Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdoo
Jul 24, 2012

Bad Tabletop Opinions Haver

SexyBlindfold posted:

Are you kidding me? Crying Breakfast Friends had such a strong formula, and then all of a sudden the network ruined it by introducing the new "hip" characters last season. Cereal With Sunglasses and Toast That Likes to Dunk are nothing more than cheap tie-ins for their awful toy line. Not to mention they really shat the bed by making the videogame an action platformer instead of a dating sim.

I'd actually pay for a crying breakfast friends or steven universe cough cough cough dating sim style game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdoo
Jul 24, 2012

SexyBlindfold posted:

Are you kidding me? Crying Breakfast Friends had such a strong formula, and then all of a sudden the network ruined it by introducing the new "hip" characters last season. Cereal With Sunglasses and Toast That Likes to Dunk are nothing more than cheap tie-ins for their awful toy line. Not to mention they really shat the bed by making the videogame an action platformer instead of a dating sim.

I've found that their new Breakfast Buffet style of releasing episodes 7 at a time has allowed you to follow these new characters a bit more. Honestly a lot of people love to hate Cereal With Sunglasses or Sunny Side Up but that whole love triangle between Sunny Side Up, Bashful Bacon and Hash Brown (how did they even get him past the censors) was adorable.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Some stuff in this thread inspired this

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

What did people end up deciding was the deal with what looked like a second hand ship when Steven looked out the window in Jailbreak?

Watching the episode again the ship Peridot and Jasper came in is pretty clearly a left hand. The only time we see a right hand is when Steven looks out the window, which makes me think that there is still another hand floating around somewhere. Could it be the titular "Friend Ship" in Friday's episode?

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

Danger Diabolik posted:

What did people end up deciding was the deal with what looked like a second hand ship when Steven looked out the window in Jailbreak?

Watching the episode again the ship Peridot and Jasper came in is pretty clearly a left hand. The only time we see a right hand is when Steven looks out the window, which makes me think that there is still another hand floating around somewhere. Could it be the titular "Friend Ship" in Friday's episode?

Creators confirmed it was just an oversight. Seems kinda big but, poo poo happens. If I were them I would've said something like "its advanced gem tech, you think it can't change shape to look like a different hand?" Just to be an rear end in a top hat.

LostRook posted:

At the same time it looks like that 4chan spoiler might have been real-ish.

I mean, to our knowledge, Steven's caretakers are the only ones who have any reason to keep him in the dark about stuff from the war. So if he meets another gem who isn't trying to kill him/destroy the earth, and he starts talking to them, the odds of certain gem war related poo poo coming to light starts to get very high. It's kind of inevitable

Flying-PCP fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 9, 2015

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
So random speculation based on revealed titles and the week drawings:

2nd episode having a breakfast drawing and the introduction of a new character means we finally find out about the weird monster from Together Breakfast and it's related to Sardonyx. At the same time it looks like that 4chan spoiler might have been real-ish.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
that 4chan screenshot was fake as poo poo. poo poo that is made of rubber, and very fake looking.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why does Cookie Cat have the same gem as Rose/ Steven?

Also, a pink space suit.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Megaspel posted:

that 4chan screenshot was fake as poo poo. poo poo that is made of rubber, and very fake looking.

Not the screenshot, the voice actor who described what appears to be an accurate synopsis. The screenshot was a Rick and Morty joke.

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

Why does Cookie Cat have the same gem as Rose/ Steven?

Also, a pink space suit.

Symbolism.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I've got a goldmine of fanart from mining Tumblr but never enough time to post it. So I'll just leave you with this 24k nugget here:

quote:

May I ask your thoughts on: SU, but instead of gems, they had vegetables

quote:

im la ughign what ???? vegetables ??? excuse me ???? vegetables. the crystal spuds. steven whispering “please come back pearl” into his hands and inside is an onion. the episode where amethyst gets injured in a grocery store and greg has to buy 200 dollars worth of eggplants because nobody knows which one is her. this

Tollymain posted:

okay one last picture because it's loving hilarious

Okay THIS is the pericopter I want as an av, holy poo poo

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I got some mail today. :kimchi:

kuponut
Oct 6, 2013

subpar anachronism posted:

It's SUPER DUPER YUMMY! Where did you get that adorable bracelet?!

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

kuponut posted:

It's SUPER DUPER YUMMY! Where did you get that adorable bracelet?!

I got it from this shop on Etsy. Shipped quickly (even internationally) and they have keychains and earrings too... got my eye on a chocolate cookie cat keychain now.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

subpar anachronism posted:

I don't think I'd be able to stop myself from knawing on those

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

JT Jag posted:

I don't think I'd be able to stop myself from knawing on those

All jokes aside, they straight up really do look super duper yummy.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Hi, I got some words to share.

