Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Prester John posted:

I'm a self aware schizophrenic raised in a doomsday cult. So yeah, I'm a little batty. But I also know exactly what I am talking about in this situation. I have an unusual insight into the particulars of the OP's situation

I seldom pop into E/N but I've had a number of very popular threads in D&D over the years about my experiences with homelessness/ schizophrenia/being educated in a cult school. It may be an odd specialty but I know crazy people and abusers all too well, and that is why I posted what I did. OP needs to get real about his situation for his kids sake.

This explains a lot. Ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
OP I think you're gonna have to get "TRUST NO BITCH" tattooed on your face before some of these people accept that your actions are exactly what they should be. And your thoughts are normal. Your brain is used to having her around and on your 'side.' Our brains miss poo poo like that when it happens for a long time then stops.

Also, person who was in cult school and honeless and married a person with NPD, shut up. Calling him sweetie is weird and creepy and condescending, and all of your experiences do not give you the knowledge needed to diagnose someone over the internet, secondhand. If it did, I'd be able to spot borderline people a mile away. Sometimes I hear of someone and think "hmmn I wonder if they're borderline?" And move on, unless it's prudent to advise someone involved to get therapy.

Therapy is key because it doesn't matter what her deal is, she's unstable, unpredictable, and petty right now. He needs to learn how to best cope with those actions, whatever is causing them.

Also, diagnosing personality disorders is often ridiculously hard for a professional. There's a reason they're grouped into clusters. You are not a professional. Selfish, immature peopke who are not coping well also do the things she's doing, but instead of being cold, calculating, and ruthless, they're over-emotional and pretty consistently unhappy with their own actions because those actions caused themselves or others to feel pain. We don't know what's going on inside her head.

I've been chatting with OP in PMs, he knows he can't trust her. He just desperately wishes he could. Which is nornal. Chill.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

r00tn00b posted:

I just dropped my kids off, the way they handle this situation infuriates me. We are not greeted my someone to take the kids, they are sent up to the door to be let in by someone who just slightly cracks the door and goes away. they let themselves in and then it is immediately bolted behind the kids. I am to leave their belongings on the walk and then to leave. The situation causes so much anxiety in my older son that as we got closer and close to the house he got more and more upset and actually got a headache from this. I expressed this concern to her step dad who brushed it off and said it was my fault. I am treated like a monster by these people and its demeaning to me and it is borderline child abuse to the kids to be treated this way. I wish i had the money to take this to court right now but I don't and I'm still a ways off. I am just sitting here shaking from how upset it makes me, stomach turning and an uneasy feeling.

tl;dr kid exchanges treated like hostage situation. Very upsetting to some involved.

Your wife is deliberately abusing and tormenting the kids before and after all your visits. This serves to both make them subconsciously associate your visits with fear, (making it easier to manipulate them into speaking against you when the time comes) and more importantly it may goad you into making a mistake. She is using your parental protection instincts against you. this is a calculated ploy, and her hosed up family is cooperating. The dropoff was designed specifically to hurt you as much as possible. Stress you as much as possible, make you lose sleep so that you are more prone to crossing a line, making a mistake.

This is what you are dealing with. This is what you have always been dealing with. You got a lawyer, awesome. Perfect thing to do. Now your next most important thing to do is get a counselor/therapist.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know if Prester John is projecting paranoia or not, talking about the narcissistic personality. What I do know is that your wife is a giant rear end in a top hat, and people don't turn into giant assholes over night for no reason. So either your wife has always been obviously a giant rear end in a top hat and you haven't noticed, or your wife has always been a creepy secret giant rear end in a top hat like what Prester John is describing.

Either way, continuing to hold on to the image of the "old her" is extremely damaging and dangerous, and you need to stop it. I'm not saying stop missing her or even saying stop loving her. I know you guys have years under your belt, and we can't always control our emotions. We can, however, control how we intellectually interpret empirical evidence. The empirical evidence in this case is that your wife is, to reiterate, a GIANT rear end in a top hat and always has been (unless you are leaving out some crucial traumatic turning point that explains a sudden personality change) and she cannot be trusted to uphold a loving relationship or maintain an emotionally safe environment for your children.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Darth123123 posted:

This sweetie poo poo is v creepy

I don't think creepy is the right word. I find it incredibly condescending (and annoying), but not really "creepy".

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Prester John posted:

I'm a self aware schizophrenic ...I've had a number of very popular threads in D&D over the years about my experiences with homelessness/ schizophrenia/being educated in a cult school.

I think this says more about d and d than anything else.

But seriously, you are seeing what you want to see, there's absolutely no way you can offer such certain advice and diagnose someone as a narcissist by reading a couple hundred words filtered through someone going through a traumatic life event.

