Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plisk
Mar 27, 2007

No one's going to
take me alive.
Time has come to
make things right.

Joementum posted:

Presidential candidates who did not tweet a congratulations to US Women's National Team last night: Chafee, Sanders, Santorum, Trump, Webb.

To be fair, sport is a surrogate to war which still doesn't provide a satisfactory ethical substitute for its murderous cousin. In fact, soccer has actually been the cause of a war in one noted case.

Plisk fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Job Truniht posted:

I still wish for that scenario where Obama did an immigration speech at the US-Mexican border with a parade of immigrant workers, Taco Bell employees, a Mariachi band, and a Día de Muertos in the background and then come out and say "yep, those were all US citizens". Trump would go apeshit.

Sneak peak at Trump's first ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-cBsa73jjA

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Bernie's speeches are pretty boring for me, as I've heard them for over twenty years now, but I'll say this: the YouTube comments on the live stream make them really fun to watch.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

I'd like to solve the puzzle: Cock Talk :911: IRL (For America)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Agrajag posted:

I really like that in the comments section a lot of people blame all the crime and murders on the immigrants. They also seem to latch onto a single case in that San Francisco murder as an example that it's happening everywhere.

:siren: :derp: :siren:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Joementum posted:

What is, never going to be president?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Portland, ME tonight.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
It's seriously just going to be
code:
  SCOTT WALKER
   FOR AMERICA
loving lmao

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Joementum posted:

Portland, ME tonight.

Wow, Kasich really got it going on

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

It's seriously just going to be
code:
  SCOTT WALKER
   FOR AMERICA
loving lmao

Yeah, but the E is an American flag, so that's something.

Maybe the S will be the Gadsden flag snake! It won't be, but that'd be pretty awesome if it was.

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Kalman posted:

Hillary is pretty good too. People just think she isn't because they don't actually understand her positions, or are single issue voters solely on specific aspects of foreign policy.

Or it could be people who think she's "pretty good" mistake her rhetoric for her positions, or don't understand the policies she's supported and voted for and (mistakenly) believe she isn't a conservative, etc. Or maybe, just maybe, people in both camps actually do understand her positions and either agree or disagree with them depending on their personal beliefs.

Edit: you sound like a Bernie supporter condescending to minorities by claiming they just don't understand how his focus on the economic issues we all face are more important than racial issues.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Plisk posted:

In fact, soccer has actually been the cause of a war in one noted case.

No it hasn't, soccer was the excuse that two countries who had been having border disputes for years gave in order to go to war.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Joementum posted:

Totally called ending at a podium.

What a waste of time this "unveiling" is. What's even the point?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

It's actually to announce his candidacy for the vice presidency - it'll read:

MITT ROMNEY/
SCOTT WALKER
FOR AMERICA

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

RaySmuckles posted:

I'd like to solve the puzzle: Cock Talk :911: IRL (For America)
Nah, it's "Cock Milker for America":911:

He's showing how happy he is about the recent Supreme Court ruling, and I approve.:patriot:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
One advantage of running for President: Tony Orlando will perform at your anniversary dinner and all of your guests will give you money.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

I'm not so sure about that nowadays

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The all important Latino vote.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Daniel Bryan posted:

Did Rick and Al Gore have a baby? :psyduck:

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Evil Fluffy posted:

Isn't Terry Mac also toxic as gently caress? Why would Clinton want someone like him as her VP?

She almost certainly doesn't, but he's more likely to get the nod than Webb, Sanders, Warren, etc. because the Clintons trust him and he won't bring any sort of conflicting personal ideology to the ticket.

As as been said repeatedly, Hillary will choose someone she likes personally that is willing to do the job and not make waves. Everything else is substantially less important.

quote:

The reason I keep mentioning Julian Castro is because he checks off a lot of boxes Hilary doesn't as he's a young, charismatic, Hispanic politician and if he wants to be President one day then she (and Bill) get to potentially play Kingmaker with him when she leaves office and he runs.

If Castro proves to be a temperamentally compatible and is willing to subordinate his opinions to hers, he'll be considered. If not, none of his other qualifications matter.

Plisk
Mar 27, 2007

No one's going to
take me alive.
Time has come to
make things right.

Wanamingo posted:

No it hasn't, soccer was the excuse that two countries who had been having border disputes for years gave in order to go to war.

So the incident at Lexington had nothing to do with the American Revolution. Got it.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Hey guys, it's last Wednesday and Scott Walker is in favor of immigration reform, according to Stephen Moore of the Heritage Foundation, who spoke with him on the phone.

quote:

“‘I’m not going nativist, I’m pro-immigration,’” Mr. Walker said, according to Mr. Moore’s account of the call to a reporter for The New York Times.

Hey guys, now it's Sunday and actually Stephen Moore never spoke to Scott Walker on the phone.

quote:

On Sunday, after three days of pressure from Mr. Walker’s aides, Mr. Moore said that he had “misspoken” when recounting his call with Mr. Walker — and that the call had never actually taken place.

