Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Thyrork posted:

Working my way though the game for the first time, oh my god I'm in love with Midgardsormr's voice. :allears:

different voice actor in the expansion :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Wait, wait, wait. There's hellfishing now?!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Intoluene posted:

I thought you wrote helifishing at first and I can't decide which is better, fishing in the fires of hell or fishing from the back of your {fat chocobo}.

I'll never be satisfied either way, now. :(

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Pierson posted:

oh my god

this thread right now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5KfV6huc9M

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Intoluene posted:

Hellfishing and fishing in chemical spills.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ilifinicus posted:

Clicking teleports has been in since June 5th, 2014

you guys :sigh:
... :shrug:

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Holyshoot posted:

No, because unlike WoW there is more to do in this game besides raid.
Did they actually announce they were working on PvP?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

vanbags posted:

Not recently that I can remember no, but expect it to happen sometime.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Speaking of PvP, how long would it take to get to rank 45 if i'm rank 20 now? I kinda want that glowy-rear end DRK sword.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
Just got Stone III, oh man it is AWESOME.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

kirbysuperstar posted:

I thought it was size dependant, powerful for larger fish, precision for smaller but honestly I have no clue.

But how do you know which is which, is my problem.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Yay I'm finally at Heavensward!

The opening cutscene really feels like the beginning to a 2nd movie. Like Heavensward is the 2nd of three acts, and the 2nd act is the one where everything goes to poo poo and our heroes are at their lowest point. I'd almost be okay with them gating the content in the next expansion too, just to make it a trilogy. Heavensward is the Empire Strikes Back and whatever the next thing is is Return of the Jedi.

Well, the story content. They should include a few new areas and let you get the jobs from the get-go, at least. Locking that out was pretty lame. But you need to beat Heavensward to do the actual story. That sounds fair to me.

Also Square-Enix seems to make play arts kai figures of everything except for actual Final Fantasy characters. I would loving kill for a little Raubahn action figure because he is the most badass dude ever.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

vanbags posted:

There's going to be a new, level 60 Frontlines map in 3.05. Presumably they will add a level 60 version of Wolves Den as well.

They will still be pointless and terrible.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

I regret talking to the NPC to unlock pvp.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
pvp is cool and fun and good and p much the biggest barrier to enjoying it is the fact no one queues for it because everyone just says it's bad

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Gammatron 64 posted:

Also Square-Enix seems to make play arts kai figures of everything except for actual Final Fantasy characters. I would loving kill for a little Raubahn action figure because he is the most badass dude ever.

PAK is the only thing at Square that Nomura seems to want to consistently work on so I hope this becomes the case

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Rei_ posted:

PAK is the only thing at Square that Nomura seems to want to consistently work on so I hope this becomes the case

I need a Raubahn action figure with a spring loaded launching arm

I would kill for Raubahn, Hildebrand, Shantotto, Prishe, or literally anyone from FF6. Or motherfucking Gilgamesh. Nomura, please make toys of your own franchise instead of making dumb looking Batmen

It kinda stinks that when it comes to merchandise, SE pretends that 1-6 and the MMOs don't exist (because those are my favorite ones :smith:).

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Gammatron 64 posted:

I need a Raubahn action figure with a spring loaded launching arm

I would kill for Raubahn, Hildebrand, Shantotto, Prishe, or literally anyone from FF6. Or motherfucking Gilgamesh. Nomura, please make toys of your own franchise instead of making dumb looking Batmen

It kinda stinks that when it comes to merchandise, SE pretends that 1-6 and the MMOs don't exist (because those are my favorite ones :smith:).

Seconding this. Especially for Gilgamesh. It hurt my wallet that I had to pay almost out the rear end for one of the only Gilgamesh figures that's been professionally done.

(Got one for about 70$'s)

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
My Goblin guild is so good, I get to hear how fracture is good and dps should use macros.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fracture is good on Paladins, monks, and warriors.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Or at least used to be. I dunno about monks at 60.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Fracture is good on Paladins

Not at 60.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

On the subject of "But the community was so much better in FFXI!", the reason why a lot of people probably think this is because the gameplay in FFXI was so non-existent that during combat, especially while leveling, you generally had enough time to type out a few full sentences before you actually had to provide any actual input. In this game's analogue to the leveling party involves pressing a shitton of buttons without much pause for 20-40 minutes, so people generally don't talk as much in DF dungeons.