Prester John posted:

The woman you fell in love with never existed. the woman you fell in love with was a consciously created mask, tailored specifically to appeal to you once she identified you as a person she could gain control of. I know how very very much reading this hurts, and how much pain is going to be involved when you start to come to grips with this, but it is the truth. The whirlwind romance, the intense and constant sex in the early days, the intimate way she just "got" you was all just a lie to lure you into her control. It was never real. Nothing about here is real, and nothing about her has ever been real. She is a predator and you have been her prey since the first time she batted her eyes at you.

This situation is completely unfair and you are going to spend a bunch of time doubting your grip on reality as you work through this. Truth is though, she has spent years purposefully confusing your grip on reality, and the sooner you start working through that, the better for your kids.

the abusive neglect of your children is nothing new and a part of knows it, no matter how deeply in denial you are.

As harsh as that talk is sweetie, I really do care. Please, please, get a counselor/therapist asap.

I mean this is just crazy talk right here. Hell there's a chance you are correct but the way you sound so certain and phrase things just is way off.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

If you click the source post of the crazy Christmas story Prestor John for some reason decided to randomly post in a thread that had nothing to do with them, you will see that Prestor John has recently had a big epiphany about their hosed up life and upbringing and has also discovered NPD. Now they are determined to see their epiphany reflected everywhere because it is such a huge and important thing for them that it must be everywhere and they are seeing it in everything they come across.

It's a pretty common thing, even in people who don't say they have "bipolar II schizoaffective" which is 1) not a real diagnosis and 2) not schizophrenia. Unless you are saying you've been diagnosed with both bipolar II and schizoaffective disorder, which is 1) still distinct from having schizophrenia and 2) a sign of serious diagnostic confusion or different people diagnosing you over time as they are almost always exclusive to each other but have some similar symptoms so it can take awhile to nail down a diagnosis. There IS a subset of schizoaffective disorder which is referred to as "schizoaffective, bipolar type" where the mood disorder is characterised by symptoms of mania, but bipolar II and the schizoaffective disorder with a bipolar subset are extremely different. The type of mania present in bipolar II is at the opposite end of the mania spectrum from that in schizoaffective disorder. They have different characteristics, the details of which are pretty lost on a layperson. Schizoaffective disorder is seeing big changes these days anyway because it has been wildly over diagnosed, so it's a very controversial diagnosis. We're finding that most people who are diagnosed with the bipolar subset are actually people with bipolar whose mania can be atypical. Also a huge problem with the diagnosis is that it isn't stable over time and it is vague enough that it allows clinicians to ignore many other common causes of brief periods of psychosis. Most people diagnosed as schizoaffective will later be diagnosed with something else instead.

Regardless, there is no such thing as an official diagnosis of "bipolar II schizoaffective". It's like saying your official diagnosis is "ColdFlu". Bipolar, schizophrenia, and schizoaffective disorder are three distinct diagnoses, not interchangeable, and only one of them makes you "a schizophrenic". Having schizoaffective disorder is not the same as being "a schizophrenic". From your posts youseem to base a huge part of your identity on having schizophrenia, but your stated diagnosis (even ignoring that it is nonsensical) is not the same as schizophrenia. If you are (either) bipolar II or schizoaffective, you are not a "diagnosed schizophrenic".

Your blatant confusion about psychiatry and your own stated mental illness really doesn't speak to you being knowledgeable enough to start discussing clinical narcissism with someone online and making claims of abuse on the basis of your presumption. You don't even understand the mental illness you say you have, so you really have no business playing a doctor, especially when it leads you to accuse his wife of stuff that if he acts on your claims, could have drastic consequences for him, his wife, his children, and his custody battle. Even your depiction of clinical narcissism is more of a caricature than anything, and the thread you linked shows that you apply your family dynamics and what you know of clinical narcissism to a variety of situations now upon having discovering it.

Normally I just ignore it when people say nonsense or contradictory psychiatric crap online. Pointing it out usually isn't a good idea since people inevitably double down, find excuses for the original nonsense and carry on, mixing the crap with their increased knowledge of the subject. It just teaches people to be better at saying nonsense psychiatric crap. But this case you're making definitive, concrete statements of "fact" to someone in a vulnerable emotional place that are toxic and could lead to serious, real life consequences for him and people around him.

I've seen it countless times in working with someone trying to process a loss or betrayal or trauma of some kind. They are undergoing huge emotional turmoil, swinging from different emotions and thoughts and questions. Then some chucklefuck stirs the pot by saying "I bet X and Y also happened too" or by stating some wild assumption as hard fact. Suddenly those suspicions and doubts become consuming, "evidence" is found or suddenly remembered, events and facts are reinterpreted to fit with this new theory, and everyone is MORE miserable for it. It's one of the dangers of group therapy and why group therapy needs to be overseen and led by an extremely skilled professional or it can make people worse. It is no coincidence that a "breakthrough" in group therapy sets off a chain reaction of "breakthroughs" within the group and a relapse (or bad discovery etc) leads to a similar chain of relapses/discoveries.

