Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
As promised here is an updated picture of Kitty Pryde. She's almost 7 months old in that picture and is getting really tall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
nice big dog.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Sirbloody posted:

As promised here is an updated picture of Kitty Pryde. She's almost 7 months old in that picture and is getting really tall.

Pet the puppy.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Sirbloody posted:

She is very concerned about your camera, you know.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I have nowhere else to vent.

Good GOD do I hate people asking me what kind of dog I have, then having them respond with "Wow, they don't live very long, do they?"

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Writer Cath posted:

Good GOD do I hate people asking me what kind of dog I have, then having them respond with "Wow, they don't live very long, do they?"

Well, yeah, but, devil's advocate here..

"Hey guys I got a new vehicle to take the kids to school in! It's a FORD F-350!"
"Wow.. Those aren't great on gas though"
"Hey man gently caress you I take great care of my giant truck. With careful use and constant mechanic's visits, i'll get that sucker up to 14mpg."

Also, I get to spend Memorial Day Weekend hanging out a mile from the beach with two massive dogs. A Newf/Lab and Boxer/Mastiff. Looking forward to it!

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

my dog is very hard to photograph at normal exposures

somewhat easier when shaved

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

:) I get it all the time with Balen. Who will be 10 in 10 days. :) Thanks people.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

:) I get it all the time with Balen. Who will be 10 in 10 days. :) Thanks people.

He'd better get a cake :colbert:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

He'd better get a cake :colbert:

He's getting a cake and puppies visiting (REAL young brothers and sisters and a very small niece) and toys and milkbones and all the lovins.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
Just got back from the vet for Kitty's 6 month check up (I know she's 7 months but her normal vet had some medical issues) and her rabies shot.

When she was first seen in January she was 20lbs, she now weighs 54 lbs... She almost tripled her weight in 4 months... Everything checked out amazingly well with no issues and the vet is obsessed with how she looks!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Dear PI, today is an incredibly important and monumental day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKjBiDbMFkk

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Dear PI, today is an incredibly important and monumental day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKjBiDbMFkk

Important question: was meat and other goodies involved?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Important question: was meat and other goodies involved?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myy7guuv95E There might be this involved later.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
what a good old man dog :3: best old man dog

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

stuart scott posted:

my dog is very hard to photograph at normal exposures

somewhat easier when shaved

I refuse to believe these are the same dog.

Edit: Happy (belated) Birthday Balen!

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves
Happy birfday Balen! Sage welcomes you to old doggy land. :3:

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

How many Polacks does it take to captain a pirate ship? One.
So we picked up our 8 week old brown Newfoundland pup on Friday. His name is Barnacles and unsurprisingly, he loves everyone. Will be posting a variety of pics here as he grows from his current 20lb weight to his full size of ~140lbs.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

The Polish Pirate posted:

So we picked up our 8 week old brown Newfoundland pup on Friday. His name is Barnacles and unsurprisingly, he loves everyone. Will be posting a variety of pics here as he grows from his current 20lb weight to his full size of ~140lbs.

The floof! Oh, dear god, the floof! He's adorable. :3:

Ozzie had an adventure this weekend. I had him and Sage out on the boat with some friends, and we decided to help Ozzie learn to swim. This is a problem, since Great Danes are the opposite of buoyant and sink like big dog-shaped rocks. I put my lifejacket on him, which fit pretty well, then coaxed him into the water Okay, so we pushed him in :haw:

He did great once he stopped freaking out and realized that he can float. Once that set in, he would just float around and slowly dog-paddle around. He had fun, and started wagging his tail after a few minutes. After getting him up on the shore, he walked back in for some more water fun when everybody else started swimming, too. :razz:

I'll post up some pics when I can get the Imgur app to work again.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
I recently signed up to a great website: https://www.borrowmydoggy.com/

And borrowed this magnificent beast (2 year old 75kg Leonberger) over the weekend! His owners are really chill so I think I might try and take him for a walk weekly as it's more fun than going on my own. We had an excellent time and he was very well behaved.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I... uh, didn't have anywhere else to put this.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Writer Cath posted:

I... uh, didn't have anywhere else to put this.

Odd looking Great Dane there.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Odd looking Great Dane there.

The rain does weird things to her.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Reposted from GiP since Rocky is amazingly funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P2eVJ-Qp1g

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Hey PI how're you?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Doing well!

Sweet CupnCakes
Feb 13, 2007

Did you ever walk in a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives.
So, I have been following this thread because giant dogs have always been my favorite. I moved to my own 2-bedroom apartment that is actually very big in size. It is just me, my cat Jinx, and my reptiles. I wanted to rescue a dog and had been keeping my eye on the humane societies around here. I am not allowed to have anything pit, chow or doberman related and most of the larger dogs were pit or dogs that require way too much exercise, like husky or german shepherd types. I was lamenting to my friend about disliking most small dogs and any of the ones at the humane society that I had been seeing were yappy, high-strung dogs. She called me last week and said that a box of 3 Great Dane puppies had been dropped off at her work (pet hotel). I have done a lot of research on them and felt like I was in a good place to be able to take one of the puppies. I did NOT want a puppy but it was too hard to resist. Luckily, since these were likely BYB puppies that someone couldn't sell, I have very good credit, Care Credit, and will be able to get pet insurance. I did all the research I could on bloat and common issues with the breed and went down to pick up one of the male puppies. He is the weirdest puppy I have ever been around. He is playful but sleeps all the time, goofy but not overly crazy like most puppies, and he watches me or argues with me while I am training him. He seems like he is making up his mind as to if he wants to listen to me or not. He has tried to make friends with the cat, but a few bops on the nose has quickly made him realize that the cat doesn't want to be his friend. I am TERRIFIED of doing something wrong so I have bookmarked a ton of articles on how to feed, exercise and deal with large breeds. He has a vet appointment Wednesday but looks very healthy.

