Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Holy poo poo, the hood ornament. All is forgiven.

Diabolik900 posted:

Paul Feig just tweeted a picture of the new Ecto 1:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

looks like something boomerjinks would make

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Maybe a decade ago. Mines a little sleeker than that, a little.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Nice one bro :smug:

xezton
Jan 31, 2005

We still have over a year until this movie comes out, right?

When will Paul Feig tweet a magnet link to the torrent of the finished film?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

That's a cool Ecto-1

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
Is there any confirmation on if this movie is set in present day?

Going by the clothes we've seen the cast in as well as the car, could it be that this is set in the same time frame or not longer after the originals?

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
Well, it's not a modern NY state plate. But it also doesn't seem to match older plates either, so it probably doesn't help either way.

Edit: hurt derf, was looking at the back plate and missed the banner at the top. Modern plate, within last five years or so.

tetrapyloctomy fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jul 8, 2015

xezton
Jan 31, 2005

Latino Pete posted:

Is there any confirmation on if this movie is set in present day?

Going by the clothes we've seen the cast in as well as the car, could it be that this is set in the same time frame or not longer after the originals?

The license plates on the Ecto-1 look like the new Empire Gold style I guess...? e:f,b ^^^

The original was a '59 Miller Meteor, so about 25 years before the movie came out.

The new one appears to be an '83 Superior Hearse, if that gives any clue?

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Very much 2015 by the nyc taxis

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

xezton posted:

The new one appears to be an '83 Superior Hearse, if that gives any clue?

'84 Fleetwood, I think.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Timby posted:

'84 Fleetwood, I think.

1981-1984 S&S as stated by the founder of the National Hearse and Ambulance Association, fwiw.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Diabolik900 posted:

Paul Feig just tweeted a picture of the new Ecto 1:

Something about how comically huge that big yellow flasher on top is making me giggle.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

The new Ecto-1 is great. I love the look of everything so far. I'm excited to watch this.

Boy, the theme song is going to be a rough thing though. The original song is so freaking iconic that changing it outright would be weird, but I can see them wanting to do their own spin on it.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I could see them saving it for the credits though.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

It's a small thing, but I kind of hope they handle the credits the same way the original two films did; nothing at the beginning, just the title, and then a credits montage at the end with either deleted clips from the film (GB2), or a continuation on what was happening at the end (GB1).

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Thwomp posted:

I could see them saving it for the credits though.

This is true, but I would assume it will be featured heavily in the marketing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

This is true, but I would assume it will be featured heavily in the marketing.

The only answer is to use 'Bustin''.

I ain't fraid of no sleep, I ain't fraid of no bed. Freaky ghost bed.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The only answer is to use 'Bustin''.

I ain't fraid of no sleep, I ain't fraid of no bed. Freaky ghost bed.

This is an idea I can get behind.

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

Thank god the no-ghost symbol isn't tilted at some weird angle. It's been screwed up on merchandise for years, e.g. the Ghostbusters Double Feature DVD Set.

xezton
Jan 31, 2005

If none of you do already you should follow Ghostbusters News. They've been doing a good job posting new photos of stuff, not just from Feig.
Just ignore all of the sexist man children who take every opportunity to make it known how horrible they are.

"With rumors that the new Ghostbusters headquarters will be an apartment above a Chinese restaurant, this could be our first shot of the NEW Ecto-1 outside of the NEW HQ."

Dunno if the rumors are true but hey, it's nother new Ecto-1 photo! :D

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Still can't get over them using Boston as the New York City stand-in.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Timby posted:

Still can't get over them using Boston as the New York City stand-in.

Doesn't this happen like, all the time in film?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

hhhat posted:

Doesn't this happen like, all the time in film?

Quite often but Boston's city and downtown just looks nothing like New York. I mean, they're just completely different cityscapes. It's sort of like Avengers and Dark Knight Rises using Cleveland -- which looks nothing like New York City or Chicago, respectively.

Dauher
Jul 22, 2007
The man from not near.
They are filming in NYC later too. Some of the Boston stuff actually takes place in Boston.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Timby posted:

Quite often but Boston's city and downtown just looks nothing like New York. I mean, they're just completely different cityscapes. It's sort of like Avengers and Dark Knight Rises using Cleveland -- which looks nothing like New York City or Chicago, respectively.

I'm not arguing for it, I'm just sure they're cutting costs and I bet it's way easier to film in Boston. With digital compositing there's no way you'd be able to ID anything unless you knew the front of the building you're looking at anyway.

Designs look good. At least that's going for it. It is a reboot, for sure, and not continuity from the same universe? They are doing 2015 though. If I wrote it they'd be meeting up with Ray or something to get the plans for ghost catching after *something* happens. And it turns out he's gone mostly insane after the death of Spengler and Peter never talks to him ever. And nobody ever mentions Winston. Because I like being meta.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If they need horses in the film I presume they're just going to tape a bunch of cats together.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

It is a reboot, because Feig wants ghosts to not be a known thing. He has said he would rather start fresh than play off a universe where all of the crazy poo poo from GB 1 & 2 happened. I mean, GB2 didn't even handle that properly, so I think he has the right idea.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

If you asked the average person what the Ecto-1 was, they'd say it was a hearse (and not an ambulance).

I'm glad those people are justified now.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
GB news posted pics of Ecto Bikes last night, which was nice.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Diabolik900 posted:

Funny enough, it's probably actually an older car than the original was back in '84.

Yeah, the original was probably around 25 years old.

I think an early-90s model would have worked too, but I bet the twin boxy headlights was an important factor, and I can appreciate where they're coming from with that.

Avril Lavigne
May 29, 2006

Tomero_the_Great posted:

If you asked the average person what the Ecto-1 was, they'd say it was a hearse (and not an ambulance).

I'm glad those people are justified now.

I could be wrong on this, but I think the '59 Cadillac was a hearse AND an ambulance.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Avril Lavigne posted:

I could be wrong on this, but I think the '59 Cadillac was a hearse AND an ambulance.

Let me recommend a Top Gear episode for you

Avril Lavigne
May 29, 2006

Data Graham posted:

Let me recommend a Top Gear episode for you

Okay?

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
He's saying it would justify the average persons knowledge of "Ecto-1" without differentiating them.

The original car was a "combo" or "duplex" meaning it did double duties as a hearse and an ambulance. The back of the car had casket rollers as well as flip-up jump seats for paramedics. Hearses and ambulances weren't really differentiated services in those days.

So when someone says "it's a hearse" or "it's an ambulance," they are both wrong and both right.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

GB news posted pics of Ecto Bikes last night, which was nice.

Ecto-2, kids! Imgur is down, so let's see how this works...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Boomerjinks posted:

So when someone says "it's a hearse" or "it's an ambulance," they are both wrong and both right.

Also known as "Nerdlinger's Cat".

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Boomerjinks posted:

He's saying it would justify the average persons knowledge of "Ecto-1" without differentiating them.

The original car was a "combo" or "duplex" meaning it did double duties as a hearse and an ambulance. The back of the car had casket rollers as well as flip-up jump seats for paramedics. Hearses and ambulances weren't really differentiated services in those days.

Huh, you learn something new every day. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Think of all the time you save by not having to switch cars just because your paramedics didn't drive fast enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spooky Forum Ghost
Mar 9, 2015
This movie is gonna rule

• Locked thread