Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
"YOU CAN'T STOP ME! YOU'RE GONNA DIE DOWN HERE. FORGOTTEN. IN THE DIRT."

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Alter Ego posted:

Wait, is it out?

redbackground posted:

It's not out officially, but the skin is already sitting in the PC files (it appears to be the only one, too). It's not a mod skin, either, it was made by Rocksteady and somehow ties in with WBPlay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMlyZJByYw4
Just follow the instructions in the info section. You just overwrite one text file with another, really. Couldn't be simpler.

-----------------------

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The original version of Jason Todd (pre-Crisis) had red / strawberry blonde hair and dyed it.

Didn't know that, cool.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Discendo Vox posted:

Plothole, no real spoilers. Barbara is tied to her wheelchair for a big confrontational scene (this is why her lack of agency in that scene is probably OK). Moments later, when she takes a tumble, the ropes appear to have magically disappeared.

That confused me too so I youtubed it. You can see them slipping off of the arms of the chair when she falls. The ropes weren't actually tied down to the chair, they were just tied around the chair's arms and hers.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

ayn rand hand job posted:

this was pre-Crisis Jason "I watched my acrobat parents get murdered" Todd, not post-Crisis Jason "I'm stealing the wheels off the Batmobile" Todd.

Pre-crisis Jason Todd has the same origin as Dick Grayson? Or does pre-crisis Dick Grayson have a different story? DC continuity is so weird. I was always a Marvel fan, most of my exposure to DC is through the animated shows when I was a kid.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Medium Cool posted:

Pre-crisis Jason Todd has the same origin as Dick Grayson? Or does pre-crisis Dick Grayson have a different story? DC continuity is so weird. I was always a Marvel fan, most of my exposure to DC is through the animated shows when I was a kid.

Pre-Crisis Jason Todd was basically Dick Grayson's Thin Veiled Knockoff.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

CJacobs posted:

That confused me too so I youtubed it. You can see them slipping off of the arms of the chair when she falls. The ropes weren't actually tied down to the chair, they were just tied around the chair's arms and hers.

Nope, pretty sure it's a conspiracy.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Pre-Crisis Jason Todd was basically Dick Grayson's Thin Veiled Knockoff.

What do people in gotham have against acrobats? Geez

Serf
May 5, 2011

Medium Cool posted:

What do people in gotham have against acrobats? Geez

They have enough problems with weirdos in tights as it is. Anyone who's ever seen Batman drop out of the sky probably gets twitchy when people are swinging around overhead.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Medium Cool posted:

Roughly speaking this is what happened.

As the Adam West Batman show and Silver Age started to wane, DC put Denny O'Neill ad the primary writer for Batman. O'Neill started to write a much more grittier Golden Age inspired flavor of Batman. As a result, the need for Robin dropped, and Dick was allowed to actually grow up, attend university, and become a standalone character.

Later on DC decided to bring back Robin, but couldn't use Dick Grayson. Instead they introduced Jason Todd, who literally has the same origin as Dick. Except Dick got Jason's parents involved in the investigation, instead of them being completely innocent bystanders. Jason is adopted by Bruce, he discovers he's Batman, and eventually Dick passes the torch to him.

Jason was never really ever around all that much pre-Crisis. He was introduced as Robin in '83 and Crisis was '86. His most and only memorable moment was defeating Mongul in "For The Man Who Has Everything".

Once Crisis was over, the writers took the continuity reset to change Jason over to a distinct character who was different from Dick.

DC continuity isn't horrible per se, they like to keep things fairly general and ambiguous while maintaining a floating timeline. It generally isn't hard to grasp a rough approximation of the backstory or what transpired. The real issue is that they've honestly hit the reset button way too much recently.

Marvel on the other hand has some pretty convoluted continuity, since they don't do hard resets in the 616 universe, and aside from the occasional soft reboot a character, continuity sticks. Like how Jubilee is a vampire or Doc Ock is Spiderman.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Marvel on the other hand has some pretty convoluted continuity, since they don't do hard resets in the 616 universe, and aside from the occasional soft reboot a character, continuity sticks. Like how Jubilee is a vampire or Doc Ock is Spiderman.

They's why marvel has always been ab it easier for me, but that also probably comes from growing up reading every marvel book I could. DC's resets always confused me. The only DC books I've really read have been self contained elseworlds stories and the big batman stuff (Year One, The Long Halloween, Dark Knight Returns, etc) I guess Marvel is finally doing their big continuity reboot by merging the mainline and ultimate universes. Following comics is such a chore.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I still have one costume I am unable to use. On the costume showcase it is after Anime Batman and before Robin. How do I unlock this one?

