Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:agreed:

e: but seriously, what?

frajaq fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jul 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Shinzo Abe's being a shithead again, possibly?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on George Osborne's budget – George Osborne’s budget hides plenty of pain – particularly for the young – while welfare cuts mean families could lose thousands per year"

Telegraph:

Yesterday's Independent:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... tax credits being limited to first two children

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

Found our new recruit for the fuckbarn

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I wondered when he'd get to Japan.

(Says "Banzai" by the way)

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

D'aawwww :3:

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

It's depressing that Rall is capable of making an actual joke like this and yet constantly churns out garbage.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

prefect posted:

I hope this hasn't already been posted too many times.

Nonsense, this is an election year.

:wtc:

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

StealthArcher posted:

Nonsense, this is an election year.

:wtc:

It's from Clickhole.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

prefect posted:

I hope this hasn't already been posted too many times.

I didn't get a chance to add to the conversation on this earlier, but I hope they the Onion go with more of these... lots more. :unsmigghh:

It's been too long since we had a "what's with this Kelly guy?" dogpile.

EDIT - The scary thing is that, to readers of this thread, it's perfectly plausible that this is real. It's no worse than the poo poo we grimace over daily.

After The War fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jul 9, 2015

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Holy crap that gag is old, but now it's also the government's fault that your relationship is so toxic or the guy is so awful in bed that his wife doesn't want to be intimate. THANKS, Obama! Cameron! Taxes!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Post 9-11 User posted:

Holy crap that gag is old, but now it's also the government's fault that your relationship is so toxic or the guy is so awful in bed that his wife doesn't want to be intimate. THANKS, Obama! Cameron! Taxes!

Not sure if you're joking, but I'd bet money that this isn't a "government bad" cartoon at all; it really comes across as a plain old marriage-arguing gag.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Forget it, Jake, it's Post 9-11 Usertown.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

RyokoTK posted:

Forget it, Jake, it's Post 9-11 Usertown.

:bravo:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

The crying Spider Tank :allears:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

After The War posted:

I didn't get a chance to add to the conversation on this earlier, but I hope they the Onion go with more of these... lots more. :unsmigghh:

It's been too long since we had a "what's with this Kelly guy?" dogpile.

EDIT - The scary thing is that, to readers of this thread, it's perfectly plausible that this is real. It's no worse than the poo poo we grimace over daily.

White privilege is that white men have clown shoes (demonstrating that their footprint is exceedingly large, much larger than their actual feet, and this is an indictment of wasteful western consumerist lifestyle) and that they think of the Empire State Building when they're talking about the Eiffel Tower (demonstrating their general ignorance on cultural topics). Black women have blistered hands (an obvious allusion to unsafe manual labor) and they talk about anthropomorphic cigarettes (demonstrating that their preoccupations are not tourist landmarks like the white man, but the objectification of people and the needless consumption of lives caused by the powerful criminal lobbies of the western world, of which companies such as Philip Morris are emblematic).

It is a very good cartoon and I understood it perfectly. On the other hand, I don't get what's the deal with this:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
:getin:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Cloud Potato posted:

Yesterday's Independent:

I've been binge watching Spitting Image on youtube and it just hit me that all these horrific rubber muppets are just three dimensional political cartoons in the british style of making everyone a gross fat lovely condom faced monstrosity.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Malleum posted:

Is Illinois even in a bad place right now, or is Allie just complaining for the sake of complaining?

I dunno, I'd say being sandwiched by Wisconsin and Indiana is a bad place to be, but ymmv

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Dan Lacey was the first victim of the political cartoon thread.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Bell has a heart.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Can't wait for the political cartoons about Jeb Bush's statement that Americans need to "work longer hours" even though we work more hours on average than most developed nations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ThePeavstenator posted:

Can't wait for the political cartoons about Jeb Bush's statement that Americans need to "work longer hours" even though we work more hours on average than most developed nations.

But working longer hours will create jobs! Somehow! In that it will allow job creators to cut jobs and free up costs that can be used to create more jobs, I guess!!!??!

