Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?
I've taken a mental health day today if only because I'm at a loss for what I want to do with myself. For the past two years I've been doing Desktop and Helpdesk support for a few different employers. It seems that no matter what I do I can't really get any satisfaction in anything I do on a day to day basis because it's quite simply apply bandaid move onto next issue. Oh you're not moving fast enough because you're balls deep in an issue, too bad here's another. I'm at the point where I'm switching off as soon as I come in the door and go home just kinda lifeless like I'm all used up. It's been great for getting myself back up to speed after my last job turned out to be "You don't have access to anything important, ever" and desktop rebuilding simulator 2014.

My commute round trips to about 3 hours what with a NJ Transit bus and walking across midtown Manhattan and I work an offset 1pm to 10 pm shift. Monday-Friday. I think I need to branch into a sysadmin or network admin role if I want to avoid this talk to angry stockbroker burnout that I feel everyday because my passion is in systems, not iPhones.

I'm hesitant to search for a new job cause it probably looks absolutely terrible on my resume, but I can't really be arsed to stick it out for at least a year. I'm also considering quitting, going back to the local community college and getting an associates in gen ed to get the checkbox of "Degree Y/N" filled in just a little while getting a CCNA and MCSA Server 2012 nailed out in time for me to graduate next summer. I'm just afraid what an employer would think of the employment gap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

I've taken a mental health day today if only because I'm at a loss for what I want to do with myself. For the past two years I've been doing Desktop and Helpdesk support for a few different employers. It seems that no matter what I do I can't really get any satisfaction in anything I do on a day to day basis because it's quite simply apply bandaid move onto next issue. Oh you're not moving fast enough because you're balls deep in an issue, too bad here's another. I'm at the point where I'm switching off as soon as I come in the door and go home just kinda lifeless like I'm all used up. It's been great for getting myself back up to speed after my last job turned out to be "You don't have access to anything important, ever" and desktop rebuilding simulator 2014.

My commute round trips to about 3 hours what with a NJ Transit bus and walking across midtown Manhattan and I work an offset 1pm to 10 pm shift. Monday-Friday. I think I need to branch into a sysadmin or network admin role if I want to avoid this talk to angry stockbroker burnout that I feel everyday because my passion is in systems, not iPhones.

I'm hesitant to search for a new job cause it probably looks absolutely terrible on my resume, but I can't really be arsed to stick it out for at least a year. I'm also considering quitting, going back to the local community college and getting an associates in gen ed to get the checkbox of "Degree Y/N" filled in just a little while getting a CCNA and MCSA Server 2012 nailed out in time for me to graduate next summer. I'm just afraid what an employer would think of the employment gap.

I got my CCNA and MCSA Server 2012 and I found my certifications helped me get interviews. It didn't get me job offers, but it got me in the door. I kind of felt like my certifications were a way of showing potential employers that I'm reasonably competent and have a basic understanding of the relevant technology. Also, if you have a 3 hour commute and the job is that bad, then gently caress "it looks terrible on my resume." You aren't bound in servitude to an employer, they definitely don't have the same loyalty to you. Do whats best for you. If you get a question in an interview its easy to explain away why you might be leaving a job. Obviously don't say you are miserable and it turns you into a zombie, but its easy enough to explain.

It honestly cannot hurt at all to look for another job and even interview, whether you go back to school or not. I went back to school to get a 2nd degree in IT because I was miserable, and the only thing that kept me from being completely miserable was applying for jobs for a bit of hope that the job I was at wasn't forever. If you interview and you don't get the job you want then keep working at it. I was miserable every day at work, but I had goals of getting X certifications, finishing my IT degree, applying for jobs, etc and it helped. A lot.

Do whats best for you. Going to a job that makes you happier isn't going to ruin your chances for a job, and if it does, the job probably wasn't going to make you happier.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
By the way - I was in a similar job to helldesk - raising people's rent. Nobody calls and is happy about their rent incase and I couldn't get any satisfaction either, so I 100% get where you are coming from. I was in that situation too and getting out of it was the best thing I've probably done in my life as far as my happiness goes.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

My commute round trips to about 3 hours what with a NJ Transit bus and walking across midtown Manhattan and I work an offset 1pm to 10 pm shift. Monday-Friday.

Holy god you need a change, this situation would make me miserable as gently caress.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Methanar posted:

:nms:

I finally got permission to call IBM for help today which confirmed all my guesses about this in the last 2 weeks. I've come up with a 'functioning' test server that will work if I change the live DNS settings (Lotus Notes hardcodes itself to resolving by name apparently even if I give it an IP. Since I'm taking an exact copy of the live server I can't actually change the name either.) I'll need to reinsert the new server into the exact same spaghetti network with the same meatball settings and the same tomato sauce physical ports. But it will work!

