Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

Mesadoram posted:

Assume that if you do well you are cheating. Good players do not exist, only cheaters.

There are a shocking amount of these people too.

I've been accused of being a "reroll" a couple times recently. My stats aren't even good. I just have a positive win-rate and have played relatively few games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

M.C. McMic posted:

I've been accused of being a "reroll" a couple times recently. My stats aren't even good. I just have a positive win-rate and have played relatively few games.

I've been accused of that plenty of times.

I have a beta account.
:goku:

Jack_tripper posted:

of course there are goons in this very thread who cheat with red dot and hedge clipper etc so it's not like pubbie paranoia is completely unfounded

Not going to confirm or deny using hedge clipper in the past for FPS boost because :siren:ESPORTS:siren:, but red dot is a pretty scummy thing to use.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

M.C. McMic posted:

I've been getting PMs from clan leaders in game because I'm usually not poo poo and my legacy stats from when I played with goons 2+ years ago make me look like I am not a schmuck. It is really strange.

I loving miss the original hedgeclipper before there was any of this illegality bullcrap.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I just play by EU rules where all mods are legal.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I have 28k+ battles, barely green stats, and get accused of being a 'stat padder' almost daily. Probably because I can't quit screaming at shitters in chat. Because gently caress them.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Whenever someone throws out warpaccusations make sure you ask exactly what cheats are being used. Nine times out of ten it'll be something that is either not possible (like autopen shells, auto crits, "aimbot"), is something actual good players would do ("How did you know I was there cheater!?" after watching someone spotted and going down an alleyway, so you setup a trap) or is just adorably laughable ("matchmaker hacks" "infinite armor" somehow changing their tank characteristics on the fly somehow). Very rarely is there an accusation that actually has any weight.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Everyone knows that hellsau's mods are far superior to warpack.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I wish the client told people when they were shot while unspotted. I LOVE shooting idiots who are too loving stupid to move after being spotted and think they are safe. The river of tears would be glorious.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

ive murdered someone from beyond visual range before using the minimap, felt real good

JungleBoogie
May 24, 2003
JungleBoogie Get down with the boogie
Hey Atomizer,

Just TKed some shitter in my rhoomba and he sent in a ticket to wargamming and messaged you about it. I guess I'm going to tank jail :(. In game as Fooferton, btw.

quote:

Txm60gunner (1:33:18 PM) 4. Inappropriate conduct in game / Fair play principlesThe following actions are prohibited in game:
4.01. Intentionally damaging vehicles belonging to a player on the same team (team damage).
4.02. Intentionally destroying vehicles belonging to a player on the same team (team kill).
4.03. Intentionally blocking (blocking from front and rear) vehicles belonging to a player on the same team.
4.04. Intentionally propping (blocking on one side, where the other side of a user's vehicle touches a f
Txm60gunner (1:34:17 PM) Your reported to your clan leaders as well as wargaming

Ran out of paste room I guess.

JungleBoogie fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 9, 2015

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

JungleBoogie posted:

Hey Atomizer,

Just TKed some shitter in my rhoomba and he sent in a ticket to wargamming and messaged you about it. I guess I'm going to tank jail :(. In game as Fooferton, btw.

I hope you had the good sense to reply to him "You're"

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Mesadoram posted:

Not going to confirm or deny using hedge clipper in the past for FPS boost because :siren:ESPORTS:siren:, but red dot is a pretty scummy thing to use.

To be fair, red dot to finish the kill 2 arties mission while in an arty is legit. Because gently caress arty.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Whenever someone throws out warpaccusations make sure you ask exactly what cheats are being used. Nine times out of ten it'll be something that is either not possible (like autopen shells, auto crits, "aimbot"), is something actual good players would do ("How did you know I was there cheater!?" after watching someone spotted and going down an alleyway, so you setup a trap) or is just adorably laughable ("matchmaker hacks" "infinite armor" somehow changing their tank characteristics on the fly somehow). Very rarely is there an accusation that actually has any weight.

"Matchmaker hacks" seems to be one of the newest common hackusations I read in the ingame chat.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

primelaw posted:

Because gently caress arty.

And the police.

Fake Edit. gently caress arty.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

words somethuing something i use warpack

We all know you do you filthy cheater.

Real talk: I use wall hacks and speed hacks and gently caress arty and turbo nerds with the type 59

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Agrajag posted:

We all know you do you filthy cheater.

Real talk: I use wall hacks and speed hacks and gently caress arty and turbo nerds with the type 59

Wow you accuse me of using inferior Soviet cheats while admitting to using my patented Hellsau Mods in the same post? Unbelievable.

brodoyouevengif
Jun 15, 2013

The pubbie blood must flow for le mighty Brodo.

WayAbvPar posted:

I wish the client told people when they were shot while unspotted. I LOVE shooting idiots who are too loving stupid to move after being spotted and think they are safe. The river of tears would be glorious.