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

JFC posted:

I still have one costume I am unable to use. On the costume showcase it is after Anime Batman and before Robin. How do I unlock this one?

I still have this and I have a 200% complete save file. The only thing I haven't done yet is 3 stars on all AR Challenges. I suspect it's tied to an Easter egg at this point.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
You guys left out ivy in your villain analysis.

But then again if you leave plants alone she likely won't bother you. :shrug:

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Also to clarify I have the Steam PC version with Season Pass. If you didn't know it comes with:

Batsuit V7.43 - Post Arkham City.
Batsuit V8.03 - A new suit for a new enemy.
Batsuit V8.04 - Pristine Edition - Resistant to wear and tear.
Zur En Arrh Batman Skin - Back-up personality. Use with caution. (unlocked via the YouTube link in this thread)
New 52 Batman Skin - Contemporary fashion.
Batman Flashpoint Skin - Like father, like son.
Batman Beyond Skin - 2039 Style.
Dark Knight Returns Batman Skin - Still fits.
Anime Batman Skin - Field Tested.
**Locked**
Robin - Batman's sidekick AKA Tim Drake.
New 52 Robin Skin - The new original.
Catwoman - Master thief AKA Selina Kyle.
Nightwing - Bludhaven crime fighter AKA Dick Grayson
New 52 Nightwing Skin - Bludhaven Red.

Anyone know what is in that locked slot?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

JFC posted:

Here's what I believe is a master list so far, so one of these. Wish I could be of more help.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

redbackground posted:

Here's what I believe is a master list so far, so one of these. Wish I could be of more help.

I really don't think it's any DLC, they just add another slot to the menu. It must be something in-game. I thought it might have been Anime Batman because I thought it was ugly and didn't want it, but the empty slot drove me crazy. So I linked my wb account and got the dlc and sure enough that slot is still there.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Okay, next question: How do i "Pick up a downed enemy into Beat Down" which I need to do on PC to unlock the "Tower Defense" AR?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

JFC posted:

Okay, next question: How do i "Pick up a downed enemy into Beat Down" which I need to do on PC to unlock the "Tower Defense" AR?

LT+B next to a downed opponent.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jul 10, 2015

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

JFC posted:

LCTRL + Middle Mouse, like going for a ground stun instead of a ground takedown.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

JFC posted:

Ctrl + middle click I think. That or Ctrl + left click.

I didn't even know you could do it until you lock Joker away.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

JFC posted:

I'm on Xbox but it's the same as the command to take out a downed enemy, except you hit the cape stun button instead of the counter button.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

LCTRL + Middle Mouse, like going for a ground stun instead of a ground takedown.

That did it, thanks!

Edit: And I just got the Run Through the Jungle achievement after a few tries. I started by super launching (space + space + space + space) from the top of the bridge between Bleake and Magiani, LCTRL to dive until just under the bridge, glide through and go way back up, then alternately diving and gliding up to the bridge from Magiani to Founders, then diving and gliding up until gliding under the bridge between Founders and Bleake. I tried it in the opposite direction and had a hard time timing the dive and pulling up, but for some reason it was much easier this direction. Got it on the first try.

JFC fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 10, 2015

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Medium Cool posted:

I really don't think it's any DLC, they just add another slot to the menu. It must be something in-game. I thought it might have been Anime Batman because I thought it was ugly and didn't want it, but the empty slot drove me crazy. So I linked my wb account and got the dlc and sure enough that slot is still there.

The only thing I can think of at this point is its locked behind all achievements. Anyone got them all to disprove?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Just give me my Red Hood game WB, where I can go on a murderous rampage across the city for justice.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
I've hit a dead end because Riddler informants aren't spawning anyone - is this a glitch?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

I, Butthole posted:

I've hit a dead end because Riddler informants aren't spawning anyone - is this a glitch?

You've already found all the riddles- they're either in interior areas on a particular island, or (hint!) they're referring to an object that's not only on one particular island.

Easter egg: the plaque in the Wayne office foyer appears to be giving credit to two of the main environment artists as architects of the building, which is a nice touch.

...Has anyone gotten a screenshot of the server screen in the GCPD communications room?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I, Butthole posted:

Informants only spawn if there are untagged accessible riddles/breakables. (Though you can get locations for riddles that haven't been placed in the air ships, movie studios and HQ)

What are you missing?

