Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nyxnyxnyx
Jun 24, 2013
I never played GoT1 and only have a rudimentary understanding of the rules. Of the houses previewed so far, Night's Watch seems the most interesting / strong to me. Is that right? How do you gauge power level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

nyxnyxnyx posted:

I never played GoT1 and only have a rudimentary understanding of the rules. Of the houses previewed so far, Night's Watch seems the most interesting / strong to me. Is that right? How do you gauge power level?

Well, it would be easier once we have a sense of what the full card pool will be. I'm not sure what will be good out of the bot. I've only really been analyzing the cards from the prospective of the GenCon tournament which is limited to a single core set, so play sets won't be a thing, which will skew it dramatically. Everyone has something interesting, but it's too hard to tell what will be strong without a full spoiler.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Spoilers for The Wastes of Eriador are up on cardgamedb. Pretty snazzy! With this Merry, maybe I'll finally give a Hobbit deck other then Sam/Tactics Merry/Lore Pippin a go. I'm not sure if I like Rallying Cry, given its cost, but with all these new allies with enter/leave play effects makes it interesting. As for the quest, more wargs :(

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Spoilers for The Wastes of Eriador are up on cardgamedb. Pretty snazzy! With this Merry, maybe I'll finally give a Hobbit deck other then Sam/Tactics Merry/Lore Pippin a go. I'm not sure if I like Rallying Cry, given its cost, but with all these new allies with enter/leave play effects makes it interesting. As for the quest, more wargs :(

There's a tactics card missing at the moment. People on the FFG forums who claim to have gotten their cards already say its a 2 cost, non-restricted attachment that can be exhausted to cancel a point of damage. That's IIRC

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Epi Lepi posted:

There's a tactics card missing at the moment. People on the FFG forums who claim to have gotten their cards already say its a 2 cost, non-restricted attachment that can be exhausted to cancel a point of damage. That's IIRC

Ah, I thought it was weird that there was only one Tactics card. Pretty neat!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
A Game of Thrones LCG tutorial has been posted, and has the same voice actor as the Star Wars one, though he's not quite as enthusiastic in this one. Guess he was more of a Star Wars fan.

Having not played the game, or seen it played, it's nice to see how it works mechanically.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So since Games Workshop seems like it is now showing (more blatant) signs of suicide, what will happen to Conquest (and probably a lot of the FFG line) if they go down?

This looks rad. It's kinda funny how much the "combat resolution" is so similar across a lot of the LCGs, like Star Wars and Conquest. I was also worried that 15 power tokens would take a long time to get to, but it looks like games would last like 6-7 rounds or so unless there are shenanigans going on.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

GW is in no danger of going under any time soon :shrug: The vast majority of their money doesn't come from Fantasy.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

GrandpaPants posted:

This looks rad. It's kinda funny how much the "combat resolution" is so similar across a lot of the LCGs, like Star Wars and Conquest. I was also worried that 15 power tokens would take a long time to get to, but it looks like games would last like 6-7 rounds or so unless there are shenanigans going on.

They don't even usually last that long, things can snowball pretty quickly.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

GrandpaPants posted:

So since Games Workshop seems like it is now showing (more blatant) signs of suicide, what will happen to Conquest (and probably a lot of the FFG line) if they go down?

FFG almost certainly have a contract in place for the use of the IP in Conquest. If GW were to go under, their assets (like Warhammer) would be sold to pay their debts. This shouldn't have any impact on contracts currently in place to use said IP. It could obviously affect future uses of the IP, but Conquest is likely safe.

That said I think we're a few years off GW actually being in a position where it could go under. The downill slide is going to take a while.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Is the deck size known for GoT 2e? I assume 60 cards like the first edition, but haven't seen anything to confirm it anywhere.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Karnegal posted:

If GW were to go under, their assets (like Warhammer) would be sold to pay their debts.

GW is really weird for a corporation because they have no debt.

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots
This GoT game looks pretty great. Only seen the tutorial video and read over some spoilers, but my partner and I are psyched to play it. I just pre-ordered a copy from CSI, and might get a second if it's needed. The mechanics and the flavor seems spot on.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

plester1 posted:

GW is really weird for a corporation because they have no debt.

Well they would presumably accrue some if they were to collapse.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

jsr v2.0 posted:

This GoT game looks pretty great. Only seen the tutorial video and read over some spoilers, but my partner and I are psyched to play it. I just pre-ordered a copy from CSI, and might get a second if it's needed. The mechanics and the flavor seems spot on.

