Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

blarzgh posted:

Get some of these for that chimney starter. You can get any brand, any store. Newspaper is for scrubs.

i was actually shocked how well it worked with just two sheets of newspaper. I've used it twice now, and got a full charcoal grill started with no fluid each time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

If you need anything more than newspaper and matches it is you who is the scrub blarzgh. So there.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Totally TWISTED posted:

If you need anything more than newspaper and matches it is you who is the scrub blarzgh. So there.

I use a splash of 200 proof alcohol. Burns plenty clean.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

I heart bacon posted:

I use a splash of 200 proof alcohol. Burns plenty clean.

waste of alcohol, you scrub

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Also, always use lump charcoal instead of briquettes. Burns way better and cleaner, and is reusable if it doesn't all burn up.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

blarzgh posted:

Get some of these for that chimney starter. You can get any brand, any store. Newspaper is for scrubs.

I've never had a problem with newspaper and I just get it for free when I stay at hotels. Paying for something to light your charcoal is for scrubs.

Also, seconding natural lump charcoal.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Newspaper works fine, sure - but with firestarter bricks there's no flakes or ashes blowing around, and its easier to light, and burns longer and more evenly, so you never have to re-light, doesn't smoke, doesnt care if its windy outside, and (if you're lighting your chimney down in the grill on the charcoal grate like me) you can light it and then fill it up, instead of fishing through the holes on the side.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Semi :nws:

A framed, glossy 24"x36" poster of:

Birthday gift for a co-worker.

screamname
Apr 6, 2015

ChocNitty posted:

I love this

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

ChocNitty posted:

you have a great co-worker.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

ChocNitty posted:

Do you guys work for the California Water District?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Do you guys work for the California Water District?

underrated.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
For the first time I can recall, The Tie Bar had a sale, so:

Referral link
Regular link

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Toast Museum posted:

For the first time I can recall, The Tie Bar had a sale, so:

Referral link
Regular link

I honestly want to know what the rest of the outfit looks like.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Same here. I have trouble picturing what kind of clothes you could actually pull off those ties with.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

RCarr posted:

Same here. I have trouble picturing what kind of clothes you could actually pull off those ties with.

Short sleeved white dress shirt would be my guess. For a splash of "style".

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The order certainly goes from decent to :psyduck:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

spog posted:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

spog posted:

RCarr posted:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Speakers. I doubled my budget but I was absolutely blown away.

:mrgw:

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

Great choice.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Can they blow women's cloths off?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

VendaGoat posted:

Tell yer mam to pop over and we'll find out :twisted:

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

spog posted:

Frankly, I didn't have any particular outfits in mind. I prefer short sleeves with bow ties, but that's not mandatory.

Easy to pair with brown, tan, or lighter blues. I've got a quarter-inch black/plum gingham it'll probably go with it. Nude pink or dusty rose should work too. Maybe coral

Pairs with tan, greens, cyan and other light blues. Some reds or oranges in the Fall.

Red or navy shirt, maybe emerald. Solid or small pattern. I've got a deep red with light tan dots that should go well.

This one will really depend on how it looks in person. Reds, oranges, and tans come to mind. White or grey in a pinch, as with all of these.

This one's easier. Should work with a variety of blues or reds, tan, brown, some pinks.

Lighter reds or red chambray, navy, other teals (there's enough white to break it up), coral, some pinks, fuchsia. I've got a black shirt with teal pinstripes that would go well.

Any solid or small-pattern shirt whose colors don't clash with black and white, really. Teal, coral, mustard, bright blues, purples/violets.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Another big rear end bean bag.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Tim Whatley posted:

Another big rear end bean bag.
I loving love my Yogibo. I have the slightly smaller big rear end bag and it's soooooooooo comfortable.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

SLOSifl posted:

I loving love my Yogibo. I have the slightly smaller big rear end bag and it's soooooooooo comfortable.

:hfive:

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

I had one that was stuffed with chunks of memory foam. My cat pissed on it, and I had to throw it away. I cut it open and stuffed all of the filling into big rear end trash bags. Good luck.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

mlnhd posted:

I had one that was stuffed with chunks of memory foam. My cat pissed on it, and I had to throw it away. I cut it open and stuffed all of the filling into big rear end trash bags. Good luck.

Your life is my life.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

mlnhd posted:

I already have one. It's not foam inside but fine non-absorbent beads.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

VendaGoat posted:

Calm down, Napster.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Bape Culture posted:

Like this?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Tell yer mam to pop over and we'll find out :twisted:

:golfclap:

Coffee And Pie posted:

Calm down, Napster.

Nice!

Just got a hotel room and tickets to the local beer fest. Here's the list...

http://www.pittsburghbeerfest.com/#!brewery-list-/cfug

Like 350 beers and all I have to do is walk half a mile to the venue and half a mile back. Oh I love these events.

VendaGoat has a new favorite as of 21:53 on Jul 10, 2015

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Dr. Light posted:

I'm interested to hear how this works out. I'm nearing the end of my paper filters and was thinking of trying out the mesh.

Really liking it, the mesh filter is so drat thin I am worried I am going to break it or bend it. Otherwise I am very happy with it and prefer it to the paper filters.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Really liking it, the mesh filter is so drat thin I am worried I am going to break it or bend it. Otherwise I am very happy with it and prefer it to the paper filters.

Good to hear! I'll have to order one.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Whoforthenwhat posted:

100% agree. The paper ones will occasionally slide free and unseat when you're pulling up the plunger, which essentially eliminates the filter from working at all, but the metal ones clamp into the bottom part of the cylinder and stay there. I've been using one for 3 or 4 weeks and so far all the minor annoyances of using the aeropress are gone. It filters great, is easily washable, stays in place, and only costs me money one time.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nm

UnfortunateSexFart has a new favorite as of 08:05 on Jul 13, 2015

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Realized I did not own a copy of this movie, and made sure to acquire a copy to rectify that situation.

and

being the primary reasons. Loves me some Fichtner :allears:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander has a new favorite as of 07:40 on Jul 11, 2015

Arrest that ass!
Sep 1, 2006

my deadlift personal record
Quad small

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Realized I did not own a copy of this movie, and made sure to acquire a copy to rectify that situation.

and

being the primary reasons. Loves me some Fichtner :allears:

I hope you got a chance to see it in 3D, the shots for it (like that coin scene) are amazingly gratuitous.