Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

kayakyakr posted:

Phil Robertson is a terrible QB.

Among other things, yeah. Phil Robertson is a terrible <insert role of choice>.

Besides, everything 20 miles north of I-10 & further up isn't even Louisiana, so we don't really claim him & his ilk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
The Rams selected that Clemson tackle who left the team for "family reasons" in the supplemental draft. Is he going to pan out to be a pretty good NFL player?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Kenny Stabler almost ran me over in the Bruno's parking lot during a 1am beer run. He was also buying and was pretty drunk behind the wheel. Gonna miss that guy.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Fluffdaddy posted:

Kenny Stabler almost ran me over in the Bruno's parking lot during a 1am beer run. He was also buying and was pretty drunk behind the wheel. Gonna miss that guy.

Predates Kenny Powers by at least 40 years:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Among other things, yeah. Phil Robertson is a terrible <insert role of choice>.

Besides, everything 20 miles north of I-10 & further up isn't even Louisiana, so we don't really claim him & his ilk.

Truth.

I did my undergrad at LA Tech and it was like being in a different country from where I grew up near the mouth of the Mississippi river. gently caress that place, everyone from north LA was loving weird and the church organizations on campus dwarfed every other group including the greek houses.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Mike_V posted:

The Rams selected that Clemson tackle who left the team for "family reasons" in the supplemental draft. Is he going to pan out to be a pretty good NFL player?

He will once weed is legal

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Thought the 'Bama fans might enjoy this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn6yjaBQeEI

Kenny Stabler @ QB for 'Bama versus Phil Robertson @ QB or LaTech. (Bradshaw was Robertson's back-up)

Two guys who were at opposite ends of awesome. I hope all the Robertson's drown in the hick bog they were born in.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
And the hits just keep coming...

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/football/2015/07/10/fsu-rb-dalvin-cook-investigation-battery/29971363/

FSU RB Dalvin Cook under investigation for battery.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hey neat now I don't have to feel as bad about missing out on him

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Reminder that Jimbo is literally using the ability to break laws and get away with it as a tool for recruiting

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

eerily similar to the old bill cosby portrait

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

FSU locking up that Fulmer award

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

An indictment is not a conviction
_______________________/

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Jesus loving Christ you idiots

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I wish Taylor Jacobs ate more pineapple
_________________/

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Wow this whole FSU thing is terrible, thank goodness none of these players are Heisman candidates who I dunno maybe battered women with his penis

This is kinda like when OJ wrote that book to rub it in that he got away with it

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

:smith:

Florida State Football, everybody.

In fairness, he really is following the blueprint of Ol' Bowden.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 10, 2015

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

^^^
Or Urbs

If that's true then cya Dalvin

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

It's like they were so tired of being the Clown College that they decided to be Convict College

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Spintzel posted:

It's like they were so tired of being the Clown College that they decided to be Convict College

Free Shoes, Orange shirt, Orange Pants university

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like the investigation is now turning into an arrest warrant per ESPN.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Looks like the investigation is now turning into an arrest warrant per ESPN.

Yeah, in the original link that was posted the state attorney said he anticipated that he expected charges to filed this afternoon.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Two game suspension, unless the photos are released to the media then he is off the team.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Restored:

:rolleyes:

Only to a Nole is rampant CDV analogous to a minor possession spree.

For posterity, Meyer booted Jacques Rickerson, suspended Avery Atkins (who then transferred), suspended Ronnie Wilson for battery/discharging firearm for one year and was kicked off after his second offense, Gary Brown was kicked off for assault battery, suspended Cam Newton for remainder of season for burglary, and Chris Rainey was dismissed for stalking.

Everything else was DUI, possession of alcohol or minor marijuana possession. Or the charges were dropped.

There was a lot of crime at UF during his tenure and that is indefensible--but he wasn't exactly easy on players when it came to CDV, assault/battery.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jul 10, 2015

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

LeeMajors posted:

:rolleyes:

Only to a Nole is rampant CDV analogous to a minor possession spree.

uhhhh you do remember aaron hernandez shot at some people right

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Raku posted:

uhhhh you do remember aaron hernandez shot at some people right

Dude's a serial killer, and poo poo went down after he was gone.

FSU has been flaunted a lax TPD as an asset to their high risk behavior. Pretty gross.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Revoke FSU's national championship imo

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Mike_V posted:

Probably, 5th rnd pick seems like good value, if he went pro next year he probably had a ceiling of 3rd round pick. Of course this assumes he quits getting caught with weed.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Break Florida off at the border and let them just float out into the middle of the ocean.

They probably wouldn't notice until conference games started.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Dude's a serial killer, and poo poo went down after he was gone.

FSU has been flaunted a lax TPD as an asset to their high risk behavior. Pretty gross.

poo poo was going on while he was there too, just not as much of the murdering. It's okay, you can admit the situation at UF was bad for awhile too, it doesn't make you any less of a fan.

Things are just out of hand at FSU right now, it's downright embarrassing.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

i'm not going to site here and listen to anyone besmirch the honor of the pouncey twins

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dalvin Cook suspended indefinitely.

Ehud fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jul 10, 2015

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Dattserberg posted:

poo poo was going on while he was there too, just not as much of the murdering. It's okay, you can admit the situation at UF was bad for awhile too, it doesn't make you any less of a fan.

Things are just out of hand at FSU right now, it's downright embarrassing.

I love the stretch of "well he murdered people with the patriots urban must've known he was a murderer when he recruited him".

Iirc he only got into a fight or something at a bar and it wasn't with a woman.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

vyst posted:

I love the stretch of "well he murdered people with the patriots urban must've known he was a murderer when he recruited him".

Iirc he only got into a fight or something at a bar and it wasn't with a woman.

Pretty sure that he was involved in a shooting in Orlando while he was at UF too. Obviously they had no way of knowing what he would turn into a serial killer but he had several run-ins with the law while there. I tried to be clear about saying that he wasn't a murderer while in Gainesville too.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

Calvin Cook suspended indefinitely.

If this all turns out to be true, you need to cut him loose at this point and seriously re-evaluate the kids you're bringing in to the program.

e: The story making the rounds on FSU message boards is that he was breaking up a fight between two women and pushed one of them out of the way to separate them. She fell to the ground and suffered some bruising and that is where the charges stem from. Yeah, I'm not buying that one fellas.

Dattserberg fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 10, 2015

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Dattserberg posted:

If this all turns out to be true, you need to cut him loose at this point and seriously re-evaluate the kids you're bringing in to the program.

e: The story making the rounds on FSU message boards is that he was breaking up a fight between two women and pushed one of them out of the way to separate them. She fell to the ground and suffered some bruising and that is where the charges stem from. Yeah, I'm not buying that one fellas.

He pushed her out of the way with his fist... multiple times... He was just trying to help you see.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

That's pretty much the "she ran into the door" excuse. FSU mad theycgot embarrassed by Oregon, making sure they lock up the Fulmer

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Ray Rice was trying to stop a fight between himself and the elevator and Janay foolishly got in the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

• Locked thread