Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Phyresis posted:

Chameleon Skinks, apparently

Keep them off the table. During any movement phase you place them anywhere and they can act like normal. A unit of 10 does roughly 10 wounds before saves (no rending). In terrain they have a 3+ save. There is a formation that lets you take two units and reroll 1s to hit / wound.
The same formation lets you keep ripperdactyls off the table in the same way. If they charge something near a toad they have three attacks; hit with the attack and get an extra attack for infinity. Declare a swoop and you can reroll all to hit rolls. They get +1 to damage on the turn they show up on the table.

Take a Lord Kroak and an engine of the gods. Use kroak to get you a bunch of rerolls, and roll 4 dice on the engine dropping any one. Get 3 sixes and you can take an extra turn. With a little luck you can take 4 turns in a row!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA fun. Keep in mind that lizardmen can basically summon an infinite amount of models. 5 Krok-Gar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

Unless anyone else super-wants to, I researched Frostgrave a lot last week and should probably be able to write up a competent OP.

Funny / clever titles are welcome.

I was going to do one but you are already ahead of me by doing actual research.

Also 'Age of Sigmar: Nigmos would actually be an improvement'

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

moths posted:

Unless anyone else super-wants to, I researched Frostgrave a lot last week and should probably be able to write up a competent OP.

I ordered the book, the plastic guys, and a witch for this game. Looks really cool.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

ro5s posted:

Mandatory

I laughed far too long at this :)

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

ro5s posted:

Mandatory

:gowron:

This needs to be the last thing posted in this, and all 40k threads.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How would you even discuss this game? Like here is my lists: Blah

Well, your enemy can have infinite more models than you? Why would you take X when Y is better and there are no points so gently caress it.

I really like the new good guy marine models, but there is nothing. NOTHING.

Malal won.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

moths posted:

Frostgrave: It's cold and wizards are assholes.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Frozenheim, city of the damned

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
Frozenheim: More thought was put into the name than the entire AoS rules

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

Business Gorillas posted:

if we're going that route i recommend the summary of the books i made in the death thread

Your write up of End Times was great. In the OP I think it should be there. It wasn't too cynical either considering the quality and I feel very few people would feel it was actually wrong for the measure of the books. Honestly, Nagash was pretty good, it had some cool characters and built up a creepy doom and gloom on the horizon vibe.

Then other books came out.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Frostgrave: Age of Sigmar Appreciation Station

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ro5s posted:

Mandatory

:golfclap:

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
I wanted to post this as an alternative to the Frostgrave box.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/wyr3...92VfRoCA5Pw_wcB

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/catalog/product/view/id/42991/s/wyr30402/

Really nice miniatures in a genre that can be tricky to find. Perfect for all kinds of weird projects, Warmachine, ect.

They are 11 human bodies with a absolute monstrous amount of additions in the victorian technology level. Everything from firearms to monocles to parasols.

Frostgrave Soldiers

"This box set of hard plastic figures allows you to build 20 different Soldiers to play in the game Frostgrave. To help you design the perfect Wizard's warband, the box set contains 100 weapon/ arm variants, 40 heads and over 30 pieces of equipment. No two Wizard's warbands should ever be the same! "

Doctor Borris fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 9, 2015

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

If you are going to go in any direction for a new WHFB OP, then you should have a "If you played this army in WHFB you should try this army in WMH or KOW"

So GW killed off your Lizardmen Army and you need a Warmachine/Hordes faction....

You should pick: Skorne

You get to keep using Terradons ARCHIDONS

You get a general Mazdamundi Xerxis 2 who rides in on a Stegadon Rhino and wrecks poo poo.

You keep to keep the asthetic of having an obese magic caster being carried into battle with Slaan Mage Priests Dominar Rasheth

Have Kroxigors Titan Sentries carry giant gently caress off spears be awesome.

Still get to use your Temple Guard Gatormen Posse to utterly beat the piss out of people in melee combat. (Gator Posse is like old school DoW unit you can hire).

Have an unmovable force in Gor-Rok Tiberion!

Have a weird as hell dinosaur unit that works best when attached to other magic users in the Troglodon Despoiler!

