Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Pollyanna posted:

Weird. I wonder what's going on with Cass and Delta.

We will see that next time when we drop in on Nay and get some idea what the haps are since we got all blown up. Should be Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Does the new robot body have a giant crotchplate as well? It's hard to tell from these shots.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Argas posted:

Does the new robot body have a giant crotchplate as well? It's hard to tell from these shots.

It's much less protruding in the Mark II version of Earthes.

EDIT: Oh and in an upcoming update I'll have a video of a trash fight with the INCREDIBLE NEW BATTLE THEME for random fights that happens in Phase III, Mikazuchi. I also think Ion's battle quotes changed a bit, they're kinda magic actually with where she is right now on the grid.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 9, 2015

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Oh my, Earthes...

When did you get so handsome?

Alternatively:

Earthes, you're too anime to dive.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Alright, story time again! With Sarly in tow, Ion and Earthes headed to speak to Nay.

Oh, Ion! Welcome back!
Ion’s back?
Wait, what’s that…? Earthes?!
The old body was completely unusable. We built a new body from the ground up.
Hmm… Looks pretty tough, I guess.
Not bad, right?
I don’t know if this really suits my taste.
What…? But he’s so cool…
Well, don’t worry about her, okay? I like you just the way you are.
I really like you too, Ion./I don’t really like you, Ion.
He he, that makes me happy.
W-Wow…
We were waiting for you to get back, Ion. There’s something we need to talk about.
What is it?
Could you wait until Cass gets back? She’s always had terrible timing for things like this.

Ion did have some bad news for Delta, who was doing much better.

I couldn’t find Prim. I’m sorry…
I figured as much… Sorry for the trouble.
No, don’t be sorry. It’s my fault for letting her get away in Sora.
If I could fight like I used to, I’d go look for her myself…
You can’t help that. It’s a consequence of removing Interdimend.
My body’s doing better, and I can see and feel again. Even my memories are starting to come back.
But…no matter how hard I train, I don’t seem to get any better at fighting.
Normally you focus on what’s in front of you, but try to stay aware of your periphery too.
With Interdimend, though, you were able to see all of that subconsciously, without losing focus.
That just means that ability truly was of another dimension.
…I was never really aware of it, but it does feel like my split-second decisions are slower lately.
That effect probably has a greater impact than sheer physical ability.
Huh…
Well, I’m still just happy I’m in control of my body now.
The best part is that I can really taste food again!
Although, I was able to eat Nay’s food before, and now that’s uh, kinda tough.
How about instead of having your senses taken from you, you have your consciousness taken from you? By me.
N-No, thanks… I’m sorry.
You don’t seem much different, though. I kind of wanted to see what it was like myself…
You have no idea the kind of pain Delta suffered.

At this point Cass showed up, and she was not in so good a move.

Oh, hi. Welcome back.
Don’t act so friendly.
You realize it’s your fault Delta was on the verge of death, right?
Interdimend doesn’t cause death. Didn’t I explain that?
“Doesn’t cause death”?
You can’t see, or hear, or feel anything.
Sure, you might not be dead, but I wouldn’t really call that being alive!
Cass, come on, stop it!
You be quiet!
…I’m sorry. It was the only choice we had at the time.
Even with the Doctor’s help, it was all we could do.
I don’t want to hear your excuses!
Delta, let’s go. You don’t know what she might do to you if you stay here.
Hey! Cass! Wait!
Sorry guys… I’ll see you later!

This did leave Sarly and Nay some explaining to do.

Seems like she’s still pretty upset.
She’s been like this ever since they got back.
I can understand how she feels, though.
Why is she so upset anyway?
You know Delta was under the influence of another world because of something called Interdimend, right?
Yeah, I heard about it. It’s the same thing that makes Earthes work, right?
Yes. As a result, Delta became extremely potent in combat, but…
In exchange, he began losing sensation…and his memories.
Really…?
According to him, it started with the oldest memories.
But…why would that make Cass angry at you and Nay?
Because Nay and I knew what was going on, and were using it to our advantage.
Of course, we didn’t know Delta would lose anything until much later.
In any event, it seems staying quiet about it was the wrong choice.
We didn’t HAVE a choice. You couldn’t figure out how to disable Interdimend anyway.
Yes, but…we weren’t trying as hard as we could have. We were too excited by the immense power he’d gained.
Hmm… But who connected Delta to Interdimend in the first place, if it wasn’t you?

