Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
so I've currently got a mix of 160/170 gear and the 180 weapon, with an avg item level of 168: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/11373903/

if I want to do Alexander tomorrow (god willing, someone in my FC will have an open group), should I prioritize getting the 170 kilt, or 170 accessories? Figure that after all roulettes today I'm gonna have at least 475 law

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Belzac posted:

Hi guys, I decided to start reading this thread again. What bad opinions have people developed while I was away?

Fracture is good now.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So for Collectibles in DoH classes, should that be my primary way of leveling now?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Fat_Cow posted:

So for Collectibles in DoH classes, should that be my primary way of leveling now?

My strategy is:

Use vendor-bought turnins to get a single class (weaver is best for this) up to 55, at which point you can buy crafting gear from moghome. If you chose weaver for this, make a set of HQ level 53 gear, and only use leves on classes below 53 until they're all 53. For classes above 53, use some combination of making a billion high-demand items like leathers or nuggets, and collectibles. Note that the collectibles change every day, so if the current batch are expensive to craft, just don't work on that class until it's cheaper.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Wonder which patch will have new beastmen dailies. (assuming they're coming, i guess)

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
That Vanu should be doing the dance.

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

Goblin has a goon population of 1.

2!

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

It used to be 3 before I moved to Excalibur.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

I've been messing with this game and currently have my highest at a 39 WHM. It was until now that I ran into a distasteful person in a dungeon. The tank was killing every mob instead of rushing to the end. I can understand why that would be annoying to players but the one dps decided that because of that he no longer wanted part of the dungeon. But said that he won't pull and we had to kick him to get rid of him. Was an odd experience.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

a kitten posted:

Wonder which patch will have new beastmen dailies. (assuming they're coming, i guess)

I'm very interested in Azys Lla beast tribe dailies

Arcland posted:

I've been messing with this game and currently have my highest at a 39 WHM. It was until now that I ran into a distasteful person in a dungeon. The tank was killing every mob instead of rushing to the end. I can understand why that would be annoying to players but the one dps decided that because of that he no longer wanted part of the dungeon. But said that he won't pull and we had to kick him to get rid of him. Was an odd experience.

If you're not at level cap it's like, preferable to clear dungeons because you get experience though. gently caress people at cap doing their roulette, they knew what they signed up for.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Really hoping they add goblin dailies. I've loved those little shits since way back in xi.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Rei_ posted:

I'm very interested in Azys Lla beast tribe dailies

Lamia dailies oh godddddd

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I was thinking making friends with orbs and cubes but okay sure

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

so I've currently got a mix of 160/170 gear and the 180 weapon, with an avg item level of 168: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/11373903/

if I want to do Alexander tomorrow (god willing, someone in my FC will have an open group), should I prioritize getting the 170 kilt, or 170 accessories? Figure that after all roulettes today I'm gonna have at least 475 law

Following off of this, what do I need to be Alexander-ready, besides finishing the final MSQ?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Truga posted:

Dragoon is really just a better lancer. You level both at the same time. Job is just a silly distinction on most classes (arcanist actually has 2 specializations).

e: It's quite a bit better lancer though, so you should unlock it preferably before you continue doing other things, except what the guy below said about chocobro.

I got my chocobro first and then switched to marauder. Now I just gotta figure out how to level up without doing quests...I imagine it's mostly FATEs?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Best control method for this game, you get analog control and keyboard buttons.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

cheetah7071 posted:

My strategy is:

Use vendor-bought turnins to get a single class (weaver is best for this) up to 55, at which point you can buy crafting gear from moghome. If you chose weaver for this, make a set of HQ level 53 gear, and only use leves on classes below 53 until they're all 53. For classes above 53, use some combination of making a billion high-demand items like leathers or nuggets, and collectibles. Note that the collectibles change every day, so if the current batch are expensive to craft, just don't work on that class until it's cheaper.

By Vendor bought turn ins you mean just spamming leves till 55 correct?

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy

Verisimilidude posted:

I got my chocobro first and then switched to marauder. Now I just gotta figure out how to level up without doing quests...I imagine it's mostly FATEs?

What level? Doing dungeons/hunting log if you have a higher level class than you is more fun tbqh

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Fat_Cow posted:

By Vendor bought turn ins you mean just spamming leves till 55 correct?

Yes that is what I meant.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Belzac posted:

Hi guys, I decided to start reading this thread again. What bad opinions have people developed while I was away?

fester is situational

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Huh... does the Dragoon quest guy say something else if you do the first new job quest before finishing the MSQ?