So what I'm saying is, something people bring up as one of FFXI's good points is actually just more evidence of why the game was bad.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

With royal authority now it seems you're right. That combo averages out 230 potency per GCD. Prior to 60, though, it's still a DPS boost.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
What is the current DPS parser to use?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

With royal authority now it seems you're right. That combo averages out 230 potency per GCD. Prior to 60, though, it's still a DPS boost.

If you've got enough skill speed to get your GCD down to 2.4, then you can squeeze in an extra weaponskill before you need to refresh Goring Blade. Of course using Fracture there is a good way to run out of TP fast. You're probably better of getting a Shield Swipe in while tanking, or just clipping the DOT while offtanking.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Calling it now: Savage will drop items to enhance your "Story mode" gear. I am so looking forward to the tears from the "I only log in to raid for 5 minutes a week and I refuse to do anything else" crowd :smug:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
MMOs rarely have multiple things just as good as raiding ever. You want more you gotta roleplay or talk to people.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

If you've got enough skill speed to get your GCD down to 2.4, then you can squeeze in an extra weaponskill before you need to refresh Goring Blade. Of course using Fracture there is a good way to run out of TP fast. You're probably better of getting a Shield Swipe in while tanking, or just clipping the DOT while offtanking.

I think, but I'm not sure, that skill speed scaling got changed.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Of course it did, otherwise people would be hitting things a lot faster than they currently are. That doesn't change what I said though?

Logicone
Nov 3, 2012

Fur proud service to ze Axis, I hereby avard myself und mein subordinates ze Better zan Herp Ribbon!

You get ze ribbon! Und YOU get ze ribbon! EVERYONE gets ze ribbon!

Except Herp. Arschloch.

Intoluene posted:

Hellfishing, thankfully, actually looks about as cool as you'd think it would. Aetherfishing, as it's called for chemical spills, just leaves you wondering why you'd go fishing there at all.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

Of course it did, otherwise people would be hitting things a lot faster than they currently are. That doesn't change what I said though?

It might not be as easy to get under 2.4 as it once was. Maybe not, because I'm still accidentally hitting some skillspeed breakpoints on Warrior, but if you're not wearing Strength gear it might not be convenient.

The point is you're right and Fracture is really TP inefficient off-Warrior

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I never liked Fracture as a cross class skill because it's really TP inefficient and everyone (except PLD) has something better than it. Even then I prefer taking Foresight/Bloodbath/Mercy Stroke on my PLD.

Never used fracture, never regretted it (even in Coil.)

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Has anyone figured out the lyrics for the Alex boss theme, and also for the A4 fight?

God I love the way the lyrics kick in when you pull the A4 boss.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

It might not be as easy to get under 2.4 as it once was. Maybe not, because I'm still accidentally hitting some skillspeed breakpoints on Warrior, but if you're not wearing Strength gear it might not be convenient.

The point is you're right and Fracture is really TP inefficient off-Warrior

It takes 619 skill speed to hit 2.4 GCD. That's not just easy to do, it's almost unavoidable.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Line Feed posted:

Has anyone figured out the lyrics for the Alex boss theme, and also for the A4 fight?

This is probably the most complete attempt I've seen so far, from over on reddit.

Gearhead fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jul 9, 2015

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Line Feed posted:

They should just go full MGR hog and make it fully dynamic: lyrics kick in whenever Alexander jumps back in or when it gets stunned.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm about to finally hit the HW content. I heard they switched up all the voice actors, is the English dub actually good now? Or should I just leave it on japanese so at least im not cringing through every cutscene.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Boten Anna posted:

Calling it now: Savage will drop items to enhance your "Story mode" gear. I am so looking forward to the tears from the "I only log in to raid for 5 minutes a week and I refuse to do anything else" crowd :smug:

Don't worry, in 3.1 they'll take the loot restriction off Alex NM so you can just grind it out in an afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Zaggitz posted:

I'm about to finally hit the HW content. I heard they switched up all the voice actors, is the English dub actually good now? Or should I just leave it on japanese so at least im not cringing through every cutscene.

The VA got better during the 2.x patches because they had more time, and is even better in Heavensward because there's no Minfilia.

• Locked thread