:unsmith:

I saw the .nsf extension and my right eyelid started twitching.

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?

CLAM DOWN posted:

Holy god you need a change, this situation would make me miserable as gently caress.

Used to be 3-12 about a half a month ago. Worst thing about that is if I didn't get out on time I'd have to wait for a 140am express or take a 1am local bus that would arrive at or around the same time back at my home . The thing that pisses me off the most is that I'm in a role that's pretty much "Yes sir, no sir, right away good sir, yes sir I'm aware I'm an idiot. K-mart that's a little harsh. Yes sir I understand" I just have no control over anything from my workflow because I can mummify my house with the amount of proceedures that we are to robotically follow at the helpdesk level.

QuiteEasilyDone fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 8, 2015

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

That's awful dude, change that any way you can. Those kind of hours would prevent me from having a life too, would make me depressed and miserable instantly.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

Used to be 3-12 about a half a month ago. Worst thing about that is if I didn't get out on time I'd have to wait for a 140am express or take a 1am local bus that would arrive at or around the same time back at my home . The thing that pisses me off the most is that I'm in a role that's pretty much "Yes sir, no sir, right away good sir, yes sir I'm aware I'm an idiot. K-mart that's a little harsh. Yes sir I understand" I just have no control over anything from my workflow because I can mummify my house with the amount of proceedures that we are to robotically follow at the helpdesk level.

now that you've explained more

either go back to school or find a new job, thats not how you want to live

Don't hem and haw about it, make a decision tonight to improve your life. You don't have to decide WHAT to do tonight, just start taking steps toward making a change. Look at programs you might want to do at school, start getting your resume together, something. Not every employer is like the one you are working for.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It sounds like you already have helldesk experience, so don't discount yourself if you were looking at jobs. Someone in this thread actually told that its their job to filter out people that aren't qualified. I didn't apply for senior level roles, but otherwise in general I just applied for jobs. You've got a step up in that you actually suffered through hellesk and have actual IT experience. You probably aren't going to have 1-2 years experience doing X, because they ask for very specific things in job requirements. They are probably asking for their ideal candidate even if it says minimum requirements.

Still, pick up on what they are asking for. If they mention SQL in their job description, then go and study SQL for a little bit so you can truthfully say that you can do some basic queries, etc. I think the thing that got me my current job wasn't that I had a lot of experience (I had none) but I cared enough to try to learn as much as I could on my own prior to the interview.

basically - be more confident in yourself IMO

eonwe fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jul 8, 2015

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
If you aren't on LinkedIn, change that. Get your keyword salad up there, get your experience up there. I had probably half a dozen recruiters come to ME over the last nine months, because I had a full profile and responded to their inmail blurbs. The position I ultimately accepted was a complete cold-call from LinkedIn. If I want to move in the next few years, I've got a lot more options from my LinkedIn recruiter connections. Come to think of it, the contract I was on before that was a cold-email from LinkedIn, too.

Seriously, I never even bothered with Monster or Indeed or Craigslist. I'm not in a major metropolitan market, and I can't imagine anywhere in NJ/NYC area is over-saturated with competent tech folk.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

goobernoodles posted:

It helped me show my boss (CFO) visually what all I was working on, and how it's literally impossible for me to get all of the projects that need to get done when I'm constantly being interrupted

I'm actually not a huge fan of Jira, especially for ops tasks because it tends to be pretty (really) dense. Well, at least, our implementation of it at my current employer is really unnecessarily dense and there are a lot of buttons to click, text boxes to fill, and then "submit changes" processes to wait for. It was used at a dev job that I had, and I thought it was actually pretty loving great there because we were using cloud jira with hooks to our bitbucket repo and the "denseness" of it works well when you are dealing with requests from multiple people, correspondence with non-technical people, suggested changes, code review, and then actual changes.

For ops tasks, I had excellent results implementing a Trello setup at my last job, and I even use it just for my stuff at my current one. It's a kanban board, so the entire point is basically to visually represent work (especially work in progress) and it's very, very, extremely light and easy to use. You can pull up the site, make 4 tabs for Planning / In Progress / Documenting / Done and be "using trello" in about 2 minutes. You can invite a fairly significant amount of people to a trello board and I'm not sure what the pricing is like, but we ran a 5 person ops team + one direct report on it for at least 6 months prior to my departure completely free.