A long time ago we actually heard about this happening, when he was briefly connected to Zill’s soulscape.

At first, I did everything I could to release it. That was why I infiltrated Quanturv.
So the Turbine Control Room was…
Originally a hideout I used while searching for a way to release Interdimend, yes.
I connected with the Doctor there, so I managed to avoid a lot of trouble, but I couldn’t release it.
That’s why I started thinking of a way to utilize Interdimend, rather than release it.
How did you want to use it?
Interdimend allows you to define objectives for who or whatever it’s installed on.
The objectives originally set for Delta were… Pretty unfavorable for us, to say the least.
We changed those objectives, so he’d work for us.
I see…
But if you’d just talked to Cass, she probably would have understood…
Delta understood as soon as we told him.
But Cass doesn’t even want to hear about it, which I’m sure you gathered.
So for now, we’re choosing to leave her alone.
Oh…
Um… I’m going to go see if I can find Delta and Cass.
Maybe she’ll understand if I try talking to her.
I don’t know… Although, it’s probably better than us going, at least. What do you think, Sarly?

Sarly wasn’t really that concerned, she had something else to worry about.

What? Really? Aww…
Prim.
What about her…?
To tell the truth, when Earthes was destroyed, it seems Prim took the Avatar Core.
It used to be Earthes’ head.
We’ve put something else in there now, but since it’s connected to the Surge Concerto Terminal…
It’s dangerous to leave it in Prim’s possession.
That’s why I need to find her.
Oh… Should I drop by later?
Yeah, come by after you’ve finished talking with Delta and Cass.

Ion and Earthes found Delta and Cass in the Celesgarden.

Hi guys.

Sorry about earlier. Were Sarly and Nay mad?
No, they’re fine.
…Couldn’t you have waited until we weren’t in the restaurant to get mad, Cass? There were customers.
…But…
I don’t think Sarly or Nay had bad intentions.
They were just desperate to protect the city…
I know that.
I know there’s nothing I can do about Interdimend.
I didn’t know how to get Delta back to normal either.
But I can’t forgive them for keeping it a secret.

I really can’t fault Cass’ reason for being upset with Sarly and Nay.

I could have been nicer to him…
I don’t really mind much.
After all, Interdimend gave me the power to do all that stuff I did to help people.
This is about my feelings!
Well…I am glad you were thinking about me.
But I’m back to normal now, so there’s no reason to keep being mad at Sarly and Nay.

How’s your body feeling?
Great!
That’s good…
Oh, right. Thanks, Ion.
I didn’t really do anything.
That’s not true. I’m starting to regain my memories, you know?
Remember when you told me about the Seven before? I can kind of remember that now.
What!?
Really!? So that means your memories might continue to come back!
I don’t know, but it would be nice if I could remember everything.
You will! I’ll help you!
Thanks, Cass.

Anyway, Delta was hoping to get some idea of Ion’s overall plan.

Things were pretty bad in Felion before, so I’m sorry I didn’t listen. If you still want to talk, though…
I do! Thank you!
Ha ha, good! I’ve been thinking about it ever since I started remembering the Seven.
Your idea might be the key to saving this world.
Oh…
I was waiting for you to get back to talk about it, but…stuff happened.
All right, you want to go back to Nay au Francaise and make up with Nay and Sarly?
I can’t do that… But I’m willing to listen to Ion.

And as it turned out, she did have one.

I want to weave Song Magic.
Wait…Song Magic? But we can already do that. Can’t you?
I don’t mean normal Song Magic, I mean something more powerful, like a miracle.
What are you talking about?
Long ago I had very strong bonds with the Seven…but now we’ve all been scattered across the world.
But back then, we all swore the oath of the Imperial Council, a contract connecting our hearts deeply.
Yeah, I remember. But wasn’t that more of a formality?
No. The Imperial Council can bring their hearts together to weave Song Magic that’s otherwise impossible.
Wow! I didn’t realize we were that amazing!
So, what kind of song did you want to weave with the Imperial Council?
A song to accept me and Nelo into this world.
…Um, I don’t really get it.
Hmm… I guess I’ll just explain it from the beginning then.
You all know that Nelo is trying to get home to her own world, right?
Yes, she was pretty clear about that.
Isn’t that why she was trying to create the Maternal Overseer?
I think there was more to the Maternal Overseer than just that…
But yes, Nelo was trying to use its power to go home.
But…if she had, then it would have killed everyone on the ship.