Sort out your own poo poo first before dragging it into others' lives. Figure out your own mental illness before looking for it in strangers. Stop chasing the reflection of your mother around every corner.

If you truly were "self-aware", you would recognise that because of your particular mental illness and background with which you're currently dealing, it is impossible for you to come to a rational analysis or offer reasonable advice in certain situations. Your insistence that you can provide a rational, objective analysis of things that are still obviously loving with you to your core is the complete opposite of demonstrating self-awareness.

OP, you have a lawyer and therapist. Just listen to them.

Prester John posted:

Your wife is deliberately abusing and tormenting the kids before and after all your visits.

Just stop. Paranoid speculation like this can seriously gently caress up a situation that is hosed up enough already.

Also since you say you're possibly autistic, here is a tip for social interaction: don't repeatedly call dudes you don't know "sweetie". It is condescending and weird.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
I deeply regret that I have drawn so much attention to myself in this thread. If there were not children involved I would not have spoken up. That is to say, if I had read the OP's posts and it was just him in the situation, I would have wished him well and hoped for the best on his recovery. But in this specific situation there are children involved, and I believe these children are in a very dangerous situation. That is why I have spoken up.

Let me clarify a few things that are mistaken in the wall of text dissecting me. My Diagnosis is "Bi-Polar Type II(2) Schizoaffective disorder".

Bipolar Type II is a real condition.

Wikipedia posted:

Bipolar II disorder (BP-II; pronounced "type two bipolar disorder") is a bipolar spectrum disorder (see also Bipolar disorder) characterized by at least one episode of hypomania and at least one episode of major depression.[1][2] Diagnosis for bipolar II disorder requires that the individual must never have experienced a full manic episode (unless it was caused by an antidepressant medication;[3] otherwise one manic episode meets the criteria for bipolar I disorder).[2] Symptoms of mania and hypomania are similar, though mania is more severe and may precipitate psychosis.[1] The hypomanic episodes associated with bipolar II disorder must last for at least four days.[2][4] Commonly, depressive episodes are more frequent and more intense than hypomanic episodes.[2][5] Additionally, when compared to bipolar I disorder, type II presents more frequent depressive episodes and shorter intervals of well-being.[1][2] The course of bipolar II disorder is more chronic and consists of more frequent cycling than the course of bipolar I disorder.[1][6] Finally, bipolar II is associated with a greater risk of suicidal thoughts and behaviors than bipolar I or unipolar depression.[1][6] Although bipolar II is commonly perceived to be a milder form of Type I, this is not the case. Types I and II present equally severe burdens.

Schizoaffective is a real disorder, with two subttypes, Depressive and Bipolar.

Wikipedia posted:

Schizoaffective disorder (abbreviated as SZA or SAD[note 1]) is a mental disorder characterized by abnormal thought processes and deregulated emotions.[1][2] The diagnosis is made when the patient has features of both schizophrenia and a mood disorder—either bipolar disorder or depression—but does not strictly meet diagnostic criteria for either alone.[1][2] The bipolar type is distinguished by symptoms of mania, hypomania, or mixed episode; the depressive type by symptoms of depression only.[1][2] Common symptoms of the disorder include hallucinations, paranoid delusions, and disorganized speech and thinking.[3] The onset of symptoms usually begins in young adulthood, currently with an uncertain lifetime prevalence because the disorder was redefined, but DSM-IV prevalence estimates were less than 1 percent of the population, in the range of 0.5 to 0.8 percent.[4] Diagnosis is based on observed behavior and the patient's reported experiences.

Schizoaffective disorder is defined by mood disorder-free psychosis in the context of a long-term psychotic and mood disorder.[2] Psychosis must meet criterion A for schizophrenia which may include delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech, thinking or behavior and negative symptoms.

In DSM-5 and ICD-9 (which is being revised to ICD-10, to be published in 2015), schizoaffective disorder is in the same diagnostic class as schizophrenia

I have literally never heard anyone try and argue that a person with Schizoaffective disorder is not schizophrenic. Additionally, my diagnosis is correctly stated as "Bipolar Type II Schizoaffective" which is a real diagnosis. I have Schizoaffective disorder (which is on the schizophrenic spectrum), my subtype of Schizoaffective is Bipolar, and my Bipolar is type II. I also correctly stated that I am a diagnosed schizophrenic because I do in fact have a formal diagnosis, and Schizoaffective is a form of Schizophrenia.

Next point. Yes, it is true I have recently come to a revelation about my Mother, but this is not my first rodeo with a full blown Narcissist. I was raised in a very hardcore fundamentalist cult and spent my 20's around a variety of proto cults. I have encountered Narcissists a number of times and understand them quite well, unfortunately. Realizing that my Mother was a Narcissist was painful, but this is not the first time I have worked through such a revelation. (It is just the most painful because she is my Mother) I understand what you are saying, especially considering the timing. But I am not in this case projecting my own issues.

