Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

bgreman posted:

Do you happen to be on a Mac?

Nope. PC. Do I need to uncheck some DLC? I have all of them and make sure to use the mod DLC with After the End.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Are they fixing the thing where when you put someone in the oubliette it gives you the -10 diplomacy modifier instead of the prisoner?
It was a specific circumstance, and it looks like yes, they are.

quote:

You no longer punish yourself when a prisoner tries to flee from your prison by charming the guard.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Are they fixing the event where you get to oubliette your prisoners so that, y'know, it actually fires?

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

verbal enema posted:

Nope. PC. Do I need to uncheck some DLC? I have all of them and make sure to use the mod DLC with After the End.

No, it should work with all DLC. Do you have any of the portrait packs? After the End includes the ability to use some of them for some cultures, but if you don't have the associated portrait pack you have to disable that submod in the launcher. For example, I don't have Sunset Invasion, so I have to disable the After the End Sunset Invasion Portraits, which means my Native Americans don't get the proper portraits but oh well.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Eric the Mauve posted:

Are they fixing the event where you get to oubliette your prisoners so that, y'know, it actually fires?
I don't see it listed, but it does have

quote:

Added Decisions to move prisoners between the Dungeon, the Oubliette and House Arrest

So maybe they're just doing it differently.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

So when are we going to get werewolves?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

bgreman posted:

No, it should work with all DLC. Do you have any of the portrait packs? After the End includes the ability to use some of them for some cultures, but if you don't have the associated portrait pack you have to disable that submod in the launcher. For example, I don't have Sunset Invasion, so I have to disable the After the End Sunset Invasion Portraits, which means my Native Americans don't get the proper portraits but oh well.

Nope got all those. Might just big a goofy little thing probably.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

verbal enema posted:

Nope got all those. Might just big a goofy little thing probably.

I dunno then. You might have more luck in their thread on the Paradox forums.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.
I did this on my Mac and it worked, but I have no idea if it'll work on a PC. IIRC there are two Northern Lakes entries in there, make sure you get the one with the right numbers.

also paradoxplaza.jpg

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Sep 17, 2018

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tulul posted:

I did this on my Mac and it worked, but I have no idea if it'll work on a PC. IIRC there are two Northern Lakes entries in there, make sure you get the one with the right numbers.

also paradoxplaza.jpg

Three disagrees to one agree. Hoo boy. I take it that the responses are even worse?

Edit: Found the mod. "Underhanded Tactics - Torture and Adultery". Note that in the OP the full title is apparently "Underhanded Tactics V1.2 Torture, rape and adultery by vincentc". Charming.

At least he has the decency to say outright that you can't target children and will never put that in his mod. Still, ew. I take back any implications of decency I may have included here, the author of this is an awful person. This seems like the sort of thing that should be on some skeevy offsite mod repository, not the main forums for a game.

Edit again: The more I read of this OP the more I regret looking this up. This is abhorrent.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 9, 2015

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012

Tulul posted:

also paradoxplaza.jpg

Oh hey, you found my comment on this... thing. I was trying to nicely at least get this rape poo poo off of this hosed up thing. But holy poo poo this is some of the grossest poo poo, the only way this would be acceptable is if you press the rape button it causes your computer to melt. I mean seriously gently caress this poo poo.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Probably a candidate for the terrible mod thread if that still exists, can't read it because its part of the hidden part of the paradox forums but that might be a good thing

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Roland Jones posted:

Three disagrees to one agree. Hoo boy. I take it that the responses are even worse?

Edit: Found the mod. "Underhanded Tactics - Torture and Adultery". Note that in the OP the full title is apparently "Underhanded Tactics V1.2 Torture, rape and adultery by vincentc". Charming.

At least he has the decency to say outright that you can't target children and will never put that in his mod. Still, ew. I take back any implications of decency I may have included here, the author of this is an awful person. This seems like the sort of thing that should be on some skeevy offsite mod repository, not the main forums for a game.

Edit again: The more I read of this OP the more I regret looking this up. This is abhorrent.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

I saw the mod on the Steam Workshop, looked at the title, and said "Nope".

edit: This is one of the preview images.

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 10, 2015

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The worst part is someone out there is proud. Proud that there is finally a mod to accurately simulate medieval sexual politics such as prima nocta.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The worst part is someone out there is proud. Proud that there is finally a mod to accurately simulate medieval sexual politics such as prima nocta.

Wikipedia posted:

There is no evidence of the alleged right in medieval Europe.[2]

Not that historical accuracy ever stopped Paradox modders!

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

1stGear posted:

Not that historical accuracy ever stopped Paradox modders!

:thejoke:

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
There were plenty of kidnappings and forced marriages though, so it would make sense to expand the concubine mechanic to all rear end in a top hat rulers. Just wish paradox modders didn't have to be so perverted about it, i merely want noblewomen for their titles.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

I saw the mod on the Steam Workshop, looked at the title, and said "Nope".

edit: This is one of the preview images.

-30 is like less than the opinion malus for imprisoning a subject

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Even worse, "claim first night" is apparently a valid targeted decision for an unmarried character, when it plainly should be a choice triggered on_marriage. Shameful.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

-30 is like less than the opinion malus for imprisoning a subject

-30 opinion for -1 months. I don't want to know about the thought process of "I need to make her mad at me, but not for too long.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
well you see rape was an expected part of medieval life and :tvtropes:

Keeper Garrett
May 4, 2006

Running messages and picking pockets since 1998.
Okay, as Germanic Republic Jylland, I managed to Holy War France and am now the Prince Mayor of that. France is my Primary title.

