Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Rutgers chat is the new BBQ chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
What's the chance, during SEC media days next week, we get a strong narrative from ESPN about how the SEC should definitely get two teams into the playoff this year.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Thoguh posted:

What's the chance, during SEC media days next week, we get a strong narrative from ESPN about how the SEC should definitely get two teams into the playoff this year.

If the SEC has any teams in the playoffs it won't be due to media day, it will be based on some sort of conference championship game

This is assuming that Alabama will automatically get a spot

Spintzel fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 9, 2015

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I dunno, I think the narrative about conference representation in the playoffs this year is going to be more about which one deserves to be left out. Every week, whatever conference has the most embarrassing non-con losses and/or huge in-conference upsets is going to be definitively ruled out of playoff contention by ESPN sports writers. It's going to be like that week where Michigan State lost to Oregon and Ohio State lost to VT and all the commentators were all saying the Big 10 could never make the playoffs, except it'll last the entire season, totally ignoring the fact that a single upset in a conference championship game would totally change the playoff landscape.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I can't decide if my 2nd favorite part of last season was people being pissed over OSU getting the nod for the playoffs and looking dumbfounded when OSU won it all or the Big 12 looking cosmically stupid with 2 really good teams being left out.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

8 team playoff with conference champs would fix the getting left out part. Not even for a if you can't win your conference argument, but if we look at last year, Bama was SEC champ, Oregon was Pac12, FSU won the ACC, and OSU won the Big Ten. So you already had 4 out of the P5 represented. Tossing in the Big 12 and a few G5 schools isn't going to cheapen anything. I don't think that something like Bama/LSU is going to happen again where a team that got beat out is going to jump another team that won a conference championship, we have hopefully learned that lesson.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

kittenmittons posted:

Rutgers chat is the new BBQ chat.

The Enemies of Rutgers Athletics include, but are not limited to: you, me, some guy waiting in line at Burger King, Angela Merkel, His Majesty King Henry VIII, and the Dark Lord Sauron.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Rutgers is Shai'tan and everyone else is the Dragon. It is a battle that has happened countless times before and will happen countless times again. The Wheel weaves as it wills.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Rutgers is Shai'tan and everyone else is the Dragon. It is a battle that has happened countless times before and will happen countless times again. The Wheel weaves as it wills.

Okay that got me a bit.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
But I thought people were supposed to be afraid of Shai'tan. The only team that has anything to fear from mediocrity this year is Kansas. That must make Turner Gill Lews Therin.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
And MV thought there was nothing worse than Game of Thrones chat.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Grittybeard posted:

And MV thought there was nothing worse than Game of Thrones chat.

FSU is Goku

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Yeah nice try Master Roshi.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

The violence against women is superman.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Crotch Bat posted:

I can't decide if my 2nd favorite part of last season was people being pissed over OSU getting the nod for the playoffs and looking dumbfounded when OSU won it all or the Big 12 looking cosmically stupid with 2 really good teams being left out.

It was the SEC losing almost all of their Bowl Games for me (gently caress conference solidarity).

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

The violence against women is superman.

Mississippi State is Yamcha

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

KKKLIP ART posted:

When do we get to seal the bore

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

Mississippi State is Yamcha

Ugh god

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Is there something in DBZ where even if you get all the dragon balls and make a wish it won't come true because that's VT and the national title.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Thoguh posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the SEC doesn't have a team in the playoffs this year.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
It's going to be amazing when the SEC missing the playoffs ends up being the spark that gets the playoffs expanded to 6 or 8 teams with a "All P5 conference champs get a spot" clause.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

Is there something in DBZ where even if you get all the dragon balls and make a wish it won't come true because that's VT and the national title.

Shenron couldn't bring you back from the dead twice and that does explain VTs football situation.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
It's like Krillin. You could wish all you want that Krillin won't die but gently caress you he's gonna get it.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

FSU used the DragonBalls last year to make the Winston charges go away

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
What's even going on in that FSU QB video? Like the beginning of the altercation is just her specifically and purposely blocking him from getting to the bar? And then turning around and yelling at him and pushing him and him doing the same to her? Like I don't get what's happening. Did they know each other prior and this is just a continuation of an argument?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

limeincoke posted:

What's even going on in that FSU QB video? Like the beginning of the altercation is just her specifically and purposely blocking him from getting to the bar? And then turning around and yelling at him and pushing him and him doing the same to her? Like I don't get what's happening. Did they know each other prior and this is just a continuation of an argument?

He punched her in the face. That's what happened.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

swickles posted:

He punched her in the face. That's what happened.

oh ok thanks. I was just asking why she was intentionally moving into his way to block the bar and the altercation had to take place in the first place and if they knew each other beforehand. This isn't some victim blaming thing and I realize that by even questioning her actions at all that's what it seems ( obviously he was in the wrong in the end) but it's still a weird thing how she was going out of her way to do that.

limeincoke fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 9, 2015

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think the prevailing theory is she was going to order drinks and thought he pushed in front of her. Or the other way around and she got pissed at him when he complained and then she threw the ineffective punch.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

From the video, there really isn't much you can tell, other than he punched her in the face. Also, unless she pulls out a knife or something, any words written or spoken before "and then he punched her in the face" cease to be relevant.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Kim Jong Il posted:

So basically you only look at wins and losses and don't care about margin of victory. Flood is getting destroyed by mediocre teams while Schiano would lose in heartbreaking fashion due to stupid coaching mistakes, then send a ton of players to the NFL.

A loss is a loss.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Kim Jong Il posted:

So basically you only look at wins and losses and don't care about margin of victory. Flood is getting destroyed by mediocre teams while Schiano would lose in heartbreaking fashion due to stupid coaching mistakes, then send a ton of players to the NFL.

Yeah, Ron Zook was a great coach too.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kim Jong Il posted:

All I did was look at last year's schedule but Rutgers wasn't destroyed by any mediocre teams unless you count Nebraska mediocre

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

swickles posted:

Yeah, Ron Zook was a great coach too.

Juice Williams and a Rose Bowl baby

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Crotch Bat posted:

Ohio State winning didn't change that TCU should have been selected for that spot. There's nothing to be dumbfounded about.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Metapod posted:

All I did was look at last year's schedule but Rutgers wasn't destroyed by any mediocre teams unless you count Nebraska mediocre

It's because reality is an enemy of Rutgers athletics as well.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Thoguh posted:

Ohio State winning didn't change that TCU should have been selected for that spot. There's nothing to be dumbfounded about.

Except there's nothing that says they should have definitively gotten in over Ohio State except for your opinion. Even the old BCS formula had it the same way.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Rad Valtar posted:

Except there's nothing that says they should have definitively gotten in over Ohio State except for your opinion. Even the old BCS formula had it the same way.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Need to also link 0-0Horray.jpeg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

All the paper you can eat... That's the life.

• Locked thread