Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

Came to post this. I keep thinking who and what matches are going to be in. I'd like to see whole The Nation in and that match when Austin beats the shite out of them and stunners D'Lo on his truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Strap match with savio vega please

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Anything to give us a few guys who havent been available before. The rotate the same few guys.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MisterGBH posted:

Came to post this. I keep thinking who and what matches are going to be in. I'd like to see whole The Nation in and that match when Austin beats the shite out of them and stunners D'Lo on his truck.

Driving sim minigame where you have to handle a Zamboni through the cramped backstage area without running over Michael Cole or knocking down the metal poles they keep precariously leaning against the wall during hardcore matches for some reason.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Weird he dug up the title belt, instead of 50,000 copies of 2k15.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I was half expecting him to find Brad Maddox down there.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Weird. They JUST did an Attitude Era thing with Austin two years ago.

Maybe it's just an entire Austin career retrospective? Very unlikely, but it'd be cool to travel as Austin from WCW to ECW to WWE. It's not like they don't have the means to do so.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
You're gonna do the Austin vs Rock Mania matches again and you're going to like it!!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
The WWE Network exhausted me on the attitude era, no more please! Although if they give us Savio Vega it might be a good thing...

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

They should include his WCW stuff so we get Pillman. Also losing to Duggan in 20 seconds.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The career mode is just a simulation of him doing his podcast. Press X to tell a story about making GBS threads your pants.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Press L1 to make Ted faller run down and non-stop laugh at ringside

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
This would be my dream storyline involving Austin...

Before Austin 3:16
Chris Adams vs Stunning Steve Austin with Percy Pringle, USWA Rivalry Match
Stunning Steve Austin vs Bobby Eaton, WCW Television Championship Match
The Hollywood Blondes vs Ricky Steamboat and Shane Douglas, WCW World Tag Team Championship Match
Stunning Steve Austin vs Brian Pillman aka Hollywood Blondes Explode, WCW Clash of the Champions XXV

The Beginning of Attitude
Sting's Squadron vs Dangerous Alliance, WCW WrestleWar Wargames Match (as an excuse to add Wargames as a type)
Stunning Steve Austin vs Dustin Rhodes, Two out of Three Falls Match for the WCW United States Heavyweight Championship
Superstar Steve Austin vs The Sandman vs Mikey Whipwreck, ECW Heavyweight Championship Match (gotta tell the ECW part of the story)
The Ringmaster vs Matt Hardy, WWE Debut
The Ringmaster vs Savio Vega, Carribean Strap Match, aka lose on purpose to get rid of Ted Dibaise

I Just Whipped Your rear end
1996 King of the Ring, Austin 3:16 moment
1997 Royal Rumble, Cheat to Win
Stone Cold vs The Hart Foundation, Dude Love shows up to help
Stone Cold vs Mr. McMahon Steel Cage Match, Big Show's debut
Stone Cold vs The Rock, WrestleMania XV

What?
2001 Royal Rumble
Stone Cold vs The Rock, WrestleMania X-7
Two Man Power Trip vs Brothers of Destruction
Team WWE vs The Alliance , WWE InVasion 2001
Stone Cold vs Kurt Angle vs RVD, WWE No Mercy 2001

One More Round
Stone Cold vs Kurt Angle, Number 1 Contender Match, No Way Out 2002
Stone Cold vs Big Show and Ric Flair, WWE Judgement Day 2002
Stone Cold vs Scott Hall, Wrestlemania X-8
Stone Cold vs Eric Bischoff, No Way Out 2003
Stone Cold vs the Rock, Final Match

That'd be the way to do it.

Instead we're going to get every lame rear end match he had in his career.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No PC version confirmed, but PS3/360 are.

Snooze.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Sorry, bit stupid, but do you mean that there hasn't been confirmation of a PC version, or that it is confirmed that there will be no PC version?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nah, the phrasing goes both ways so I'm probably the dumb one here.

It's not listed in the platforms so the PC release will be super delayed like 2k15's was and that sucks big time.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Aurain posted:

Nah, the phrasing goes both ways so I'm probably the dumb one here.

It's not listed in the platforms so the PC release will be super delayed like 2k15's was and that sucks big time.

At least they used the gap in release dates to put out a perfectly optimized PC version!

Oh wait

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Press X to take the window, press Y to take the stairs.

I hope they include the Raw where he got hit by the car, which then segways into an Insurance Fraud minigame from Saints Row.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

e: whoops didn't see the follow up post

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I would like a WWE game's story mode to focus on the Big Three and the competition between them. Begin in the early 90s and span all the way through peak wrestling, the buyouts, and then end with the Invasion (though hopefully done better in the game version).

