Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Hellsau posted:

Also I killed PINGU, so someone add that to The List.

Jesus, it took too long. You're losing your touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

JohnGalt posted:

New tanks username: guderianrommel
Himmlerschreckkliest

Bort Bortles posted:

BonerlordHitlerfart or bust.

Agrajag posted:

you need to look at this in the context of WoT mate.

adolfhitler69xxsmokeweedxx

Yo, my little bro's account got renamed, and I need you guys to help us come up with a kewl, new, kickin-rad' name! (that won't also be instantly renameable)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Missing Name posted:

Jesus, it took too long. You're losing your touch.

They were dying in the middle of the campaign. I was just sticking around to watch it stop twitching.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

RanKizama posted:

Battle took place on only 1/4 of the whole map. There was one corner and that was about it unless you went into the south road which was kind of a coin flip. The hills were pretty much untraversable and as such a lot of the map was wasted. I'd like to see it (and Port) come back, but it'd need some serious work to make better use of the map as a whole.

So much wrong in this post. Dragon Ridge was easily one of the most dynamic maps out and there were so many routes to flank everywhere. Only bads stuck to clumping together in the same spots over and over.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

the same sort of bads who don't like comets, probably

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

since i'm laying down sick truths in this thread, the tiger is and was always better than the is

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Atomizer posted:

Yo, my little bro's account got renamed, and I need you guys to help us come up with a kewl, new, kickin-rad' name! (that won't also be instantly renameable)

HEATler
806splitatomseveryday

LostCosmonaut fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 7, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
GooseStepGöering

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Agrajag posted:

So much wrong in this post. Dragon Ridge was easily one of the most dynamic maps out and there were so many routes to flank everywhere. Only bads stuck to clumping together in the same spots over and over.
Maybe in Clan Wars, but in random battles it was the same clusterfuck every match at the exact same spot. I didn't mind the map but, more often than not, it was widely unused.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

RanKizama posted:

Maybe in Clan Wars, but in random battles it was the same clusterfuck every match at the exact same spot. I didn't mind the map but, more often than not, it was widely unused.

Still wrong.

DönitzDontTell

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I was originally going to go with "hellsau" but someone already snapped it up with a 0-battle joke account. :3:

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012
I want you all to know that Hell's clan killing prowess is not exaggerated. No less than 4 people are now openly talking about quitting in the clan chat.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

RanKizama posted:

I know, it was great! I'm not that great at world of tanks, but I could consistently carry on that map due to being able to use most of it to flank people unopposed.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

I was originally going to go with "hellsau" but someone already snapped it up with a 0-battle joke account. :3:

That was Tioga, in fact.

OTTER got what they deserved and it was entirely predictable.

e: I want to get into a clan that does a lot of strongholds because strongholds are actually fun and rewarding. Is FOXEY still incredibly irritating? I did a tournament with BULBA people and I can't take that level of anime. Anything more obnoxious than NTR is just unbearable.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 7, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Anime and WoT are synonymous with each other, noob.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Hellsau posted:

That was Tioga, in fact.

OTTER got what they deserved and it was entirely predictable.

e: I want to get into a clan that does a lot of strongholds because strongholds are actually fun and rewarding. Is FOXEY still incredibly irritating? I did a tournament with BULBA people and I can't take that level of anime. Anything more obnoxious than NTR is just unbearable.

We do a lot of strongholds but I'm not letting you in because you'll kill it :colbert:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

primelaw posted:

We do a lot of strongholds but I'm not letting you in because you'll kill it :colbert:

In my defense it's actually inactive leadership and allowing poor play to be rewarded that kills clans, since as one player in a clan you cannot exactly kill it without having a very high amount of authority. EvilVader killed PURPL by doing something very stupid. MacDiesel killed CRABS by being hilariously dumb. VOLT ate itself due to terrible players being terrible.

PINGU seriously has had zero officers on in a week and was bleeding players due to awful players sabotaging us during campaign matches and still being put into future battles, which kind of killed any possible morale.

Oh also I don't actually want to do clan wars because it's boring and stressful for nearly zero rewards since if I need gold I can just do a tournament.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

RanKizama posted:

Can't play the comet, can't play dragon's ridge.

It's you, you're the pubbie.

e: and you post on the official forums.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Atomizer posted:

Tankfuck.

It's an instant classic.

Alternately:

Auschnitzel
Wehraboo (probably taken)
Useless_Pubbie

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Agrajag posted:

Anime and WoT are synonymous with each other, noob.