Again, I would never speak up publicly in such a manner if there were not children involved in the situation. As much as this statement will sound like a deluded lie, I did not desire to attract attention to myself here. I appreciate how my statements appear, I really do. But to me there are three children involved in a very dangerous situation- a generational cycle of abuse that the OP may be able to get his children away from, but in order to do that he really does need to appreciate what he is dealing with.

The reason for my certainty is a bit hard to explain, and will probably sound deluded, I understand that. That said, this is the truth of why I am so certain. It really is too much to ask considering its length, but if you click on the OP of the thread I linked you would find very detailed descriptions of how the schizophrenic portions of my mind work. Specifically, how my pattern recognition functions. Included in that thread as well is a very detailed framework describing the behaviors of a variety of extremists that was designed by using the unusual pattern recognition I possess. I state all that gobbedelygook to state this next. I have unusually good pattern recognition as a result of how my mind works, and I am recognizing some very distinct patterns here in the OP. Not in the specifics per-se (although those are very important), but in how the OP constructs his writing. (How the OP constructs his thoughts) It would take an extremely long explanation, but the patterns of thought the OP is engaging in are highly consistent with a victim of Narcissistic abuse going through the rejection phase. Again, it would take an absurdly long explanation of how I am recognizing this, so instead I'll try and demonstrate.

(For the record, as much as this is going to sound like a lie, I do not want to do this. But in the specifics of this case there is not time for the OP to go through the normal years long process of piecing this all together, not while the fate of his children is in jeopardy. In my opinion the OP needs to get his children away from her because otherwise those children face the full brunt of her abuse without the OP around to blunt its effects.)

OP, here is what I am think I am recognizing as the situation here. If I am wrong, just post and say so and I will issue a full apology and gently caress off to never be heard from in this thread again.

If I had to guess though OP, here is roughly your situation. You met your wife and had an unusually fast romance, you swept each other off your feet. You two totally clicked, the romance progressed quickly. there was likely a phase of intense sexual attraction between you two and it would have seemed as if she just could not get enough. You would have felt like she just "got" you in a deep and profound way, and you fell madly in love. Then at some point her mask started to slip every so often and she slowly introduced you to her real self, or what you call "her crazy". She would switch between raging and crying at times with seeming little provocation, issuing forth rage and abusive statements that stunned you. Afterwards she would be very vulnerable and you would comfort her and things would smooth over. You would feel like her knight in shining armor, and you would feel like you were a strong man in a relationship with a beautiful but troubled soul. It would feel sort of ennobling at first, when you bore the pain of her private tantrums.

Over time though her freakouts would increase in frequency and the beautiful soul you loved would sip away. You would feel guilty over this and likely blamed yourself, you likely felt as though it was in some way your fault, and that you were just not trying hard enough or doing the right thing to help your troubled soulmate become the wonderful person you love so much. In public things were always fine and she was always that doting wonderful amazing woman you were so lucky to marry, but in private you saw less and less of that woman and more and more of her emotional episodes. There have probably been periods where that wonderful woman came back, around the time when your first child was born, and then perhaps for a long period thereafter.

For the past few years though things have been almost exclusively bad, and you have barely seen that wonderful woman in private. In public at times sure, but not really anymore in private. You have been soaking up the brunt of her emotional outbursts and doing your best to hide them from your children for some time now. It is also very likely that one of your children, likely the most sensitive one, seems to be singled out for special harassment from her. At this point, she has lost interest in you, (Either she has a target with more incomes or you have gotten too rebellious to be as easily controlled as you once were) and no longer desires to even exploit you for room and board, so she is leaving. She almost certainly has someone lined up to take your place.

At this point you have become the scapegoat. She has spread a massive whisper campaign against you to everyone she knows. You probably still have no idea what she has accused you of, but she likely accused you of it while having a tearful meltdown in front of sympathetic ears. Going forwards every action you take or do not take will be criticized. She will find every subtle way to slight you and attack you that she can think of. The reason you do not understand why things went from seemingly okay to her dumping your rear end in a hotel in only a couple days with not apparent trigger is because there was no trigger for it. This was a plan, and she merely acted the part she needed to play to keep you off your balance until she was ready to strike.

She wants to enjoy watching you writhe and suffer as she drags the divorce out and makes it as painful as possible. Her only real interest in the children is as a status symbol/a toll to hurt you with. If she got full custody of them she would abandon them the first chance she got, possibly even just up and dumping them on you one day. While they were in her custody though, without you around to bear the brunt of her "crazy"...., well I think you can imagine how that should not be permitted to happen if at all possible.