I think a handful of features like exporting to XML or other "api-esque" things are gated behind a paywall but not much else.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Reiz posted:

I'm actually not a huge fan of Jira, especially for ops tasks because it tends to be pretty (really) dense. Well, at least, our implementation of it at my current employer is really unnecessarily dense and there are a lot of buttons to click, text boxes to fill, and then "submit changes" processes to wait for. It was used at a dev job that I had, and I thought it was actually pretty loving great there because we were using cloud jira with hooks to our bitbucket repo and the "denseness" of it works well when you are dealing with requests from multiple people, correspondence with non-technical people, suggested changes, code review, and then actual changes.

For ops tasks, I had excellent results implementing a Trello setup at my last job, and I even use it just for my stuff at my current one. It's a kanban board, so the entire point is basically to visually represent work (especially work in progress) and it's very, very, extremely light and easy to use. You can pull up the site, make 4 tabs for Planning / In Progress / Documenting / Done and be "using trello" in about 2 minutes. You can invite a fairly significant amount of people to a trello board and I'm not sure what the pricing is like, but we ran a 5 person ops team + one direct report on it for at least 6 months prior to my departure completely free.

I think a handful of features like exporting to XML or other "api-esque" things are gated behind a paywall but not much else.
JIRA's often overkill for tasks, but it's really nice for other parts of the ITSM workflow. For incident and problem management, for example, the Tag field type is great -- create a field for impacted host, and it's super-easy to track the entire hardware/software history of the device just by clicking the tag in any ticket.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Chickenwalker fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 1, 2019

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

What matters to employers most is demonstrating your value to the company during the hiring process. An employment gap isnt a huge deal and I would try to learn what you can from your current position. You have to look out for yourself first. That commute is brutal.

Eonwe posted:

By the way - I was in a similar job to helldesk - raising people's rent. Nobody calls and is happy about their rent incase and I couldn't get any satisfaction either, so I 100% get where you are coming from. I was in that situation too and getting out of it was the best thing I've probably done in my life as far as my happiness goes.

Shouldn't this be done in writing? I can't imagine many people stayed with this job for long.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

No one should commute 3 hours to work. Read this - http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2011/10/06/the-true-cost-of-commuting/

To the dude setting up a ticketing system, you could do a lot worse than Spiceworks in a small shop. I agree with the others that JIRA may be overkill, although I love Confluence for internal documentation.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lampey posted:

What matters to employers most is demonstrating your value to the company during the hiring process. An employment gap isnt a huge deal and I would try to learn what you can from your current position. You have to look out for yourself first. That commute is brutal.

Shouldn't this be done in writing? I can't imagine many people stayed with this job for long.

Of course the actual agreement is done in writing, but people always want to call and negotiate their rental amount. I stayed at it 4 years and I was the only one doing it during that time.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

If you don't mind coming down to Wall St to work a non-finance job, and have Linux experience shoot me a PM, we've been interviewing Linux SA's for a bit now, not sure the rates for this position, but the hours are good, and I'm paid very well.

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

If you don't mind coming down to Wall St to work a non-finance job, and have Linux experience shoot me a PM, we've been interviewing Linux SA's for a bit now, not sure the rates for this position, but the hours are good, and I'm paid very well.

Thanks for offering, I dont really have a true linux background. It's on my development plan to at least be passingly familiar with common administrative tasks on Redhat and such by the end of next year, but I'll have to see where all the cards fall with my current plans.

I've come back to my linkedin profile and cringed at how out of date it is. Welp, time to brush it up, give the Resume To Interviews guy a call and go get an actual suit. I've been hitting the self-help today and hope to improve my bottom line enough so that I can actually afford to move closer to the City. I'm still in Bergen County, but kind of landlocked for transit options. The next closest line for me would me at midtown in about an hour and twenty and requires me to pay for a metrocard for a train from 173rd st. Train is similarly a non-option for me.

QuiteEasilyDone fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 9, 2015

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

Thanks for offering, I dont really have a true linux background. It's on my development plan to at least be passingly familiar with common administrative tasks on Redhat and such by the end of next year, but I'll have to see where all the cards fall with my current plans.

I've come back to my linkedin profile and cringed at how out of date it is. Welp, time to brush it up, give the Resume To Interviews guy a call and go get an actual suit. I've been hitting the self-help today and hope to improve my bottom line enough so that I can actually afford to move closer to the City. I'm still in Bergen County, but kind of landlocked for transit options. The next closest line for me would me at midtown in about an hour and twenty and requires me to pay for a metrocard for a train from 173rd st. Train is similarly a non-option for me.