Though it required a bit of background.

Okay… But what does stopping Nelo have to do with being accepted by our world?
Nelo’s soul and mine are still connected to a world beyond the 7th Dimension. We don’t belong here.
It’s a little like…poking our heads through a window into another world.
Anyway, what that means is that our own worlds are still influencing us even though we’re here.
That’s why we feel the pull to go back. We HAVE to go back.
But if our souls became a part of this world, we wouldn’t have to leave. This world would become our world.
Unfortunately, it would also mean we could never go back. We’d lose Oversight and become regular people.
Hm… That would be the most direct way to solve the problem, but…I don’t see Nelo going for it.
She’s been trying to get back to her world since our planet still existed.
Even if we reassigned her soul to this universe, I don’t think she’d just stop looking for a way to go back.
But if she were a normal human, she wouldn’t be able to do anything, right? We could just lock her up.
No! You can’t do that!
I think that would be bad too…which is why I wanted to ask you something.
What is it?
If Nelo becomes a part of this world, I want you to be there for her. As fellow humans…and as friends.
I want you to help create a new home for her.
Ion…

Hmm. So, sometimes things don’t go the way you wanted them to originally. But that doesn’t mean they turned out badly.

I know. But this is the best solution I could come up with, for this world and for Nelo…
It’s not a bad suggestion, if it works, but…I think it’s going to be impossible.
What? Why?
Because the last two of the Seven, Shirotaka and Renall…are probably no longer of this world.
…I…see.

Nay, unfortunately, did bring up a very real point. If they needed the Seven, there were two members missing.

What do you think?
I think they’re alive./I think they’re dead.
…He he, thanks. I guess you’re just trying to cheer me up.
You really are kind.
But if that’s the case, we need to think of a different solution.
We definitely need to weave that song…
You don’t want to go home?
That’s not what I mean. I’d like to go back, if I could.
But leaving this world means destroying it. Nelo’s willing to do that, but I’m not.
So I…I made up my mind a long time ago to not go back.

Anyway, enough about that. What should we do now?
Didn’t Sarly want to talk to you?
Oh! That’s right! I totally forgot…
Let’s go to Quanturv.

They hurried to Quanturv, where Sarly was desperately trying to get in touch with Doctor Leolm.

Video- “Leolm”

Watch

Your timing is perfect. I think I just figured out where Prim is.
Really?! Tell me!
Well, it’s not an exact location, but…it looks like she’s near the Doctor.
The Doctor! …Where does he live, again?
I don’t know. I asked him to tell me, but he keeps insisting that he’ll deal with her himself…
Doctor Leolm: Hello, Ms. Planck.
Doctor! Why won’t you tell me where she is?! The fate of the world is at stake! Where is Prim?!
Doctor Leolm: I understand the gravity of this situation better than anyone, which is why you must leave it to me.
Mr. Leolm! Please, I’m begging you, tell us where Prim is!
Doctor Leolm: Ionasal?! …I see you’re there as well.
I want to help Prim and Nelo before they do something they can’t take back!
Doctor Leolm: …I’m sorry, but it’s already too late.
…What?
Are you saying they’ve already done something?
Doctor Leolm: Nothing you need to concern yourself with. I can handle the situation myself.
Please, at least tell us what’s going on!
Doctor Leolm: Even if I did, there is nothing you could do to help. It would only make you worry.

Given the situation with Cass, Sarly’s reaction was somewhat ironic.

We’ve worked together a lot, and I thought we trusted each other, but I guess I was wrong.
Doctor Leolm:
Trust Sarly./Please, tell us.
Doctor Leolm: I do trust her. There are just some things it’s better not to hear about someone you care for.
However… If this is really what Ms. Planck wants, then I will tell you. But this is the last time.
System Message: It is now possible to switch channels to the [Delta & Cass Side].
Doctor Leolm: Nelo and Prim are in the same facility as I am. Their current plan is even more dangerous than the last.
What are they trying to do?!
Doctor Leolm: They mean to use the Avatar Core to Harmonize with the Ar noSurge Tube.
Once Harmonized, Nelo will have complete control over the ship.
…I see. Then that’s why they stole the Avatar Core.
Please Mr. Leolm, tell us where you are!
Doctor Leolm: There would be no point. You can’t get here, and if you could, Nelo would already be finished when you arrived.
System Message: You can no longer switch channels to the [Delta & Cass Side].

