Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Community manager said "There are no plans for a rollback because of this error "

Enjoy before they fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

ohsosad posted:

Community manager said "There are no plans for a rollback because of this error "

Enjoy before they fix it.

50k credits in the bank baby :parrot:

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

I'm stupid and I bought this because goons seem excited and this makes me excited. I hope this is not another Tree of Life (thank god for steam refunds).

I bought the NA edition (do I really have to pay again to play on EU too, anyone knows? wtf)

Are there servers, what server are we on?

Patching now will be in-game after work.

Esdesu
Sep 14, 2014

Pixelslol posted:

I'm stupid and I bought this because goons seem excited and this makes me excited. I hope this is not another Tree of Life (thank god for steam refunds).

I bought the NA edition (do I really have to pay again to play on EU too, anyone knows? wtf)

Are there servers, what server are we on?

Patching now will be in-game after work.

There is only one NA server, join that and you'll find us.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Kinda stuck as to which class I want to go with.

Archer, Slayer and Necro all play in a way that I like. Pretty sure I'm going to make a beeline for Archer first so I can just snipe kills in PVP for ez-mode grinding.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Despite not having that much fun in the stress test, I have poor self-control and convinced myself that it was because of the 24-hour-then-reset-not-letting-me-get-invested syndrome.

Anyway I decided to play EU cause the ping difference was too sizeable, didn't think 350-400ms would be good. Anyone taken the initiative to set up an EU goon guild?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
What's the price of Argents right now? I might spend my afternoon just grinding credits so I can become the 1%

exser
Aug 18, 2003

In as Jove Capitolini

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Roach Warehouse posted:

I'm in as Arcadia Jones, looking forward to fighting robot rats or whatever with y'all.

Just bumping this because I've haven't been invited and I've changed my name to Mincing Rascal.

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

I'm in as Corny Mario i hope one of you inviters are awake at this time :ohdear:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Nobody can invite because the guild is super limited in size until people get to a high enough prestige to construct buildings.

Not enough poop sockers.

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused

Stanley Pain posted:

What's the price of Argents right now? I might spend my afternoon just grinding credits so I can become the 1%

They dipped all the way down to 40 credits but now they're up to 160 again.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Stanley Pain posted:

somehow they jumped back up to 160 per, from a low of like 40. I knew I should have bought a bunch of them last night.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
So maybe we should make a 2nd guild for the overflow..?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the guild isn't really vital to playing and the size will go up and soon we'll have enough for everyone

considering the amount of work it is to build up a guild i think we should just stick with the one and get people in as we can

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Danith posted:

So maybe we should make a 2nd guild for the overflow..?

If you create a new guild, it'll be able to fit 5 people, including the guildmaster. You then need to spend resources in order to expand the size of the guild, and each new expansion needs its own officer to run it. It's an overly complicated obtuse system with an arbitrarily low number of slots, but just making another guild won't solve any issues.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
Bought this. Downloading now.

gently caress

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
is this actually fun? are you people idiots? am i an idiot?

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Doctor Schnabel posted:

Yep.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Doctor Schnabel posted:

Yes? Yes. Yes!

Danith
May 20, 2006

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

If you create a new guild, it'll be able to fit 5 people, including the guildmaster. You then need to spend resources in order to expand the size of the guild, and each new expansion needs its own officer to run it. It's an overly complicated obtuse system with an arbitrarily low number of slots, but just making another guild won't solve any issues.

Don't you think we'll need another guild anyways because of the amount of goons playing? :goon:

Hurry up and increase the space and invite System Admin to the guild :p

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Danith posted:

Don't you think we'll need another guild anyways because of the amount of goons playing? :goon:

Hurry up and increase the space and invite System Admin to the guild :p

please seek help

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it wouldn't help to make another guild due to the restrictions that 'literally my fetish' listed above

in fact, it would only slow people getting in because two different groups would be working independently on expanding their guild with resources rather than pooling the resources

i know it seems counter-intuitive but if anything its actually going to make the issue worse, better to just be patient and we'll get in eventually

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yes? Yes. Yes!
:smith: welp, guess i better download this...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its basically Phantasy Star Online: Russian version with a sphere grid and a dumb guild mechanic

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!

Eonwe posted:

its basically Phantasy Star Online: Russian version with a sphere grid and a dumb guild mechanic

Years and years ago when I was a wee teenager, a guy in my class started playing that on dreamcast before the school holidays. Fast forward to past the summer holidays, he's like 3 stone heavier and all he talks about is it

anyway videogames

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
at least he picked a good game to talk about tho

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
its all that matters in life, really.

well, that and cryptocurrency

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
In as Super Admin, though I see I was beat to the punch on that gag. :smith:

Also that teleport to get your daily reward thing doesn't work for me.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

boho posted:

Also that teleport to get your daily reward thing doesn't work for me.

Same here. Shame, I was looking forward to seeing what the outfits at the end were all about.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
drat, just did the training for Slayer - they poo poo out damage.

Dryb
Jul 30, 2007

What did I do?
in as Guild Leader

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
In as Aidan Stormsong. How's Paladin gameplay? It's feeling kind of sluggish at the moment but I like not dying.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I feel like lightbringer isn't really needed with how many health regen things drop and how defensive the tanks are

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

support and tanks are not really needed if everyone learns to dodge the big telegraphed attacks

but then 5 man dungeons require 1 of both of them

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Danith posted:

I feel like lightbringer isn't really needed with how many health regen things drop and how defensive the tanks are

I'm not very far into the game yet but it seems to me Lightbringer is really a DPS class with some support stuff thrown in.

Just download a 143MB patch.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 10, 2015

YesManKablam
Feb 19, 2013
This game seems pretty cool so far. I'm in as Hans Touchly.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kaddish posted:

I'm not very far into the game yet but it seems to me Lightbringer is really a DPS class with some support stuff thrown in.

Just download a 143MB patch.

I'm around Prestige 2000 and Lightbinder is werid. The Kamehameha does lovely damage sometimes and melts people other times. Getting consistent damage is much harder than Cryo (which is not boring but it is easy). I like it the most of the starting classes but I doubt I will go back once I have Necro of Kinetic.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

the light binders number 1 ability can consume an impulse charge and does more damage. If you have a charge.

You can get a talent to make it so your basic attack on an enemy will have a 10% chance to restore an impulse charge.

Another talent makes it so your number 1 ability does double damage to an enemy under 50% of its last health bar.

So for bosses, that means their last bar, and at half of that bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
The Kamehameha seems to do increasing damage per tick, so to get anything useful out of it you need to be able to fire it for its full duration. If you run out of juice or something else happens to break the beam early, it does poo poo damage. That plus the fact that you're essentially rooted for five seconds just to fire it, and it's finicky, and it takes a shitload of your light juice to cast, has made me somewhat meh about it. All of the other Lightbinder powers don't hamper your mobility to any real degree and are pretty useful as well on the side. The only real upside is that enemies really don't seem to mind standing neatly lined up, so if you can blast the beam down three or four dudes, the damage gets pretty significant.

• Locked thread