Where in Bergen cty? All my friend are in Oakland and keep telling me to buy a house there. You have to bag your leaves and there's no train so thanks but no thanks.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

I'm hesitant to search for a new job cause it probably looks absolutely terrible on my resume, but I can't really be arsed to stick it out for at least a year.

Honestly, it really doesn't. It's easily explained in 2 minutes during the interview. Or even the cover letter if you really feel like it's important to get out of the way. "The job ended up being a bad fit." Or the complete truth "I thought I could handle the commute, but it turns out it was too much. And I couldn't relocate closer for personal reasons." That's totally reasonable.

No one should really bat an eye if there's the occasional sub-one-year stint on your resume. It's when you see 3 of those back to back that it becomes a red flag.

...Unless you're my former coworker, apparently. Who has started and quit four jobs in 2015, all of them in a giant ball of angry fire and brimstone and actively taking companies down with her, but keeps loving getting hired somehow because she has some impressive resume line items from years back and can con idiot founders. Her continuing to find employment makes me question the "tech is a very small world" meme since she's basically destroyed 1 startup, seriously jeopardized another, and burned bridges to the ground at the other 2 jobs. She just recently started job number five, we'll see how that goes.

/irrelevant rant

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Dick Trauma posted:

I saw the .nsf extension and my right eyelid started twitching.

LotusNotes should be outlawed by the next Geneva Convention.

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.

Reiz posted:

Thanks, I'll take a look at that. Jira looks great IF I get it to the point where I want it to be... which... is a shitload of work away. I used some Jira consultant for a few hours twice when I was first getting started with it and trying to wrap my head around all the dumb buzzwords and that poo poo will definitely add up quickly if I just go balls to the wall trying to set poo poo up. I definitely want to avoid creating a system that gets away from what I was originally trying to do - create something that will save me time. I don't truly have anyone I report to with regards to what I'm working on unless something breaks or someone is bitching or unhappy, so if something doesn't make sense or is cumbersome I know I won't continue to use it long term unless there was a really good reason to. My company has a severe lacking in everything operations related, so I do want to find something that can provide inter-departmental workflows for things like onboarding, etc. Repeated processes that constantly get hosed up by people who don't read emails, or are so busy some days they miss one email and the requester never follows up until the deadline, etc.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Look into Zendesk. Especially if it's just you or a smaller shop. Lots of customization and it's pretty cheap. I think I paid $12 for a full year for myself.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I'm working on setting up OTRS to get away from Track-IT. Basically, we didn't use 90% of the features in Track-IT but were paying four grand a year for it. OTRS is a bit of a beast, it seems like, but I'm finally nearing the tail end and should be able to put it into production this month. I ended up using their Appliance image, which is kind of limited I guess, but I didn't want to work on setting up OTRS and setting up a new linux config.

Other than that, I was looking into MSSC Service Manager, and Solarwinds Helpdesk. We're purchasing a large package from SW so I'm going to try to convince them to throw in at least a year of their helpdesk licensing so we can try it out.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I've heard good things about SW Helpdesk, and really wanted to go with it, but was forced into Remedy. If you're a small operation, try looking at a hosted solution like Zendesk maybe?

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

You are literally me, aren't you?

I was in similar situations, less severe than yours, but definitely hit up Resume to Interviews and the Linkedin goon. It's a cost to have both done, but totally worth it - a well-done Linkedin profile and resume are worth the service they provide.

Get that resume on Dice and Monster, look for a new job, and see what comes forth.

If you want to work part-time in Rutherford doing helpdesk I can get your resume to our HR lady, but I'll be honest, this is a great place to work while you look for something better. I am actively trying to YotJ out.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
This is now my favorite bug that I've encountered in my career: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcent...erbolt-displays :allears: :dings:

quote:

MathWorks is aware of a bug in MATLAB R2014a, R2014b, and R2015a related to MATLAB's licensing components which can affect the Mac Pro (2013+). This issue has been reported to the vendor (Flexera Software) responsible for MATLAB's licensing components. Many hardware configurations are affected, but a Mac Pro (2013) with two Thunderbolt Displays connected is particularly susceptible to this bug.

The bug will manifest itself on any hardware configuration where "ifconfig" reports more than ten "en" (Ethernet) interfaces. Since Thunderbolt Displays contain multiple network interfaces, connecting more than two of them to a Mac Pro (2013) will cause the Ethernet interface count to rise above ten. The Mac Pro (2013+) has nine built-in Ethernet interfaces, and Thunderbolt Displays contain an additional Ethernet interface which therefore increases the total Ethernet network interface count by one when a Thunderbolt display is connected.

