Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Finally, go on cav!

Nice lead out by Greipel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
Yep. Must be nice for Cav to save their rep now he doesn't have to work for Martin :-)

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Pretty impressive how thoroughly Kristoff got smoked there.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Great finish! Really mixed it up there.

Would be cool to see Sagan in yellow for a day. Tomorrow looks promising for him.

edit; ah, thought Sagan was like five seconds back. Looks like he's 11. First place bonus is only 10. Would have to get a gap over Froome.

dema fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 10, 2015

scaevola
Jan 25, 2011

Smirr posted:

Pretty impressive how thoroughly Kristoff got smoked there.

I can't imagine Kristoff is in anything close to his spring form. Today he seemed to have a good leadout, and got what - fifth?

At least he can be happy about his spring. I'm surprised if he wins anything this tour. (That's a bit late to say now, I know, with all but two sprinters' stages left.)

Sagan is probably on track for the green in Paris without stage wins - like last year.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I didn't mind that. I mean, yeah, Cav is a little prickly at times but it'd be sad if he just faded away.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Greipel's legs are just :stare:

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
Thigh gap 😍

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011
Daniel Teklehaimanot's just become the first black African to take a major jersey at a Grand Tour, which is pretty impressive. Looking forward to seeing what he can do when the mountain stages start to mount up.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Luca Paolini busted for coke and out of the tour.

Hah! Least shocking news ever.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Gibbo posted:

Johnny Hoogerland.

2012 year someone punctured a loving lung with a broken rib.

Wout Poels, he also almost lost a kidney during that stage.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

dema posted:

Why they punishing a bro who just likes to party? Their own fault for starting the race right next door to Amsterdam!

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Italians love they cocaine

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

dema posted:

Completely amazing. Nothing about this doesn't own

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

kim jong-illin posted:

Daniel Teklehaimanot's just become the first black African to take a major jersey at a Grand Tour, which is pretty impressive. Looking forward to seeing what he can do when the mountain stages start to mount up.

Unfortunately comes on the same day that one of his team mates was racially abused in the tour of austria.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/berhane-racially-abused-at-tour-of-austria

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

This is probably going to get me yelled at but it looks like Paolini won this year's Souvenir Marco Pantani.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Unfortunately comes on the same day that one of his team mates was racially abused in the tour of austria.

fucking friend of the family
                          /

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

dema posted:

Why is this even on the substances list? Coke isn't performance enhancing at all. This is like that olympic snowboarder that got busted for smoking weed.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

newreply.php posted:

Why is this even on the substances list? Coke isn't performance enhancing at all. This is like that olympic snowboarder that got busted for smoking weed.

Its a health of the riders and reputation of the sport thing, rather than performance

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Hit a fat line of pow before an HC climb and I guarantee you will do a PR.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Opa Boonen Style.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

newreply.php posted:

It's to counteract the vasodilatory effects of the other poo poo he's on.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
It's a well-established Tour tradition to show up at the start line without the yellow jersey on if you inherit it because of a crash, but most of the time ASO just tells you they will kick you out of the race if you don't do your duty to the sponsors and wear the loving thing.

Also, 'mon the Cav. As usual it took him a few stages to warm up, it's a shame for him that there are so few sprint days left.

Sagan in yellow tomorrow evening?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

newreply.php posted:

In low doeses, cocaine is a stimulant. Weed is banned due to it's analgesic properties and also in sports like snowboarding it helps in being relaxed and more willing to take risks, the theory is that the "I dont give a gently caress" makes it more likely you'll land whatever you are trying to do and conters the detriments weed has. Wether that's true or not, no idea, the scientific reason is weed is a kick rear end analgesic.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
Its a stimulant sure but it jacks up you heart rate a lot for the amount of stimulation compared to amphetamines. Let the dudes have their fun is my opinion. The "reputation of the sport" is ruined more by all this publicity.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

newreply.php posted:

The "reputation of the sport" is ruined more by all this publicity.

Congratulations, you have reproduced the exact reasoning that led to the UCI's complicity in covering up doping for the past fifty years.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I think seeing cyclists do lines off the backs of the domestiques mid stage is just the kind of shake up the sport needs.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Nah, off a hooker's arse stuck out the window of a team car.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
I think you guys are exaggerating a bit tbh. In-race cocaine would probably cause too many Tom Simpsonesque scenes.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

goatface posted:

Nah, off a hooker's arse stuck out the window of a team car.

Hire hookers as domestiques.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

dema posted:

That's a bit old school. Didn't some riders dabble in cocaine in the 60s as a performance enhancer until they worked out speed was more effective?

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
I really doubt it as coke was well researched at that time and not as widespread as a recreational drug. Amphetamines had been there from before WWII.

Otoh

quote:

1886[edit]
In 1886, a Welsh cyclist is popularly reputed to have died after drinking a blend of cocaine, caffeine and strychnine, supposedly in the Bordeaux–Paris race. This was included in the 1997 International Olympic Committee study on the Historical Evolution of Doping Phenomenon, and listed as the presumed first death due to doping during a competition.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

newreply.php posted:

I really doubt it as coke was well researched at that time and not as widespread as a recreational drug. Amphetamines had been there from before WWII.

Otoh

coke was an over-the-counter medicine/recreational drug since at least the 19th century

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

serious gaylord posted:

Horse poo poo. Polish people are not racist.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

African AIDS cum posted:

Horse poo poo. Polish people are not racist.

I'm not sure if that's a joke, but I've worked with multiple poles (and armenians, and turks)

And they were all racist as gently caress. (But only about the Asians. )

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Gibbo posted:

I'm not sure if that's a joke, but I've worked with multiple poles

Ah, taking after your mother

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

You got me.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Gibbo posted:

You got me.

I edited it to a better joke. Have a look

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

African AIDS cum posted:

I edited it to a better joke. Have a look

You assume I care about my family. My mother can rot in a hell of cocks for all I care.

Please try a more personal attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

African AIDS cum posted:

Ah, taking after your mother

The Froome domination is causing posters to turn on each other.