Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone

Moving on up in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm poor and want an MMO to play. I've played Runescape like once in 2007, is it a different game now or something?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it's literally the same exact game, not a single facet of it has changed in 8 years

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Babe Magnet posted:

it's literally the same exact game, not a single facet of it has changed in 8 years

I guess I should've been more accurate, I've played it before (like in the early 2000s?) and didn't really notice any change when I played it in 07, so-

y'know what I'm just gonna play the game how about

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
The first post in this thread describes a lot of changes in RS.

Aside: isn't Pizza Lady Ausfailian? What're you doing in my city :[

(can you fix my bank plz)

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Foreskin Problems posted:

The first post in this thread describes a lot of changes in RS.

Yeah, sorry about that. Kinda sleep-deprived and still recovering from being drugged out of my mind.

So, uh, unless I'm missing something this game controls pretty horrifically and runs worse than it has any right to. :stare:

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 9, 2015

Read
Dec 21, 2010

It controls by clicking on places where you want to go and then you go there?

The performance problems are definitely real though, that's a consequence of an old, bad codebase in a language poorly suited to the application. A fix (C++ client) is in the works and I think a beta is expected for 4th quarter 2015.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Grats on your Arraxor kill Swicky!!!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Read posted:

The performance problems are definitely real though, that's a consequence of an old, bad codebase in a language poorly suited to the application. A fix (C++ client) is in the works and I think a beta is expected for 4th quarter 2015.

Oh, okay. I might hold off on the game until that hits, haha.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Read posted:

Grats on your Arraxor kill Swicky!!!

Ain't nuffin but a gthang

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
19 loving PULSE CORES AND NOT ONE ARTISAN BOOST

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yeah, sorry about that. Kinda sleep-deprived and still recovering from being drugged out of my mind.

So, uh, unless I'm missing something this game controls pretty horrifically and runs worse than it has any right to. :stare:

The performance problems might just be from it downloading all the game assets for the first time.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Graphic settings, DirectX not OpenGL

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Swicky posted:

Graphic settings, DirectX not OpenGL

Much better, thanks!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

How exactly do I join Goonscape these days? The social UI seems to be a bit different from what's shown in the OP.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Read the first post

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Thug Life

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

How exactly do I join Goonscape these days? The social UI seems to be a bit different from what's shown in the OP.

If you're still having problems I can come on and add you, but the steps are more or less: Open Clan UI, join Clan Chat, switch to Guest Clan chat tab, ask to be invited. Someone hops to your world, teles to you and adds you.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Anyone got an up to date list of monsters with combat levels over 120, preferably non-bosses? Besides random monsters in dungeoneering, that is.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Nintendo Kid posted:

Anyone got an up to date list of monsters with combat levels over 120, preferably non-bosses? Besides random monsters in dungeoneering, that is.

Check the wiki?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

CashEnsign posted:

Check the wiki?

The wiki still has a list based on pre-eoc numbers, and then another based on early eoc numbers before they partially readjusted things

Read
Dec 21, 2010

If you're asking for the Daily Challenge, Elves work fine IIRC.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Yeah, if you can access Priffdinas (and if you can't, what the gently caress are you doing instead of prepping for Plague's End :colbert:). I got one thing to make me log in, and then I find out I gotta get chewed bones to properly finish barbarian training; Jagex has greatest logic on making quests depend solely on RNG.

sisterSyzygy
Sep 5, 2013

The funk soul brother at the back of her head has gone dark. Forever.
Gonna need my Ironwoman added to the clan. Her name is Donak Dum (as in, "Don't act dumb," something I can't do :v:)

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Here's something fun and cool I found over on memeland (I know, I know)

Someone who was previously #3 on the seasonal highscores complained on le redditscape about the top 2 people possibly account sharing, and wanted them removed. Mod Kelpie investigated, and not only did he find that the top 2 players were indeed account sharing, but also the person who made the complaint. Temp bans and highscore removals for all involved!

Now usually the story would end here, but because this is Runescape, of course it doesn't. One of the players involved (supposedly also a HLF hotshot) then took to Mod Kelpie's Twitter page in an effort to try and get the decision reversed, which eventually ended in a picture of them cutting their big fat thigh (or a generic image of someone else cutting their big fat thigh, no one seems to know) in an effort to guilt trip him / garner sympathy I suppose?

:stonk: :barf: :nws: http://puu.sh/iUtm1.png :nws: :barf: :stonk:

Yes cutting yourself over a big nerd competition seems like exceptionally reasonable recourse.

So yeah, that's my pubbie story

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

No hits on GIS for that leg. Maybe it is her leg? :shrug:

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

RuneScape: Still Crazy After All These Years

In update-related news, Mods Osbourne and Conor ran a little update poll for next year/late 2015 and it seemed largely quest focused. :woop: Maybe we'll see some old quest lines wrapped up finally!

https://twitter.com/JagexConor/status/619149553028104193

oh

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Soulhunter posted:

In update-related news, Mods Osbourne and Conor ran a little update poll for next year/late 2015 and it seemed largely quest focused. :woop: Maybe we'll see some old quest lines wrapped up finally!

oh

There's another poll on his twitter too which revealed this list:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Soulhunter posted:

oh

I'd come back for more elemental workshop. :lumpen:

Also not going to comment on the above story because that person needs help. Soon. End of story.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Finally got around to doing my Pulse Core Overloads, which went swimmingly and only cost me 25m (84-90 herb + extremes to make ovls). I made 105~ 3 Dose Ovls to start, so 315 doses which should give me around 100 Raxor kills assuming I'm bad and take 3 doses a kill. Hopefully I can get some good drop luck by then.

I've never fought Arraxor before, but my plan is to upgrade from my t70 range armour to t90 (35m, I only have 20m left atm so I'll have to farm a bit) and then borrow asc crossbows for an hour a day to do a few kills before the enrage gets too high.

Gettin' up there in the RS world \o/

Alienscorch
Jul 4, 2015
Finally managed to get the RCB after 13 QBD attempts.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
raids are a thing now. should I try and play them or are they :jagex:

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

SleepingPizza posted:

raids are a thing now. should I try and play them or are they :jagex:

They're actually pretty fun and challenging

And infuriating as gently caress since pubbies can be stupid and selfish which causes deaths.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

http://runeapps.org/alt1

This looks neat, though I'm inherently suspicious of 3rd party programs with how rampant account farming is in MMOs.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Swicky posted:

They're actually pretty fun and challenging

And infuriating as gently caress since pubbies can be stupid and selfish which causes deaths.

i'll wait a week or ten until everyones pro and i can leach

EDIT:

The ed8rs have landed in OSRS

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 17, 2015

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

SleepingPizza posted:

i'll wait a week or ten until everyones pro and i can leach

EDIT:

The ed8rs have landed in OSRS

Have fun paying 50mill and 400mill for leaches

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
meh. if i have to oh well then i just wont. bored of runegame anyway

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Me and Safety are doing p-awesome in the first raid while he's advancing well in the second one, so join us

Read
Dec 21, 2010

If you aren't already, farm Clawdia for cocktails while the summer event is still here.

Lasts for half an hour and each additional cocktail refreshes the timer while maintaining the 10% boost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Clawmidia,