Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

here's my stupid music poo poo and stupid nerd poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
ooooo, is that an Agile or is that whatever they ripped off?

8 string dorkiness aside i bet that sounds great

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
it's an agile and as far as i know this is an original design from them.the fanned frets are nice.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
nice, those drat things are tempting but i don't have the budget to blow on one right now

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
double-cut tele looks like something jay turser pumps out as an "original design"

e: woah jay turser does a mustang copy, ive never seen one before. i kind of want one.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

muike posted:

How is it?

I saw those the other day and have been thinking of ordering one ever since!

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
it is pretty good, at least so far. yes i spy some imperfections here and there, but i think combined with the decent quality, bright sound, and the fact that it's the only fanned fret extended range acoustic on the market it's a fair deal.

If i were to buy again i might just go for the 7 or even the 6, but i think those are both still 25-27, at least based on pictures, and that's a slightly larger fan than i'd like for something with less than 8 strings.

smells good too

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Yeah, I was a little disappointed that Rondo doesn't have an affordable Agile grade 6 string.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
there is the renaissance 6 string and it's in stock right now

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
a bass rig

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

im getting a panic attack thinking about that guy and a guitarist with an even bigger pedalboard turning up their amps to drown each other out until the entire room is a quivering feedbacky mess.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

shiksa posted:

im getting a panic attack thinking about that guy and a guitarist with an even bigger pedalboard turning up their amps to drown each other out until the entire room is a quivering feedbacky mess.

i'm more like, what size shoes does this dude have that he can maneuver in and actually hit the smaller stompboxes without knocking poo poo everywhere? also, doesn't anyone drink when they play live anymore? man, i'd be tripping all over that thing.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

One the one hand: :psypop:

On the other hand: dat moogerfooger :swoon:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i honestly have no idea what any of those things do because the only bass pedals I know or care about are the big muff and the sansamp thing that copies a really expensive ampeg

sout
Apr 24, 2014

It's a neat board but it's a shame nobody will ever hear the bass

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Schpyder posted:

One the one hand: :psypop:

On the other hand: dat moogerfooger :swoon:

I want every pedal on there.

crashdome
Jun 28, 2011
It's even more of a shame since bass players are unable to move their legs when playing.

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.
I used to use a fair number of pedals on bass (SansAmp, compression, whammy pedal, chorus, distortion) but now I just can't loving be bothered.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

sout posted:

It's a neat board but it's a shame nobody will ever hear the bass

I wish more music was mixed like early Black Sabbath, and had some actual interplay between the bass and the guitar.

Instead we just get some indistinct rumbling that no one cares about. Bass and drums are supposed to be the rhythm that gets people dancing, damnit :(

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

KozmoNaut posted:

I wish more music was mixed like early Black Sabbath, and had some actual interplay between the bass and the guitar.

Instead we just get some indistinct rumbling that no one cares about. Bass and drums are supposed to be the rhythm that gets people dancing, damnit :(

This makes you sound like an old codger

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It was just the best example I could think of. Some newer bands actually have decent mixes where the bass isn't all muddy and indistinct, but they're few and far between, at least in the various metal genres.

It's mostly the retro-style bands that have nice old-school mixes where all the instruments are distinct and easy to locate in the mix.

Without the unique snarl of a Rickenbacker 400x, a whole heap of great music just wouldn't be the same.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 6, 2015

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

KozmoNaut posted:

It was just the best example I could think of. Some newer bands actually have decent mixes where the bass isn't all muddy and indistinct, but they're few and far between, at least in the various metal genres.

I was thinking about it and some of my favorite guitar tones on albums are that way because the bass is high in the mix and makes everything sound more balanced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhll12Zngow

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
I think old recording engineers just didn't understand that low end was desirable in guitar based music. In a lot of the metal I listened to back in the day the bass is barely audible. In some cases it was because the bassist was the weakest player. In others, it was just a production decision.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

talkbass forum mod spotted

i was reloading
Aug 15, 2015

by zen death robot

thats gay

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

ZombieParts posted:

I think old recording engineers just didn't understand that low end was desirable in guitar based music. In a lot of the metal I listened to back in the day the bass is barely audible. In some cases it was because the bassist was the weakest player. In others, it was just a production decision.

the worst was the scott burns/morrisound thing on old death metal albums where the kick drums sound like someone throwing koosh balls at a throw pillow

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

comes along bort posted:

the worst was the scott burns/morrisound thing on old death metal albums where the kick drums sound like someone throwing koosh balls at a throw pillow

It's a tossup for me whether that, or the too clicky all-midrange no-bass kick drum sound is worse.

E: Fear Factory are right on the edge of acceptable IMHO, mostly because it fits their mechanical sort of style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3Oo-a-Vaso

I like the kick drum sound they've got, but a lot of other bands (maybe with worse production) tend to go overboard with the clickyness.

E2: Like this, for instance. Of course, everything sounds thin and weedy on this, which just makes it even worse, especially for an album that would become a major classic of the genre:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx08MK_O_TQ

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 6, 2015

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Modern metal kick drum sounds like someone is snapping their fingers really fast.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

no tuner lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

my live rig for bass pedal wise:

a tuner.

DS-1.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

muike posted:

I'm more interested in the figure, looks dope.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i will never reveal the wu tang secret

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Stux posted:

a tuner.

DS-1.

same but with this loving goofy looking ocd clone

its really versatile and comes in a hardy box, but god drat that case art

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

I only use a bass big muff pi pedal. My tuner is in the rack along with the compressor

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the darkglass db7k or whatever it's called sounds sick

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

comes along bort posted:

Scott Burns loving sucked. I was so sad that bands kept going back to him and his compressed garbage recordings. At that time, a lot of bands were starting to put out some really huge sounding material and the death metal bands sounded like they were recorded on little Tascams. It didn't make any sense. Everyone was using him though. He must have had good rates

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Stux posted:

a tuner.

DS-1.

Same but with an HM-2.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
i just have one of those $50 zoom multi effect bass pedals and i don't think i'll need anything else

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8-vje-bq9c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1eA5_4gyQw

• Locked thread