Again OP, if you say I am wrong on this and have no idea what I am talking about I will apologize and gently caress off forever. Hell, I'll stay out of E/N for 1 year :toxx:

One final thing before I go though, here is some decent advice. You need to arrange with your lawyer to "keep book" on your wife. What I mean is every single interaction you have with her or with your children, you write a detailed description of the moment it is done. No matter how inconsequential it is, just keep an honest, accurate, detailed, time-stamped account of every interaction you have with her. When your children visit you, document not only any signs of abuse, but also write up a description of what the visit entailed. If you went and got ice cream during the visit for example, mention that. If you saw a movie, mention that and the name of the movie. Try not to editorialize, you want to keep your descriptions to just the events as they played out. Once a week you need to gather up all these written accounts and take them to your layer. (Handwritten will be okay, but typing them up would be three times better) Have him witness you sign them, then leave them in your lawyers care. Ask your lawyer to keep a detailed logbook of the time and date of every weekly deposit you make.

Also, if you see something during a visit and learn of something that makes you concerned for your children's safety, contact your lawyer about that, explain the situation, and ask his advice. Do whatever he says. Ask your lawyer to make a note of the conversation mentioning its time, date, and contents. You should also write down the details of your contact with the lawyer, both of these written accounts go into the file right next to each other. (Reason being, when you eventually present this file to a judge he will be looking for ways to determine your authenticity in your written accounts. A side by side comparison over an incident will give the judge a good basis for comparison, as well as making you look like a very diligent and engaged Father for seeking out *AND ESPECIALLY FOLLOWING* Legal advice for such a sensitive situation.) Tell no one about keeping book on her, keep it just between your lawyer and yourself.

When you and your wife go before the judge you will hear a story like you have never heard before. Real events will be skewed or their order reinterpreted, in some cases events will be constructed whole cloth. Her story will be very well thought out and detailed, however, if she is not expecting you to have a detailed written account of every little thing for the past few months, then her story will not stand to detailed scrutiny. It will be easy for your lawyer to pounce and unravel her lies. Eventually some conflicting dates will be discovered in her accounting of things, some conflict between her story and the dates in which key events actually occurred. Because your lawyer has been keeping a detailed time-stamped log of every written account you have given him, the argument will switch from your word versus hers to her words versus your lawyer's, and your lawyer will win that fight hands down.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Prester John posted:

I deeply regret that I have drawn so much attention to myself in this thread. If there were not children involved I would not have spoken up. That is to say, if I had read the OP's posts and it was just him in the situation, I would have wished him well and hoped for the best on his recovery. But in this specific situation there are children involved, and I believe these children are in a very dangerous situation. That is why I have spoken up.

Let me clarify a few things that are mistaken in the wall of text dissecting me. My Diagnosis is "Bi-Polar Type II(2) Schizoaffective disorder".

I have literally never heard anyone try and argue that a person with Schizoaffective disorder is not schizophrenic. Additionally, my diagnosis is correctly stated as "Bipolar Type II Schizoaffective" which is a real diagnosis. I have Schizoaffective disorder (which is on the schizophrenic spectrum), my subtype of Schizoaffective is Bipolar, and my Bipolar is type II. I also correctly stated that I am a diagnosed schizophrenic because I do in fact have a formal diagnosis, and Schizoaffective is a form of Schizophrenia.

Next point. Yes, it is true I have recently come to a revelation about my Mother, but this is not my first rodeo with a full blown Narcissist. I was raised in a very hardcore fundamentalist cult and spent my 20's around a variety of proto cults. I have encountered Narcissists a number of times and understand them quite well, unfortunately. Realizing that my Mother was a Narcissist was painful, but this is not the first time I have worked through such a revelation. (It is just the most painful because she is my Mother) I understand what you are saying, especially considering the timing. But I am not in this case projecting my own issues.

Again, I would never speak up publicly in such a manner if there were not children involved in the situation. As much as this statement will sound like a deluded lie, I did not desire to attract attention to myself here. I appreciate how my statements appear, I really do. But to me there are three children involved in a very dangerous situation- a generational cycle of abuse that the OP may be able to get his children away from, but in order to do that he really does need to appreciate what he is dealing with.

The reason for my certainty is a bit hard to explain, and will probably sound deluded, I understand that. That said, this is the truth of why I am so certain. It really is too much to ask considering its length, but if you click on the OP of the thread I linked you would find very detailed descriptions of how the schizophrenic portions of my mind work. Specifically, how my pattern recognition functions. Included in that thread as well is a very detailed framework describing the behaviors of a variety of extremists that was designed by using the unusual pattern recognition I possess. I state all that gobbedelygook to state this next. I have unusually good pattern recognition as a result of how my mind works, and I am recognizing some very distinct patterns here in the OP. Not in the specifics per-se (although those are very important), but in how the OP constructs his writing. (How the OP constructs his thoughts) It would take an extremely long explanation, but the patterns of thought the OP is engaging in are highly consistent with a victim of Narcissistic abuse going through the rejection phase. Again, it would take an absurdly long explanation of how I am recognizing this, so instead I'll try and demonstrate.

