Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RanKizama posted:

I miss Port. :(

The map did not have much going for it. Arty had one of two spots to be CB the second they fire, Heavy and slow mediums had two spots they could do and fast mediums/lights/suicidal pubbies had 4 or 5. The problem with the map is that it was limited in possibilities.

With that being said, I do miss port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Jack_tripper posted:

the most galling thing is after 4 years there still hasn't been a mapmaking contest; for a couple thousand gold wg would no doubt get hundreds of entries better than the poo poo their devs churn out

If they can't design maps, how do you expect them to judge them?

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

xthetenth posted:

If they can't design maps, how do you expect them to judge them?

make the gold league winning team judge the contest

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Jack_tripper posted:

make the gold league winning team judges

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Why do I have a mental image of chai working super hard just so they can get maps in with bullshit camping spots?

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Is it just me or is it incredibly difficult to get Overlord? I've played that map literally 3 times since the update.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Subyng posted:

Is it just me or is it incredibly difficult to get Overlord? I've played that map literally 3 times since the update.

I get it way too often.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I've gotten Overlord map twice since it came out....................................................................................................... I'm not even exaggerating here. Two loving bullshit times.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Agrajag posted:

I've gotten Overlord map twice since it came out....................................................................................................... I'm not even exaggerating here. Two loving bullshit times.

I'm at like 3, the last time I got to explore more of it and liked what I saw for the most part.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Jack_tripper posted:

the most galling thing is after 4 years there still hasn't been a mapmaking contest; for a couple thousand gold wg would no doubt get hundreds of entries better than the poo poo their devs churn out

Overlord is great though - hopefully we can get more maps like it.

If you don't like Prokhorovka it's because you're either bad at spotting mechanics or (if you're in a brick with no camo at all) it's because your team doesn't have anyone that's good at spotting mechanics (never play without a platoon). It's pretty much spotting mechanics: the map and platoons of good mediums (or good TD's+good scout platoons) tend to be incredibly dominating on it.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 8, 2015

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TheFluff posted:

Overlord is great though - hopefully we can get more maps like it.

If you don't like Prokhorovka it's because you're either bad at spotting mechanics or (if you're in a brick with no camo at all) it's because your team doesn't have anyone that's good at spotting mechanics (never play without a platoon). It's pretty much spotting mechanics: the map.

Are there usually goons (or at least not terrible pubbies) on the PBKAC TS server that is listed in post#2 of the thread? Because playing in platoons is great, when you actually have people to play with.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Bort Bortles posted:

Are there usually goons (or at least not terrible pubbies) on the PBKAC TS server that is listed in post#2 of the thread? Because playing in platoons is great, when you actually have people to play with.

No idea, I play on EU.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Subyng posted:

I've seen it just once. I've also seen Stalingrad three or four times. Plenty of El Halluf though.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Bort Bortles posted:

I don't know if anybody that posts in the thread still plays this game. Did you try the in-game goons channel?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

I don't know if anybody that posts in the thread still plays this game. Did you try the in-game goons channel?
Figures. And no I've been too lazy because it was always poo poo in the past. But I will bother since I seem to actually be interested in playing with goons.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Bort Bortles posted:

Figures. And no I've been too lazy because it was always poo poo in the past. But I will bother since I seem to actually be interested in playing with goons.

Well to give you a real answer, there are still goons that play in PBKAC, but part of their TS is closed off because of clan wars secrets. All the goons are in different clans now too, so unless your friends list is big the goons channel is the best bet.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516406&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

This is the pw thread.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Hey hellsau how did that map tactics for Overlord work out?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Well to give you a real answer, there are still goons that play in PBKAC, but part of their TS is closed off because of clan wars secrets. All the goons are in different clans now too, so unless your friends list is big the goons channel is the best bet.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516406&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

This is the pw thread.
Yup, thanks, figures I just found it in the crowded op. There are a couple goons in the channel, too :v:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So I found the trick to playing the AMX 30p - Take 4 1/2 hours to drive home and drink Fosters out of a Christmas mug.

Can someone upload this as a WMV/MP4? I cant record for poo poo.

Bonus Picture:

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/2007295#redshire-mesadoram-amx_30_1er_prototype

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Upload it yourself, you loving Warpacker.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

WayAbvPar posted:

Upload it yourself, you loving Warpacker.

I tried to! But it came out like hot poo poo. My computer is a potato with a mother board.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

oh poo poo i've been in a match with that guy, he started melting down about warpacks after someone killed him and after i made a joke he started saying i used it too because its impossible to get stats that high without cheating

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Jack_tripper posted:

They had one where you had to draw a map concept and you'd win gold and maybe they'd implement it. I doubt it went anywhere.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Mesadoram posted:

So I found the trick to playing the AMX 30p - Take 4 1/2 hours to drive home and drink Fosters out of a Christmas mug.

