Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oh my god, thank you. I muted it on the stream because I thought "eh, this one looks dull" and Colbert just falls apart.

We're still in the gay-as-punchline era, though, although they seem to be stumbling toward a more positive direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Dolash posted:

Oh my god, thank you. I muted it on the stream because I thought "eh, this one looks dull" and Colbert just falls apart.

We're still in the gay-as-punchline era, though, although they seem to be stumbling toward a more positive direction.

That bit was PC enough for today considering the issue was the reporting of it not the gayness of it. I STAND BY THAT JOKE.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Paris Hilton sextape? It was that long ago? Goddamn.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

This loaded up into that Mountain Dew ad and for a moment I thought that was the joke

Syjefroi
Oct 6, 2003

I'll play it first and tell you what it is later.

Dolash posted:

A few months ago in the show, Jon told a joke about a NYC LGBT high school being the "Fighting Flamers" and the audience didn't like it, so things are moving forward haha.

Also where the show is now is the start of my college life - somehow Schick got my address and mailed me a Quatro haha.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

beerneck.com is still online. :allears:

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Don't Have Negative Thoughts

Pillbug

Syjefroi posted:

A few months ago in the show, Jon told a joke about a NYC LGBT high school being the "Fighting Flamers" and the audience didn't like it, so things are moving forward haha.

Also where the show is now is the start of my college life - somehow Schick got my address and mailed me a Quatro haha.

Gillette mailed me a Mach 3 around the same time.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Ollu posted:

Gillette mailed me a Mach 3 around the same time.

I was just explaining to my girlfriend Mach 3 did the same thing to us but I have no idea how they got my address cause I moved around a lot :psyduck:

Syjefroi
Oct 6, 2003

I'll play it first and tell you what it is later.

Delsaber posted:

beerneck.com is still online. :allears:

"The BeerNeck recently appeared on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" lol

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Don't Have Negative Thoughts

Pillbug

Veskit posted:

I was just explaining to my girlfriend Mach 3 did the same thing to us but I have no idea how they got my address cause I moved around a lot :psyduck:

It happened shortly after I signed up for Selective Service, so it might have something to do with that.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Gilette and Schick both buy marketing lists and send razors out to 18 year old boys to get them hooked on the cartridge business model early.

Also: holy poo poo I can't believe the Kobe trial was that long ago either

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Peter Dinklage!

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

The Station Agent is a good movie if you haven't seen it by the way.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

"Hey Peter Dinklage, what are you going to be in next?"

"You know... theater and stuff."

Station Agent is really good. It's neat to see him on the Daily Show pre-GoT.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I think that lady has hung herself in a modern society of unkempt hair everywhere.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
haha holy poo poo talking about Robert Durst now that we know he actually did it

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
And Durst has still not been brought to justice. :smith:

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Off to bed please post all good links like when Dean makes his final cry. Please and thank you!

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Holy poo poo, John Kerry on that motorcycle. :stare:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
If I wasn't tired enough of Seinfeld. Blech.

Hiigaran0
Sep 8, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

If I wasn't tired enough of Seinfeld. Blech.

Seinfeld owns (even if that ad sucked)

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Is this the first mention of the Colbert Report?

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Mayor Dave posted:

I was just coming here to ask that!

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Mayor Dave posted:

nope, it's not the first time they've shown that

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Sacramento slam!

So true though.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Brendan Fraser what happened to you

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
wow this movie

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
:wtc:

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

dreffen posted:

Brendan Fraser what happened to you

hah, what do you mean? his fall off from incino man?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

bunky posted:

hah, what do you mean? his fall off from incino man?

The Mummy movies were pretty good. Seemed like he was doing well there for a while and then just managed to fall off with stuff like Bedazzled.

Witty Banter
Apr 1, 2009

Dolash posted:

Just because homosexuality is the subject of a joke doesn't mean it's the butt of the joke. Like, acceptance doesn't mean you don't tell any jokes about it period because of people's feelings.

Greaseman
Aug 12, 2007
"You don't run if you're not ready to stay in office" he says to Stephen Colbert, who would later do just that.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

So interesting to see Hannity & Colmes before Hannity went off the rails post-Obama.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

EDIT: I was so wrong. I'm sorry, Charlie.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jul 9, 2015

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wow this movie

I actually saw it. It's worse than you can imagine.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

El Gallinero Gros posted:

How far away are you guys from my favorite Daily Show moment, where Jon Stewart absolutely nails Jim Cramer to the wall and Cramer just sits there and offers tired excuse after tired excuse?

Gravel Gravy posted:

Was just wondering this. It's such a watershed moment.
I looked it up a few days ago when it was brought up before. I was able to watch TDS on the reg from 2001 through 2004 but after that only sporadically, so I totally missed the event when it aired. So I punched in "Jim Cramer" on TDS website and put together a collection that builds towards the interview on March 12 2009. You could wait until it airs in the stream, but you won't see the extended interview, which is about 8 minutes longer than the broadcast version.

So if you want to take a break from the stream for an episode or two, here you go.

CNBC Financial Advice
3•4•2009 (8:29)

Moment of Zen - Mad Money
3•4•2009 (0:21)

In Cramer We Trust
3•9•2009 (5:04)

Moment of Zen - Jim Cramer's Advice
3•9•2009 (0:21)

Basic Cable Personality Clash Skirmish '09
3•10•2009 (8:57)

Moment of Zen - Anchor War
3•10•2009 (0:10)

jim Cramer Battle
3•11•2009 (2:19)

Colbert Tease - Betting on Jim Cramer
3•11•2009 (0:55)

Intro - Brawl Street: Get Ready to Buy Low! And Sell Die
3•12•2009 (0:57)

Bern After Pleading
3•12•2009 (3:54)

Jim Cramer Extended Interview part 1
3•12•2009 (5:57)

Jim Cramer Extended Interview part 2
3•12•2009 (8:21)

Jim Cramer Extended Interview part 3
3•12•2009 (8:34)

Moment of Zen - Martha Stewart Loves Jon Stewart
3•12•2009 (0:09)

I'd also like to take this opportunity to express my adoration of the way they used The Daily Show logo on the set for the bumps.

I miss the old show, where they gave it room to breathe. Now it's just SLAM to commercial SLAM back from commercial. Your attention span is measured with a micrometer! I'm old

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Eva Mendez will always have a place in my heart for producing John Wick.
Uh...

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Corddry report is still quite applicable in 2015 w/r/t Bernie Sanders.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Haha, poo poo.

Eva Mendez still rules though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Zell Miller isn't anything like Will Forte's impression of him. I guess he just lost his poo poo at the 2004 RNC.

• Locked thread