Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Turk February posted:

funny how all the people who don't know how to dress like a normal human being likes cobble... must be a coinkidink...

after struggling to comprehend what you meant because of how poorly you constructed that sentence, i've concluded that my post hurt your feelings because you're bad and don't like cbble. is this correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

down with slavery posted:

I'm pretty sure that like all of the "old school" goons used to play against each other back in the 1.6 days and we just had no idea. I can't be the only one who used to do 2v2s on dust2 with their lovely high school friends late at night.

#findscrim #findringer shoutouts

#seekcw on quakenet :)

we once won a B tourney at a middling size lan and got invited to a private irc channel where all the big boys in the scene hung out at the time (mtw and fnatic) but that closed down a month later, lol

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, señor!
Please invite me to the secret club. Don't know why I haven't joined before...
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005648399/

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Necc0 posted:

None of us care about what some random reddit shitposter is up to.

the pre-edit post was better

Turk February posted:

funny how all the people who don't know how to dress like a normal human being likes cobble... must be a coinkidink...

lol if you wear pants or dislike cobble

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
The reason cobble is cool is that it's a different play-style due to being one of the few T-sided-ish maps. Also drop room is really fun and both sites are pretty fun to take or defend. I don't know why you wouldn't like it.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Tips for Nova 3 and up?

Working on : Aiming, rotation times, and nades

Anything I'm missing? Also what is like the best aim map there are so many but I don't know if any are more helpful that others.

Also what am I doing on an aim map? Is it just head click practice or what.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

verbal enema posted:

Tips for Nova 3 and up?

Working on : Aiming, rotation times, and nades

Anything I'm missing? Also what is like the best aim map there are so many but I don't know if any are more helpful that others.

Also what am I doing on an aim map? Is it just head click practice or what.

Check for am_blahblahblah maps. Anything starting am_ is an aim map and the servers they're played on are typically 1v1 arena servers. Its very fast paced and excellent for your aim. If you play even 15 minutes of aim maps a day you'll be DMG aim in like a week.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Salt Fish posted:

Check for am_blahblahblah maps. Anything starting am_ is an aim map and the servers they're played on are typically 1v1 arena servers. Its very fast paced and excellent for your aim. If you play even 15 minutes of aim maps a day you'll be DMG aim in like a week.

Hey thanks. I'll try it out

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

verbal enema posted:

Hey thanks. I'll try it out

aim_botz is pretty good as well and check out recoil_master if you haven't mastered the spraydown patterns yet.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Suran37 posted:

aim_botz is pretty good as well and check out recoil_master if you haven't mastered the spraydown patterns yet.

lol im lucky if i remember to pull down while firing.

yeah spray patterns are foreign to me minus the ak down and to the left

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Why do I have to play casual now before I can do competitive

Edit: Oh, cheaters/smurfs. Still loving stupid that I have to do this poo poo just so I can play.

Lemming fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jul 10, 2015

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
If you like cobble:... Well, you are a friend of the family

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

If you like cobble:... Well, you are a friend of the family

Ricky... That's a bad post.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

verbal enema posted:

Getting those first 4-8 bullets in a spray down is pretty much key to out-shooting other novas. I notice a lot of novas trying to tapfire thinking it'll make them more accurate, but they're firing too fast for the recoil to reset and as a result bullets go all over the place.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Nobody seems to have posted the patch notes, so...

quote:

[ MISC ]
– Fixed smoke rendering exploits that were possible when running certain video capture applications.
– Fixed rare issues when equipping the same loadout item for both teams.
– Fixed an issue where the list of tournament matches would not refresh.
– Added official game servers cluster in Atlanta.

[ SOUNDS ]
– Added new carpet footstep sounds.
– Tweaked sounds of suits when running to synchronize with footsteps.

[ MAPS ]
Overpass
–Made first train event predictable, train will start 10 seconds after Ts leave their spawn tunnel
–Implemented area sound for train, can now use sound reliably throughout B site to hide grenade sounds, footsteps etc.
–Fixed a see-through texture near Bombsite A towards upper park

Dust II
–Fixed 30 exotic spots where C4 could get stuck

Also, not in the patch notes...
- There's now a new sound for night vision goggles turning on (The off sound is still from CS:S)... what could this mean?
- The C4 explosion noise has been redone, to be beefier and more realistic.
- The 2015 Service Medal that you can get when you prestige at profile rank 40 is now in the files, and apparently ready to be claimed.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

verbal enema posted:

I got from nova 4 to mge in 29 wins largely due to aim and spray control and like 2-3 pop flashes a map

Tap shooting in GO is something you do with certain weapons; bursts are key at most ranges with rifles.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
new carpet sounds oh boy

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Kins posted:

- The C4 explosion noise has been redone, to be beefier and more realistic.

lol @ u

RaDaMaNt
Apr 24, 2012

The Kins posted:

Game is finally playable again!

