Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Sigma-X posted:

What is the expensive failure about Age of Sigmar again? They made a whole new ruleset that makes the game more accessible and allows you to buy the models that you think look coolest and play them without needing to gently caress around with points?

e: like nobody was buying fantasy and they didn't spend money on printing a bunch of new poo poo no one is going to buy so I don't see where the expensive part is.

also something something loss leaders something something customer goodwill something something community relations something something all their Sigeggs in one Bloodbasket etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

was there one of those two headed eagle things where the hammer and wings is now?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

As soon as I saw that post I was like "gently caress if he talks about how he had fun playing it, I'd have Nigmo!"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

As soon as I saw that post I was like "gently caress if he talks about how he had fun playing it, I'd have Nigmo!"

its a called a free space for a reason, congratulations, you won Nigmo! :unsmith:

unfortunately, your prize is losing :smith:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Business Gorillas posted:

was there one of those two headed eagle things where the hammer and wings is now?

Yeah

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I'm not really sure why people are surprised that GW has taken steps to market the relaunch of one of their two lines. As lovely as the game is, I'm not sure we should expect GW to be as derisive of their product as we are.

Boon fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jul 10, 2015

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Boon posted:

I'm not really sure why people are surprised that GW has taken steps to market the relaunch of one of their two lines. As lovely as the game is, I'm not sure we should expect GW to be as derisive of their product as we are.

im glad i was able to get one more box before i had to leave for work :toot:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Boon posted:

I think that switching the statues out front was just kind of a shocker, since everything they had was emblematic of their most prolific and profitable product and they switched it out for something new and untested. I don't fault them for pushing this new game.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I'm sure it made your day BG.

So I may get hosed out of yet another NOVA this year as I may get wrapped up in some flight tests that week. Hopefully it'll end early in the week. There is a small chance that I'll miss the first half of that Thursday which I think would screw me out of the GT. That said, I'm all in on the SRM cup.

Boon fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 10, 2015

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Sigma-X posted:

What is the expensive failure about Age of Sigmar again? They made a whole new ruleset that makes the game more accessible and allows you to buy the models that you think look coolest and play them without needing to gently caress around with points?

e: like nobody was buying fantasy and they didn't spend money on printing a bunch of new poo poo no one is going to buy so I don't see where the expensive part is.

I really hope 40k gets Sigmorred just to see your reaction, because you deserve it.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Guys maybe the statue is load bearing and hes holding up those stairs

they look like pretty important stairs

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

Guys maybe the statue is load bearing and hes holding up those stairs

they look like pretty important stairs
Eh, it's a livin'
/
:vomarine:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Guard/Cadian_Shock_Troops/CADIAN_SPECIAL_WEAPONS_WITH_RESPIRATORS.html Do these guys come with seperate heads?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Poor guy's probably just happy to be inside after standing for over a decade in English weather.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

I believe the heads are attached to the torsos. I got some in an order for a friend a few months ago.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Balls. I suppose I could clip out the heads and replace them with the scion heads.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

PierreTheMime posted:

*Beside Republicans.

We are in the Age Of Sigmar, a real-life version of Hellraiser where all of my hobbies merge: horrible political cartoons, archaic racist terms. Warhammer, Warhammer 40k, and Google combine to create Wargoogle 40,000,000. Our souls are ripped from our body and dropped into a miasma of microfees... we are no longer of flesh but we can still feel pain. Words are no longer capable of describing the terror, then it gets worse and feelings are incapable of perceiving it.

The Emperor is twenty feet tall, inside of his body is a tiny Squat that is cranking his mechanical heart.

The model costs $3,000 and does not include the special-edition Squat that must be purchased separately.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 10, 2015

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Post 9-11 User posted:

The model costs $3,000 and does not include the special-edition SquatScrunt that must be purchased separately.

Corrected.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

DJ Dizzy posted:

Balls. I suppose I could clip out the heads and replace them with the scion heads.
If you're going to do that, why not just get regular Cadians? They have cool backpacks, but so do the Scions.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Sulecrist posted:

If they were planning on getting rid of it, why would they store it there? It's a really funny picture but it hardly means anything. I'm sure they didn't have it on the curb for the garbage man but he was late so they, much like Disneyland hides recently and suddenly deceased old people, dragged it inside and hid it behind a cardboard display before any customers noticed.

Edit: to repeat, I think it's really funny.

They are not getting rid of it - they are going to clean it up and repair it and then move it to another location at Warhammer World. I know because I offered to buy it :P

That picture is pure comedy gold though.

SRM posted:

That's me in the corner
That's me in the spotlight
Losing my faith in the Emperor

Brilliant.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

zeal posted:

Would've been pretty cool to be an eldar during the middle and late periods of their old empire. In the middle part it's basically star trek, a post-scarcity society that permits its citizens the freedom to do pretty much whatever they like with their nearly limitless time. In the late part it's still post-scarcity, but with speed freaks and cultic orgies, which still sounds like a pretty good time. Just make sure to get out of Dodge before the end.
VVV

Von Humboldt posted:

I made this.

You need to mute the first video.

Please enjoy.

we're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine
and the machine is bleeding to death

It's especially wondrous when the upbeat music kicks-in at the end as the Warhammer models are fully ablaze.

LordAba posted:

Anyone know of any good kits with power spears? I want to make a Emp Childrens jump unit with power spears, and other than the ones that come with their terminators I'm not sure what to use.

