Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

quadrophrenic posted:

I loving adore the flophouse but it really is a show about singing long irritating songs like that one

He actually very rarely sings songs anymore. The songs are treated in a similar way to sad-libs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

SpacePig posted:

That said, Loren Bouchard breaking down the Bob's Burgers theme was fantastic.
Well, I know what I'm listening to during my flight later on.

Silentman0 posted:

Is that the with the guy with the voice? You know, the one where if it was an impression of somebody else it would be incredibly offensive?
I assumed by this you meant whichever one has the guy who sounds like he actually lives in a bayou swamp. I was genuinely confused that the ad didn't seem to talk about the wacky voice impersonations they do.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Scudworth posted:

Have to reevaluate listening to this show on my way to work, cackled out loud during the Cheeseburger To Paradise song on a dead silent commuter train. Faked a coughing fit too late, fooling no one. I can never sit in that train car again.

Just explain to them that you were laughing about Jimmy Buffett eating a cheese tampon.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Ladies and Gentlemen, our next contender: from Capetown, South Africa, weighing in at 125 pounds, Gaia's Disgrace himself...

CHRISTOPHER CHRISTOPHER CHRISTOPHER CHRISTOPHER!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Ariong posted:

Ladies and Gentlemen, our next contender: from Capetown, South Africa, weighing in at 125 pounds, Gaia's Disgrace himself...

Rock the Dwayne's stoic face as they visit all manner of horrors upon his flesh, wow.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ariong posted:

I'm sorry, who?

Anyway my favorite new addition to the WWE roster is Christopher Christopher "The Pebble" Christopher Christopher.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I'm sorry, are you referring to Christopher Christopher "Dwayne 'The Pebble' Johnson" Christopher Christopher?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
RIP Brock Lesnar. :( at least he can't eat the word "ham" again

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
It was so nice to see The Rock come to love his baby boy

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
A Daniel Taste™

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Sawbones is a lot more mellow than I expected but good.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

TheFallenEvincar posted:

RIP Brock Lesnar. :( at least he can't eat the word "ham" again

The ham joke was loving inspired

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Crindee posted:

A Daniel Taste™

Oooooooooo mommy!

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Gann Jerrod posted:

If I had to point to any one reason why I stopped listening to Bunker Buddies, it was when Andie said that she was an Indigo Child, based off an online test that she took.

Really the only memory I have from Bunker Buddies is "drat, Travis is right, I should befriend Theatre People." If what he said in that podcast was true, Travis was far more handy and skilled than I ever imagined.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I think Justin and Griffin did an AMA where they said that Travis was the only one of them with any real skills, and could tear them both apart with his bare hands

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
In one of the donor-only episodes, Justin and Griffin comment that they're jealous of Travis' skills, and how he'll be the only one who survives the fall of society, while the other two will be the first with their backs against the wall.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I feel sorry for the brothers having to listen to their dad talk dirty to a plant.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Clint is honestly incredible. I wish he will guest in other McElroy podcasts as well, even if just in donor episodes or a brief segment.

Unrelated, but does anyone's Awful app show text as weird boxes when making posts?

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
I hate to be jumping on the "Bunker Buddies" hate train, but I haven't listened in ages because it just wasn't that interesting. I just finished listening to an episode of The Flophouse and the very end was an ad for Bunker Buddies. Andy ends it by going "Byeeee" in this super-nasal, piercing voice and it's terrible to me.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

He actually very rarely sings songs anymore. The songs are treated in a similar way to sad-libs.
The most recent episode, he actually grinds them down and they tell him to seriously knock it off. That being said I think the Flophouse is pretty much always solid and the songs don't bother me.

Ignoranus posted:

I hate to be jumping on the "Bunker Buddies" hate train, but I haven't listened in ages because it just wasn't that interesting. I just finished listening to an episode of The Flophouse and the very end was an ad for Bunker Buddies. Andy ends it by going "Byeeee" in this super-nasal, piercing voice and it's terrible to me.
Bunker Buddies is difficult to like and it's almost entirely because of Travis (or anyone) refusing to rein in Andie. She is not always annoying but when she is, hoo boy. As far as her general weird upbringing and views I'd say that's not really the show's biggest problem and is probably appropriate given it's effectively prepper-chat.