MathWorks is currently working with Flexera to establish a fix for this issue. In the meantime, there are two known workarounds.

Workaround 1: Disconnect Extra Displays (Recommended)

Workaround 2: Disable Thunderbolt Networking (Advanced Users)

To unload the IP-over-Thunderbolt network interface, run the following command in Terminal (this command must be run each time your Mac restarts):

code:
sudo kextunload -v /System/Library/Extensions/AppleThunderboltIP.kext 

Japanese Dating Sim fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 9, 2015

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

MJP posted:

I was in similar situations, less severe than yours, but definitely hit up Resume to Interviews and the Linkedin goon. It's a cost to have both done, but totally worth it - a well-done Linkedin profile and resume are worth the service they provide.

Jesus, no. I don't know about LinkedIn, but don't spend $100s on a resume that by all reports isn't that good. Look up a template, spend 30-45 minutes putting it together, and then find someone to critique it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was someone in here willing to critique your resume for free. Then you would be up a couple hundred dollars and have a resume that has been looked over by someone actually in the field.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

This is now my favorite bug that I've encountered in my career: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcent...erbolt-displays :allears: :dings:
grep bug grep bug grep bug

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Jesus, no. I don't know about LinkedIn, but don't spend $100s on a resume that by all reports isn't that good. Look up a template, spend 30-45 minutes putting it together, and then find someone to critique it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was someone in here willing to critique your resume for free. Then you would be up a couple hundred dollars and have a resume that has been looked over by someone actually in the field.

The Resume to Interviews resume layout itself really is pretty good but I found the input from the "advisor" a bit lacking. Eventually I just stopped submitting my resume for review and made changes on my own. Apparently it worked because I've had three jobs since then (two companies) and recruiters hammer me constantly.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Why do I root for Notre Dame? Because I like pain, and disappointment, and anguish. Notre Dame Football has destroyed more dreams than the Irish Potato Famine, and that is the kind of suffering I can get behind.
Friend of mine decided to give his company's recruiter my resume, who then shopped me around to other companies. There was one that apparently liked my resume so much they skipped the phone interview and went straight to "we want to talk in person". I'm going to call the guy back tomorrow and see just what exactly they want me to interview for. Still, it's nice being wanted for a change.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

GOOCHY posted:

The Resume to Interviews resume layout itself really is pretty good but I found the input from the "advisor" a bit lacking. Eventually I just stopped submitting my resume for review and made changes on my own. Apparently it worked because I've had three jobs since then (two companies) and recruiters hammer me constantly.

This was my experience too, he kept trying to pigeonhole me into an entry level support role when I'd four years of administration experience.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

GOOCHY posted:

Same. Definitely impressed with how he made my resume look, but the rest of the service, eh....

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Agreed. The service has gone down hill since he started hiring advisers and quite doing them all himself. It looks great but just take that template and fill out the rest yourself.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Agreed. The service has gone down hill since he started hiring advisers and quite doing them all himself. It looks great but just take that template and fill out the rest yourself.
Fixed up a resume for a friend who was in the same boat. The wording they delivered on his resume was not flattering.

Dark Helmut
Jul 24, 2004

All growns up
I'm happy to take a look and give my opinion on your resume as long as you understand I might not get back right away if I'm busy at work. I'm not going to write it for you, but I'll give you advice on what I see work day in/day out in regards to content and layout.

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?

MJP posted:

You are literally me, aren't you?

Get that resume on Dice and Monster, look for a new job, and see what comes forth.

If you want to work part-time in Rutherford doing helpdesk I can get your resume to our HR lady, but I'll be honest, this is a great place to work while you look for something better. I am actively trying to YotJ out.

The good news is I've been reaching out to recruiters in my network and saying hey I exist, check out my LinkedIn and let me know if you've got something that matches. I'm interested in stepping up into a systems position. So far a good number of them have gotten back and proposed devops or similar. I don't know how to code and that's a problem.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Dark Helmut posted:

I'm happy to take a look and give my opinion on your resume as long as you understand I might not get back right away if I'm busy at work. I'm not going to write it for you, but I'll give you advice on what I see work day in/day out in regards to content and layout.

What's your contact info again? I did R2I and I think my resume is certainly nicer, but I also think I am terrible at keeping my summary bit up to date with what I want to do.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Is there any actual difference between a process (Windows) compared to a daemon (Linux)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Process is a process.

A daemon is an application that runs in the background and does things. "background process" I think in windows.