To be honest, half of the pubbies probably don't even run 6th sense, which wouldn't surprise me one bit. The free to play mentality of some players is so bad that they won't spend any gold on retraining crews/skills, even if they have 12k gold.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

i dont spend gold on retraining skills either, but i still have sixth sense on all the tanks that have a 100% second skill. it doesn't become extremely necessary until tier 8 anyways (though its real nice to have tier 7 and below) and by that point sixth sense is trained up, even with silver retraining

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Mesadoram posted:

drink Fosters out of a Christmas mug.

Don't drink Fosters.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

Hellsau posted:

Guy accused a yellow Luchs on my side of "being suspicious". I asked him what, exactly, he thought the Luchs with 750 WN8 was doing and he said something along the lines of "don't know how he knew I was here, just saying....". People who play this game are unbelievably dumb.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012
The fact that you guys don't admit to using banned mods at the beginning of each pub match just tells me that you are not farming maximum pubbie tears/match. This is the most important stat in tanks.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
code:

wot.hacks.warpack.gunDamage = 9999
wot.hacks.warpack.armor = 999
wot.hacks.warpack.unfairTeams = true
wot.hacks.hellsau.statpadding = true

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."

JungleBoogie posted:

Nope, it's actually against the rules to touch an f. Why were you touching an f?

JungleBoogie
May 24, 2003
JungleBoogie Get down with the boogie

RennZero posted:

Nope, it's actually against the rules to touch an f. Why were you touching an f?

If I only knew. This can only mean federal pound me in the rear end prison.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

rossmum posted:

Don't drink Fosters.

I had a Foster's for free once and I still felt like I didn't get my money's worth.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
The thing that really bothers me is people accusing other of aimbotting. There is a loving autoaim built into the game. Right loving click.

The stupidity never ceases to amaze.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Well, the autoaim in this game only works spottily at medium to long range if your target is stationary or if their angular velocity is next to zero (i.e. they're moving towards or away from you). Aimbotting implies your use of something that automatically compensates for angle and velocity.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

rossmum posted:

Don't drink Fosters.
I had a Foster's once too, and I thought Aussies either have horrible taste in beer or are just taking the piss on the rest of us. Which would you say is more true?

Again, I really wish our EU pubbies were as chatty (or literate) as US ones. It's hard to harvest tears when next to noone speaks/understands English.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
The latter. I have never seen a pub with it on tap here except in seriously touristy places, and no Australian I know drinks it, even when desperate.

It's cheap piss for export only.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

How is Fosters like making love in a canoe?

It's loving close to water

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Late to the party, but the T29 is a hell of a lot of fun once you got the gun on it. Just need the third engine and then the turret.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

rossmum posted:

Don't drink Fosters.

I realized the error of my ways about 1/4 of the way through it.

But it is beer, and so I needed to finish it.

Edit: Had a full bottle of Buffalo Trace somewhere, need to figure out where I put that.

Also, had a such a lovely day yesterday I think I need to take a day break. Boy was it bad :smith:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jul 10, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I finally did it.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 10, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Missing Name posted:

I finally did it.

416 is a fun little thing. Enjoy making GBS threads on people with it's gun.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Missing Name posted:

I finally did it.

I am about 25k away. I can taste it!

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Missing Name posted:

I finally did it.

Welcome to a T8 medium with 2400 DPM and a 330 pen HEAT round, with decent mobility, good camo and armor capable of the occasional bizarre clown bounce. All in a package barely taller than the ELC. The price you pay is limited traverse, small HP pool and no gun depression, but still, it's loving bullshit.

It's not a tank that forgives mistakes easily, but handled properly it's so good at outplaying people that it feels like you reached out through the internet and actually punched them in the face through their monitor.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 10, 2015

Rech
Dec 26, 2011

8 tier arty vs. 29 tiers of arty. :thumbsup:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

TheFluff posted:

Welcome to a T8 medium with 2400 DPM and a 330 pen HEAT round, with decent mobility, good camo and armor capable of the occasional bizarre clown bounce. All in a package barely taller than the ELC. The price you pay is limited traverse, small HP pool and no gun depression, but still, it's loving bullshit.

It's not a tank that forgives mistakes easily, but handled properly it's so good at outplaying people that it feels like you reached out through the internet and actually punch them in the face through their monitor.

The gun man, The loving Gun.

:gizz:

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Mesadoram posted:

The gun man, The loving Gun.

:gizz:

The T-54's top gun on a tier 8 medium? Yes. Yes, I'll take that.

With Soulfucker's help, I did MT-15 for the T-55A in it: http://wotreplays.com/site/2010568#team
(also a replay where I do 3400 damage with zero damage taken)

The stats imply that the 416 doesn't have armor. That's a blatant lie, it's capable of some truly bullshit bounces because it has armor just thick enough to avoid overmatching at some really good angles. I've had ISU's and Ferdinands bounce on the turret armor.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jul 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

JohnGalt posted:

The fact that you guys don't admit to using banned mods at the beginning of each pub match just tells me that you are not farming maximum pubbie tears/match. This is the most important stat in tanks.

just FYI there was a thread on the eu forums the other week where a FAME guy posted showing he'd been banned by the automated system by enough people reporting him ingame out of spite, so here at least retard justice is a real thing