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Trickle-down economics has never been proven to work and in fact did not work when Reagan tried to put it into action. "If we give companies/rich people more money, they'll create jobs and it will benefit everybody!" except for the fact that tons rich people/businesses already make money and generate profits but don't take that money and hire more people. Reaganomics caused a shitload of mergers and acquisitions, not job creation.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ThePeavstenator posted:

I like his backtrack that he really meant people need to work full-time instead of part-time. :allears:

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

prefect posted:

I like his backtrack that he really meant people need to work full-time instead of part-time. :allears:

I like how even this backtrack is full of holes.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

WarpedNaba posted:

Shinzo Abe's being a shithead again, possibly?

Blaming Abe for China imploding?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

ThePeavstenator posted:

Trickle-down economics has never been proven to work and in fact did not work when Reagan tried to put it into action. "If we give companies/rich people more money, they'll create jobs and it will benefit everybody!" except for the fact that tons rich people/businesses already make money and generate profits but don't take that money and hire more people. Reaganomics caused a shitload of mergers and acquisitions, not job creation.

It's also been pretty strongly proven that trickle-down economics does, in fact, do exactly the opposite of working. Well for job creation, anyway. It does exactly what it was intended to do and that is make the rich richer.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ThePeavstenator posted:

It's a good idea. Just look at this chart:

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/lmac/hours-worked-in-the-labour-market/2011/rpt-hours-worked-in-the-labour-market.html

As you can see, countries with the longest working hours are economic powerhouses of wealth and prosperity for all (e.g., Greece), while countries with below-average working hours are third-world hellholes of despair, such as Germany or the Netherlands. Jeb Bush is right that America should follow the Greek model if it wants a future.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on... tax credits being limited to first two children

WEV'E GOT TWO

Also she gave herself the much smaller side of the bed. Bad plan.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Prism posted:

WEV'E GOT TWO

Also she gave herself the much smaller side of the bed. Bad plan.

Besides, sleeping across the hall from your kids' bedroom with both doors open is probably going to kill any attempt at fooling around, without having to resort to comically oversized signs.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

It's amazing that his cartoons are always so full of stuff, but are still comprehensible.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Allie complaining about anyone being a hack (Rich Miller in this case) is loving hilarious.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

prefect posted:

I look forward to being lectured by political cartoonists about how America needs to work more.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_-MN57ZBCg

Nomad175
Oct 14, 2012

By not beating me, he has beaten me.

Malleum posted:

I vaguely remember him drawing a bunch of comics about some mass exodus from the state. Was that also dogmatic overreaction or did that really happen?

Well, enough people split between the 2000 and 2010 census that we lost an electoral vote. Don't know if that can really be counted as a "mass exodus", though.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Marxism posted:

Have you seen the way he dresses? Commie If I ever saw one.

You have no idea.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Krinkle posted:

I've been binge watching Spitting Image on youtube and it just hit me that all these horrific rubber muppets are just three dimensional political cartoons in the british style of making everyone a gross fat lovely condom faced monstrosity.

Well, yeah. That was the premise behind Luck and Flaw's puppets. It never occurred to me before that it wouldn't be obvious outside of a British context, but of course it isn't.

This gives me a flimsy excuse to upload this thing that Roger Law did for the National Lampoon well before the series came along. (Potentially NSFW?)

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Malleum posted:

I vaguely remember him drawing a bunch of comics about some mass exodus from the state. Was that also dogmatic overreaction or did that really happen?

His argument was they were fleeing to Indiana, which is OppositeOfReality.jpg
Indiana is seeing large population outflows of trained technical professionals due to our lovely economy and social conservative nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Hitler B. Natural posted:

Well, yeah. That was the premise behind Luck and Flaw's puppets. It never occurred to me before that it wouldn't be obvious outside of a British context, but of course it isn't.

This gives me a flimsy excuse to upload this thing that Roger Law did for the National Lampoon well before the series came along. (Potentially NSFW?)

richardbutt no wait dickbutt still works.

It's so on the nose I don't know what to strike through for the joke. Hyperventilating a little.

• Locked thread