Without further ado (and to prevent any sort of explosive puppy), I give you Brody (named for the Jaws character).

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:3: Holy fuckin poo poo hi.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Sweet CupnCakes posted:

So, I have been following this thread because giant dogs have always been my favorite. I moved to my own 2-bedroom apartment that is actually very big in size. It is just me, my cat Jinx, and my reptiles. I wanted to rescue a dog and had been keeping my eye on the humane societies around here. I am not allowed to have anything pit, chow or doberman related and most of the larger dogs were pit or dogs that require way too much exercise, like husky or german shepherd types. I was lamenting to my friend about disliking most small dogs and any of the ones at the humane society that I had been seeing were yappy, high-strung dogs. She called me last week and said that a box of 3 Great Dane puppies had been dropped off at her work (pet hotel). I have done a lot of research on them and felt like I was in a good place to be able to take one of the puppies. I did NOT want a puppy but it was too hard to resist. Luckily, since these were likely BYB puppies that someone couldn't sell, I have very good credit, Care Credit, and will be able to get pet insurance. I did all the research I could on bloat and common issues with the breed and went down to pick up one of the male puppies. He is the weirdest puppy I have ever been around. He is playful but sleeps all the time, goofy but not overly crazy like most puppies, and he watches me or argues with me while I am training him. He seems like he is making up his mind as to if he wants to listen to me or not. He has tried to make friends with the cat, but a few bops on the nose has quickly made him realize that the cat doesn't want to be his friend. I am TERRIFIED of doing something wrong so I have bookmarked a ton of articles on how to feed, exercise and deal with large breeds. He has a vet appointment Wednesday but looks very healthy.

Without further ado (and to prevent any sort of explosive puppy), I give you Brody (named for the Jaws character).

Welcome to the wonderful world of Dane ownership! He's going to be too big for that cage in about 2 months lol! Dane's have awesome personalities as you're already seeing and yes they do sleep a lot! You're in for a hell of a ride! :)

Sweet CupnCakes
Feb 13, 2007

Did you ever walk in a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives.
Yeah, I got that crate on craigslist for 20 bucks so I figured I will start looking for another one soon. He is driving me CRAZY with the potty training tho. I have been doing everything I have read about; crate him, watch him 24/7, keep a leash on him in the house so he can't go far, take him out after naps and food and play, etc. I treat him when he goes outside. He understands all of this. I know he does because he pees and then immediately comes to get his treat from me. But he is still going in the house. I always catch him because he is always within eyesight but it's like he just says 'screw it' and squats. I am trying really hard to be patient but it is very frustrating.

He is too stupid cute for me to stay mad tho.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Sweet CupnCakes posted:

Yeah, I got that crate on craigslist for 20 bucks so I figured I will start looking for another one soon. He is driving me CRAZY with the potty training tho. I have been doing everything I have read about; crate him, watch him 24/7, keep a leash on him in the house so he can't go far, take him out after naps and food and play, etc. I treat him when he goes outside. He understands all of this. I know he does because he pees and then immediately comes to get his treat from me. But he is still going in the house. I always catch him because he is always within eyesight but it's like he just says 'screw it' and squats. I am trying really hard to be patient but it is very frustrating.

He is too stupid cute for me to stay mad tho.

Take him out no less than every two hours. Dane pups are basically piss held within a sack of loving adorable. Even during Amy's very young months she'd go "oh hey I have to pee" and pee all of a sudden and look surprised she did it even though she just pissed half an hour ago. It happens, he'll get better. Nature's miracle is your new best friend.

Sweet CupnCakes
Feb 13, 2007

Brody got back from the vet. He has a super clean bill of health! His joints, heart, lungs, stool, etc, were all a thumbs up from the doc. He is 17 pounds. He got some special treats at Petsmart for being such a good boy.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Get a scan at 2 years old when you chop his balls off for his hips and elbows and that'll tell you so much more than puppy looks.

Sweet CupnCakes
Feb 13, 2007

Thanks for the info. I am trying to read anything and everything on how to keep this dog healthy and happy. I will file that away in his little book I have.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDb18wy1tXk

Love the controlled fall a minute in.

Dane's are wicked, I would get one in a second but after my Leo died of an aggressive cancer before he even got to 6 years old I'm deathly afraid of going through that again.... and giants short life spans in general.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Kipp turned 5 this weekend. We've had him for almost 2 years now, I think.

\

Since it was Shark Week wife made cookies (applesauce for the sweet, carob for the icing). They were a hit with the other dogs, and friends' dogs. And my coworker who ate the ones we gave him for his dog.

Then we went for a walk, to see local street art. I guess this is showing respect.

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

How many Polacks does it take to captain a pirate ship? One.
Barnacles is now 14 weeks old, and we took him to the beach for the first time. Good times had by all!

Barnacles thuggin' with his stick

Bulldog sniff time

Just as we were about to leave, we ran into an 180lb Leonberger. Hopefully that inspired Barnie to eat all his kibble!

Tired after a long day:

Bonus crazy face!

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Oh my god I absolutely love your Newfie. That brown fluffball would get away with absolute murder as long as it wanted a hug afterwards.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Barnacles is now 14 weeks old, and we took him to the beach for the first time. Good times had by all!

Bulldog sniff time

Just as we were about to leave, we ran into an 180lb Leonberger. Hopefully that inspired Barnie to eat all his kibble!

Tired after a long day:

Bonus crazy face!

Holy poo poo is that a newf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie

Holy poo poo, that floof :swoon:

Bulldog sniff time

He's not so sure though :staredog: