Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
Just installed this game. Seems fun.

I would like an invite into the Ebonheart Goons.
My account is @kwosge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Once you get to the higher levels of the game (Cadwell's Silver and Gold) it can be a challenge getting anyone to do world bosses or dolmens. It seems like 70% of the player base ignores the areas to go grind or straight up roll a new toon once they hit VR.

Corpus Smegma
May 18, 2009
Has anyone had problems getting disconnected? I can login for about five minutes then get disconnected for 'excessive spamming' error code 318 I think it was. For the record I dont send messages,so I figure its something on their end. Its a little annoying though. I couldnt stay logged in at all yesterday. I tried again today and got the same message. This is on ps4.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Rough Lobster posted:

Once you get to the higher levels of the game (Cadwell's Silver and Gold) it can be a challenge getting anyone to do world bosses or dolmens. It seems like 70% of the player base ignores the areas to go grind or straight up roll a new toon once they hit VR.
Usually you can find players in the Silver zones, but in the Gold ones it's rarer.
On the other hand soloing Dark Anchors is fun. :keke:

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Corpus Smegma posted:

Has anyone had problems getting disconnected? I can login for about five minutes then get disconnected for 'excessive spamming' error code 318 I think it was. For the record I dont send messages,so I figure its something on their end. Its a little annoying though. I couldnt stay logged in at all yesterday. I tried again today and got the same message. This is on ps4.

It's an issue with your connection to the server. If you lag, then all the client messages get sent to the server at once. It has nothing to do with you sending messages, just the data being sent from your game to the server.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/173858

Corpus Smegma
May 18, 2009

Glockenapfel posted:

It's an issue with your connection to the server. If you lag, then all the client messages get sent to the server at once. It has nothing to do with you sending messages, just the data being sent from your game to the server.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/173858

Oh ok, I'll look into it, thanks!

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

This is me being a horrible noob probably, but after coming back to the game I'm finding myself unable to handle 3 mobs at the same level as me at a time. My build is a nukey sorc with destro staff and most non-offense points into healing and resto staff for dungeons.

Do I have to respec summoner in order to solo efficiently? I hate summoning playstyles :sigh:

Snack
Mar 21, 2007

Magically Delicious.
Have you tried throwing a little Dark Magic in there? There's some good crowd control options in there that could help you without having to go full-on summoner.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Snack posted:

Have you tried throwing a little Dark Magic in there? There's some good crowd control options in there that could help you without having to go full-on summoner.

There's some dark magic stuff, yeah. If I get to CC the mobs and plan carefully I'm usually fine, but in some cases (quest events causing them to spawn/attack simultaneously) that's not possible and they 3 shot me before I can get them killed/cced.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Cuckoo posted:

This is me being a horrible noob probably, but after coming back to the game I'm finding myself unable to handle 3 mobs at the same level as me at a time. My build is a nukey sorc with destro staff and most non-offense points into healing and resto staff for dungeons.

Do I have to respec summoner in order to solo efficiently? I hate summoning playstyles :sigh:

What's your build, like ability wise? It should be easy to solo groups that big.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Man the respawn rates in Cyodiil delves for bosses is completely unforgivable. 2 hours of mindlessly clearing all enemies before the last boss appears? An hour for the same in another? Madness. It's the only straight up bad design I've seen so far in this game.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

What's your build, like ability wise? It should be easy to solo groups that big.

Can't post it because I'm at work, but when coming home I was thinking of following this guide: (He doesn't have an exact build, but recommended skills instead)

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/one-approach-to-leveling-a-magicka-based-sorcerer/

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Cuckoo posted:

Can't post it because I'm at work, but when coming home I was thinking of following this guide: (He doesn't have an exact build, but recommended skills instead)

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/one-approach-to-leveling-a-magicka-based-sorcerer/

Id drop curse for liquid lightning, and instead of the run speed morph of boundless storm go with the other one. For aoe grinding on my sorc I usually pop storm form, then liquid lightning on the group and run in using mages fury which will do aoe damage when a mob is killed. Having a pet out helps but isn't necessary. Overload for your ult will take care of anything over three mobs or if you get in trouble.

