Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I lived in Massachusetts for a year, so it'll be cool to see it post apocalyptic. Hopefully they have Springfield, Amherst and Northampton in the game in some fashion. Northampton could be home to a lesbian raider camp who only offer quests to female characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I lived in Massachusetts for a year, so it'll be cool to see it post apocalyptic. Hopefully they have Springfield, Amherst and Northampton in the game in some fashion. Northampton could be home to a lesbian raider camp who only offer quests to female characters.

I would love this purely because of dumb outrage ngl

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Pioneer Valley area is too far away from Boston for the base game, but you never know what they're going to do for DLC.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Bicyclops posted:

The Pioneer Valley area is too far away from Boston for the base game, but you never know what they're going to do for DLC.

That doesn't sound like a big obstacle, Fallout 3 had numerous states as reachable areas in the main map even though the distances were surely off. They've always kind of condensed world areas in the Fallout games, so I wouldn't be surprised if you have pretty much the whole of MA to wander, even if it's kind of squished together.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Magmarashi posted:

nothing gets more 'traditional' than styling it after an early browning water-cooled heavy machine gun

edit: or a later-model Maxim

Okay let rephrase, more traditional rifle designs.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Back Hack posted:

That is one of the most derp-est and ugliest "automatic rifles" I have ever seen. I hope they have more traditional designs available, because I wouldn't touch that thing with a ten foot pole. :psyduck:

Agreed. Everything else looks cool and nice. But God drat that assault rifle looks terrible. It looks like it should be wheeled in and cut down confederate soldiers.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

That doesn't sound like a big obstacle, Fallout 3 had numerous states as reachable areas in the main map even though the distances were surely off. They've always kind of condensed world areas in the Fallout games, so I wouldn't be surprised if you have pretty much the whole of MA to wander, even if it's kind of squished together.

You mean Maryland and Virginia? They're right there next to DC irl. It's reasonably geographically faithful throughout.

The scale is off yeah, the area represented in fo3 would be about a half hour drive from one end to the other.

Fooz fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 7, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

frajaq posted:

Have to say I'm diggin the new look of the 10mm pistol

and this just looks hilarious

"It shoots through schools"

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Check it out guys, they put the drum mag (i think that's what it's called, correct me gun nerds) further back than in Fallout 3! Crazy poo poo!

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

sout posted:

Check it out guys, they put the drum mag (i think that's what it's called, correct me gun nerds) further back than in Fallout 3! Crazy poo poo!

It's actually called a rooty-tooty tin of more-shooty, you plebeian cave-baby

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Broose posted:

Agreed. Everything else looks cool and nice. But God drat that assault rifle looks terrible. It looks like it should be wheeled in and cut down confederate soldiers.

I'm now going to pretend that the raiders are all Confederate hold outs and I've been sent to the future to rid this great nation of the traitors.

sout posted:

...where is the trigger.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

sout posted:

Where'd the trigger go? Do you stick your finger in the drum?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm now going to pretend that the raiders are all Confederate hold outs and I've been sent to the future to rid this great nation of the traitors.

...where is the trigger.

The drum is loaded into the side, so it is blocking view of the trigger. The variants without the drum mag show it is loaded from the side.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

...where is the trigger.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Nice one Todd "Hello my name is Todd Howard" Howard.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

sout posted:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Nice one Todd "Hello my name is Todd Howard" Howard.

Gentlemen, I come to you today to tell you that, with mine own eyes, I have witnessed T. Howard turning into a serpent and slithering into a smoldering hole in the ground--but not before transmuting a copy of Morrowind GOTYE into a scratched PS3 Oblivion disc.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

FronzelNeekburm posted:

What's wrong with bat-blacking?! We like it very much!

...Prince of Space reference outta nowhere!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Funky Valentine posted:

...where is the trigger.

Pressure sensitive grip, obv

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Magmarashi posted:

The drum is loaded into the side, so it is blocking view of the trigger. The variants without the drum mag show it is loaded from the side.

I'm no tfr guy, but wouldn't that unbalance the heck out of the gun? The clip wouldn't be so bad, but that drum probably weighs a few pounds.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Nevets posted:

I'm no tfr guy, but wouldn't that unbalance the heck out of the gun? That drum probably weighs a few pounds.