At least it's not the cancer that infests boats.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Renaming myself to WeedLord_BonerHellsau

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

Renaming myself to WeedLord_BonerHellsau

I thought you said you were Chillsau. So which is it? WHICH IS IT, HUH?

SolusLunes posted:

At least it's not the cancer that infests boats.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Control Volume posted:

since i'm laying down sick truths in this thread, the tiger is and was always better than the is

I think they are equally good.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Control Volume posted:

the tiger was one of the strongest tanks in its tier and then it got even more buffed so yeah

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
IS and IS2 > Tiger. Your sorry fascist box tank cannot meet the glorious fist of Stalin and the energetic pace his engines provide. Poorly designed box tanks sit in the rubbish bin of history.

Comet is overrated.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
Tiger is a better tank overall in WoT but the IS is more fun. They used to be more or less balanced (perhaps slightly biased towards the Tiger) but the :godwin: buffs gave the Tiger a clear margin.

This does not necessarily hold true for the Chinese IS (which I have not played) or the Berlin IS-2 (which doesn't count, because like the Bromwell and Rudy it is way better than it has any business being).

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

The Tiger is a really good tank, I would almost say it even gives the T29 a run for it's money. It's more a finesse tank though so you kinda have to know what your doing, also the current meta in this game doesn't favor dpm snipers like it used to.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Desuwa posted:

Can't play the comet, can't play dragon's ridge.

It's you, you're the pubbie.
I can play both the Comet and Dragon's Ridge (well, not DR anymore) but that doesn't make them good. I just want the drat Centurion already.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

unlawfulsoup posted:

This rule tends to carry strongly for anyone choosing a famous WW2 figure.

crosspost

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Hellsau posted:

Join JIMBO, we're already well on our way to create another LIMBO/AWFUL schism in the Mafia and alienate ourselves. It would be a nice easy kill that would get you back on an aggressive pace at clan destruction.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

rossmum posted:

This does not necessarily hold true for the Chinese IS (which I have not played) or the Berlin IS-2 (which doesn't count, because like the Bromwell and Rudy it is way better than it has any business being).

I came back just in time to buy the 4-tank Berlin bundle, and it was totally worth it.

I wasn't doing too hot in the IS-2 until last weekend when I had a really nice game on Winterberg (and lost). I was top tier, got 4 kills and around 4k damage, and ultimately ended up dying to a T29 that I couldn't get around. He was actually smart enough to keep his hull hidden pretty much all game, and by the time we faced off, there were no pubbies left on my team to distract him.

On a related note, I can't wait to get into the M6 and then the T29 and just bully the hell out of people.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

RanKizama posted:

I can play both the Comet and Dragon's Ridge (well, not DR anymore) but that doesn't make them good. I just want the drat Centurion already.

They make themselves good, it's you who makes them bad. Please stop wearing your incompetence like a badge of honor.

DR was removed from the game because pubbies only knew how to go straight up and down the 9 and 0 lines. Since WG balances around the average instead of the competent there wasn't much that could be done even when it was a blast to use the other 4/5 of the map and, if nothing else, get a ton of free side shots.

Lol though, if you think the comet is slow or unarmoured, the Cent is a great tank but it's slower and has a turret that is barely more reliable.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

unlawfulsoup posted:

Comet is overrated.
But it's QB's favorite tank so it must be great!

Desuwa posted:

They make themselves good, it's you who makes them bad. Please stop wearing your incompetence like a badge of honor.
That's like saying the Churchill GC makes itself good when it is beyond atrocious aside from a decent gun. The Comet is a low spot in the lineup after the glory that was the Cromwell. It's like how the Challenger is loving awful after how great the Firefly is. Granted, the Comet is nowhere near as bad as the Challenger but it's still very unremarkable. Again, I can play the Comet and have a 50%+ winrate in it but it's still not a fun vehicle to drive. I'll take the T20 over it any day of the week.

Desuwa posted:

Lol though, if you think the comet is slow or unarmoured, the Cent is a great tank but it's slower and has a turret that is barely more reliable.
I hear the line only gets better after the Comet, but we'll see. I've a clanmate that swears by the Centurions and FV4202. I'm looking forward to seeing how they compare to the American mediums that I'm already enjoying.

M.C. McMic posted:

On a related note, I can't wait to get into the M6 and then the T29 and just bully the hell out of people.
The M6 was a solid tank but the initial grind on the T29 was kind of rough even with the 90mm. You gotta get the treads before you can even mount the top gun on it as well, and both require more than 12K experience to acquire. This past x5 weekend really helped me churn that out in a hurry though. The tank is horrendously slow at the moment and I'm really hoping the engines help that out, but it doesn't look like a big increase in horsepower so I'm not expecting much. You can wait to do the top turret last. The base turret is already bouncy as all hell when hull-down though and is a lot of fun.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 7, 2015

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Hellsau posted:

I want to get into a clan that does a lot of strongholds because strongholds are actually fun and rewarding.

