Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I don't think I should feel this but I got really weirded out by Steel Ball Run when they show a Jostar having sex with actual woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

You never see a Joestar having sex.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I don't think I should feel this but I got really weirded out by Steel Ball Run when they show a Jostar having sex with actual woman

Man, Part 8 must have you just dead then. Everyone is so thirsty, even that weirdo origami baby. Actually, especially that baby.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Actually, especially that baby.

That kids a fuckin creep

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
So I thought Valentine had lost some weight, but I figured it must be my imagination... then there is this panel where Valentine is walking away from Lucy and Araki draws attention to the loud clacking noise his shoes make on the floor, and I remember that Scarlet says that the reason she fell in love with him was because he never made a single sound when he walked anywhere, no matter what. Something is definitely up here. All in all, I think the movement to a monthly format, and another magazine I guess, is good because this kind of subtle thing just isn't something you often see in normal shounen without a character specifically calling it out to make sure you notice.

Yeah the dude just took off his shirt and he's totally cut. I'd have said it's the corpse parts, but this very scene established he's keeping them in the next room. I guess it could be an impostor? That'd be a nice parallel, with Lucy doing the same thing, but that doesn't explain why the old fat Valentine had the same goal. Gah.

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 9, 2015

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Prison Warden posted:

So I thought Valentine had lost some weight, but I figured it must be my imagination... then there is this panel where Valentine is walking away from Lucy and Araki draws attention to the loud clacking noise his shoes make on the floor, and I remember that Scarlet says that the reason she fell in love with him was because he never made a single sound when he walked anywhere, no matter what. Something is definitely up here. All in all, I think the movement to a monthly format, and another magazine I guess, is good because this kind of subtle thing just isn't something you often see in normal shounen without a character specifically calling it out to make sure you notice.

Yeah the dude just took off his shirt and he's totally cut. I'd have said it's the corpse parts, but this very scene established he's keeping them in the next room. I guess it could be an impostor? That'd be a nice parallel, with Lucy doing the same thing, but that doesn't explain why the old fat Valentine had the same goal. Gah.

poo poo’s about to get very real. It’s all a loving roller coaster ride from here on out. Enjoy. :getin:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Prison Warden posted:

Keep going, your questions will be answered.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

That kids a fuckin creep

which one's worse do you think, him or joshuu

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
When Part 3 anime was ending, my friend decided to wait until it was done to binge watch all of the episodes within DIO’s mansion all at once - basically everything after Pet Shop, since all those fights afterwards blend into one another and kind of constitute the finale of the part. They were also super duper pumped at the idea that the DIO fight was four whole episodes. I then decided to look into how long each of the rest of the parts’ final fights would be, using the page counts as reference. (Spoilering since this is about the section Prison Warden is reading right now) From the first D4C chapter to the end of SBR, it’s just about the exact same length as the entirety of Battle Tendency. Imagine my friend’s surprise when i broke it to them that the finale fight of SBR would probably take about twelve loving episodes.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Fungah! posted:

They're both equally bad but in different ways

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Fungah! posted:

To be fair, almost everyone in that family is pretty loving thirsty.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fiend Computer posted:

To be fair, almost everyone in that family is pretty loving thirsty.

norisuke's cool so far. ir eally hope he ends up just being a cool dad who raised a bunch of weirdos

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Prison Warden posted:

Feast your eyes on the glory that is Buffentine.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I gotta say, before this chapter revealed just what Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap actually did, I had no loving clue what was happening. I guess Valentine can, like, merge with alternate universe versions of himself just fine, in addition to jumping between worlds and letting them coexist.

I suppose Araki was just done with using time based abilities for the bad guys after The World, Bites The Dust and Stairway to Heaven. Now lets try Space based stands.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Prison Warden posted:

I suppose Araki was just done with using time based abilities for the bad guys after The World, Bites The Dust and Stairway to Heaven. Now lets try Space based stands.

It's alternate timelines.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

FirstAidKite posted:

That kids a fuckin creep

There are no babies in Jojo who are not assholes, with the possible exception of Shizuka Joestar

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How popular is Jojo in Japan? Like the entire series overall. Is it held in high regard?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

at least Tsurugi isn't an attempted rapist like his uncle.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How popular is Jojo in Japan? Like the entire series overall. Is it held in high regard?

It's been running for over 25 years in the most competitive manga imprint in the country.

You tell me.

Edit: The answer is yes, it's a drat institution. Not on the level of something like Dragon Ball or One Piece, and it had been a bit under the radar since the Phantom Blood movie back in 07, but it's very popular.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 10, 2015

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Caution: Bears

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Prison Warden posted:

Caution: Bears

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

JoJo basically invented half of modern anime tropes. It's an iconic series most people will recognize immediately, and the current arc is going strong, sales-wise.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this gets said a lot but an 'unpopular' jojo's arc in japan is still fairly popular when compared to other series. it's well-liked.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD1abQAYOVU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

How popular is the pope with Catholics?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

How popular is Valentine with the people of America?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Aurain posted:

Here's a not blacked out version of the chart I just put in the anime thread.

I'm currently rereading DiU, where would I fall on the chart.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

David D. Davidson posted:

I'm currently rereading DiU, where would I fall on the chart.

KEEP READING DIAMOND IS UNBREAKABLE

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Diamond is Forever

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Aurain posted:

Their typesetting around the end of last/turn of the year has taken a turn for the worse, with them abusing gradient fills and specific fonts for characters. Giorno always speaks in some weird serif font and often has a black and gold gradient behind it.

What the gently caress, I never realized it had gotten that bad. I'll tell them to rein it in.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

This kid is how everyone should feel in their hearts about Jojo.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
We already have this picture book

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
So since JoJo is so popular, why did it get such a low budget anime adaptation?

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Waffleman_ posted:

How popular is Valentine with the people of America?
91%

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

The Unholy Ghost posted:

So since JoJo is so popular, why did it get such a low budget anime adaptation?

you're dumb

they threw a fuckload of money at it but david production is not a real studio so the show is hacked together by approximately 29 different outsourced studios.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Pop stars can do Jojo poses, and people know what they're doing.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It looks like Kira

bit the dust

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So that was pretty rad, can I read Vento Aureo or is it afflicted with whatever weird scan disease Jojo has always seemed to suffer from?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Rodyle posted:

So that was pretty rad, can I read Vento Aureo or is it afflicted with whatever weird scan disease Jojo has always seemed to suffer from?

I haven't read it yet but the consensus seems to be: good grammar but a poor translation that loses all the actual characterization and just makes poo poo up wholesale at certain points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That sounds like "gently caress it Rodyle, who cares about Italy and Prison, give into your basic instincts and go read The President Tries to Conquer Cowboy World!"

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jul 10, 2015