Spoilers if you haven't finished the MSQ, of course.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Belzac posted:

this game is good

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Intoluene posted:

It used to be 3 before I moved to Excalibur.

Traitor to our desolate server! I saw 10 people in Nthan yesterday, the server was hopping!

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Belzac posted:

Among goons: moogles are now evil for some bizarre reason.
Among pubbies: https://twitter.com/ff14forums_txt/status/618140361580347393

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I tried SMN for the first time tonight (aside from a carbuncle CT run back before I finished my SMN quests) and.. I don't think I know what I'm doing with it. How do I play it effectively? I vaguely see what my poo poo would've been in 2.x, but how do I play it effectively at 60?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Meldonox posted:

I tried SMN for the first time tonight (aside from a carbuncle CT run back before I finished my SMN quests) and.. I don't think I know what I'm doing with it. How do I play it effectively? I vaguely see what my poo poo would've been in 2.x, but how do I play it effectively at 60?

There's a giant motherfucker of a SMN guide on Reddit. Here's a really unbelievably lovely tl;dr for you (that doesn't include the opening because it kind of makes my head hurt)

- Keep Shadow Flare up under the boss, use Swiftcast for this when you can
- Use Rouse, Spur and Enkindle on cooldown (these line up nicely due to being 1 2 and 3 minute cooldowns)
- DoTs should have 100% uptime with minimal clipping, cast Bio at about 1-2 seconds left and the other two at 3-4 or so
- Use Tri-disaster while in Dreadwyrm Trance if you can, they're both an every-minute sort of thing so they should line up--along with Contagion if you're using Garuda-egi
- Try not to hardcast DoTs or replace an existing Shadow Flare (even with Swiftcast) while in Dreadwyrm, not being able to Ruin III is apparently a greater opportunity cost than it looks like
- Don't overdo it on the Ruin IIIs because nothing will make you :smith: harder than missing your chance to Deathflare
- If you're even remotely unsure, use Ruin II instead of Ruin; it's cheap enough that being able to move and use oGCDs is worth the cost

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 7, 2015

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

HitmanAndQuitIt posted:

What level? Doing dungeons/hunting log if you have a higher level class than you is more fun tbqh

How/where do you do dungeons? I ask because I wanted to play Rogue, which meant playing another class to 15 first, and now I have no clue where to go to get experience and grinding FATEs has been... well, not fun. :(

Im assuming Im just not high enough level for the first dungeon since everything else gave me tooltip popups?

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Rei_ posted:

If you're not at level cap it's like, preferable to clear dungeons because you get experience though. gently caress people at cap doing their roulette, they knew what they signed up for.

Grinding trash mobs in dungeons really isn't that efficient, as you get a bonus for literally hundreds of times more exp for completing a dungeon than clearing a creep camp.

Considering that dungeons can vary from anywhere between 20 minutes - 60+ minutes, it's a pretty unfun and suboptimal way to run a dungeon for experience. It's much better to clear a dungeon fast multiple times than do a full single run.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Ciaphas posted:

There's a giant motherfucker of a SMN guide on Reddit. Here's a really unbelievably lovely tl;dr for you (that doesn't include the opening because it kind of makes my head hurt)

- Keep Shadow Flare up under the boss, use Swiftcast for this when you can
- Use Rouse, Spur and Enkindle on cooldown (these line up nicely due to being 1 2 and 3 minute cooldowns)
- DoTs should have 100% uptime with minimal clipping, cast Bio at about 1-2 seconds left and the other two at 3-4 or so
- Use Tri-disaster while in Dreadwyrm Trance if you can, they're both an every-minute sort of thing so they should line up--along with Contagion if you're using Garuda-egi
- Try not to hardcast DoTs or replace an existing Shadow Flare (even with Swiftcast) while in Dreadwyrm, not being able to Ruin III is apparently a greater opportunity cost than it looks like
- Don't overdo it on the Ruin IIIs because nothing will make you :smith: harder than missing your chance to Deathflare
- If you're even remotely unsure, use Ruin II instead of Ruin; it's cheap enough that being able to move and use oGCDs is worth the cost

I haven't been to reddit in a while but I forgot the level to which people care about things like MMOs. I found a (now outdated) 62 page essay on Dragoons. What I skimmed through is pretty well written and I gotta admire the writer's passion for this stuff.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Verisimilidude posted:

I haven't been to reddit in a while but I forgot the level to which people care about things like MMOs. I found a (now outdated) 62 page essay on Dragoons. What I skimmed through is pretty well written and I gotta admire the writer's passion for this stuff.

