Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I should really get around to playing MGS4 one of these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Lizard Wizard posted:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lizard Wizard posted:

Ya

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kelp Plankton posted:

don't expect any substantial population on any server

dont do anything.

Better advice.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
mgs4 is good and the final fight is an amazing thing

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I'm saving my Humble Bundle retail key for within thirty days of the F2P transition date because if I have an active subscription, I'll get some extra stuff.

quote:

If you missed out on launch but you’re a current subscriber and maintain your subscription through transition to Free-to-Play, you will still receive the DJ Caretaker housing décor item, the Disco Snoglug companion pet, the new housing music track, four months of Signature service, and the "Nexus Loyalist" title.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I'm saving my Humble Bundle retail key for within thirty days of the F2P transition date because if I have an active subscription, I'll get some extra stuff.

you'll receive poo poo, junk, and a cosmetic title for a dead game! awesome!!

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Thunderbro posted:

you'll receive poo poo, junk, and a cosmetic title for a dead game! awesome!!

Meh, not really losing anything considering it's dead right now and it'll be alive when it goes F2P.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Single player games. Zzzzz.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Holyshoot posted:

Single player games. Zzzzz.

Super Metroid is pretty good tho

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Ehh. Never really sat down and played it. What makes everyone go crazy over it compared to say mega man or Mario 2d side scroller? I had lots of fun with mega man as a kid. Getting all the different power ups was fun.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Holyshoot posted:

Ehh. Never really sat down and played it. What makes everyone go crazy over it compared to say mega man or Mario 2d side scroller? I had lots of fun with mega man as a kid. Getting all the different power ups was fun.

Super metroid is a really tight game with a lot of clever exploration and fun bosses and weird goopy alien poo poo. It's a really somber game too which is pretty neat compared to most other games like it.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Kelp Plankton posted:

don't expect any substantial population on any server

dont do anything. wait for death

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Arby's.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Meh, not really losing anything considering it's dead right now and it'll be alive when it goes F2P.

Yah, all hyperbole aside, much worse playing games than this are still booming with free to play.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yah, all hyperbole aside, much worse playing games than this are still booming with free to play.

You think Carbine can handle a F2P transition without loving it up?

I doubt it.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Play the prime trilogy on dolphin instead, you can hack it to play as a standard mouse and keyboard shooter!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Byolante posted:

Play the prime trilogy on dolphin instead, you can hack it to play as a standard mouse and keyboard shooter!

Dolphin is awesome and I will have to try this; I've been getting my prime trilogy fix on the wii u since they dropped it for like 10 bucks awhile back. Kbm sounds way better than wii mote controls and it would let me use dolphin for something other than TTYD (another good single player game for that guy asking about good ones).

The super metroid randomizer romhack is also really fun and it's a testament to the map design how well the game works and how much fun it becomes when they power ups change.

Lesser games would fall apart if that happened. This is also why megaman was cool; you could do the stages in any order because by and large even though power ups made the game easier in some ways you could always use your trusty blaster/buster to kill all the bosses (there's a fun weekend run idea there).

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

theultimo posted:

You think Carbine can handle a F2P transition without loving it up?

I doubt it.

They're having to do a goddamn beta to test the F2P whereas every other game that made the switch just went "here ya go". I hope the beta bullshit is them trying to covertly squash some long standing problems with the code and not just them being too incompetent to throw together a drat cash shop, but it's probably the latter.

And to think, WS and ESO were neck and neck for the award of worst MMO of 2014. ESO still isn't great, but it's miles above WS.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Anoia posted:

ESO still isn't great, but it's miles above WS.

ESO is fun to play the first time through, I just could not bring myself to replay the other 2 sides 1-50 quests like they want you.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

this is what im actually doing tbh

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Byolante posted:

Well I found out where my freetime is going next.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Kelp Plankton posted:

this is what im actually doing tbh

we tried warning you

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Byolante posted:

Holy poo poo really?

edit; Wow, okay, I know what I'm doing instead of playing MMOs!

Pierson fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jul 10, 2015

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Pierson posted:

Holy poo poo really?

edit; Wow, okay, I know what I'm doing instead of playing MMOs!

The Lord's work is being done here today

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Is it Metroid Prime Trilogy or the individual games that run the best on Dolphin?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Givin posted:

Is it Metroid Prime Trilogy or the individual games that run the best on Dolphin?

Just tried it using a Wii disc image and had no problems

E: by it I mean the trilogy disc image

Also lol @ whoever spent 10 dollars trying to change my AV earlier for some weird reason. That's close to 200 dollars by now and at this point someone should just send me the money so I can buy cool gaming related stuff instead of buying me red text AV's that I won't pay myself to have reverted.

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 10, 2015

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Also lol @ whoever spent 10 dollars trying to change my AV earlier for some weird reason. That's close to 200 dollars by now and at this point someone should just send me the money so I can buy cool gaming related stuff instead of buying me red text AV's that I won't pay myself to have reverted.

Hey Lowtax has kids to feed.

I think.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Chomp8645 posted:

Hey Lowtax has kids to feed.

I think.

Several ex-wives to pay alimony to.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mind blown

You can CQC the Boss in MGS 3 down to a non lethal finish

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Isn't that what you were supposed to do?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Deki posted:

Isn't that what you were supposed to do?

The existence of the very specific melee counter mechanic was news to me

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Its actually easier to CQC her than to shoot her. Even though you can roll around like a moron and hide in the grass.

My favorite thing is blowing up the food storage rooms. All the guards are going to be hungry in the surrounding areas. You can catch a poisonous frog and throw it near them, they will eat it and die.

You can also blow up the armory store rooms and the guards have less ammo.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Tfw you kill the Fear with poison food

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Tfw you kill the Fear with poison food

*looks at pair of expired ham and cheese hot pockets*

The fear..!!!! the fear!!!!

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Anoia posted:

They're having to do a goddamn beta to test the F2P whereas every other game that made the switch just went "here ya go". I hope the beta bullshit is them trying to covertly squash some long standing problems with the code and not just them being too incompetent to throw together a drat cash shop, but it's probably the latter.

And to think, WS and ESO were neck and neck for the award of worst MMO of 2014. ESO still isn't great, but it's miles above WS.

What's wrong with beta testing the cash shop/F2P transition? I'd actually prefer that because they'd get feedback before it's too late.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

What's wrong with beta testing the cash shop/F2P transition? I'd actually prefer that because they'd get feedback before it's too late.

I agree, given carbine's pristine track record of swiftly and accurately responding to bug reports and feedback from betas.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

This is precious.

Gaybee
Jul 16, 2002

My eyes have been opened. Thank you Alexander DeLarge. Wildstar #1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

There are some bugs I reported in the fnf alpha that seem to still exist now. Their QA department is far smaller now than it was then too.

• Locked thread