Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Crowder is a parody and a real person at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Steven Crowder, penis haver, should have stuck with voice over worn for Canadian cartoons.

Also, anyone find out whatever crisis he was going through a few weeks back?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Still have no idea what the crisis was.

And the dude isn't even patriotic enough to suck up is butthurt bullshit issues with women to watch a soccer match with the US trying for a championship.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Phone posted:

Also, anyone find out whatever crisis he was going through a few weeks back?

Temporarily forgot how to breath.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Speaking of the World Cup

Not Sexist.

He's got some real winners responding to his garbage level tweets.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Radish posted:

Not Sexist.

He's got some real winners responding to his garbage level tweets.

I decided to peep the poop and he has three tweets total that are variants of "let me tell you how much I don't care for soccer".

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Speaking of the World Cup

Jesus Christ, Crowder, this isn't how you do it.

:j: "I biked to work today."
:monocle: "A woman cycling? Goodness gracious! What's the world coming to with our females wearing bloomers and zipping around on the devil's carriage! Next they'll be demanding for the right to vote!"
:j: "Oh you're so silly!"

If you're going to make a sexist joke do it in a way that ridicules sexism as obsolete and out-of-touch. But hey, you're a Republican so you probably actually believe that poo poo. :v:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Americans eat dozens of pounds of sugar per year, bullshit all of you live on one sugar cube for a drink lmao

Parachute
May 18, 2003
But....but...my preference in drinks should match that of everyone else anything that isn't is just poo poo!

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

QuarkJets posted:

I like how they're basically selling bags of sugar + some artificial fruit flavoring and right on the front they say that it needs even more sugar before it becomes palatable

also lol one of them says NATURAL FLAVOR WITH OTHER NATURAL FLAVOR

That kind of Kool-aid doesn't have sugar in it at all, that's why it's just a few grams per packet. It's just flavor and color.

The Lemonade thing's probably just legal requirement since it's got two flavoring agents in it but only one is literally from a lemon. Or maybe even just from the right part of the lemon.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Watching CNN and they interview a defender of the Confederate Battle Flag and the first words out of his mouth is that the NAACP is simultaneously going out of business and all powerful enough that 'real' Americans need just oppose them to save the Republic.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Doctor Butts posted:

Still have no idea what the crisis was.

He had a "traumatic" injury requiring meds

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

QuarkJets posted:

These same sentiments apply to overly hoppy beers; masking a lovely drink doesn't make it good

So nice to see someone with the same view of beer as myself for once.

Someone should ask Crowder's opinion on the Tour de France that started July 4th; what with all those helmeted, spandex wearing men.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
"Uterus Soccer?" Seriously?

"Hey, look at me! I'm outrageous! Pay attention to me!"

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Nonsense posted:

Americans eat dozens of pounds of sugar per year, bullshit all of you live on one sugar cube for a drink lmao

You can only consume so much garbage and I prefer that garbage to all be food, drinking calories that don't contain alcohol isn't very satisfying IMO for how unhealthy it is. That and I don't understand American's obsession with extremely sweet things. My parents probably eat healthier than like 90% of Americans but they still do crazy things like putting sugar on fruit.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Accretionist posted:

Fun Fact: Taste receptors lose sensitivity, die and get replaced constantly. Harsh diets deaden your palette. Sweet tea would probably taste the same with -90% sugar if people didn't load everything up with sweetener.

One sugar cube to me is probably as sweet as ten-at-once would be to a sweet tea drinker.

Here's something to try WRT this phenomenon:

Go one week without eating anything with added sugar (this is way harder than it sounds, both in terms of addiction and in terms of processed food almost always having sugar in it). Then try drinking a heavily sweetened beverage. (Soda, sweet tea, whatever) If you're like me, it's going to taste WAY too sweet.

Nonsense posted:

The less sugar you drink, the more you can eat. Now where's my ice cream.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BiggerBoat posted:

All soccer is uterus soccer, biggerboat.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
My favorite unrealistic moment in Frasier is when it's Frasier Day in Seattle and he cant get on the monorail from Westlake/Downton to his parade at the Needle area and manages to run there in like 5 mins.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

QuarkJets posted:

These same sentiments apply to overly hoppy beers; masking a lovely drink doesn't make it good

I like my ladies like I like my beer - cold and bitter.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

VideoTapir posted:

Go one week without eating anything with added sugar (this is way harder than it sounds, both in terms of addiction and in terms of processed food almost always having sugar in it). Then try drinking a heavily sweetened beverage. (Soda, sweet tea, whatever) If you're like me, it's going to taste WAY too sweet.