(For the record, as much as this is going to sound like a lie, I do not want to do this. But in the specifics of this case there is not time for the OP to go through the normal years long process of piecing this all together, not while the fate of his children is in jeopardy. In my opinion the OP needs to get his children away from her because otherwise those children face the full brunt of her abuse without the OP around to blunt its effects.)

OP, here is what I am think I am recognizing as the situation here. If I am wrong, just post and say so and I will issue a full apology and gently caress off to never be heard from in this thread again.

If I had to guess though OP, here is roughly your situation. You met your wife and had an unusually fast romance, you swept each other off your feet. You two totally clicked, the romance progressed quickly. there was likely a phase of intense sexual attraction between you two and it would have seemed as if she just could not get enough. You would have felt like she just "got" you in a deep and profound way, and you fell madly in love. Then at some point her mask started to slip every so often and she slowly introduced you to her real self, or what you call "her crazy". She would switch between raging and crying at times with seeming little provocation, issuing forth rage and abusive statements that stunned you. Afterwards she would be very vulnerable and you would comfort her and things would smooth over. You would feel like her knight in shining armor, and you would feel like you were a strong man in a relationship with a beautiful but troubled soul. It would feel sort of ennobling at first, when you bore the pain of her private tantrums.

Over time though her freakouts would increase in frequency and the beautiful soul you loved would sip away. You would feel guilty over this and likely blamed yourself, you likely felt as though it was in some way your fault, and that you were just not trying hard enough or doing the right thing to help your troubled soulmate become the wonderful person you love so much. In public things were always fine and she was always that doting wonderful amazing woman you were so lucky to marry, but in private you saw less and less of that woman and more and more of her emotional episodes. There have probably been periods where that wonderful woman came back, around the time when your first child was born, and then perhaps for a long period thereafter.

For the past few years though things have been almost exclusively bad, and you have barely seen that wonderful woman in private. In public at times sure, but not really anymore in private. You have been soaking up the brunt of her emotional outbursts and doing your best to hide them from your children for some time now. It is also very likely that one of your children, likely the most sensitive one, seems to be singled out for special harassment from her. At this point, she has lost interest in you, (Either she has a target with more incomes or you have gotten too rebellious to be as easily controlled as you once were) and no longer desires to even exploit you for room and board, so she is leaving. She almost certainly has someone lined up to take your place.

At this point you have become the scapegoat. She has spread a massive whisper campaign against you to everyone she knows. You probably still have no idea what she has accused you of, but she likely accused you of it while having a tearful meltdown in front of sympathetic ears. Going forwards every action you take or do not take will be criticized. She will find every subtle way to slight you and attack you that she can think of. The reason you do not understand why things went from seemingly okay to her dumping your rear end in a hotel in only a couple days with not apparent trigger is because there was no trigger for it. This was a plan, and she merely acted the part she needed to play to keep you off your balance until she was ready to strike.

She wants to enjoy watching you writhe and suffer as she drags the divorce out and makes it as painful as possible. Her only real interest in the children is as a status symbol/a toll to hurt you with. If she got full custody of them she would abandon them the first chance she got, possibly even just up and dumping them on you one day. While they were in her custody though, without you around to bear the brunt of her "crazy"...., well I think you can imagine how that should not be permitted to happen if at all possible.

Again OP, if you say I am wrong on this and have no idea what I am talking about I will apologize and gently caress off forever. Hell, I'll stay out of E/N for 1 year :toxx:

One final thing before I go though, here is some decent advice. You need to arrange with your lawyer to "keep book" on your wife. What I mean is every single interaction you have with her or with your children, you write a detailed description of the moment it is done. No matter how inconsequential it is, just keep an honest, accurate, detailed, time-stamped account of every interaction you have with her. When your children visit you, document not only any signs of abuse, but also write up a description of what the visit entailed. If you went and got ice cream during the visit for example, mention that. If you saw a movie, mention that and the name of the movie. Try not to editorialize, you want to keep your descriptions to just the events as they played out. Once a week you need to gather up all these written accounts and take them to your layer. (Handwritten will be okay, but typing them up would be three times better) Have him witness you sign them, then leave them in your lawyers care. Ask your lawyer to keep a detailed logbook of the time and date of every weekly deposit you make.

Also, if you see something during a visit and learn of something that makes you concerned for your children's safety, contact your lawyer about that, explain the situation, and ask his advice. Do whatever he says. Ask your lawyer to make a note of the conversation mentioning its time, date, and contents. You should also write down the details of your contact with the lawyer, both of these written accounts go into the file right next to each other. (Reason being, when you eventually present this file to a judge he will be looking for ways to determine your authenticity in your written accounts. A side by side comparison over an incident will give the judge a good basis for comparison, as well as making you look like a very diligent and engaged Father for seeking out *AND ESPECIALLY FOLLOWING* Legal advice for such a sensitive situation.) Tell no one about keeping book on her, keep it just between your lawyer and yourself.

