Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'd like to play Minecraft with more mods but my computer is too old to do play any of the biggest kitchen sink mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

It's my day off and I wanted to play games but my boyfriend switched out the hard drive on my xbox with his and forgot to switch it back. I'd do it myself but I don't know where it is and he's at work so I'll just have to wait :argh:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

DrBouvenstein posted:

If you have Time Warner, I'm assuming it's cable internet? With cable, you're on a shared connection with several other people, so depending on time of day, who else is using it, etc... it's within the realm of possibility that it can go up that much.

Though it still depends on actual numbers...if you went from like 2-3 Mbps to 20-30, then that's normal, but if you went from like 20-30 Mbps to 200, then I'd say you might want to check your next bill to make sure you weren't "upgraded" without knowing.

Yes, cable internet. Up until yesterday it was 10-12mbps range, but every time I check it now it's easily 105 to 108 :stare: I'd like to just kick back and enjoy the faster internet speed, but I just know this is going to impact my wallet negatively.

HOLY gently caress posted:

It's my day off and I wanted to play games but my boyfriend switched out the hard drive on my xbox with his and forgot to switch it back. I'd do it myself but I don't know where it is and he's at work so I'll just have to wait :argh:

If it's a black 360-Slim, the harddrive is under one of the panels on the side; there's a little lever you can get a fingernail under and pull up, the harddrive is hidden under that. Unless you meant "I don't know where the other harddrive/xbox is", in which case I can't help you :v:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I took a nap and overslept meaning I didn't win an auction I've been keeping an eye on :argh:

DAMMIT I NEEDED THAT AIRBRUSH.

Kind of.

Well, not like immediately but you know, it'd have been cool to own and I could use it in a few weeks at least. Probably.

:argh:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My free Starbucks birthday drink (a venti iced soy vanilla latte) didn't taste right with the chocolate chip cookie I purchased to accompany it. :smith:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

There was a chocolate-covored strawberry in my froyo but it didn't taste very good.

I beat my girlfriend in glow-in-dark mini golf and I almost feel bad.

Last night was our anniversary and the clams in my pasta were delicious but one of them was weirdly salty.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

I would pay an extra $10 to watch a movie with no commercials during the "pre-show" or before the trailers.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Inzombiac posted:

Last night was our anniversary and the clams in my pasta were delicious but one of them was weirdly salty.

:rip:

Current FWP: I went out last night on a really fun date but today I am tired and would prefer to be at home having a nap than at work :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I had a dream about the forums.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I killed about 30 cichlid fry today by checking if the eggs were fertile. They were. The mom fish spit the babies because I checked too soon. The third mom fish had a mouthful of unfertilized eggs.

I gave away the five baby pythons to an old coworker, but didn't tell my mom I also gave her one of the albino python babies. Mostly because she really wanted him, she'll use him in her educational wildlife shows, and I'm not going to demand a high price from her when she took five other snakes off our hands. Despite the fact my mom has had nothing to do with any of the snakes for about two years now, she would be furious if she knew. Because clearly I haven't been doing the right marketting to loving sell snakes no one loving wants. So Jill did us a favor, I did her a favor back.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My shoes are too comfortable.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
I'm sick with the flu but my counterpart is out of town and none of the managers in my store know how to do my job so I have to go in anyway.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I got a new mouse when I built my new PC a few weeks ago, it's a Logitech G502 and it has much higher DPI than my last mouse and I've been slowly getting used to the higher options available on it. However my mouse at work is just some came-bundled-with-the-computer-mouse which I've now cranked up to the highest sensitivity setting available, and it still feels like I'm moving it through loving molasses.

Thin Privilege posted:

I had a dream about the forums.

I've done this too :(

Inzombiac posted:

My shoes are too comfortable.

Also had this happen, takes a several months but they should wear down eventually. I miss my super comfy shoes now.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Judging by these phone calls, the people working on my car could gently caress up a one-man parade.

I said to drain the fuel first because I'm pretty sure it's full of water. Of course it's going to be throwing codes if the fuel's hosed up!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Yesterday was my birthday, and all around things were pretty drat sweet. I didn't get to hang out with and inflict more Kamen Rider W episodes upon one of my oldest friends, though. C'est la vie!

also poo poo keeps happening that keeps setting me back on having enough money to build a new computer. I'm so loving close I can taste it :argh: Just two or three more paychecks!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

A kickstarter I was a little interested in, but overall didn't need, has rolled out so many great stretch goals I need to buy it now.