Aight, so I don't really think that Sardonyx is Garnet and Pearl's fusion, as much as I want it to be. I don't feel we'll get that for quite a while, but what I really do want is some scenes with Garnet and Pearl. I feel like Garnet could be a good cap on Act 1 of Pearl's arc. I mean, here we have a character that is a living, loving relationship and another character who has a love that has turned unhealthy for her and I feel like there can be a bit of a breakthrough there, with Garnet talking to Pearl about what love can really be and maybe set her down a better path. Apologies if this sounds like fanfiction, but I feel like Garnet and Pearl are at great character junctures where them discussing this main theme of Love would be amazing and I wanna see that.

Probably the underlying reason I want to see their fusion so bad is because I want to get a grasp on what their relationship is even like. The Gems seem to have kept their nose out of each other's business, like Pearl having no idea how Amethyst felt regarding her creation in On the Run and Garnet just doing nothing when Pearl yells at Steven and runs off in Rose's Scabbard. We've already seen Steven push the Gems to have needed interactions and conversations with each other and I'd like to see them maybe do that themselves, though granted, that may not work with the whole We Only See What Steven Sees.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Ramos posted:

One day I shall name my firstborn child Football and he shall be a master of boxing and help save the world from evil doers.

That sounds like the most Go Nagai plan ever, my hats off to you sir.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

Moltrey posted:

I don't really think that Sardonyx is Garnet and Pearl's fusion

What is the maximum amount of money you will bet on this

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
SPOILER FROM COMIC-CON

They just revealed that Sardonyx is the Pearl Garnet fusion

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hahahahahahah.

what.

no.

what?

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Looks like Sardonyx might also have a case of dorito head. Sardorito.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Second pair of eyes that are smug: still on point.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

SPOILER FROM COMIC-CON

I'mma be super pissed if this is the case because I wasn't paying attention and just rolled over the spoiler SAVE YOURSELVES!!! DON'T LOOK!!

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
More Comic-con stuff. Spoilers below. Seriously. Move your mouse away now if you don't wanna see things.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Somberbrero posted:

hahahahahahah.

what.

no.

what?

I get that reaction, especially after Opal and Sugilite and Rainbow Quartz. Going by looks it seems like a massive Poochie, and honestly? I think it will be.

It also makes total sense though. Garnet: master of comedy plus Pearl's... eehhh... could pretty easily add up to a tone deaf 90s stand up act.

On the other hand, Indigo Cephalopods why would you put babby Steven in spoilers??? :syoon:

Cloche
Mar 4, 2010

If Sardonyx is voiced by Janelle Monae I will scream forever.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

More Comic-con stuff. Spoilers below. Seriously. Move your mouse away now if you don't wanna see things.

spoiler images cut because they weren't actually behind boxes in the quote

THAT'S A YOUNGER STEVEN THOSE ARE THE S1 GEM DESIGNS I THINK THIS IS THE HAND-OFF FROM GREG BACK TO THE GEMS OR HIM SEEING GREG FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A WHILE OR SOMETHING

...I'm excited...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Don't quote that poo poo, guys. It breaks the tags.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Well, I'm excited, dunno about y'all. :woop:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
It's gonna be goofy and embarrassing and magical as hell, get ready to laugh away those sad gay salty tears :allears:

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
The best part about Sardonyx: apparently Pearl and Garnet's dance is the gayest one yet

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
For some reason that outfit screams "bad stand up act" to me.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

e X posted:

For some reason that outfit screams "bad stand up act" to me.

OH gently caress. Wouldn't her weapon be a huge fuckoff sledgehammer? She's Gem Gallagher.

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jul 10, 2015

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I really, really want to see that extended intro.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I love Sardonyx's design. She looks extremely goofy, but obviously on purpose. I bet she'll be dorky and aggressively show-boaty.

Macdoo
Jul 24, 2012

Didn't think I'd have to abandon the SU threads this early to avoid spoilers. Good thing I caught it early before people start forgetting to tag their spoilers. Into the Steven Bomb Shelter I go!

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Here is a link to SPOILER CITY if anyone is interested in a video of something VERY SPOILERY. Even the url name is spoilery !!

edit:

deadly_pudding posted:

OH gently caress. Wouldn't her weapon be a huge fuckoff sledgehammer? She's Gem Gallagher.

Haha wasn't one of the upcoming episode titles Super Watermelon Island oh my god I can't handle Gem Gallagher

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale
I'll go ahead and spoil this just in case but I think it might by a misdirect. It just seems so weird to build up weeks in advance something big and have it be something so goofy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

I'll go ahead and spoil this just in case but I think it might by a misdirect. It just seems so weird to build up weeks in advance something big and have it be something so goofy

Neat, I don't think I've ever seen somebody exhibit the Denial reaction in real time before :allears:

• Locked thread