Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Excels posted:

I don't want to play it until they fix matchmaking, because the way it handles lag is awful and 3 out of every 5 matches you'll just drop it, i've been dropped in the last 8 loving seconds of a game, and you get nothing
The problem is you, get off WiFi or get better Internet. Hope that helps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Has anyone got the download version of LCU? Are the load times any better? My disc version has all kind of load errors and is basically useless, so I was thinking about going and trading it in and getting the download version.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I do and it still takes a while to load.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Yeah, sorry, but after the first Lego Star Wars or two, the gameplay has become pretty rote. I even tried the Lego Marvel game and, despite being a huge Marvel fan, got bored really quickly. Collecting nonexistent baubles just feels like a huge waste of time. Especially when the Wii U is such a generally great "pick up and play" console, offering quick bursts of much deeper, yet accessible, games like Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, SM3DW, etc.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

Lego City Undercover sounds dope, but can anyone confirm that it's not one of those games that people say are great, but are almost excruciatingly simple and dumbed down for children, like Captain Toad? Because that game is really quite polished, but as a Fully Grown Human Adult, the pace and simplicity totally fail to engage me.

Plot-wise, there are plenty of great references in the game that will sail right over kids' heads. Also you get to smash things! Anyway, if you've played any of the Lego games, this is probably the best one. The only downsides: collecting everything eventually gets tedious, and there's no off-TV play.

EDIT: Didn't see you basically already pooh-poohed giving it a shot. Oh well. It's awesome anyway.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

LethalGeek posted:

The problem is you, get off WiFi or get better Internet. Hope that helps

I have cable internet.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Chill Penguin posted:

Lego City Undercover sounds dope, but can anyone confirm that it's not one of those games that people say are great, but are almost excruciatingly simple and dumbed down for children, like Captain Toad? Because that game is really quite polished, but as a Fully Grown Human Adult, the pace and simplicity totally fail to engage me.

It's Grand Theft Lego. If you like GTA and you like the hub world in the newer Lego games and would like that expanded to a whole game, then you'll like it.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
It seems like the type of game that would be cool to pick up for $10-20, but at full price why not just get actual GTA 5?

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

It seems like the type of game that would be cool to pick up for $10-20, but at full price why not just get actual GTA 5?

Sounds like you're trying to find reasons to avoid buying an awesome game. Have fun with your Lego-less GTA 5

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Chill Penguin posted:

Does GTA 5 have Lego people? Didn't think so!

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
gta 5 has tits

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

But what if you're a woman and/or a gay man? Lego appeals to everyone!

Electromax
May 6, 2007
If you can't see why someone would get Lego over/alongside GTA5 and you don't like kid-accessible games, how'd you end up with a Wii U?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
My biggest complaint about Lego Undercover is the fact that there's no off screen play. I can deal with loading times but that is honestly a bummer and probably why I never finished the game, but all of this talk makes me want to go back and pick it up again.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Chill Penguin posted:

Because GTA actually sucks really bad, hth

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Why can't women and gay men enjoy tits

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Chill Penguin posted:

You seem to be looking for any reason not to buy the game so just don't buy the loving game, man.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The soundtrack to Yoshi's Woolly World is so loving good.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

MinibarMatchman posted:

yeah, this. it was laughable to me that people overpaid for a lovely adapter that only works for one game, while the Hori pads are not only wireless (connects to a wiimote) but work for virtually all the VC games I own. Those smash adapters were for suckers.
Yeah they should enable more games for it, but It's a still good deal imo if you get it for retail price and already have the gamecube controllers.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

They work for Nintendont, don't they? So there's that.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Excels posted:

I have cable internet.

If you live in the US this really means squat for quality of service

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
canada

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

raditts posted:

Yup. Works perfectly and is the best thing.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

noirstronaut posted:

Why can't women and gay men enjoy tits

I can verify that many absolutely do and there is no requirement for the women to be gay and the men to be straight. It is universally agreed upon that tits are awesome.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

raditts posted:

Nintendont is magic and even works with Dualshock 3 and 4

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Wow, whole lotta people getting salty about somebody having slightly more discerning taste than them.