If you're on PC I'd gladly help craft you up a set of training gear.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

Id drop curse for liquid lightning, and instead of the run speed morph of boundless storm go with the other one. For aoe grinding on my sorc I usually pop storm form, then liquid lightning on the group and run in using mages fury which will do aoe damage when a mob is killed. Having a pet out helps but isn't necessary. Overload for your ult will take care of anything over three mobs or if you get in trouble.

If you're on PC I'd gladly help craft you up a set of training gear.

Thanks for the tips. Going to respec and implement them when I get home.

PC. That would be amazing, thanks. :) However, I might be too low to get any use out of gear (The Sorc is 35).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hey I think I remember you. Post your ingame @name and I'll get an invite tossed your way to the goon guilds. And I'll give you some pointers on sorc too.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Hey I think I remember you. Post your ingame @name and I'll get an invite tossed your way to the goon guilds. And I'll give you some pointers on sorc too.

That would be cool, thanks. @Rpena88 I think. Didn't ask for an invite because I assumed all the goon guilds were dead :(

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
you don't need pets to be a good sorcerer dd but what you do want (especially in pvp) is hardened ward. it effectively lets you burn magicka instead of health when things attack you
i find on my sorc dd that you need to just max the hell out of your magicka because everything you do (attacking, healing allies and survivability) depends on it. also spell crit, get that north of 40%, ideally 50% (use magelight). then keep power surge up and each time you crit you will get healed 40% of the damage. cast siphon spirit on bosses to get both magicka and health off them when you attack them. kill things with endless fury to get a major magicka kickback as mentioned. after you get that passive you can also use summoned creatures as a sort of jerry rigged magicka potion if you unsummon it or let it die when your magicka is down. volatile familiar is good because it also explodes so it's basically designed to be used for this purpose

really it's more of a general principle that as a dd you want to set up a feedback loop where doing damage helps you do more damage (and stay alive) and the sorcerer is unbeatable when it comes to doing damage with magicka and spell crit

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
it's funny how my sorcerer dd and nightblade healer have converged. i've got them in the same gear sets now, same weapons, similar crit level and attributes, but the sorcerer generates magicka by doing damage whereas the nightblade heals self and teammates. there are some boss fights in dungeons where i spent the whole fight playing like a dd (while keeping a force siphon up) because that alone was enough to keep the team healed

though that's with the ritual stone and 7 pieces of divines armour

vug fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jul 8, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Berke Negri posted:

My main is full magicka dps and usually uses a sword and shield for their first toolbar. Melee weapons give a big boost to your spell damage at expense to being able to regenerate magicka from heavy attacks/less optimal light attack weaving. To get the most you typically slot your "big" damage abilities/DoTs on your melee bar and have a staff of your choice on your second bar for your utility/rotation abilities.

How does this work? I'm pretty fuzzy on how damage is calculated, but it feels counterintuitive that your spells are boosted by melee weapons. (Also I assume spell damage refers to damage done by your magicka-based abilities?)

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
i assume they're talking about pierce armour (puncture morph) which lowers the target's armour and spell resistance

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Nope, dual wielding weapons will in fact increase your spell damage. I'll post a pic in a few minutes.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Snack posted:

Is there any point where Daedric Anchors are actually a fun thing to do? Lvl 28 right now and every time I encounter one it's me trying to find the actual mobs to target in a crowd of players that kill everything in 2 seconds.

Best place to fill up soul shards. Other than that they are boring af, unless you camp them out and take on the mobs that spawn the event.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

vug posted:

i assume they're talking about pierce armour (puncture morph) which lowers the target's armour and spell resistance

Dual wielding can give you some where to around 500 extra spell damage, which will determine how hard you hit with magicka based abilities. There are downsides, though, as I said before. This also why shield casting can be pretty good, as you get an extra equipment slot for infused you otherwise wouldn't have with a staff, and 200+ spell damage from your 1H weapon. Your light attacks will scale off weapon damage though, so that's another one of the downsides.