I can tell you're not Australian since no Australian drinks that.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I only have like 2 battles in the 30p, and I think it has a lot of promise. The gun hits like a freight train, I got some hilarious fluke bounces, and it has some speed. It was what I was hoping the Leopard Proto would be, since you can actually depress the gun too. If you get a 7-9 match, the tank simply cleaves through ANYTHING you come across.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Chillyrabbit posted:

Hey hellsau how did that map tactics for Overlord work out?

What the contest? I got 5k gold. Three people had actual good stuff they put effort into that they submitted after I submitted my entry and rightly won.

I just wanted the Type 59 but I guess free gold never hurt.

Mesadoram posted:

Can someone upload this as a WMV/MP4? I cant record for poo poo.

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/2007295#redshire-mesadoram-amx_30_1er_prototype

Do you actually want an MP4 or just want it on youtube?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

Do you actually want an MP4 or just want it on youtube?

Basically just want to upload it to my YouTube page. Idk why but since I moved to this new apartment my computer runs like poo poo when I try to remember record.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

Basically just want to upload it to my YouTube page. Idk why but since I moved to this new apartment my computer runs like poo poo when I try to remember record.

Welp I'll set it to record while I make breakfast and then figure out how to upload it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I can't believe you guys had Comet chat without me what the hell

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesa, I'm uploading a great big .MP4 to Mega. It'll be done in two hours and you can do whatever you want with it then. Also there's like 13 minutes of "replay complete" at the end cause I walked away, edit it out yourself mate.

NTRabbit posted:

I can't believe you guys had Comet chat without me what the hell

I'm more than happy to talk about my love for the Comet as the best tier 7 but only to argue with myself and claim the VK3002D is actually the best tier 7.

e: Yo Mesa, enjoy a sexy video of yourself. Again there's a whole bunch of blank video at the end but I'm too lazy to edit it myself.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 9, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

Mesa, I'm uploading a great big .MP4 to Mega. It'll be done in two hours and you can do whatever you want with it then. Also there's like 13 minutes of "replay complete" at the end cause I walked away, edit it out yourself mate.
e: Yo Mesa, enjoy a sexy video of yourself. Again there's a whole bunch of blank video at the end but I'm too lazy to edit it myself.

Thank you so much man. I can edit it when I get home :unsmith:

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
In my search for a decent clan that is active in strongholds (with reasonable requirements for joining) I have come across FOXEY. Since I know nothing about them, does anyone have any feedback on them or their members? Are they insufferable pubbies like the furry/anime clans?

What about -W-W-? I saw Rothmog joined them and they seem to have reasonably active strongholds.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

CompeAnansi posted:

In my search for a decent clan that is active in strongholds (with reasonable requirements for joining) I have come across FOXEY. Since I know nothing about them, does anyone have any feedback on them or their members? Are they insufferable pubbies like the furry/anime clans?

What about -W-W-? I saw Rothmog joined them and they seem to have reasonably active strongholds.

I am sure they are fine if you like dressing up in a vole costume and getting hosed in the rear end.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Wasn't that insufferable botting guy in FOXEY?

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
What the gently caress is warpack/warpacking?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

M.C. McMic posted:

What the gently caress is warpack/warpacking?

warpack.net

It's just a collection of mostly lovely 'illegal' mods. Only a couple would be very useful and all of them are only cheats in the sense that they give you access to more/better information than you'd normally have. None of them can make you auto pen all tanks or anything.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

CompeAnansi posted:

warpack.net

It's just a collection of mostly lovely 'illegal' mods. Only a couple would be very useful and all of them are only cheats in the sense that they give you access to more/better information than you'd normally have. None of them can make you auto pen all tanks or anything.

Shitlords who don't understand how to play the game because they are:

A) Mentally retarded
B) Just mildly mentally retarded
C) Just don't have a loving clue what they are doing

Assume that if you do well you are cheating. Good players do not exist, only cheaters.

There are a shocking amount of these people too.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mesadoram posted:

Shitlords who don't understand how to play the game because they are:

A) Mentally retarded
B) Just mildly mentally retarded
C) Just don't have a loving clue what they are doing

Assume that if you do well you are cheating. Good players do not exist, only cheaters.

There are a shocking amount of these people too.
Yes but I am the best player. There is no way someone else is better, therefore they must be cheating!

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
of course there are goons in this very thread who cheat with red dot and hedge clipper etc so it's not like pubbie paranoia is completely unfounded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
While using stuff like that absolutely is a oval office thing to do, the simple fact that everything meaningful is done server side is the reason I play this game. With all of the frustration and bullshit, at least it doesn't have the corrosive paranoia that goes hand in hand with other online games.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 9, 2015