Lord Xander
Jun 2, 2014
Any good tips for a nova 2, i'm trying to get better at D2?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Lower your sensitivity to something between 2-3 @ 400 dpi. Play more.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
The new dust2 is awesome. Much improved.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

quote:

I wanna say that I've heard this when moving around and changing direction but I also have no idea what I'm supposed to be listening for. The player has sounds other than footsteps?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Lord Xander posted:

Any good tips for a nova 2, i'm trying to get better at D2?

Up until MG just pop heads better and burst better. Hell, it'll probably carry you futher.

Also, on CT stay alive at all costs, and on T if you're going somewhere, go with purpose and without fear.

Learn to use nades; you're gonna need them more and more as you gain ranks. The best way is to buy them every round and try using them as much as you can; sure, many of them will be poo poo/worse than useless, but you'll learn. If you want to be fancy, learn a couple popflashes, you're basically a Nova god with that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQZdjfyLMyE <- the long pop flashes are amazing for CT side. You can get a nasty spraydown easy during a rush.

On dust2, there are a few very useful smokes. This adren video is more advanced and you don't really need to pay attention to rotate tips at this point or whatever, but the smokes for T side strats/retakes are great and will let your team bust into sites: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce88AIWbki0

Very simple tips that will get you out of novas for sure.

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jul 10, 2015

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Dork457 posted:

I wanna say that I've heard this when moving around and changing direction but I also have no idea what I'm supposed to be listening for. The player has sounds other than footsteps?
Apparently! There's sounds in the player/footsteps/new folder that I'm guessing were added recently-ish for the player's clothing/equipment foley as they move around. It's even different audio for CT and T sides!

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

The Kins posted:

Apparently! There's sounds in the player/footsteps/new folder that I'm guessing were added recently-ish for the player's clothing/equipment foley as they move around. It's even different audio for CT and T sides!

Designer jeans make different sounds than a kevlar uniform not made of kevlar

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Somebody crunched some numbers on a guy who's opened thousands of cases:

Blue: 80%
Purple: 16%
Pink: 3.2%
Red: 0.64%
Knife: 0.16%

Simple logarithmic scale, I guess it makes pretty good sense. Now you work out your knife odds and cry/celebrate.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Its definitely one of the dumber ways of gambling.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
ESWC groups should be starting soon.

http://www.twitch.tv/faceittv
http://www.twitch.tv/eswc

First 4 matches. Please crush Hiko and upset NiP

info/brackets http://wiki.teamliquid.net/counterstrike/Electronic_Sports_World_Cup/2015

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Made MG1 recently. Still suck. If you want a bad player friend add me

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968056370/

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Please crush Hiko

Markeloff tweeted that F3 will probably have a pov stream which should be hilarious

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

Stumbletron posted:

Markeloff tweeted that F3 will probably have a pov stream which should be hilarious
this tourney is going to be a shitshow isn't it. strong source quality

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
I just want to hear s1mple rage at hiko :allears:

e: also the Chinese team (who apparently p90ed their way through the qualifiers) are on faceit's stream so that might be better

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

Stumbletron posted:

I just want to hear s1mple rage at hiko :allears:

4 matches at a time, 1 eng stream, no pov, no gotv, no threat/moses

my hope for groups because honestly who cares about nip and french teams with their current lineups. cs needs quality teams from asia again

A: C9, KeyD
B: Liquid, QeeYou
C: NaVi, SK
D: CLG, Renegades

mcvey ill never doubt you again this already awful

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jul 10, 2015

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.
The next operation should be nothing but surf maps.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
https://www.twitch.tv/faceittv/ is the alt english stream. Bardolf and Threat casting

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

Stumbletron posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/faceittv/ is the alt english stream. Bardolf and Threat casting
ok. is there a pov stream

e-nm

ESWC
‏@esworldcup
@ThatMacpotGuy yes, one of the team on the main stage will have pov stream

??

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Tokit posted:

The next operation should be nothing but surf maps.

This would fuckin rule and I would pay 20 dollar for it.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
I really like that ESWC is advertising a tournament management website on the bracket graphic for their horribly delayed tournament

:goonsay:

e: they might use this for the eventual pov stream?
http://www.twitch.tv/eswc_cs

Stumbletron fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jul 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

ok. is there a pov stream

e-nm

ESWC
‏@esworldcup
@ThatMacpotGuy yes, one of the team on the main stage will have pov stream

??

my expectations are lowering by the minute, at this point I'm just hoping that there's a flipside POV and that QeeYou is just somewhat entertaining/disruptive to watch

• Locked thread