If you're at the end 9f the game, and the missing stuff is on Founders Island, check the subway line.

If it isn't the end, Riddled adds stuff to the Movie Studios and HQ after your trip there.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Riddler informants also, for some reason, do not spawn if you are not taking out enemies. Drive around in the Batmobile and run into every thug you see.

I have no idea why this is the case, but I didn't find any for like 30 minutes, hopped in the car, and they appeared after almost every guy I killed.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

JFC posted:

Also to clarify I have the Steam PC version with Season Pass. If you didn't know it comes with:

Batsuit V7.43 - Post Arkham City.
Batsuit V8.03 - A new suit for a new enemy.
Batsuit V8.04 - Pristine Edition - Resistant to wear and tear.
Zur En Arrh Batman Skin - Back-up personality. Use with caution. (unlocked via the YouTube link in this thread)
New 52 Batman Skin - Contemporary fashion.
Batman Flashpoint Skin - Like father, like son.
Batman Beyond Skin - 2039 Style.
Dark Knight Returns Batman Skin - Still fits.
Anime Batman Skin - Field Tested.
**Locked**
Robin - Batman's sidekick AKA Tim Drake.
New 52 Robin Skin - The new original.
Catwoman - Master thief AKA Selina Kyle.
Nightwing - Bludhaven crime fighter AKA Dick Grayson
New 52 Nightwing Skin - Bludhaven Red.

Wait, are the Beyond and Dark Knight costumes unlocked now? I got the premium edition and they weren't in the menu.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I am glad to see that Budhaven PD don't waste tax money on slogans.

mrfishstick
Oct 15, 2005
A new update about the PC version: http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/July-10-Update-on-PC-Version-of-Arkham-Knight/m-p/605229#U605229

Nothing really mentioned at all outside of the usual "we're sorry it's so broken" line. The Batgirl DLC is confirmed delayed for an indefinite time in PC as well.

Some hints about more details on when the next patch is to be possibly covered next week but they're careful to promise nothing.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Informants only spawn if there are untagged accessible riddles/breakables. (Though you can get locations for riddles that haven't been placed in the air ships, movie studios and HQ)

What are you missing?

If you're at the end 9f the game, and the missing stuff is on Founders Island, check the subway line.

If it isn't the end, Riddled adds stuff to the Movie Studios and HQ after your trip there.

Yeah, I'm post game wrapping up 100% before Knightfall - I'm sitting at 159/243 riddles with a bunch of trophies and breakables on all islands. Just no informants spawning.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mrfishstick posted:

A new update about the PC version: http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/July-10-Update-on-PC-Version-of-Arkham-Knight/m-p/605229#U605229

Nothing really mentioned at all outside of the usual "we're sorry it's so broken" line. The Batgirl DLC is confirmed delayed for an indefinite time in PC as well.

Some hints about more details on when the next patch is to be possibly covered next week but they're careful to promise nothing.

They really need to do something for the PC Season Pass buyers at bare minimum. Not even getting the DLC on-time, let alone early like the console buyers, is pretty inexcusable.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I think giving you free poo poo as an apology because you feel you deserve it should probably be secondary to fixing the game.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

They really need to do something for the PC Season Pass buyers at bare minimum. Not even getting the DLC on-time, let alone early like the console buyers, is pretty inexcusable.

Ubisoft did it right, giving away a free game and the main DLC for free.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CJacobs posted:

I think giving you free poo poo as an apology because you feel you deserve it should probably be secondary to fixing the game.

I'm not a PC (or even console) season pass holder so I'm not talking about me. v:shobon:v

Regardless, it isn't really a case where it has to come secondary. Ubisoft's Unity mess for example didn't need to wait until they fixed the game. WB doesn't necessarily have to do the same thing but short of making exclusive content for the PC users as a "I'm sorry" I'm not sure what else they could do.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

CJacobs posted:

Giving people who bought your totally hosed up port of a game a game that isn't broken to play in the mean time would be a decent gesture from WB.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

lovely Wizard posted:

Giving people who bought your totally hosed up port of a game a game that isn't broken to play in the mean time would be a decent gesture from WB.

Yes, that's true.

They should fix the game first.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Found an easter egg. I went back through the GCPD HQ after getting 100% and at the Arkham Knight Militia cells there is a guy trying to goad Batman. I you go up to the bars and push the attack button you grab him by the back of the head and slam his face into the bars. He then falls on his back, out cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Do it again next time you pass by there.

• Locked thread