Lando Kardashian
Jul 11, 2007

pissidential

Corpus Smegma posted:

Also having this problem. Connection speeds are 10mbs+ but still getting disconnected after 5-10 minutes. I read the link Glocknapel posted and it looks like we are in limbo until it gets sorted out server side?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Cuckoo posted:

That would be cool, thanks. @Rpena88 I think. Didn't ask for an invite because I assumed all the goon guilds were dead :(

Invite sent.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Anyone in daggerfall a werewolf? Didn't realize people are selling bites, and I'm not forking over 10k or whatever.

bruno jarbridge
Jan 10, 2005
Can I get in on the werewolf bite chain? I'm in the PS4 EP Guilds as psn: badwooch.

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Okay well I don't know how many people still play this game but I just got it. I don't really have any idea on what to do but i'm thinking about making either a dunmer dragon knight or a bosmer nightblade. I'm pretty big into crafting in almost every game I play as well so i'll most likely be doing that too. My question is i heard there was some kind of pack that lets you be in any alliance with any race, is that pack worth it? Also are imperials super OP/should i get them too?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lunimeow posted:

My question is i heard there was some kind of pack that lets you be in any alliance with any race, is that pack worth it?

This is a question you're supposed to ask yourself, not other people. Do you care about playing races in different alliances or not?

As for the Imperials, all races have their uses and none are really OP.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
so can you reset your magick/health/stamina points down the road? I'm playing as a templar what is the most OP build and what should i be levelling thanks

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Vile posted:

so can you reset your magick/health/stamina points down the road? I'm playing as a templar what is the most OP build and what should i be levelling thanks

Yes you can reset stats/skills. Shrines are at your capital city's center (the capital city of the second zone of your faction).

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Well according to the OP there are guilds in the Ebonheart and Daggerfall alliances so if i want to make a woodelf I guess I would need it if I want to play with goons?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Lunimeow posted:

Well according to the OP there are guilds in the Ebonheart and Daggerfall alliances so if i want to make a woodelf I guess I would need it if I want to play with goons?

Are you playing on PC?

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Yeah i'm on PC

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Lunimeow posted:

Yeah i'm on PC

Then yeah, roll Pact for goon action. Get the explorer's pack indeed.

E: Also, drop your @name for a guild invite or PM @Scyantific, I'm on atm.

To any PC lowbies in EP, I have a level 5 Templar and a level 18 Dragonknight that need work. If you wanna group up and kill poo poo let me know either in here or ingame so we can go and murder stuff.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 9, 2015

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Is scamming legal in this game? Like sell a bite then bolt after someone gives you money?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

xxEightxx posted:

Is scamming legal in this game? Like sell a bite then bolt after someone gives you money?

I saw that happen while waiting to get bit and the mental image of a werewolf sprinting away from a guy after they whispered together conspiratorially and exchanged money will follow me to my deathbed.

I've heard other folks say it's against the rules but have no idea how they'd go about catching scammers. Can you imagine wading through player recordings?

e: talking ps4 here

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Okay my name is @Lunimeow_SA
Also on an unrelated note I made a character so i could get the explorers pack and it gave me items on that character i made... are they stuck there forever?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Lunimeow posted:

Okay my name is @Lunimeow_SA
Also on an unrelated note I made a character so i could get the explorers pack and it gave me items on that character i made... are they stuck there forever?

If in your bag, no. Just make a storage alt and stick them in that character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.

xxEightxx posted:

Zenimax appears to give zero fucks about bite scams. I keep seeing them happen.
Never EVER pay for a bite. Someone will randomly bite you, or you can get bit by a npc, or a guildmate could bite you.

Although I don't think any goons in daggerfall are werewolves. Most goons appear to be Ebonheart, including the werewolf bite crew (my :smugdog: babies).
You are welcome to join us over in ebonheart, the land of giant mushrooms, swamps, and mead-popsicles.

bruno jarbridge posted:

Can I get in on the werewolf bite chain? I'm in the PS4 EP Guilds as psn: badwooch.

If someone else in the crew don't bite you first, my next bite is up in about 3 days I think.

Scyantific could you update the OP with information about the PS4 goon guilds?
Black Cat and Associates - Ebonheart (most active goon faction)
Lusty Argonian Maid - Dominion

Zombie Defiler fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jul 9, 2015

• Locked thread