Lego GTA looks cool but I'm just hesitant based on prior disappointments. I get that if you spend most of your time playing games, that inane gameplay features like collecting things seem fun, since they prolong your gaming experience, thus enriching your shallow existence.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
let's put tits in legao?

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

Wow, whole lotta people getting salty about somebody having slightly more discerning taste than them.

Lego GTA looks cool but I'm just hesitant based on prior disappointments. I get that if you spend most of your time playing games, that inane gameplay features like collecting things seem fun, since they prolong your gaming experience, thus enriching your shallow existence.

It's not like collecting anything in the Lego games is ever mandatory, you know. But since every viddy game purchase must be perfect and amazing, you have everyone's permission to not buy it.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Chill Penguin posted:

Actually collecting things in games is fun for all kinds of people, but I understand that your lack of self esteem means you need to look down on those who disagree with you

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

You're all a bunch of Donkey Kongs.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

none of that stupid collecting bullshit in GTAV, cool game for adult men: http://gta.wikia.com/Collectibles#Grand_Theft_Auto_V

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

MinibarMatchman posted:

yeah, this. it was laughable to me that people overpaid for a lovely adapter that only works for one game, while the Hori pads are not only wireless (connects to a wiimote) but work for virtually all the VC games I own. Those smash adapters were for suckers.

Huh? The Adapter is only $20 and ideal for those that already have 4 Gamecube Controllers. Certainly cheaper than buying 4 Hori pads because Smash is the only 8 person game for the system

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Wow, never thought that the gamers in the Wii U thread, of all places, would be so rude and dismissive to a fellow Wii U gamer with different tastes.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Suspicious Cook posted:

This is an absolute lie. Rayman Legends is fantastic and you even get Origins in its entirety as a bonus.
Yeah. I just really don't love Rayman as a character, and most of the sidekicks have an even more annoying character design. I played the whole thing as the Viking chick with the axe except when I had to be the bug just because it was the least awful thing to look at all the time. The musical levels are good, and it has the most playable water levels in nearly any game. There's a lot too it, and I might very well be in the minority, but I just can't give half a poo poo about what is going on in the game or what any of the characters are doing. I feel no investment in the game at all.

raditts posted:

What the gently caress

I like both of those games and Guacamelee is not even in the same universe as Rayman platformer-wise, it's more of a metroidvania.

Most of it is more of a metroidvania. Getting the good ending requires getting certain collectables, several of which are hidden behind some of the BEST platforming I've ever played. It was insanely hard and took 999 tries, but unlike a lot of hard platforming, it felt totally fair and like I just needed to GET GUD

I have both, Rayman is fun. If I had to pick or recommend only one, I personally think Guacamelee is a better game. Shorter, perhaps, but better.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

GTA - a game for those of discerning taste

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

noirstronaut posted:

let's put tits in legao?

They already did tho

Spintzel fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 8, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Astro7x posted:

Huh? The Adapter is only $20 and ideal for those that already have 4 Gamecube Controllers. Certainly cheaper than buying 4 Hori pads because Smash is the only 8 person game for the system

Until Runbow comes out.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Trent posted:

Most of it is more of a metroidvania. Getting the good ending requires getting certain collectables, several of which are hidden behind some of the BEST platforming I've ever played. It was insanely hard and took 999 tries, but unlike a lot of hard platforming, it felt totally fair and like I just needed to GET GUD

The one with the disappearing Megaman platforms is utter bullshit

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I love GTA games and LEGO games and I sort of can't believe I haven't played the Lego GTA game yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I sorta want to get into Sonic Boom. Even though I played the demo and hated the thing I just feel I am letting Sonic and friends down not buying the game. I hear Tails and Amy share a relationship this time and I just can't help myself where this whole thing goes.

• Locked thread