Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

now sens8 seems pretty good??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

R. Mute posted:

when i started watching football, zulte waregem were playing real pretty - v good attacking football. as it turned out, they did quite well too, coming in second by a single point (gently caress anderlecht, gently caress nzolo, gently caress standard). but i only really started to love them when the drama started. transfer drama, drama with the ceo, ridiculously bad games, crazy games, etc. i like me some ups and downs. i don't like my teams to be efficient machines that trample their opposition or buy their way to victory. if my team does well, i want it to be surprising and unexpected.

i also like inexplicably bad teams like aston villa and everton (last year) in england.

their logo is terrible

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

icantfindaname posted:

what's the most proletarian sport? i'd probably say baseball in the US, at least traditionally

stickball or soccer

kustomkarkommando posted:

bare knuckle boxing

no that's the most irish

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

icantfindaname posted:

what's the most proletarian sport? i'd probably say baseball in the US, at least traditionally

The sport known as football outside the US, soccer inside of it. You just need a ball and arbitrary goalposts.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

bare knuckle boxing

i mean ideologically correct sport, not exploitative blood sport involving the capitalist classes grinding up poor people into entertainment and discarding their useless bodies afterwards

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

no that's the most irish

LET ME TELL YOU ONE OR TWO THINGS ABOUT TRAVELLERS

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

icantfindaname posted:

amateur wrestling

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Running, is good.

:agreed:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
i spent hours today assembling our new king size bed and man its comfy

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

also lifting is good

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

LET ME TELL YOU ONE OR TWO THINGS ABOUT TRAVELLERS

what, that they're a pretty decent insurance group?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ReidRansom posted:

also lifting is good

Na, that's just boring.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how is jupiter ascending so bad

and sense8 good

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

their logo is terrible
just adds to their charm imo

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Badger of Basra posted:

also, they're terrible

and it's the least original name ever

if you can't be the oilers, at least run with the space theme

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

euphronius posted:

how is jupiter ascending so bad

and sense8 good

it sure as poo poo isnt j michael "im writing a superman book about superman walking across america spouting right wing talking points ie telling a bunch of aliens to be more like him, one of the good ones" straczynski

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

wolves have a great logo imo

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

euphronius posted:

now sens8 seems pretty good??

its okay

i would have liked more than eight episodes

was a fun weekend watch

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

and it's the least original name ever

if you can't be the oilers, at least run with the space theme

the houston sprawl

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Na, that's just boring.

i disagree.

but either way, looking all big and veiny and good is good

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Berke Negri posted:

its okay

i would have liked more than eight episodes

was a fun weekend watch

the whats up scene is FANTASTIC

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Thank you for the sports answers, everyone.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Literally The Worst posted:

it sure as poo poo isnt j michael "im writing a superman book about superman walking across america spouting right wing talking points ie telling a bunch of aliens to be more like him, one of the good ones" straczynski

this writing makes no snese to me

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

the whats up scene is FANTASTIC

i already forget what that is

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Sharkie posted:

Thank you for the sports answers, everyone.

what is your sports team, sharkie

are you a razorback fan

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Badger of Basra posted:

the houston sprawl

perfectly thematic

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

euphronius posted:

this writing makes no snese to me

jms, the other creator behind sense8, wrote one of the absolute worst superman stories of all time

he took a character that has always been a champion of the common man (Action Comics #1 opens with superman pimp slapping the governor to get an innocent man on death row pardoned, and he spent the 30s kicking the poo poo out of corrupt politicians and union bosses) and decided that he was just going to be the biggest republican dickweed to everyone

at one point he meets other literal aliens and gives them this big lecture about how to be One Of The Good Ones, like him

the reaction to the run was so bad he abandoned it midway through

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ReidRansom posted:

i disagree.

but either way, looking all big and veiny and good is good

I'd rather look lean and mean, myself.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Berke Negri posted:

i already forget what that is

the one hwere they're all singing about WAKE UP IN THE MORNING AND I STEP OUTSIDE AND I TAKE A DEPE BREATH AND I GET REAL HIGH

its a real good scene and the black dude rocking the gently caress out in falsetto is the best poo poo

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I partied too hard the other day then today had a doctors appointment on no sleep, feeling like poo poo, ughhh. After a nap I feel a little better, but still strung out. Recuperating with coffee and maybe a sweet potato later.

Badger of Basra posted:

what is your sports team, sharkie

are you a razorback fan

Lol. I'm not into sports. And even if I were I wouldn't pick a team who's named after an imaginary wild pig.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

jms, the other creator behind sense8, wrote one of the absolute worst superman stories of all time

he took a character that has always been a champion of the common man (Action Comics #1 opens with superman pimp slapping the governor to get an innocent man on death row pardoned, and he spent the 30s kicking the poo poo out of corrupt politicians and union bosses) and decided that he was just going to be the biggest republican dickweed to everyone

at one point he meets other literal aliens and gives them this big lecture about how to be One Of The Good Ones, like him

the reaction to the run was so bad he abandoned it midway through

superman was never a champion of the common man originally. he was the superego representation of urban American Jews.

Which turned out to be close to republican dickweed through the advent of Israel and Zionism.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

V. Illych L. posted:

wolves have a great logo imo

for once, we agree

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

euphronius posted:

superman was never a champion of the common man originally. he was the superego representation of urban American Jews.

Which turned out to be close to republican dickweed through the advent of Israel and Zionism.

other than the parts where he was beating the poo poo out of corrupt politicians and poo poo

and now he's literally going to beat the poo poo out of corrupt riot cops despite having like, next to zero powers and having to use what's left of his cape as brass knucks

and his characterization for basically forever has been that he ust wants to help people be the best they can be

superman is basically the best superhero because he is the only one that isn't motivated by guilt or superheroics as a job or whatever. he's not sad about krypton exploding or anything. he was just taught "hey you should be good and help people" and he does that.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

My Imaginary GF posted:

for once, we agree

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

dont post my picture

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

other than the parts where he was beating the poo poo out of corrupt politicians and poo poo

and now he's literally going to beat the poo poo out of corrupt riot cops despite having like, next to zero powers and having to use what's left of his cape as brass knucks

and his characterization for basically forever has been that he ust wants to help people be the best they can be

superman is basically the best superhero because he is the only one that isn't motivated by guilt or superheroics as a job or whatever. he's not sad about krypton exploding or anything. he was just taught "hey you should be good and help people" and he does that.

exactly. you make my points for me.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

euphronius posted:

exactly. you make my points for me.

yeah when i think republican dickweed, i think "guy who will do anything he can to help others, regardless of the cost to himself"

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

the baby in front of me turned out to be a false alarm. it was the unseen baby 3 rows back who was the issue. still wasn't so bad

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

yeah when i think republican dickweed, i think "guy who will do anything to help others"

wait i fixed that

seriously dont talk out your rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

repubicans believe that they are helping people.

• Locked thread