Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I hope they keep Annasui's sex switch in the anime.

I also hope they keep Fat Valentine before mysteriously switching him for Swole Valentine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Nah I meant this one

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/jojos-bizarre-adventure-papa-to-jolyne-to-josuke-doujinshi-r14055

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Prison Warden posted:

I like how he got a sex change off screen.

The sex change was jarring when I read through Stone Ocean but I realized that it made sense since there needed to be someone to tag along with Weather Report and the prison was sex-segregated. I don't know if that's the actual reason though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Annasui's stand is cool and he's got some funny lines, but he's a loving awful character.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Aurain posted:

DIO would have been the better timestop dad.

He'd be the better normal dad too.

DIO loves all of his children equally. Giorno, Rykiel, Versace and.....Bungalow. :v:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
My favorite thing about Annasui is how after he finishes showing off his Stand by using to kick a guard's teeth out, he poses with it and says "Celebrate us."

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I like how Annasui keeps getting shot down by increasignly bizarre circumstances.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't wait to see how Crunchyroll subs handle Bohemian Rhapsody.

Where the gently caress is Mouse of Mick?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Bad Seafood posted:

I hope they keep Annasui's sex switch in the anime.

I also hope they keep Fat Valentine before mysteriously switching him for Swole Valentine.

It's not mysterious, he became Swole Valentine when he accepted Jesus into his heart. Well, his whole torso, really.

But I do hope they keep him hanging out with like skinny Valentine and mustachioed Valentine for a couple scenes early on. Its nice foreshadowing.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I like however glosses over the fact Annasui used Diver Down to murder his girlfriend.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Annasui was a creep and I like that stone ocean kept dumping on him being a fuckin weirdo

Bad Seafood posted:

That had a reason though. Fatty valentine got stabbed and swapped out with a healthy one.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I love the idea that if Richard Nixon got swapped out for a version of him with the body of Terry Crews no one would bat an eye.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anasui is marrying Jolyne in the epilogue of Part 6, it did not dump on him at all.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Waffleman_ posted:

Replace all Disney references with Billy Bat.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Annasui was a creep and I like that stone ocean kept dumping on him being a fuckin weirdo

I'm still not sure what to think of that guy. On one hand, more or less unrepentant double murderer and a creep. On the other hand, downright hilarious sometimes, and a stone-cold badass. I liked how he turned someone's ribcage into a loving mine after briefly noting he's an enemy, or how he calmly stated that Pucci will now kill him, please get ready.

I... I wanted more Weather Report - Annasui buddy comedy. :(

FirstAidKite posted:

That had a reason though. Fatty valentine got stabbed and swapped out with a healthy one.

...huh? When did that happen? I thought Valentine's first "death" was when Lucy stabbed him and he switched with help of the chair, and he was already buff at that point.

Man, thinking back, Valentine must be a really lucky villain (right after Pucci) - if I remember correctly, during the Hot Pants - DInO - Valentine fight, Hot Pants makes DInO look like another Valentine while there's already three D4C-less presidents out there, and DInO uses the confusion to DECAPITATE three Valentines instantly. If the "real" Valentine had been among them, he'd be dead immediately without opportunity to switch. 75% chance of death, that was close!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Waffleman_ posted:

"Dishonest Acts at a Reasonable Price" :getin:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's Filty Acts you pleb

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Beef Chief posted:

Anasui is marrying Jolyne in the epilogue of Part 6, it did not dump on him at all.

Beef...

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

There are several possible explanations for Valentine getting built overnight, but most of them are implicit or only apparent in hindsight.

I just want the anime to capture that "Wait, when did he get fit?" experience from the manga.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Beef Chief posted:

That's two entirely different people, jeez!

So, Gyro Zeppeli is a pretty cool guy, it's looking like this spinning thing with the Steel Balls is like an alternate universe ripple of some kind. It seems like only Sandman and, I guess, Poccoloco have Stands. I'm guessing the area where the meteor hit is some kind of Stand-area or something, since those murdered dudes definitely seem like the work of an enemy Stand and Mountain Tim mentioned that a guy who went into the evil zone place was looking for emeralds, which is what Sandman used to buy his way into the race. I'm assuming that the race will just so happen to take a bunch of people through the meteor site since they are in the arizona desert right now and that's where Sandman is from.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Prison Warden posted:

That's two entirely different people, jeez!

This but unironically

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Filthy Acts Done For A Reasonable Price

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nasty Things, And I'm Willing To Haggle

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
poo poo Posts Made For Free

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Discount Dank Doings.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Beef Chief posted:

I think you'll find it cost us at least :10bux:.

Which is a reasonable price.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Beef Chief posted:

my stand

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Torquemadras posted:

Man, thinking back, Valentine must be a really lucky villain (right after Pucci) - if I remember correctly, during the Hot Pants - DInO - Valentine fight, Hot Pants makes DInO look like another Valentine while there's already three D4C-less presidents out there, and DInO uses the confusion to DECAPITATE three Valentines instantly. If the "real" Valentine had been among them, he'd be dead immediately without opportunity to switch. 75% chance of death, that was close!

It doesn't matter which one of them survived, as long as at least one did. D4C works by moving from one Valentine to the next when they're mortally wounded, bringing the memories of Valenprime with it. So if the "real" Valentine had died, it would just attach itself to a different one.

The only limitation of D4C is that it can't travel between dimensions on its own. The current Valenprime had to do it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
「Mike Rowe's Dirty Jobs Theme Song」

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

just finished and caught up to part 8. that felt like seven years i can only imagine how agonizing it must have been waiting for new SBR installments each month.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

「Mike Rowe's Dirty Jobs Theme Song」

「HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU」

Which is changed in the translation to For He's A Jolly Good Fellow

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Prison Warden posted:

Jolyne got into trouble because she picked up a guys wallet after he dropped it, he started freaking out and phoned the police when Jolyne tried to explain herself it didn't take so she jumped in his car to escape and immediately crashed it.

Florida man runs away from good samaritan, crashes car.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Uznare posted:

Part 8: JoJolion Volumes 105-???

JoJo: Josuke Higashikata

having caught up man this summary is perfect

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Okay so, Gyro Zeppeli is from the Kingdom of Naples, which I think wasn't around any more by 1the time the Steel Ball Run takes place, I guess Araki is taking full advantage of how this is an alternate universe to go crazy when he needs to.

Oh gently caress, the corpse is Jesus's isn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-jmn2E_oPQ

Hell yeah.

And now Dio is a Dinosaur.... amazing. I'm not reading Jojo's Normal, Everyday Life that's for drat sure.

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 7, 2015

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
President Funny Valentine of the United States is my favorite thing in Steel Ball Run.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

President Funny Valentine of the United States of Valentine, you mean.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It should be noted that Dio was really close to killing him. He lost because a strand of Valentine's hair went under the train wheel they were fighting on. Had they been a few inches farther away from the train Dio would have lived and Valentine would have died.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Normie Slayer posted:

President Funny Valentine of the United States of Valentine, you mean.
I forgot about that and his 91% approval rating as well as his skill at shotgunning beers.

Valentine 2016

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Moltrey posted:

I forgot about that and his 91% approval rating as well as his skill at shotgunning beers.

Valentine 2016

Freedom isn't free. It's Dirt Cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009