I imagine it would, yes. Which isn't as much of an issue for a gun that should clearly be propped up on legs, but HMGs and LMGs are loving heavy to begin with.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Nevets posted:

I'm no tfr guy, but wouldn't that unbalance the heck out of the gun? The clip wouldn't be so bad, but that drum probably weighs a few pounds.

Just stick a bayonet on it.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Nevets posted:

Probably because they want to use the same animations for the assault rifle and pipe rifles (which have the same magazine setup).

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

art

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Nevets posted:

It would. A fully loaded Beta C-Mag in 5.56mm weighs about 4.6 pounds. For comparison, an empty M4 Carbine weighs 6.4 pounds. Assuming that drum holds the same weight, that's hanging almost an entire unloaded carbine off the left side.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

It would. A fully loaded Beta C-Mag in 5.56mm weighs about 4.6 pounds. For comparison, an empty M4 Carbine weighs 6.4 pounds. Assuming that drum holds the same weight, that's hanging almost an entire unloaded carbine off the left side.
Just shoot it sideways

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Maybe it's like The Boss's gun and the drum is shaped like an infinity symbol.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Nevets posted:

Yes, a drum magazine off to the side like that probably would. As a rule of thumb, drum magazine by nature have a much higher chance of jamming or feeding a round wrong into a gun compared to box magazines because drum mags are mechanically more complex and require a higher degree of maintenance; which is why most machine guns or fire support weapons are belt fed, the receptacle that holds the ammo (whether it's a box, drum, or a bag) is just container with no parts. Furthermore...:goonsay:

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 7, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Hihohe posted:

SHUT UP and take some weapons in your face.
http://imgur.com/a/Y4Tga?gallery

Can't wait to be Wasteland Charlie Kelly with my Rat Stick!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The bat covered in straight razors should be a TF2 weapon.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
As a huge sucker who makes poor spending decisions, this makes me incredibly happy: http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/07/07/comic-con-funko-reveals-fallout-vinyl-toys

My wife and I buy a couple of these a month from various sources. They currently decorate our mantle because we are 30 year old children.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
The gun without a trigger is actually voice activated.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

especially when the preceding game

Fallout 3: developed by Bethesda
New Vegas: developed by Obsidian
Fallout 4: developed by Bethesda

If you don't know the difference, read up on these two companies.

I just want to make sure that people in this thread understand this completely, because based on the conversation some of us are having, they are either glossing over this fact obtusely or honestly are not aware that what Bethesda does for this game is loosely dependent on what Obsidian did for NV.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Suave Fedora posted:

Fallout 3: developed by Bethesda
New Vegas: developed by Obsidian
Fallout 4: developed by Bethesda

If you don't know the difference, read up on these two companies.

I just want to make sure that people in this thread understand this completely, because based on the conversation some of us are having, they are either glossing over this fact obtusely or honestly are not aware that what Bethesda does for this game is loosely dependent on what Obsidian did for NV.

It, much like the '1950's values!' point, is brought up at least twice for every page this discussion continues on

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

:lol: Like anybody posting in this thread actually doesn't know that Obsidian developed New Vegas.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Bicyclops posted:

:lol: Like anybody posting in this thread actually doesn't know that Obsidian developed New Vegas.

At least we won't have to suffer through another Obsidian Fallout again.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

JackBadass posted:

At least we won't have to suffer through another Obsidian Fallout again.

They eventually got it working!

They even did re-balancing patches as well, that's more than you can say about Beth on FO3

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Yeah New Vegas works fine now. But that period when I couldn't enter the strip without it crashing because I killed that one guy was pretty irritating.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Magmarashi posted:

They eventually got it working!

They even did re-balancing patches as well, that's more than you can say about Beth on FO3
You are speaking to someone who thinks people will keep the same culture for hundreds of years and probably unironically thinks Rome is still full of legionaries, I'm not sure bugs are high on the list of priorities of concern to him considering Fallout 3's last build is buggier than New Vegas' first patch

e: also, art

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 7, 2015

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Broose posted:

Agreed. Everything else looks cool and nice. But God drat that assault rifle looks terrible. It looks like it should be wheeled in and cut down Kaiser's soldiers.

fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

I think it looks neato.

• Locked thread