back!

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

HughGRect posted:

I think there is a 'Fistol' build hidden inside of the offsite forums.

It's fist healing, the pistol part is just Deadly Aim and Healing Drone. Maybe one of the cleanses- I think Pistol has one that doesn't require resources. That's about it.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Fistol has always been fun to say.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Cheston posted:

It's fist healing, the pistol part is just Deadly Aim and Healing Drone. Maybe one of the cleanses- I think Pistol has one that doesn't require resources. That's about it.

That's pretty much my healing build. Although I think I have that one that paints five Pistol resources on nearby targets instead of Deadly Aim. Boosts Coup de Grace a bit and lets me pop more effective drones more often.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
A Dream To Kill certainly went places. :catstare:

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Are there any other vendors you can buy purple gear at other than the Council of Venice guys in the Scorched Desert and the Shadowy Forest?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

robziel posted:

Are there any other vendors you can buy purple gear at other than the Council of Venice guys in the Scorched Desert and the Shadowy Forest?

Ginpachi Park in Tokyo.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Cheston posted:

Ginpachi Park in Tokyo.

Wow I totally forgot about that guy thank you.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HughGRect posted:

I think there is a 'Fistol' build hidden inside of the offsite forums. But there are only two ways to get to it, someone would have to donate monies or get one of the super admin types (Drinkfist) to convert the website from a premium host to a free host. Not sure which of those two options is worse, wasting money or invoking a summoning ritual to bring Drinkfist back. I do miss Drink though, he was perfect at squishing the launch time Lumi drama. Drink come back!

You and I recall what he did then very differently.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I will always remember him as a swearing sword of righteous rage who would appear out of nowhere and vanish as quickly as he appeared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Anyone catching the developer stream? I'm only being fed bits second hand but apparently we're getting a new QL level, all currency is being rolled into bullion in addition to some extra dungeons and so on.

• Locked thread