Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

quote:

this will begin monthly releases of the series.

aka three chapters during three months and a new hiatus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

A rad pic from the reddit thread:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

20 lovingly detailed pages of Griffith's turrets and abutments, can't wait!

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
I'll believe a regular and consistent schedule for Berserk when I see it, and even then I probably won't really believe it. The one thing that lends it some credence is that, as a monthly, Berserk would still be behind schedule since Young Animal is published every two weeks.

YA's official preview page for the issue in question should go live on Friday, so then we'll see if there's any truth to that part of the rumor at least.

Literally Kermit posted:

20 lovingly detailed pages of Griffith's turrets and abutments, can't wait!
Same, but unironically.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

LordMune posted:

Same, but unironically.

No, my friend... also unironically.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
My uncle at King Animal Weekly sure is trustworthy.

I didn't believe him at first because it would be impossible for Griffith to evolve any further without tearing the very fabric of the universe, seeing as he has already reached the max level of bishounen. I hope Guts fights something this time around.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

If the people at Skullknight believe it, it's probably true. Those guys are spergs but on things like new releases they're trustworthy.

It'll be weird reading this comic again. I basically gave up hope that it would ever continue.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Honestly, it doesn't really seem that long from the last chapter. It's still fresh in my mind.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Davinci posted:

Honestly, it doesn't really seem that long from the last chapter. It's still fresh in my mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na45Nus6c00

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Hasn't it been like 2 years?

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I don't mind the delay, author isn't showing any signs of dying, there's plenty other good stuff out there to read, and we got postapocalyptic fire giant wrestling out of it.

...and piss-healing vocaloids, but for some reason I keep repressing that memory

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Serious Frolicking posted:

Hasn't it been like 2 years?

More like 9 months. 2 years with the break for his reaction to Attack on Titan :v:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Officially confirmation. Berserk to return this September as a monthly series. And it looks like the first chapter back will be 100 pages.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-08/berserk-manga-confirmed-to-resume-as-monthly-series-this-month/.90187

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 8, 2015

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well that's cool. Berserk is cool

its cool that we're getting more berserk

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I'll believe it going monthly when I don't see another hiatus announced by March or so.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Brought To You By posted:

Officially confirmation. Berserk to return this September as a monthly series. And it looks like the first chapter back will be 100 pages.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-08/berserk-manga-confirmed-to-resume-as-monthly-series-this-month/.90187

Golly I hope so. I caught up a little while ago and theres only like 2 chapters of the current arc. The big a sea monster ordeal was kind of a waste of time too.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
The 100 pages will be a flip-book of Griffith's flowing hair.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

dis astranagant posted:

I'll believe it going monthly when I don't see another hiatus announced by March or so.

That way lies madness. I will never believe.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Next chapter: In order to gain favor from the king of the elves, Guts and the gang must put together an idol band

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Krampus Grewcock posted:

Don't forget his pages and pages of being worship because of his flowing hair.

(goddamn did I hate the griffith chapters)

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Amorphous Blob posted:

Golly I hope so. I caught up a little while ago and theres only like 2 chapters of the current arc. The big a sea monster ordeal was kind of a waste of time too.

I didn't really feel that way when reading that, actually! Someone on these forums once said that, ignoring the huge pauses inbetween, Berserk is actually paced really well - and having read from the beginning to Ganeshka's epic death in one go, it certainly felt that way. The Sea God encounter might not have been necessary for the story, but it definitely felt like it had its place: give Guts & co. something to do, show the effect Griffith's actions have on the world, give some development for Guts and his kid, break up all the seafaring with an epic battle and bring some conclusion for minor characters (RIP pirate guys). I love how Berserk goes out of its way to include almost self-contained stories with utterly insane monster designs, and the story will. Not. Be. Rushed. And that's great. I'd hate Berserk to have a rushed conclusion, given how well-thought out it has been so far, where no minor character seems forgotten. Also, the Sea God was metal.

