Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mill Village posted:

Kill Confirm has been a game mode in COD since MW3.

Oh. That's why I don't recognize it. Never did multiplayer past COD4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

Nope. Everything was either two or even three hits to kill. Or one body, one head.

Only snipers had that privilege.

Don't know about WaW or pre CoD 4 though.

WaW's sniper rifles worked like COD4's. Like BLOPS 2, some of the snipers had iron sights as well.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I meant any of the other, non-sniper weapons. I don't know if the other, really old-rear end games had a different damage model for headshots.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
The Mk14 in MW3 and the DMRs in Ghosts were all one-hit headshots.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.
It was never that noticeable considering if you got 1 headshot you are probably gonna get another.

The FAL was a single hit headshotted too right?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
The FAL was a one shot headshot up close only, but a 2-3 hit kill at other ranges. It was a one shot kill in hardcore.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Per Marauder: http://charlieintel.com/2015/07/09/black-ops-3-juggernog-edition-leaked/

Who want's a mini fridge?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I'm that rear end in a top hat that usually buys the expensive editions of CoD games, but this one is chock full of poo poo I don't care about. Sweet! I'm off the hook this time around.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
:lol: at the juggernog edition and :lol: at me for buying it.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

Nighthand posted:

I'm that rear end in a top hat that usually buys the expensive editions of CoD games, but this one is chock full of poo poo I don't care about. Sweet! I'm off the hook this time around.

What stuff did you care about before? It's always useless poo poo piled with the DLC included.

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
Yep, I'm so going to get that juggernog edition. They included a useful item this time!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

orly posted:

Yep, I'm so going to get that juggernog edition. They included a useful item this time!

Fun?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Quabzor posted:

What stuff did you care about before? It's always useless poo poo piled with the DLC included.

Umm, bo1 prestige edition came with a camera rc car, bo2 care package edition came with a quad copter, and those didn't include season passes. Only hardened editions came with season pass, I think aw or ghosts came with a camera that you could strap to your head but that one was dumb.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

beaner69 posted:

Umm, bo1 prestige edition came with a camera rc car, bo2 care package edition came with a quad copter, and those didn't include season passes. Only hardened editions came with season pass, I think aw or ghosts came with a camera that you could strap to your head but that one was dumb.

MW2 had the best Prestige Edition. Fully functional Night Vision goggles, and a plastic head to display them on.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

MW2 had the best Prestige Edition. Fully functional Night Vision goggles, and a plastic head to display them on.

... that you could buy unbranded on Amazon for cheaper.

For the goons that still browse this thread from that era; did any of you actually try using them?

Yamacruiser
Sep 28, 2011

I am the one who knocks!

Mister Macys posted:

For the goons that still browse this thread from that era; did any of you actually try using them?

A buddy of mine got them. They worked ok but only let you see about 15-20 feet.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdLqsWDl16c

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Oh god Jeff Goldblum, Ron Perlman (dressed as The Goon), and Neal McDonough :swoon:

Finally the game for me

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Hyped.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Why can't this be a full game? Bioshock meets COD seems like a pretty cool idea.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

beaner69 posted:

So a pile of useless poo poo without the dlc.

Why the gently caress did that not come with dlc? It costs them almost literally nothing.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Quabzor posted:

Why the gently caress did that not come with dlc? It costs them almost literally nothing.

Because they know that we're all idiots who will buy the DLC even though we're severely jaded about COD games.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Gordon Shumway posted:

Because they know that we're all idiots who will buy the DLC even though we're severely jaded about COD games.

Not all of us... :smugbert:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I skipped the DLC on Ghosts and AW so I'm going all in with this game. I have my issues with BLOPS 2 but I kept playing it on fairly regular basis for almost 3 years.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Quabzor posted:

Useless maybe, but still fun.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I want the reason for the zombie apocalypse to be that Jeff Goldblum's character was reading spells from the Necronomicon the way he normally talks

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

"Zombies uh... Zombies, find a way. "

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Mister Macys posted:

"Zombies uh... Zombies, find a way. "
klaatuuuu bar.. ah da.... uh nik um to

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Hi.

I just wanted to let everyone know I have purchased a call of duty themed minifridge, which I guess also comes with a copy of the next call of duty game for some reason.
Okay.

Bye.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

Funkmaster General posted:

Hi.

I just wanted to let everyone know I have purchased a call of duty themed minifridge, which I guess also comes with a copy of the next call of duty game for some reason.
Okay.

Bye.

Still a better purchase than any CoD for PC.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

It's me, I'm the guy with the AW season pass and only the first pack installed, and I've only played 1-2 of those maps.

It's crazy how quick these games can die off, like, I actually had a ton of fun in AW for a while, but I got bored of running around XMGing everyone forever, but as soon as I started trying to use other weapons I just stopped playing.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Nighthand posted:

It's me, I'm the guy with the AW season pass and only the first pack installed, and I've only played 1-2 of those maps.

Me too.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mister Macys posted:

I had them. They were pretty cool and could see about 50 feet, I guess. Best part about them was the $95 I got for them on ebay 6 months later.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Nighthand posted:

Literally exactly this for every CoD since 4.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
rip i forgot to preorder the juggernog edition and now they're sold out.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

We're going back to Der Riese! :woop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmliMQMnUj0

the video description posted:

Zombies returns in all of its undead glory with "The Giant," a Nazi research facility featuring the weapon upgrading Pack-A-Punch Machine. Re-live the chaos of Treyarch’s classic “Der Riese” Zombies map, picking up the Zombies story with Dempsey, Nikolai, Richtofen, and Takeo where Origins left off.

Instead of embarrassing myself like I did before Buried for BLOPS 2 was coming out and instead of making a minefield of Call of Duty wiki links explaining the storyline that people don't really care about unless playing solo or intentionally looking for non achievement easter eggs during zombie crawler duty, here's a summary of what happened in the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVx4OOcIRXg

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Marlamaid Swordhand posted:

We're going back to Der Riese! :woop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmliMQMnUj0

Instead of embarrassing myself like I did before Buried for BLOPS 2 was coming out and instead of making a minefield of Call of Duty wiki links explaining the storyline that people don't really care about unless playing solo or intentionally looking for non achievement easter eggs during zombie crawler duty, here's a summary of what happened in the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVx4OOcIRXg

Zombies is the only reason I'm really excited about this game.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

"The Giant" is only available with the collectors edition of Black Ops III. But I'm sure that it will see a DLC release later in the games life, as with all exclusive Call of Duty maps they don't stay exclusive for that long.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

It does come with the Hardened Edition and the $100 Digital Deluxe edition as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Amazon still won't let me order the hardon, digital pass, or season pass for the Xbone. Is that part of the exclusivity deal?

• Locked thread