HT —> ID —> Dis —> CT —> Phleb —> TT —> VT -(Life Surge)-> FT —> HT —> TT —> VT —> FT —> Phleb —> ID —> Dis —> CT —> HT —> TT —> VT —> FT —> Phleb —> TT —> VT —> FT —> HT —> ID —> Dis -(Life Surge)-> CT —> Phleb —> TT —> VT —> FT —> HT —> TT —> VT —> FT —> Phleb —> ID —> Dis —> CT —> HT —> TT —> VT —> FT —> Phleb —> TT —> VT -(Life Surge)-> FT —> HT —> ID —> Dis —> CT —> Phleb —> TT —> VT —> FT —> HT —> TT —> VT —> FT —> Phleb —> ID —> Dis —> CT —> HT —> TT —> VT -(Life Surge)-> FT —> Phleb —> TT —> VT —> FT —> HT —> ID —> Dis —> CT —> Phleb —> TT —> VT —> FT —> HT —> TT —> VT —> FT —> Phleb —> ID —> Dis -(Life Surge)-> CT —> HT —> TT —> VT —> FT —> Phleb —> TT —> VT —> FT —> HT —> ID —> Dis —> CT —> Phleb —> TT —> VT —> FT —> HT —> TT —> VT -(Life Surge)-> FT —> Phleb —> ID —> Dis —> CT —> HT —> TT —> VT —> FT —> Phleb —> TT —> VT —> FT —> (repeat)

hey Belzac

quote:

(IV.) Why Fracture is (Almost Always) Terrible

(A.) The Short Version

Fracture is pretty much worthless. It’s weak, it’s TP inefficient, and it wouldn’t fit well into our rotation even if we wanted it to. There is one very limited context in which it provides a DPS gain, but it’s not important enough to merit sacrificing a cross-class abilities slot.

(B.) The Basics

A long time ago, Fracture used to be incorporated into one version of the dragoon single-target rotation. Even then, it was sub-optimal. Over time, Fracture has become relatively worse and worse as the potencies of some of our main abilities (Full Thrust, Chaos Thrust, and Phlebotomize) have been substantially increased over the course of several patches—specifically, 2.1 and 2.45.

Fracture costs a large amount of TP (80), delivers a very small amount of potency compared to most the other abilities in our arsenal (264.5 potency when buffed vs. 331.39 average potency per hit for the single-target rotation), and has no place in the timing of our oh-so-smooth rotation. It’s nearly useless as a skill and should not be regularly used by any dragoon.

That said, there is one rare situation in which Fracture provides a tiny DPS gain.

If your last GCD was Phlebotomize, and if your opponent is just about to become untargetable or out-of-reach as a part of the fight, and if you know that that opponent will remain vulnerable to DoT ticks while they are untargetable, then Fracture is the most powerful attack you can use for that one remaining GCD, by a small margin (264.5 - 243.8 = +20.7 potency when compared to immediately reapplying Phlebotomize). Hardly anything to write home about.

Ultimately, I’d recommend just taking Fracture off of your cross-class abilities bar and moving on.

(C.) Details and Explanations:

➤ Let’s look at the math for why Fracture doesn’t belong in the single-target rotation. Recall that the average potency per hit of the dragoon rotation as a whole is 331.39. Used as a DRG cross-class skill, and buffed by both HT and Dis, Fracture delivers a measly (100 x 1.15 x 1.10) + ((20 x (18 / 3)) x 1.15) = 264.5 potency. This puts it below water, so to speak: breaking from our normal sequence of attacks to use it would lower the average amount of potency we’re getting out of each GCD in our rotation.

➤ Could I use Fracture to fill in a gap in my rotation after walking away from a boss enemy temporarily for mechanics? Interestingly, even this is a bad idea. To see why, let’s compare using Fracture in this situation to simply clipping our entire rotation by one GCD. Thus, we’re comparing…

1-2-3 combo —> HT -(step away from enemy)-> Piercing Talon —> Piercing Talon -(return to enemy)-> Fracture —> Phleb —> 1-2-3 combo

...with…

1-2-3 combo —> HT -(step away from enemy)-> Piercing Talon —> Piercing Talon -(return to enemy)-> early Phleb —> early 1-2-3 combo

...under the assumption that, in either case, neither Disembowel nor Chaos Thrust are falling off while we’re away from the enemy (which is actually a generous assumption in Fracture’s favor).