I didn't use any of the spears in my Dark Eldar kits, lots of long pointy stuff in the Venom kit and the Scourges kit, if that suits your fancy. It would cost about $.50 to mail some to ya, I don't give a golly gosh darn hoot about doin' that for ya. My memory is terrible, it's up to you to badger me into sending them and an alternate way of messaging me privately.

Business Gorillas posted:

Goons in the Warhammer 40,000 thread owned by stairs. They are not protected.

We are suited, not booted. And:

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ghost Hand posted:

They are not getting rid of it - they are going to clean it up and repair it and then move it to another location at Warhammer World. I know because I offered to buy it :P
Well, somebody's gotta open Warhammer World USA, it would only be fitting.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

SRM posted:

Well, somebody's gotta open Warhammer World USA, it would only be fitting.

hahah if only I could...

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

SRM posted:

If you're going to do that, why not just get regular Cadians? They have cool backpacks, but so do the Scions.

The regular cadian plasmagun looks like rear end.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

DJ Dizzy posted:

The regular cadian plasmagun looks like rear end.
The metal one or the command squad one? I like both, but if you use the plastic one from the command squad with some Scions bits it'd probably look pretty good.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Both.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ghost Hand posted:

hahah if only I could...

Sell off half your armies, I'm sure that would be more than enough money

wizardstick
Apr 27, 2013
Nottingham loses highest gun crime crown to Birmingham - GW remove statue of Spacemarine with bolter.

I now fear being hammered to death by youths in hoodies and golden masks when I start studying up there in September.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Moola posted:

Sell off half your armies, I'm sure that would be more than enough money

What would I put in the display cases in the museum then... catch-22

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sulecrist posted:

I've made power spears/bills by sawing the ends off of staves and replacing them with sword or knife blades (or, for halberds, axes). Lot of staffs out there--flagpoles, GK kit, etc. Not sure about how to get them cheaply for the 30k marks of armor, but I think you can fit the GK hands into MkII/III/IV sockets.

Thanks, I was hoping they had something "ready made" but this should work. I think the dire avengers have something like a power spear, but don't want to go through the effort of finding them.

EDIT: Holy crap Post 9-11 User I might take you up on that.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jul 10, 2015

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Terrible Opinions posted:

I really hope 40k gets Sigmorred just to see your reaction, because you deserve it.

I have not played 40k in years and am actually playing my first 40k game in like 5-6 years tonight with some dusty and unpainted orks and I have no particular attachment to a ruleset but the only guy I know who plays fantasy was describing Age of Sigmar as being radically different but very interesting and a shot in the arm for the long term health of the game which according to the GW guy who runs the store out here was like 5% of his sales comapred to 50% of his sales being just space marines.

e: as I'm getting back in my goal is to make an army that is 5 models at 1850 points via imperial knights so I'm all about the small simple skirmishy stuff :v:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Sigma-X posted:

I have not played 40k in years and am actually playing my first 40k game in like 5-6 years tonight with some dusty and unpainted orks and I have no particular attachment to a ruleset but the only guy I know who plays fantasy was describing Age of Sigmar as being radically different but very interesting and a shot in the arm for the long term health of the game which according to the GW guy who runs the store out here was like 5% of his sales comapred to 50% of his sales being just space marines.

e: as I'm getting back in my goal is to make an army that is 5 models at 1850 points via imperial knights so I'm all about the small simple skirmishy stuff :v:

Oh yawn another lazy Knight player. Why dont you just play with some appropriate size stuffies and call it a day?

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

Ghost Hand posted:

In the latest IC podcast you were talking about the new 32mm model bases and they do look good. What I was wondering was there anything in white dwarf or the GW site explaining the change?

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I can't tell from that angle what chapter symbol he has on his pauldron, but from just this picture alone I'm going to go ahead and say Lamenters.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ghost Hand posted:

I would donate some old poo poo, god knows I've got plenty of it. I have a buddy with even more old poo poo than I do, and honestly if he started Warhammer World East Coast it wouldn't surprise me.

Doctor Borris posted:

In the latest IC podcast you were talking about the new 32mm model bases and they do look good. What I was wondering was there anything in white dwarf or the GW site explaining the change?
GW never really said anything about it, which is frustrating. Maybe a WD said "this lets you do more cool basing stuff" but there's been nothing beyond that.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Hi thread, here's some pics I took of my old Deffskull army. I haven't touched them in ages but I wanted some nicer pics of stuff.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Deffskulls are the best. Followed by Blood Axes. I need advice on how to do a Deffaxes clan.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I don't get how Snakebites work. How can eschewing guns and vehicles be "traditionally orky" if knowledge for making guns and trucks is genetically written into them?

And how do ork clans work, even. When an Evil Sun sheds its spores will the orks that grow from it be Evil Suns? Which clan is the most "generic?"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Sigma-X posted:

keep going im almost there hnnnnggggghhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I don't get how Snakebites work. How can eschewing guns and vehicles be "traditionally orky" if knowledge for making guns and trucks is genetically written into them?

And how do ork clans work, even. When an Evil Sun sheds its spores will the orks that grow from it be Evil Suns? Which clan is the most "generic?"

Clans are more like a philosophy, likeminded Orks tend to stick together. Unless there's a Waaagh going on, then it's all the boyz you can get. Goffs are probably the 'generic' clan ala ultramarines.

• Locked thread