The less sugar you drink, the more you can eat. Now where's my ice cream.

Same with salt.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

Eh, it's kind of worked for Ann Coulter so far. But it's better to be one of the first ones.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I bet Crowder watches hand-egg.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

It's called welfareball, jfc Crowder, come on.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Women's soccer = uterus soccer
Men's soccer = uterus football
NFL Football = football

Nonsense posted:

That's the average, which actually makes it more terrifying. For every person like me who tracks their sugar intake and has no more than probably 15g of actual sugar (~100g carbs total) per day there's another who has probably close to a pound of just sugar alone, with soda being the prime culprit.

For reference, 15g a day is half an oz but still comes out to 12lbs a year, which is probably less than half the amount of sugar in the trash can of sweet tea

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

VideoTapir posted:

This can even be true of American foods in general. I cut down on my sugar intake something fierce and eliminated HFCS from my diet and now most of the bread you can buy just tastes sickeningly sweet to me. I can't drink most sodas and even most juice has become awful. It's great though I'm way healthier and my eating habits are like five times healthier.

The inspiration was that I started having issues with my blood sugar and diabetes runs in my family something fierce so I was like "this stops."

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

ToxicSlurpee posted:

This can even be true of American foods in general. I cut down on my sugar intake something fierce and eliminated HFCS from my diet and now most of the bread you can buy just tastes sickeningly sweet to me. I can't drink most sodas and even most juice has become awful. It's great though I'm way healthier and my eating habits are like five times healthier.

The inspiration was that I started having issues with my blood sugar and diabetes runs in my family something fierce so I was like "this stops."

Same. Carbs are my enemy and I kind of try to avoid them now.

I'm to the point that even Diet Soda tastes "heavy" to me, and feels like it's weighing me down. So I've been trying to drink more water.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
So those dumb cake shop people in Oregon seem determined to get completely and thoroughly hosed by the courts. They've been ordered to stop publicly declaring their intent to continue breaking the law and have spent every waking minute since running to every right wing outlet they can to do just that.

These are the same idiots that posted court documents to facebook showing the names and home addresses of the couple they refused service to, with predictable results

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Good Citizen posted:

So those dumb cake shop people in Oregon seem determined to get completely and thoroughly hosed by the courts. They've been ordered to stop publicly declaring their intent to continue breaking the law and have spent every waking minute since running to every right wing outlet they can to do just that.

These are the same idiots that posted court documents to facebook showing the names and home addresses of the couple they refused service to, with predictable results

At some point the interview money will dry up and they will perish.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Nonsense posted:

At some point the interview money will dry up and they will perish.

They've been crowdfunding their bigotry, actually.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Any armchair lawyers here that can tell me if releasing court documents into the public without consent of the court or other named parties or a FOI request is a legit crime with actual repercussions? Seems like it should be, even just going by the "if it harms lawyers and lawyers decide on it, it's probably illegal" standard, but you never know. I feel like they should be in some real poo poo right now, like more than the civil suit they're no doubt getting

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
It sure as gently caress doesn't help their case.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Epic High Five posted:

Any armchair lawyers here that can tell me if releasing court documents into the public without consent of the court or other named parties or a FOI request is a legit crime with actual repercussions? Seems like it should be, even just going by the "if it harms lawyers and lawyers decide on it, it's probably illegal" standard, but you never know. I feel like they should be in some real poo poo right now, like more than the civil suit they're no doubt getting

Just asked a friend of mine who's working in a law office who says it's not inherently illegal, though there could be local laws, confidentiality agreements, etc. but it will almost certainly piss off the judge. Which I suppose might explain why they got slapped with $135k in damages.

I guess there might be the barest threads of an intimidation case there if you could prove that the records were released with the intent that people start harassing the Bowman-Cryers.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 6, 2015

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

BiggerBoat posted:

And yet here we are- paying him attention.