For the first situation, we gain a single Fracture (+264.5 potency) and the smoothness of the rotation is maintained. In the second situation, a few things happen:
Phlebotomize will slightly clip on its next application, rather than experiencing the usual 2 seconds of downtime per use
The initial hit for your next Chaos Thrust will arrive earlier than normal, which represents a small DPS loss

To compare these two choices thoroughly, we will have to think about the average potency per hit of the regular single-target rotation without including DoT potencies, since both of your DoTs will be almost 100% active in both situations. (Remember: DoTs are complicated.) This comes out to 6527.4 buffed potency / 24 GCDs = 271.98 non-DoT potency per hit. In short, by selecting option #2 and clipping our rotation by one GCD, we return to this 271.98 average non-DoT potency per hit sooner, and get an extra 2 seconds of Phlebotomize uptime, or, a 66.67% chance of earning an extra tick. Our net gain on average can thus be pinned at 271.98 + ((30 x 1.15) x (⅔)) = 294.98 potency. Compared to option #1’s 264.5 potency, we get a surplus of 294.98 - 264.5 = 30.48 potency. Moreover, option #2 will help us to achieve slight clipping and conserve TP. Fracture loses again.

➤ Let’s say that an enemy is about to jump away and become untargetable, but I don’t have Fracture. What should I use instead? It depends on the situation.
If you’re in the middle of a 1-2-3 combo, continue using it.
If the boss is going to become untargetable and invulnerable to DoTs, you’ll want to go with Impulse Drive regardless of whether you just applied Phlebotomize or not.
If, however, the boss is going to become untargetable yet remain vulnerable to DoT ticks, applying a new Phlebotomize will be your strongest individual attack, even if you literally just applied Phlebotomize during the last GCD. (This is where Fracture is technically ideal, but my goal is to discuss alternatives here.)

The math for this last case is pretty straightforward. Let’s say that we re-apply Phlebotomize when the old Phlebotomize has already experienced three ticks (≈ 9 seconds remaining). This means that we’re getting an additional 3 ticks more than we would if we let the old DoT run its course, resulting in a net gain of (170 x 1.15 x 1.10) + ((30 x 3) x 1.15) = 318.55 potency. If you just applied Phlebotomize on your last GCD, you’re still looking at a net gain of (170 x 1.15 x 1.10) + (((30 x 1) x 1.15) x odds of 2.5/3, or 83.33%, of getting an extra tick) = 243.8 potency. Our only other real non-Fracture options, in descending order of potency, are Impulse Drive (180 x 1.15 x 1.10 = 227.7 potency), Heavy Thrust (170 x 1.15 x 1.10 = 215.05 potency), and True Thrust (150 x 1.15 x 1.10 = 189.75 potency). So, counterintuitively, severe DoT clipping can be quite powerful in this situation.

➤ So which enemies are vulnerable to DoT damage when they jump away, and which ones are invulnerable? The following is an imperfect list:
Garuda: Vulnerable to DoT ticks during jumps, except when casting Aerial Blast
Titan: Invulnerable to DoT ticks during all jumps and during Heart phase
Ifrit: Invulnerable to DoT ticks during dashes and during Hellfire cast
Leviathan: Vulnerable to DoT ticks, except during Tidal Wave (instant-wipe attack)
Good King Moggle Mog XII (EX): Invulnerable to DoT ticks after reaching 90% HP
Shiva: Always vulnerable to DoT ticks, even during Diamond Dust
Xande (ST): Invulnerable to DoT ticks during meteor phases
T5: Always vulnerable to DoT ticks, even during Divebombs
T9: Invulnerable to DoT ticks during jumps and during golems phase
T10: Invulnerable to DoT ticks during adds phase
T11: Invulnerable to DoT ticks during adds phase
T12: Invulnerable to DoT ticks during adds phase and during final phase jumps
T13: Invulnerable to DoT ticks during adds phase (after 2nd Gigaflare)

➤ Could Fracture have a place in our single-target rotation at insanely high levels of Skill Speed? Actually, no. Let’s consider this alternative, superfast rotation to see why:

HT —> ID-Dis-CT —> Phleb —> Fracture —> TT-VT-FT —> HT —> TT-VT-FT —> Phleb —> Fracture —> ID-Dis-CT —> HT —> TT-VT-FT —> Phleb —> Fracture —> TT-VT-FT —> (repeat)

Assuming that we can still slightly clip Heavy Thrust and Disembowel at these speeds (this can be achieved at 630 Skill Speed or higher, or a 2.22 second-or-less GCD), here’s what we accomplish:
Fracture fills an extra space within each 20-second period
Phlebotomize has 6 seconds of downtime out of every 60 seconds, as usual
TP burn becomes truly insane
Average potency per hit: ((331.39 x 24) + (264.5 x 3)) / 27 GCDs = 323.96

