Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
This fight is a real bad time for Aldana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Le Saboteur posted:

This fight is a real bad time for Aldana.

I think she's got the flu

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Lol Kedzie is making sickness/cardio excuses for someone being entirely out grappled.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

If anything this fight so far is a testament to the power of spite.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

I think she's got the flu

Then this is just a real bad day in general for her.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I can't believe Aldana would be considered a UFC prospect.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Also it's good to know that Kedzie is still very bad at this. Considering how non-offensive TJ DeSantis is, they should just consider also springing for Jordan Breen or some other Sherdog personality to replace her.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Le Saboteur posted:

I can't believe Aldana would be considered a UFC prospect.

135 is shallow

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
It's v good that the evolution of WMMA means we get a lady version of Dan Henderson, including looking like a trucker

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Whooped by Lady Hendo.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

quote:

danawhiteufc
The future!! @alexa_grasso and @irenealdanar #ufcmexico @ufc
stay safe Alexa :ohdear:

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Paging Marching Powder, Jon Jones is sitting next to Bas Rutten

vvv:hf:vvv

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Nice to see Jon Jones making it out to take in some fights with Bas.

e: gently caress I knew that was low-hanging fruit

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

colonel_korn posted:

stay safe Alexa :ohdear:

She already had a tough fight against a grappler and didn't look awful.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

gently caress man, it's two in the morning let's first round KO this one Cyborg.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

So does anyone think that Faith had any idea that Cyborg was the champ before calling her out

1st AD fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jul 10, 2015

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Kim Winslow is back on this one, so we may actually see a homicide

e: oh thank god it's just Mazagatti

(this is the first time I've ever said that)

Solomonic fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jul 10, 2015

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Tito sighted.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Cyborg's english is better than I realized. Anyways I'm gonna go with a finish within 2 minutes.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Mazzagati gonna allow a murder tonight. Kim Winslow will demand the corpse stand up.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Le Saboteur posted:

Mazzagati gonna allow a murder tonight. Kim Winslow will demand the corpse stand up.

Actually a good stoppage, what the hell Steve

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

lol

mister
Dec 18, 2011
Whelp, that's over. Time to go to bed.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Mazzagatti the Merciful

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

lmao Cyborg tosses the Brazilian flag onto the ground so that she can get her sponsor's shirt on in time.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Those boos must have really got to Mazzagati. He just wants to be loved.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Yes that was worth staying up for. I got an elitexc vibe from how eager mazagatti was to stop that fight.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Cheeto :ortiz:

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Maybe Cyborg is a nice girl but I still can't shake the thought of her juicing to the gills to punch the gently caress out of undersized females and being managed by Tito Ortiz.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Street Horrrsing posted:

Yes that was worth staying up for. I got an elitexc vibe from how eager mazagatti was to stop that fight.

she was beating the poo poo out of van duin and landed like 6 or 7 power punches flush, mazz didn't run in to stop it until van duin basically dropped to the ground and stopped defending anything

the rare good mazz stoppage

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
Seeing Werdum stand up there with rest of Cyborg's team to take a picture made me realize how big Tito's head is

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

also tank you bery much tchu cyborg for finish this fight early, i trainy hard tchu wake up and watch the fight and now i go back tchu sleep

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

1st AD posted:

she was beating the poo poo out of van duin and landed like 6 or 7 power punches flush, mazz didn't run in to stop it until van duin basically dropped to the ground and stopped defending anything

the rare good mazz stoppage

I'll admit I wasn't paying the strictest attention and thought that the time between cyborg dropping her opponent and the fight getting called off was suspiciously quick, espeically in the light of how kim winslow was to repeatedly stand up the prior title match for 'inactivity'. In reality I guess I wanted an additional quarter second to prove that Cyborg was loving up that girl as badly as she was claiming that she was.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That was that night's second Mazzagati judgment call standup which initially seemed fast but then proved correct after the fighters were separated. In the Marina Shafir fight it seemed like a quick stoppage, but then Shafir couldn't stand up when her opponent walked away.

Of course, Mazzagati didn't notice that the entire standing GNP in that fight happened while the chick was holding the fence and pounding Shafir in the head :wtc:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

cagepotatomma posted:

True story: Tonya Evinger once beat the hell out of my aunt, who's a high school bus driver. It was 11 am. They were both drunk.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Finally, som proper, in-depth, MMA journalism.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

tl;dr version of the card:

Cyborg vs Van Duin http://gfycat.com/MetallicForsakenAnchovy
Evinger vs Aldana https://twitter.com/UFCFightPass/status/619380941694242816
Kianzad vs Clark http://gfycat.com/ReasonableAngelicKiwi :pervert:
Brown vs Costigan http://gfycat.com/RevolvingWatchfulGull
Leibrock vs Shafir http://gfycat.com/SoreFlawedAmericansaddlebred

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
I just watched Kianzad's fight, since I'm horribly nationalistic, and I really liked her boxing. She is improving pretty rapidly. Hopefully she gets a chance in the UFC soonish.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
Kianzad trains in the same tiny Danish club as Nicolas Dalby, yet on top of solid combinations, both have also been surprisingly effective with their wrestling in their careers so far. Pannie's only like 23 or 24, though, so I hope she doesn't get fast-tracked to the UFC. I thought she looked good in the fight, but she also got hit with a ton of leg kicks and could've put a bit more behind some of her combinations. I'm guessing she'll challenge Evinger next, and I'm worried that Evinger might be too experienced and too American to fall victim to a Scandinavian single. Don't get me wrong, Evinger actually seems cool as hell, but Kianzad has my support.

Her main training partner, Anna Elmose, isn't exactly Evingeresque in her approach, but I think she hits about as hard as anyone in the women's 135-pound division: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsOoCD_BSis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03XGNLtIm98

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

DekeThornton posted:

I just watched Kianzad's fight, since I'm horribly nationalistic, and I really liked her boxing. She is improving pretty rapidly. Hopefully she gets a chance in the UFC soonish.

Shannon Knapp wants her to fight Evinger next.

That being said, she's already UFC-ready, and would be a nice pick-up for a division that absolutely could use a few quality signings right now.