But, man, 100 pages...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Krampus Grewcock posted:

It's hilarious and sad because this is true and yet everyone in the world wishes it weren't

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
It looks like the last four chapters will be collected in a packed-in 100-page mini-volume to bring readers up to speed again. Not that the new chapter will be 100 pages. Which is good news. I tend to translate Berserk in one extended, frenzied sitting and you know what I say to 100 pages of flowery dialogue I say gently caress THAT gently caress. THAT.

berserk is back bby

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

LordMune posted:

It looks like the last four chapters will be collected in a packed-in 100-page mini-volume to bring readers up to speed again. Not that the new chapter will be 100 pages. Which is good news. I tend to translate Berserk in one extended, frenzied sitting and you know what I say to 100 pages of flowery dialogue I say gently caress THAT gently caress. THAT.

berserk is back bby

For a second I thought you said you didn't want to read 100 pages of Berserk, which boggled my mind because who wouldn't want 100 pages of Berserk to go through? Then I realized you said translate; that sentiment I can fully understand.

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

Just to temper everybody's expectations, word is that the 100 pages on the promotional page is actually about Young Animal reprinting the last 4 chapters of Berserk in the next issue as a kind of refresher. We will not be getting 100 pages of Berserk all at once.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

so happy right now

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Vedius Pollio posted:

Just to temper everybody's expectations, word is that the 100 pages on the promotional page is actually about Young Animal reprinting the last 4 chapters of Berserk in the next issue as a kind of refresher. We will not be getting 100 pages of Berserk all at once.

Oh god yes. This will be Miura's new money earning technique. Just reprint the old issues every so often and rake in that sweet, sweet cash, that is promptly handed over to BAMCO for IdolM@ster DLC.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Torquemadras posted:

I didn't really feel that way when reading that, actually! Someone on these forums once said that, ignoring the huge pauses inbetween, Berserk is actually paced really well - and having read from the beginning to Ganeshka's epic death in one go, it certainly felt that way. The Sea God encounter might not have been necessary for the story, but it definitely felt like it had its place: give Guts & co. something to do, show the effect Griffith's actions have on the world, give some development for Guts and his kid, break up all the seafaring with an epic battle and bring some conclusion for minor characters (RIP pirate guys). I love how Berserk goes out of its way to include almost self-contained stories with utterly insane monster designs, and the story will. Not. Be. Rushed. And that's great. I'd hate Berserk to have a rushed conclusion, given how well-thought out it has been so far, where no minor character seems forgotten. Also, the Sea God was metal.

But, man, 100 pages...

Heck, same. The pacing in Berserk feels perfect when you're reading it. I get that for long time fans the pacing in terms of releases feels arduous but the thing is when looked at as a single work it flows perfectly to me. With series like this I've come to be OK with long release breaks even though I'm anxious for more too, just so long as the quality stays consistent which I think Berserk has. I do feel for ya'll who've been waiting for Guts and co to get off the boat for a decade now though.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
The Tower of Conviction Arc seems to get pretty close to universal praise in this thread but it honesty felt like a slog to me near the...middle I think. I can't quite remember. It's getting to the point where I probably need to reread the series because it has been so long since I've really thought of the thing as a whole.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Dr Subterfuge posted:

The Tower of Conviction Arc seems to get pretty close to universal praise in this thread but it honesty felt like a slog to me near the...middle I think. I can't quite remember. It's getting to the point where I probably need to reread the series because it has been so long since I've really thought of the thing as a whole.
I agree and I think it is what happens when you have small episodic stories make up an overall story. Fists does this as well.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Guts had a cameo in Jake Wyatt's webcomic Necropolis

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010

rofl, that's pretty cool, is that sf cannon just in parody or is the whole thing satire?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Street. Fighter. Canon.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

notZaar posted:

Street. Fighter. Canon.

Listen, it's cannon that all the street fighters succeed in beating the poo poo out of that car.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

A... cannon... that launches fighters at vehicles...

This weapon will become the most powerful force in the history of mankind!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
street figther cannon