I'm looking for this too. Strongholds are fun and great for credits. How are PBKAC and AWFUL doing these days?

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

The comet is one of the high points of the line. The only low points in the line is the covenanter, which cannot handle tier 6 tanks, and the 4202 which is the lowest pen t10, by a significant margin, due to the lack of a heat round and can't pen things other t10s can.

Like I get that you're not good at it, but if you can't adapt to the slightly slower speed of compared to the Cromwell when you're also getting amazing gun handling, a good mantlet, and great depression out of the deal, you're going to have a hard time with tanks that magnify the same deficiencies, compared to the Cromwell. If you can't adapt to the slightest differences between tanks the problem isn't the tank.

Trying to compare the comet to the GC is a bizarre non-sequitur. One is a tank with a below average (though at median) gun for its tier with everything else matching to significantly better than its peers, and one is a TD with a marginally better gun than its peers with no other upsides.

I keep the Cromwell, comet, centurion 7, 4202, and even the cruiser IV (which is just unfair) and do well in all of them despite their differences. When good players post about the comet being good, it's not some kind of inside joke and you don't know something they don't.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
I really don't understand the amerigoon hardon for the Comet. It's a thoroughly mediocre tank that in many ways is worse than the Cromwell. It has a lower top speed, lower HP/ton ratio and higher ground resistance so it's a lot more sluggish. What you gain in exchange is seventy-five (75) more DPM, a turret that very occasionally may bounce a thing, a few degrees of gun depression and gun handling that isn't the garbage the Cromwell has (still not super impressive, though). It plays sort of like the Easy Eight except one tier higher, which kinda sounds cool but it really isn't.

All of the T7 mediums I've played so far have been pretty unimpressive (except the T20, which was pretty cool albeit hampered by its abysmal DPM) and the Comet really doesn't stand out in any way at all. I elited it, sold it and didn't buy the Centurion.

Meanwhile I have a >70% win rate in the Cromwell B.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jul 7, 2015

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Desuwa posted:

The comet is one of the high points of the line. The only low points in the line is the covenanter, which cannot handle tier 6 tanks, and the 4202 which is the lowest pen t10, by a significant margin, due to the lack of a heat round and can't pen things other t10s can.

I love the covenanter, although you're right it's bad vs. higher tiers. If you can fight equal or lower tiers the thing shits out damage with its weird double-shot gun. I really hated the tank after it in the line (crusader?) and sold it out of frustration, but I was a lot worse at the game then so maybe I'd do better in it now.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Desuwa posted:

Like I get that you're not good at it, but if you can't adapt to the slightly slower speed of compared to the Cromwell when you're also getting amazing gun handling, a good mantlet, and great depression out of the deal, you're going to have a hard time with tanks that magnify the same deficiencies, compared to the Cromwell. If you can't adapt to the slightest differences between tanks the problem isn't the tank.
Overall I'm doing fine with the tank. I keep saying that. It's just that the tank is not good and I'm looking forward to selling it once it's elited. It has good gun depression, no speed, no armor, and a gun that seems more than a little underwhelming. Sure, one can poke over ridges and perform a rather slow flanking maneuver at times, but the overall performance of the Comet is lackluster at best. If the tank had an armor bonus that would offset the sluggish agility it might be a different story but, as it stands, it doesn't really do anything particularly well aside from looking over hills and getting a lucky bounce off the mantlet every once in a while.

TheFluff posted:

It plays sort of like the Easy Eight except one tier higher, which kinda sounds cool but it really isn't.
That's a pretty good comparison I think. Granted, I thoroughly enjoyed my E8 and only sold it once I got the Fury to replace it.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

RanKizama posted:

That's a pretty good comparison I think. Granted, I thoroughly enjoyed my E8 and only sold it once I got the Fury to replace it.

Yes, well, stats-wise it's very very close to the Easy Eight - it's only got marginally more DPM, the big difference is that it has a lot more pen. At one tier higher, though, it really isn't a favorable trade. I too enjoy the Fury a lot.

Also, since we have cometchat now, what's next on the list of circulating topics? I want to be prepared.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jul 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour
the anti-comet brigade are keen to brush off 'a few extra degrees' of gun depression when it is literally The Most Important Stat