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
I hope it's an original storyline, like Austin chasing McMahon through time or Austin saving the planet from aliens.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

GB888 posted:

I hope it's an original storyline, like Austin chasing McMahon through time or Austin saving the planet from aliens.

That would be awesome.

Another good one, what could have been? Brock v Austin, Power Trip vs SES, Hollywood Blondes vs The Rockers, Superstar vs Stunning vs Stone Cold vs The Ringmaster, etc.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Oooof, just a showcase of Dream Matches would make an excellent "story mode" for future WWE games. Get the production team to do some professional-quality hype videos like the mashups everywhere on Youtube, even just make up a wholesale new storyline for the feud. They could even run fan polls to see which ones to include. Shame about the names that would be conspicuously absent, though.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

The Narrator posted:

Oooof, just a showcase of Dream Matches would make an excellent "story mode" for future WWE games. Get the production team to do some professional-quality hype videos like the mashups everywhere on Youtube, even just make up a wholesale new storyline for the feud. They could even run fan polls to see which ones to include. Shame about the names that would be conspicuously absent, though.

you just described WWE All Stars Fantasy Warfare matches

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Astro7x posted:

you just described WWE All Stars Fantasy Warfare matches

Welp, better take a look at it then. Cheers!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
What the heck is this

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Minidust posted:

What the heck is this

You can talk to people in your KOTR, why anyone would want to do that is beyond me.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

The Narrator posted:

They used to do this in the SvR series and it was great! Storylines that never happened in real life presented as all new ones. My favorite and really the only one I can honestly remember is Rey Mysterio and Undertaker as a tag team.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Aurain posted:

No PC version confirmed, but PS3/360 are.

Snooze.

just hearing they aren't ditching lastgen means all hope is pretty much null. Then again 2k15 was so loving bad I have zero faith in any wrestling game being good ever again. Everything from the shockingly limited creation tools to the mindbreaking awfulness of the "chain" system. the grapple system was fine in 2k14 and they hosed it up royal.

what's so hard from just copying the system No Mercy had

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Skunkrocker posted:

They used to do this in the SvR series and it was great! Storylines that never happened in real life presented as all new ones. My favorite and really the only one I can honestly remember is Rey Mysterio and Undertaker as a tag team.

Undertaker made zombies out of Finlay and Santino, Cena defend the troops and had a tag match with one against MVP's country Better-than-youtopia, a CAW one when you got turned into a woman and also had too wear a chicken suit are other great examples.

Diddums
Jan 31, 2014

Skunkrocker posted:

Are you thinking about the one where Mysterio got into a car accident and thought he and Swagger were jock-bros? I think that was in the same game as Edge & Christian's time machine.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

triplexpac posted:

You can talk to people in your KOTR, why anyone would want to do that is beyond me.

"I'm giving up on this KOTR, don't bother wasting your boosts on me, peace out"

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Just found out apparently Yukes has been listing the move known as Splash Mountain in the WWE Games as a Gory Bomb variant and I'm loving pissed about it because I've been calling the Splash Mountain the Gory Bomb for years now. gently caress you Yukes, gently caress you WWE.

EDIT

Just noticed this post

Diddums posted:

Are you thinking about the one where Mysterio got into a car accident and thought he and Swagger were jock-bros? I think that was in the same game as Edge & Christian's time machine.

No, it wasn't, it was the one where Triple H's storyline had you either reforming DX or reforming Evolution. SvR 09 I think

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jul 8, 2015

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Jericho solving a mystery of the masked attacker by interrogating Finley with the Walls; John Morrison winning a Battle Royal of druid; The Brian Kendrick going on a dinner date in his trunks.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

EDIT

Just noticed this post

No, it wasn't, it was the one where Triple H's storyline had you either reforming DX or reforming Evolution. SvR 09 I think

Rey tagged with Batista in that one. That's also the one with Taker turning Santino and Finlay into zombies, Jericho fighting masked guys(Finlay jobbed a lot in that game), and Cena beating up a nation of three people reliably and easily. And CM Punk winning the ECW title off of Elijah Burke and then beating the hell out of Taz.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I was pretty sure that was the one with Undertaker and Rey, didn't one of the SVR games have Taker Rey as a tag team? Man did I hallucinate it? That's fucky.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Why cookie Rocket posted:

"I'm giving up on this KOTR, don't bother wasting your boosts on me, peace out"

in theory this is a good use for it but I imagine that anyone receiving that sort of message will just think you're trying to trick them and boost up anyway

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

no talk about candice michelle using her wand to turn you into a woman, shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
As clunky and buggy and uncreative as the games would get, the story modes at least had some uniqueness and insanity in them that made them worth playing.

I think WWE 12 is where it got serious again and it was the worst story mode I'd ever played.