Goodbye money, it was nice knowing you.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
You know how when you're semi-strenuously hiking/exerting yourself to the point where you drink a lot of water but you don't have to pee, simply because your body needs the water?

I wish I had that 24/7. I like drinking a lot of water (zero cal, reduces hunger pangs, is refreshing), but hate how I have to pee so much. :(

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
One hour and 45 minutes phone call for work :shepicide:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'm moving but it makes my knees hurt.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

my heart hurts for the chinese kid that has to stitch my size 15 toms

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

I walked into a display at a store yesterday and not only did I look and feel really stupid, my shoulder is all kinds of hosed up from banging into a glass shelf.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I got anxiety at not being able to find a low priced plane ticket

then I remembered I don't have to pay for it so I don't need to worry that much

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Poldarn posted:

I would pay an extra $10 to watch a movie with no commercials during the "pre-show" or before the trailers.

Just turn up 30 minutes late

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MisterBibs posted:

You know how when you're semi-strenuously hiking/exerting yourself to the point where you drink a lot of water but you don't have to pee, simply because your body needs the water?

I wish I had that 24/7. I like drinking a lot of water (zero cal, reduces hunger pangs, is refreshing), but hate how I have to pee so much. :(

Get a job as a forest ranger.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I left my big box of big garbage bags outside after the dude doing lawn work needed some, and forgot about them and it rained really hard and now they are all wet and ew.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
My galaxy note 4 needs to be charged more often than my iPhone 5s

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
I have a lovely retail job and forget that not only do most people not work on weekends/holidays, but that some holidays have "observance" days. I need to schedule some appointments but I can't do that until Monday now. :smith:

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
There's so much smoke blowing from the wildfires across my province that it covered up the sun and made the air smell like a bonfire. Now I have to waste time turning the lights on.

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 19:59 on Jul 5, 2015

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The air is smoky from wildfires, my nose is pouring blood and I might have strep throat.

At least I live in a country with glorious socialized healthcare so it's mostly just means I'm going to be miserable for awhile and not at any serious risk.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

My boyfriend's mom is cooking us dinner and it smells amazing and I'm so hungry and don't want to wait another hour for it to be ready ;_;

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm rapidly running out of comics to read even though I have an enormous access to new books.

I've a cushy but mind-numbing job that I want to leave but there is not much available unless I learn a new programming language. I can do it but my Internet access at my current job is restricted heavily, so getting in lessons and practice is hard.

Witcher 3 is loving fun but my office is on the top floor and it's boiling up this summer.

My landlord raised our rent. It's still below market but it makes me angry.

JustAurora
Apr 17, 2007

Nature vs. Nurture, man!
I'm stressed about leaving the dog at the dog sitter's in August for a nice vacation. The last time we went out of town we boarded him at the vet and the vet only gave him half his food and my dog lost 10% of his body weight in a week. This time we are leaving him at a new dog sitter who friends have used and is very nice and is willing to email updates every day. But I am still very stressed. :(

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
It takes most of my frequent flyer miles to fly to Hawaii and back.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

My dad put milk in my coffee. I drink my coffee almost exclusively black. :arghfist::coffee:

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
I live in the first world and I mentally abuse myself for not doing anything/being able to do anything to make the non-first world suck less. Also everything nice I own was made by slave labor.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I hosed up somehow when making coffee this morning and it wasn't very good. Now I have to wait another 10 minutes before I'll be at school and I can get some more.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

We had a potluck at work but it was mostly vegan Mexican food.
Like, why even bother?

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

I'm writing a formal letter to my former boss requesting my very late last paycheck (since in my state if I don't do so within two months of leaving I pretty much forfeit that paycheck), and I'm finding it incredibly difficult to not take snipes at him and his sketchy hiring and management practices throughout the letter.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
The android app for Yahoo TV/Screen is terrible.

There's no decent navigation... Just play/pause. If you want to go back, you've got to just try to tap the right spot on the nav bar.

Would it kill them to add forward/reverse 10 second buttons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I ate too much pie.