When you and your wife go before the judge you will hear a story like you have never heard before. Real events will be skewed or their order reinterpreted, in some cases events will be constructed whole cloth. Her story will be very well thought out and detailed, however, if she is not expecting you to have a detailed written account of every little thing for the past few months, then her story will not stand to detailed scrutiny. It will be easy for your lawyer to pounce and unravel her lies. Eventually some conflicting dates will be discovered in her accounting of things, some conflict between her story and the dates in which key events actually occurred. Because your lawyer has been keeping a detailed time-stamped log of every written account you have given him, the argument will switch from your word versus hers to her words versus your lawyer's, and your lawyer will win that fight hands down.

source your quotes

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

PJ is an insane, (possibly formerly) homeless amateur psych who DnD loves because he pathologizes everyone they don't like and explains how their political opponents are not just wrong but crazy. They enable him endlessly and feed into his delusions. Do not listen to his advice.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

how the gently caress does a person still want to be with someone who literally took a loving plane to texas to cheat on you. seriously, how the gently caress

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

MinibarMatchman posted:

how the gently caress does a person still want to be with someone who literally took a loving plane to texas to cheat on you. seriously, how the gently caress

serously

I think the crazy homeless schizo dude is righter about this situation than most of the goons backing the OP up about wanting to get back with his terrible wife. Shes loving awful, and OP must have 0 self-esteem to want anything to do with her

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Ya it's crazy that OP isn't able to turn on a dime emotionally for a person he's loved for years. He may be doing everything right (doing what his lawyer tells him, not retaliating, not trying to turn his kids against their mom, etc) but seriously it's hosed up that he can't just instantly start hating her.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

ThePeavstenator posted:

Ya it's crazy that OP isn't able to turn on a dime emotionally for a person he's loved for years. He may be doing everything right (doing what his lawyer tells him, not retaliating, not trying to turn his kids against their mom, etc) but seriously it's hosed up that he can't just instantly start hating her.

No one is suggesting that he should hate her. My point is he shouldn't want to reconcile with her.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

JakeP posted:

No one is suggesting that he should hate her. My point is he shouldn't want to reconcile with her.

He's fantasizing about a better time. He wants his wife to come to her senses so his family can go back to normal. There's nothing wrong with that as long as he listens to his lawyer (which again, he is doing).

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

ThePeavstenator posted:

He's fantasizing about a better time. He wants his wife to come to her senses so his family can go back to normal. There's nothing wrong with that as long as he listens to his lawyer (which again, he is doing).

Except the bolded part is hosed up, and the fact that he would take her back after this is pathedic, and selfish (after how she is putting the kids through this).

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Prester John posted:

Jesus that's a true D&D crazy wall o txt. Tldr version?.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Darth123123 posted:

Jesus that's a true D&D crazy wall o txt. Tldr version?.

"I'm super crazy, but the real reason people seem to hold ideas contrary to yours is that they are secretly crazy in the exact same way as I am."

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

John Prestor, you have a demonstrably flawed understanding of the illness(es) you state you have.

You're willfully misreading my post so you can play armchair psychiatrist and look like you know what you're talking about. I made it clear that while there is such a thing as bipolar II as well as schizoaffective disorder (with a subset referred to as bipolar type), they are not the same thing, the mania in bipolar II is different than the mania in schizoaffective disorder, etc. Making a post about how "bipolar II is a real thing" as well as schizoaffective disorder - as if I had denied that - is irrelevant and an annoying distraction tactic in "debate" that has the sole purpose of distracting attention away from what you don't know in order to focus on what you do (which to anyone who knows better is blatantly of the "I have read stuff online so act like an expert" type)

And don't act like you didn't want the thread to focus on you. You bust into a thread that has nothing to do with you to copy over a crazy rant/story about your life from another thread in another forum that was getting you a lot of positive attention. You then respond to people saying "this is crazy" by talking about being a d&d superstar, the great threads you make and of course bringing up that you have schizophrenia because you have to mention that with regular frequency to everyone. You practically begged this thread to focus on you.

From a professional: there is no such thing as "bipolar II schizoaffective". I already covered that bipolar II is a real diagnosis, as is schizoaffective disorder (and that there is a subtype which is commonly referred to as the bipolar type for ease of understanding with patients), that mania presents differently in bipolar II to mania in schizoaffective disorder (which is just one of the many reasons that "bipolar II schizoaffective" is not a real thing), and that regardless, schizoaffective disorder is distinct from having schizophrenia (on top of it being a hugely controversial diagnosis because it has proven to be unreliable and most people who receive the diagnosis are later deemed to have something else - essentially in psychiatry, it has come to be a grab bag diagnosis that stands in for clinical lack of surety over symptoms). I'm not going to bother repeating myself to someone who ignored what I already said to post random stuff about bipolar and schizoaffective disorder to make it look like they know more than they have demonstrated.