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
How do these people (Crowder, Walsh, et al) live by being such utter cunts all of the time?

Do they have friends, get out, and have fun? Or do they just sit in the living room with the shades drawn and stew over whatever "demon," is "persecuting," them at that point in time?

I imagine they'd be the douchiest of neighbors too with some sort of rear end in a top hat dog to boot.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Jesus Christ shut the gently caress about Friends, Frasier, Food, Fructose and...I guess...um...anything else starting with the letter "F" just to be safe.

Unless it's "FOX News reported...." or "Fuck (insert conservative pundit)"

Necc0 posted:

And yet here we are- paying him attention.

I started this thread and I'd never even heard of Stephen Crowder until around page 800 or so. This thread was made to generally call attention to these people, point out their hypocrisy and insanity, generally mock them and to consolidate all their bullshit into one easy to read area so must of us don't have to bother wading through the muck so I think it's OK.

Someone has to call it out now that Jon Stewart is steeping down.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Dammit_Carl! posted:

How do these people (Crowder, Walsh, et al) live by being such utter cunts all of the time?

Do they have friends, get out, and have fun? Or do they just sit in the living room with the shades drawn and stew over whatever "demon," is "persecuting," them at that point in time?

I imagine they'd be the douchiest of neighbors too with some sort of rear end in a top hat dog to boot.

I've often thought the same thing. My in-laws are die hard conservative Republicans, Fox News watchers, Drudge surfers, Obama haters who pretend to care about church, upwardly mobile bourgeois types intent on making an impression, etc. The type of people who drink $100 bottles of wine, play golf on $120 courses, visit France, dine at expensive restaurants and stay at fancy hotels simply to say they did and not because they enjoy it.

Nouveau riche in some ways but, to be fair, most of it IS self earned.

Yet they seem to have NO friends. I've been married for almost 10 years now, known my wife for 13 and in all the visits I've paid to to their home I have never ONCE heard a friend call, seen someone stop by, heard where they went out to eat with the Smiths, took a trip with the Jones' or anything like that. It's weird. Who are they trying to impress? What bonds have they forged?

When they visit us, our phone rings off the hook, folks stop by all the time, people from all walks of life that they don't know come and go.

I remember when I first met my wife, MY friends drove up to Atlanta and helped her load up the moving and truck and poo poo but some of them had tattoos!!! That's all they remember. Lastly, my wife's last really serious boyfriend before me was black and her father was prone to crying and almost had a nervous breakdown over it.

TL/DR: Yes. It must be odd living in this weird bubble. Whoever my typical stereotypically conservative in laws are trying to impress aint working and they have no friends at all.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
That's actually kind of interesting to think about. Going over the people I know, the most hardcore right wingers I know that do have friends all seem to be law enforcement/former military type people whose friends mostly seem to be others from the same group. It's hard for me to gauge though since I don't typically spend much time hanging around ultra conservative types. I do feel like the more conservative people I know seem to have the more quieter social lives (they aren't posting tons of pictures of them with groups of friends having fun, usually just them and their families, or them "relaxing" at home or working out at the gym alone) and I feel like they seem to travel less too. It's funny that the most left wing people I know also happen to be the people who travel the most.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Probably just confirmation bias, and some people simply aren't very social, left or right wing. Or they see a lot of their friends through their normal days at work and church and the like. Or they don't flaunt it to other people.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Cythereal posted:

Probably just confirmation bias, and some people simply aren't very social, left or right wing. Or they see a lot of their friends through their normal days at work and church and the like. Or they don't flaunt it to other people.

Yeah, I know no shortage of right-wing people who have been all over and have huge social circles, and left-wingers who are recluses. Left or right, the busy and social ones will always be quick to tell you that knowing more people and seeing more of the world is what convinced them of their beliefs, but psychology is funny that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

BiggerBoat posted:

Nouveau riche in some ways but, to be fair, most of it IS self earned.

I think it's this part more than the political ideology. It's not a concrete rule, but the more wealthy people get the more socially isolated they tend to be. By contrast, people of less expansive means tend to have stronger and more active social lives, broadly speaking. It's part of the reason that suicide rates tend to be higher in the "developed" world as opposed to more impoverished nations.