Experience the fun of a stealth unit that never works out like you want in Chameleon Skinks Bloodrunners!

Relish the fun of having a highly mobile unit of death and destruction in a Stupidly kitted out Saurus Old Blood in a unit of Cold Ones because otherwise he'll be sniped and Carnosaurs just get cannoned'd Molik Karn!

There are a lot more, but I'm tired of linking pictures

Skink Priest = Cyclops Shaman
Smash Directly into enemy unit as often as possible?: Ancient Stegadon = Bronzeback Titan
Under appreciated infantry? Skinks in rank and file = Swordsmen
Single Wound Infantry no one really wants to stick and fight? Saurus=Nihilators

Don't take it as gospel. The units aren't an exact one to one comparison, but in general should give you an idea that the ways the two armies play are similar.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of gaming systems that exploded, I'm putting together the wrath of kings goritsi kit and man... almost no cleanup needed! No bent weapons, minimal mold lines. The models are based on the old Confrontation models

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Doctor Borris posted:

I wanted to post this as an alternative to the Frostgrave box.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/wyr3...92VfRoCA5Pw_wcB

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/catalog/product/view/id/42991/s/wyr30402/

Really nice miniatures in a genre that can be tricky to find. Perfect for all kinds of weird projects, Warmachine, ect.

They are 11 human bodies with a absolute monstrous amount of additions in the victorian technology level. Everything from firearms to monocles to parasols.

I've been eyeing these fir a while now, the news that the new Malifaux rules will have s campaign system pushed me even further. Definitely going to get one of each if I actually like the rules.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
is Kings of War a you have a turn I have a turn or is it more like Warpath where it's like unit activation etc..

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

You have a turn I have a turn.

It's a game I'd straight up call ELEGANT.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

:siren:Frostgrave thread is up!

Boring title for now. :smith:

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
Possom Man Says

"Kids! Don't play Age of Sigmar, its pretty bad!"

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Borris posted:

Possom Man Says

"Kids! Don't play Age of Sigmar, its pretty bad!"

That is clearly an armadillo :mad:

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
Don't push me, I swear I will buy that and make it an amazing possum if you say that again!

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Don't wait, just do it.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
Here's what you purchased:

50320: Gunter, Possum Man $5.99 x1

Subtotal: 5.99
Shipping: 2.00
Handling: 1.00
Order Total: $8.99

That's going to ship USPS to:

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Don't you all get it? Age of Sigmar is GOOD for Bitcoin because...

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Age of Sigmar: Thanks Obama

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Opossum Oposse

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Opossum Oposse

I'm just sad Doctor Boris is only getting one Possum.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i oppose this oppossum oposse

jk its the best but i wanted to throw in more alliteration

e: the opossum oposse opposes oppressed opossum opinions

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Opossum Oposse

Oh please

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

OP

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

LordAba posted:

Malal won.

He's the god Chaos needs but we don't deserve.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Opossting about possums

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Take this with whatever salt you will - A friend of mine is very friendly with his GW manager (not from UK, very cool GW and manager actually they let me borrow armies and stuff to play while I was on holiday there,), and has been told there will be an AoS BRB with extra rules for competition play and scenarios. These rules will not be made available free. The 4 page rules were "more like a teaser".

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
my GW manager said AoS was an elaborate prank, and GW will be giving out 9th edition for free to every true believer who bought the AoS box

hail satan

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
My uncle works at games workshop and said you have to play 100 age of Sigmar Games and register your results at a hidden page on the games workshop website and then you get secret access to a PDF with the actual rules for 9th edition and they send you a free box of resculpted chaos dwarves.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

hooman posted:

My uncle works at games workshop and said you have to play 100 age of Sigmar Games and register your results at a hidden page on the games workshop website and then you get secret access to a PDF with the actual rules for 9th edition and they send you a free box of resculpted chaos dwarves.

that's weird, he told me I had to suck his dick behind the dumpster 100 times before he'd send me the rules

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
still waiting on those rules...

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Moola posted:

still waiting on those rules...

Oh, no. You got the rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Xlorp posted:

Don't you all get it? Age of Sigmar is GOOD for Bitcoin because...

I'm surprised it took so long.

• Locked thread