If we were to execute our normal rotation at crazy levels of Skill Speed, on the other hand…
Chaos Thrust gets clipped by approximately one tick every application
Phlebotomize now slightly clips, rather than experiencing pockets of downtime
TP burn is still somewhat insane, but not as insane as with Fracture
Average potency per hit: (6527.4 potency [for all buffed initial hits across 24 GCDs] + 715.56 potency [from 17.78 ticks of CT] + 613.33 potency [from 17.78 ticks of Phleb]) / 24 GCDs = 327.35 potency per hit

(Obviously, CT and Phlebotomize are not actually applying 17.78 ticks of damage; this would be impossible. Since this is the number of 3-second intervals that will occur across 24 2.22-second GCDs, the values derived from 17.78 are approximations—or, more accurately, they represent the portion of continuous single-target damage that we are assigning to this period of time.)

In short, by incorporating Fracture, we’d be losing 327.35 - 323.96 = 3.39 potency per hit on average, with the added disadvantages of pushing our TP consumption to absurd levels and making it harder to achieve regular HT/Dis clipping.

➤ Closing thoughts on alternative Skill Speed rotations. Keep in mind that the above analysis is theoretical, and designed mainly to illustrate the uselessness of Fracture. As of this patch cycle, we simply aren’t capable of hitting those levels of SS without sacrificing our item level, using bizarrely-melded crafted gear, or receiving Selene’s Fey Light buff.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Man Musk posted:

Grinding trash mobs in dungeons really isn't that efficient, as you get a bonus for literally hundreds of times more exp for completing a dungeon than clearing a creep camp.

Considering that dungeons can vary from anywhere between 20 minutes - 60+ minutes, it's a pretty unfun and suboptimal way to run a dungeon for experience. It's much better to clear a dungeon fast multiple times than do a full single run.

I tried to explain this to some people running Aurum Vale of all places. They wanted to kill everything! I pointed out that dungeons will always have monsters, you should try to speed clear for end bonus exp. Healer went oom on the first boss fight and we all wiped. Then they left.

drat, I wish I had good stories about good things happening.

I stayed and rejected all the new randoms that wanted to abandon the duty in till we cleared it. There it was a happy ending after all.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 7, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
You'd probably have to run like 5 dungeons 'skipping' the optional mobs before the time saved added up to another 'fast' dungeon run so for most people it's better to spend like 5 minutes killing the extra mobs for the marginal xp because you're going to get the end of dungeon xp regardless of killing the optional mobs and it's not like you're going to be able to convert that time saved into another end of dungeon xp chunk.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Sometimes I only need one more dungeon's worth of experience until my next level, and as a dps queue it's nice when some tank doesn't just shrug and say "Just speed run two dungeons instead, it'll be faster!" :shrug:

Especially if you kill the goddamn Marlboro fruits without asking ahead of time.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

You'd probably have to run like 5 dungeons 'skipping' the optional mobs before the time saved added up to another 'fast' dungeon run so for most people it's better to spend like 5 minutes killing the extra mobs for the marginal xp because you're going to get the end of dungeon xp regardless of killing the optional mobs and it's not like you're going to be able to convert that time saved into another end of dungeon xp chunk.

So it takes you 20 mins to run it just going with the dungeon, 25 mins if you hunt all the packs. It seems it would be better just to start another dungeon instead of hunting packs because the dungeons will always have mobs to kill. Don't know how you would be annoyed with that.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Why? It's not very likely I'm going to sit down and run enough dungeons for that time to be converted into another dungeon.

the only time skipping mobs and going for more dungeon completions makes sense is if you have a lot of time where you're running dungeons and can guarantee back-to-back queues.

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 7, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I think you have mistaken what I said, I was refering to groups that want to kill all the monsters in all the nooks and crannies of the dungeon not skipping entire sections. Out of the way groups of monsters that are just there. Like clearing every single pack before the first boss in AK.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 7, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
No, I know what you meant. What I mean is saving myself 5 minutes on a dungeon run doesn't really matter if I'm grinding xp if I don't run enough dungeons for that time to get me another dungeon.

As a rule I don't ask for full runs and I main Warrior and will always do full runs if people ask, but it's just leaving xp on the table for no real reason if you don't full-completion.

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

What's the NPC to get job quests for summoner post-50 again?.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

biopanda posted:

What's the NPC to get job quests for summoner post-50 again?.

Y'mhitra in Old Gridania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

As a rule I don't ask for full runs and I main Warrior and will always do full runs if people ask, but it's just leaving xp on the table for no real reason if you don't full-completion.

Always is a very strong word.

• Locked thread