You can fool laypeople, but again, what you are saying is the equivalent of saying you have been diagnosed with "ColdFlu". It is nonsense, the misapplied understanding of psychiatry you demonstrate in your posts is deeply flawed, and you really are proof of the saying that "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing". Normally I don't care, but your particular crazy is now making you give bad advice that could have serious, real life consequences on the basis of wild supposition.

Like I said:

Enfys posted:

Normally I just ignore it when people say nonsense or contradictory psychiatric crap online. Pointing it out usually isn't a good idea since people inevitably double down, find excuses for the original nonsense and carry on, mixing the crap with their increased knowledge of the subject. It just teaches people to be better at saying nonsense psychiatric crap.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
JP. Please stop. You have absolutely no idea what you are taking about here and are not helping. Seriously :getout:

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

JakeP posted:

Except the bolded part is hosed up, and the fact that he would take her back after this is pathedic, and selfish (after how she is putting the kids through this).

It's wishful thinking for a miraculous repentance. It's called forgiveness. Yeah it's never going to happen in a million years but I it seems like OP knows this. That line of wishful thinking is a byproduct of emotional trauma and it will go away, but not in just a few weeks.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Prester John posted:

To clarify I am asking you to go this.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
Go do

Stupid no edit rule

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

JakeP posted:

He's not taking her back. He still longs for the family he had and has now lost though. That's normal, especially in the aftermath of loss. This should not be so baffling.

Goons who think people act like robots have apparently never suffered through a relationship like this or are unable to empathise with someone who has. You can't just shut your emotions off overnight. You can still behave rationally despite this, which is what he's doing. Betrayal and loss take time to process. That is just part of being human.

Stop inventing problems for the dude. He's got enough already, and more importantly, he's got the support of appropriate professionals in handling it.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
I'll add this as well: the way he's talking about what he misses/wants from his wife has changed very dramatically over the course of the thread in a very natural and understandable way. I'd say dude is coping with a traumatic change in his life very well and by constantly rehashing this topic you're probably causing more confusion than anything. He's dealing. Leave him be.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
So back on the topic, i asked if you are renting out your home and if you can borrow money from a relative or something?
I guess i should start by asking, what is the timetable on your being able to afford a divorce

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

So back on the topic, i asked if you are renting out your home and if you can borrow money from a relative or something?
I guess i should start by asking, what is the timetable on your being able to afford a divorce

I have no one to borrow money from and I am in the process of selling the home. when the home sells I will be able to afford to pay for a divorce lawyer.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Prester John posted:

op you know what you must do for closure

I don't know what the gently caress this weirdo is talking about but I did see the glorious toxx sign while scrolling and here is a thing you can do to make you life better

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

r00tn00b posted:

To clarify I am asking you to go this.

oh you did

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

jackyl posted:

oh you did

Anything else to add?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Darth123123 posted:

Anything else to add?

no

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

It makes me happy that Prester John can't post here for a year, but it makes me sad that he can still post in DnD, a forum that is basically cheering on a self-destructive mentally ill hobo because he makes them feel good about all of their preconceived ideas. Prester John I do not hold any malice against you but your threads are nonsensical and your obvious mental illness has completely compromised any insights you feel you may have and DnD is not helping you by denying this.

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni

Prester John posted:

I deeply regret that I have drawn so much attention to myself in this thread.

When followed by a 2,000-word screed where you bring your own baggage into someone's thread, this seems a bit insincere.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

It makes me happy that Prester John can't post here for a year, but it makes me sad that he can still post in DnD, a forum that is basically cheering on a self-destructive mentally ill hobo because he makes them feel good about all of their preconceived ideas. Prester John I do not hold any malice against you but your threads are nonsensical and your obvious mental illness has completely compromised any insights you feel you may have and DnD is not helping you by denying this.

*do not hold any malice against you butt trots in*

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

r00tn00b posted:

I have no one to borrow money from and I am in the process of selling the home. when the home sells I will be able to afford to pay for a divorce lawyer.

Okay cool. Do you think it will sell fast? Good luck

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

MinibarMatchman posted:

Children. Wanting to keep a family together. There's lots of reasons. They're maybe not healthy for the individual, but people value stability.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Darth123123 posted:

This sweetie poo poo is v creepy

Yes!

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
I don't know if this will be the last update but it might be a while before I update again. I have emotionally moved on. I'm at a place where I don't think about her constantly. And I don't have the strong desire to be with her. I have started going out and meeting people and I have made some friends. I even got a couple numbers. I'm not ready to date again. But i think that knowing I'm not broken. And people can like me helps. My self worth is coming back. I know some of you were harsh and people were quick to defend me. In truth I would like to thank both sides. The harsh comments stung but made me think. The defenders made me feel like people cared. And both of these things helped.

In short thanks guys. You helped me through the roughest part of my life til now.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Disregard all my previous advice. Murder your wife and frame the butler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

ThePeavstenator posted:

Disregard all my previous advice. Murder your wife and frame the butler.

Done.

what changed your mind?

• Locked thread