It's her "byeee" and "pew-pew-pew" poo poo that seems like she might think it's semi-ironic but irony doesn't matter when it's annoying either way. She might also do (those) annoying things when she's nervous, which, fine, but they're now like 30 episodes in. It's about as bad as someone who constantly says "uh" or "um" and never gets better.

I feel bad for her in a sense and I'm uncomfortable with the hate train but they really need a director or editor to tell her to knock off with the annoying poo poo.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Justin and Griffin's most recent overview of the Oculus game I Expect You To Die is great and also best viewed cross-eyed on an iPhone.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
When I crossed my eyes it made far away things float in front of closer things. Trying to cross my eyes the other way just made it a blurry mess.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Poopy Palpy posted:

When I crossed my eyes it made far away things float in front of closer things. Trying to cross my eyes the other way just made it a blurry mess.
Ah, too bad. Seems like a really great sailboat simulator.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Kenny Logins posted:

Justin and Griffin's most recent overview of the Oculus game I Expect You To Die is great and also best viewed cross-eyed on an iPhone.

Here it is for the lazy peeps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3ILn8HbxZs

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
RRRATATA

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Happy Birthday! Here's a hole!

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Happy Birthday! Here's a hole!

This episode was awesome.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Latest Things I Bought At Sheetz is pretty great. Is it just me or do the credits get longer an longer each time?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Working my way through all of this, here's a gem you might have forgotten.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09bCntF3UnM

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Kenny Logins posted:

Latest Things I Bought At Sheetz is pretty great. Is it just me or do the credits get longer an longer each time?

If there's any justice in the world, more people are tweeting about TIBAS, and the credits are a list of people who've tweeted about it.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Poopy Palpy posted:

If there's any justice in the world, more people are tweeting about TIBAS, and the credits are a list of people who've tweeted about it.
I hope so too, but they could also be speeding up the scroll of the list. Youtube does have the ability to easily play at slower speeds for people looking for their name.

I could tweak the playspeed myself but then I'd miss the sick chiptune theme remix.

e: I guess a faster credit scroll would give less time for the theme remix. I have complicated feelings about TIBAS. But the 1-minute plus credit time just seemed like too much.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Working my way through all of this, here's a gem you might have forgotten.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09bCntF3UnM
I've worked my way through the archive and I missed this one somehow I think. Great pull.

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jul 8, 2015

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Since this is sort of evolved into the de facto Maximum Fun thread, a couple other observations about related podcasts:

1) I only seem to enjoy the docket-clearing episodes of Judge John Hodgman anymore.

2) Stop Podcasting Yourself is pretty drat solid even now, and the interstitial jingles never fail to crack me up.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
That time I need to choose between SPY and MBaMBaM when I donate to MaxFun was the hardest entertainment-related choice I've ever had.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
I wish there was some amount of money I could give to get The Adventure Zone weekly.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
There's an exciting guest appearance on today's very special Things I Bought At Sheetz! I love this show and look forward to seeing more guests and plot development as the TIBAS-verse expands. I also love the great recommendations for my daily Sheetz trips!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodXtAkwtq0

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Puella Magissima posted:

There's an exciting guest appearance on today's very special Things I Bought At Sheetz! I love this show and look forward to seeing more guests and plot development as the TIBAS-verse expands. I also love the great recommendations for my daily Sheetz trips!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodXtAkwtq0

God drat but I love Pappy McElroy

If we're on MaxFunChat, seriously check out Oh No Ross and Carrie, it's kind of amazing. Easy to miss because they only do like one episode a month but they get up to some real interesting poo poo.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Newest MBMBAM: I didn't think they'd make it the whole show but they did. Wow.

Also the concept of Justin with frosted tips is... pretty great.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I'm on mbmbam 93. It feels like I've been doing this forever, but I also don't want it to end.

The latest episode was really great. Are there actually people that will bitch about them not doing advice for one week?

E: I guess I know the answer to that, it's the internet

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Uh oh, trouble in paradise :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrartVaw8RM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Wasn't that Totino's show supposed to be out by now?

• Locked thread