When you seek revenge an LCG, be prepared to dig two graves buy three copies.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

I might get into GoT at a casual level and just do -gasp- a single core set

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Greyjoy preview is up, and it seems like this is very much my style. I definitely don't see a whole lot of intrigue on those cards, though.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

GrandpaPants posted:

Greyjoy preview is up, and it seems like this is very much my style. I definitely don't see a whole lot of intrigue on those cards, though.

Greyjoy do not sow (discord).

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

GrandpaPants posted:

With the changes to the rules for attachments, Little Bird seems like it will be a solid choice for a number of decks.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Is that going to be one of the one offs? Seems good enough to be

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

MisterShine posted:

Is that going to be one of the one offs? Seems good enough to be

I'm sure someone can correct me, but I don't think neutrals have ever been 1x in any Core set.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Do we know if the 'duplicate' rule's gone? Because I really hope it is.

tomdidiot
Apr 23, 2014

Stupid Grognard

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

The dupe real is great. I doubt they'll get rid of it. It actually allows you to run multiples of uniques without the second draw being dead (as long as the character is still alive on the board)

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

It is not gone, and you can put out dupes for free in setup now.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Saving a character with a dupe can no longer be canceled, either, which massively increases their usefulness.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Dupes are awesome. The new take on attachments is awesome. The templating is awesome. The revised rules and mechanics are awesome.

This game may replace A:NR for me (it won't replace A:NR for me)

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is there a good article about running a Sarumany-doomed deck?

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jul 7, 2015

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Just a heads up: the kickstarter for Shadowfist: Year of the Goat is due to start in a couple of weeks. It's the 20th anniversary edition, too.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Jedit posted:

Just a heads up: the kickstarter for Shadowfist: Year of the Goat is due to start in a couple of weeks. It's the 20th anniversary edition, too.

Man, I still haven't gotten my copy of Shadowfist onto the table. Doomtown took it's spot in my time. I gotta get on that.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
I wish FFG would put the 'Nid expansion on the drat boat instead of showing all these previews of cards we'll get in nine months.

edit: Gorzod is amazing though, holy poo poo.

Devlan Mud fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 7, 2015

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Deadly Salvage preview for Conquest, for those who are lazy.

Gorzod looks fun as poo poo, though. Does he still get his cost reduction bonus if he has a Kustomization Station out?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Devlan Mud posted:

I wish FFG would put the 'Nid expansion on the drat boat instead of showing all these previews of cards we'll get in nine months.

It's at the printer according to their website.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

GrandpaPants posted:

Deadly Salvage preview for Conquest, for those who are lazy.

Gorzod looks fun as poo poo, though. Does he still get his cost reduction bonus if he has a Kustomization Station out?

I believe so; a unit isn't under your control until it's in play, so it wouldn't have the icon change until after deployment.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Devlan Mud posted:

Is he actually good yet, or does he need more vehicles? I mean, at some point he'll probably be solid, but I don't know if that time is now.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Karnegal posted:

Is he actually good yet, or does he need more vehicles? I mean, at some point he'll probably be solid, but I don't know if that time is now.

Land Raider, Leman Russ, Dreadnought, Valkyrie, Chimera. He's good enough I think.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

S.J. posted:

Land Raider, Leman Russ, Dreadnought, Valkyrie, Chimera. He's good enough I think.

He can't take Dread or Russ in his deck though.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

S.J. posted:

It's really top heavy though. I'd think they need more low cost vehicles to round out the curve. Obviously, you can toss in normal orcs, but he really seems like you want to build to vehicles.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Karnegal posted:

It's really top heavy though. I'd think they need more low cost vehicles to round out the curve. Obviously, you can toss in normal orcs, but he really seems like you want to build to vehicles.

He only gets most of his benefits from out of faction vehicles, so regular orks are just fine.

Devlan Mud posted:

He can't take Dread or Russ in his deck though.

Oh, right. Eh, no big deal. Land Raider is sexy enough.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Karnegal posted:

Non-loyal IG vehicles:
Assault Valkyrie
Mordian Hellhound
Shrieking Basilisk
Steel Legion Chimera

Assault Valkyrie, Hellhound and Chimera are super solid at -1 cost.

Non-loyal SM vehicles:
Land Raider
Raven Guard Speeder
Space Wolves Predator

Less solid than the IG vehicles, but Raven Guard Speeder would be a 3/3, flying with 2 command for 3, which is a pretty great deal. The Predator is a solid fatty, but it still costs 6, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

You have to be careful about the kustom field generator as it won't be able to interact with your allied vehicles unless you get that unique support out, too.