Can I move my capital to Paris? Or will it cause a game over. I've read that this will happen, but haven't seen if I got sorted. This is an iron man game too.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Keeper Garrett posted:

Okay, as Germanic Republic Jylland, I managed to Holy War France and am now the Prince Mayor of that. France is my Primary title.

Can I move my capital to Paris? Or will it cause a game over. I've read that this will happen, but haven't seen if I got sorted. This is an iron man game too.

Pretty sure Merchant Republics aren't allowed to move their capital, especially inland. If you go inland, you'll become a regular republic, and that's game over.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Nth Doctor posted:

-30 opinion for -1 months. I don't want to know about the thought process of "I need to make her mad at me, but not for too long.
-1 duration is used in code for non-expiring effects.

Keeper Garrett posted:

You can't manually move it. Coded capital changes can work - I rejiggered the Move Capital to Rome decision for the roman empire to allow a roman republic to take over a city there - but since Paris isn't coastal, I don't know if it would work.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 10, 2015

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
Oh god that mod makes me ill.

Like, I know it's funny to take the piss out of sickos on the internet, but can we please not give him any more attention?

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

I've forgotten how the Workshop works - can it be reported?

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Coward posted:

I've forgotten how the Workshop works - can it be reported?

Yes it can, and I'm a moderator on Paradox workshops and I'm checking our policies right now in regards to this because holy crap
I like torture and stuff in the game but directly targeting rape is a bit too far, we draw the line at hinting on it in CK2.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Johan, what's the rule about rape mods again?

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Finland is not loving around in my current game.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Ugh god. I almost wanted to call out all those fuckers who claimed it enhanced their historical immersion. No, the medieval period was not a god drat rape-a-thon or F.A.T.A.L, and you don't need rape to play dynasty simulator, and the mechanics seem to encourage it.

I can't believe it got a loving four-star rating on Steam.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Robindaybird posted:

Ugh god. I almost wanted to call out all those fuckers who claimed it enhanced their historical immersion. No, the medieval period was not a god drat rape-a-thon or F.A.T.A.L, and you don't need rape to play dynasty simulator, and the mechanics seem to encourage it.

I can't believe it got a loving four-star rating on Steam.
There is a historical case of Trial by combat in France, literally the last trial by combat recorded there. Some Normand noble's wife get raped by the noble's liege (and his liege's squire too apparently) while he is away. So of course he asks for justice to the king's court despite his liege being quite powerful at court. And the judgement ends up being "well, see your wife is pregnant and since all the clergy guys tell us that procreation is divine, the sexual act couldn't have been rape since such a hateful act couldn't possible cause a pregnancy." So the noble asked for a judicial duel and killed the rapist. So yes, if you are adding rape, you better add the serious murdering you will probably get for being a dammed rapist.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jul 10, 2015

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Out of curiosity/for reference, what's the opinion modifier for taking someone unwilling/that you've imprisoned as a concubine? Pretty sure it's far higher than -30, which is insultingly low. (Also pretty much an example of rape in the game itself, though one that as Groogy says isn't as explicit as a "rape this person" decision.)

Unrelated, but why is it that, when I catch people who've committed murder and rightfully imprison them for it, I can't actually do anything to them? Despite you normally getting one "free" action against people you imprisoned for accepted reasons, you're regarded as a tyrant for trying to actually punish Known Murderers. Are you supposed to just let them rot in jail forever? I ended up doing that for one, ransomed another because she actually had a fair bit of cash and a position worth a little money random-wise.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Roland Jones posted:

Out of curiosity/for reference, what's the opinion modifier for taking someone unwilling/that you've imprisoned as a concubine? Pretty sure it's far higher than -30, which is insultingly low. (Also pretty much an example of rape in the game itself, though one that as Groogy says isn't as explicit as a "rape this person" decision.)

Its the "Abduction" modifier and I think its -50 opinion and every single family member also hates your guts.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Groogy posted:

Its the "Abduction" modifier and I think its -50 opinion and every single family member also hates your guts.

Does that count as a valid duel reason?

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Well ... you know you're bad at personal combat when you lose a swordfight to a blind eunuch:

My character was really good too :(

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Playing as the vampire lord Vlad von Carstein in Geheimisnacht is pretty rad fun.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Autonomous Monster posted:

Does that count as a valid duel reason?

It will in a patch or two.... maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
Hell, it'd be a nice casus belli, too.

Roland Jones posted:

Unrelated, but why is it that, when I catch people who've committed murder and rightfully imprison them for it, I can't actually do anything to them? Despite you normally getting one "free" action against people you imprisoned for accepted reasons, you're regarded as a tyrant for trying to actually punish Known Murderers. Are you supposed to just let them rot in jail forever? I ended up doing that for one, ransomed another because she actually had a fair bit of cash and a position worth a little money random-wise.

This seems like something that should depend on laws or culture. Different societies had different concepts of appropriate punishment for murder: in much of Catholic Europe, it was the death penalty, but among the pre-Christian Germanic pagans, the concept of weregild was sometimes employed, with the murderer having to pay a monetary penalty depending on the rank of the victim. Might be an interesting option––if you murder the wrong person and their family finds out, you either cough up a few hundred ducats or they get an immediate casus belli against you.

• Locked thread