Or maybe it was someone pretending to be Stephen Moore on the phone. Scott Walker has those kinds of problems, from time-to-time.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Daniel Bryan posted:

Well, at least he didn't make the mistake Romney did and go on Telemundo.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
COCK BLOCKER
FOR AMERICA

Daniel Bryan posted:

Tanned, rested, and ready.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

baw posted:

I'm not so sure about that nowadays

Come watch the Daily Show stream with us in the Month of Zen thread and I promise you'll see things my way. Now watch this drive.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Joementum posted:

Yeah, but the E is an American flag, so that's something.

Maybe the S will be the Gadsden flag snake! It won't be, but that'd be pretty awesome if it was.

Maybe the S will be a swastika.

Also, is that gold fringe on the flag? :tinfoil:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiLxqKSI68o

I want him and Trump to debate so hard. :allears:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Washington Post stopped by the construction site of Trump's new building in DC. Take a wild guess what they discovered.

quote:

“It’s something ironic,” said Ivan Arellano, 29, who is from Mexico and obtained legal status through marriage. He now works as a mason laying the stonework for the lobby floor and walls of what will become the Trump International Hotel.

“The majority of us are Hispanics, many who came illegally,” Arellano said in Spanish. “And we’re all here working very hard to build a better life for our families.”

Interviews with about 15 laborers helping renovate the Old Post Office Pavilion revealed that many of them had crossed the U.S-Mexico border illegally before they eventually settled into the Washington region to build new lives.

Several of the men, who hail mostly from El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala, have earned U.S. citizenship or legal status through immigration programs targeting Central Americans fleeing civil wars or natural disasters. Others quietly acknowledged that they remain in the country illegally.

“Most of the concern is that this escalates into a bigger problem,” said Daniel Gonzalez, 45, a sheet metal worker from El Salvador who crossed the border in the 1980s to escape his country’s civil war. He became a U.S. citizen after a federal immigration judge granted him asylum, he said.

“He might come one day and pretty much tell us to get the heck out of here,” Gonzalez said of Trump.

Several of the laborers — who travel to work from as far away as Baltimore or Manassas, Va., every day — fumed at Trump’s comments, saying that they have led honest lives that have allowed them to buy homes and raise U.S.-born children.

“Do you think that when we’re hanging out there from the eighth floor that we’re raping or selling drugs?” Ramon Alvarez, 48, a window worker from El Salvador, said during a break Monday morning just outside the construction site. “We’re risking our lives and our health. A lot of the chemicals we deal with are toxic.”

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

You're such a gullible fool, it's obvious that rapists, murderers, and drug dealers will say they are honest workers. Whatever else would you expect them to say?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Evil Fluffy posted:

Doubtful. There's nothing gained by having any of those people as VP. The reason I keep mentioning Julian Castro is because he checks off a lot of boxes Hilary doesn't as he's a young, charismatic, Hispanic politician and if he wants to be President one day then she (and Bill) get to potentially play Kingmaker with him when she leaves office and he runs. Isn't Terry Mac also toxic as gently caress? Why would Clinton want someone like him as her VP? It'd be like Jeb getting the nomination and deciding to go back to Florida to pick Voldemort for his VP.

Virginia loves McAuliffe lately. But taking him for VP would mean that he's no longer holding down the fort in VA, and you only get one shot at governor there. So not the wisest move really, no idea what they do for the current lieutenant governor having to pick a new one.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Joementum posted:

One advantage of running for President: Tony Orlando will perform at your anniversary dinner and all of your guests will give you money.

BRB gonna file some candidacy paperwork, maybe I can get Tony Bennett.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The rest of the campaign can be boring as gently caress as far as I care as long as it utterly destroys Trump along the way.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

CannonFodder posted:

BRB gonna file some candidacy paperwork, maybe I can get Tony Bennett.

Sorry. Looks like Gaga's spoken for too.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Obviously they're just working there to build a secret rape dungeon under the thing.

Trump profits from rape!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Raskolnikov38 posted:

The rest of the campaign can be boring as gently caress as far as I care as long as it utterly destroys Trump along the way.

To be fair the construction company/contractor he hired is the one responsible for the workers not Trump.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Agrajag posted:

To be fair the construction company/contractor he hired is the one responsible for the workers not Trump.

Come on, this is 2015. Anybody as enamored with their own brand like Trump should know it has to be managed all the way down the supply chain.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Agrajag posted:

So we went to the company and we said, look, you can’t have any illegals working on our property. I’m running for office, for Pete’s sake, we can’t have illegals.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Joementum posted:

So we went to the company and we said, look, you can’t have any illegals working on our property. I’m running for office, for Pete’s sake, we can’t have illegals.

Manager: But that would cost a few hundred extra bucks paying them minimum wage.

Trump: Illegals it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Yooge if true.

• Locked thread