The Doctor seemed set on handling things himself, almost oddly so.

…What?
Doctor Leolm: Ms. Planck…Sarly. Thank you for all the conversations we’ve enjoyed.
D-Doctor…?
Doctor Leolm: I’m about to leave for someplace very far away. I won’t be able to contact you again.
But do not forget that, no matter how far apart we may be, I will always live on in your heart.
System Message: It is now possible to switch channels to the [Delta & Cass Side].
Hey! Hold on!
Doctor Leolm: Be true to yourself, and have a wonderful life.
Wait! Doctor! DOCTOR!
Wh-What should we do?!
Is he going to die?! Oh no, he’s probably planning to use some kind of self-destruct to take out Nelo!
I have to stop him! We need to hurry!
Calm down! We have to tell Nay and the others first!
That doesn’t matter!
I have to find out where the Doctor is!
Do we have any clues?!
Maybe his transmission logs, or a trace of his Wave signal…anything!
I-I’ll help you look!

The answer was closer than they expected, though that will have to wait for next time.

Next Time, Ar Nosurge: Rin

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Feinne posted:

System Message: You can no longer switch channels to the [Delta & Cass Side].
That was weird. :raise:

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
Not gonna lie I still find it hard to feel sympathy or care for most of the characters especially the heroes and Ions plan really isn't helping my opinion of them.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Not really there yet but I'm guessing that Interdimend hasn't been fully removed from Delta and Nelo and Prim are just loving with the core which is causing the system message to pop up randomly.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I want to know what's causing those messages to pop up.

Let's Debug :eng101:

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

InfinityComplex posted:

Not really there yet but I'm guessing that Interdimend hasn't been fully removed from Delta and Nelo and Prim are just loving with the core which is causing the system message to pop up randomly.

The Interdimend may have never been removed at all: we already know that Nelo was the one who controlled Delta for a time, but gave up when he proved too hard to control: that she didn't remove the Interdimend after that points to her still having a use for it. Thus, all Delta probably accomplished was a reset of the Interdimend to its original state; and with the original Earthes destroyed, Nelo has no reason to believe the player is still around to make use of her re-established connection. She probably tried to use the new device to re-exert control over him, but found that the reset was not only never fully completed, but Earthes just came back.

Now all Sarly has to do is randomly tap keyboard keys to run a magical Hollywood Hacker tracer that will find where Nelo tried to re-exert control over Delta...assuming this theory isn't all a load of crock, at least.

At the very least, Delta is an idiot for trusting the person who's made no secret of her desire to kill everyone and leave.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

So the thing with Nelo isn't really that she actively wants to kill everyone on the ship, if she could get home without any of them getting hurt she'd be totally fine doing that. She also knows something we'll learn next time we push the plot (we've got some really strong shop scenes to hit next time) that makes the calculus of how awful her plan is a little different.

Delta's memories coming back are a strong sign that he's probably earnestly been released from Interdimend. Sarly also probably knows enough about it to tell if he's connected or not.

As for how we'll find Nelo and Prim, it's pretty great so I won't spoil it.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 11, 2015

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Update tomorrow with some dramatic advances in a shop subplot and, depending on how long that feels, possibly most of the Phase III material for another one of them.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Speaking of shop progress, just lost over an hour and a half of my own to a random black-screen after going to the Genomirai Cathedral to pick up some more ingredients :suicide: Never had that happen to me on the PS3 version. Save early and save often! At least it wasn't as bad as my attempt at a second playthrough where I lost the entire thing to Zill at CIEN_N_PROTECTA.

edit: Well, the explanation for how you can have the purification chats with Nelo is... something. Was totally not expecting that. I was going to explain what, but I have no idea if you're going to be covering that stuff later Feinne.

Icedude fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 11, 2015

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the DLC content for AN+. I've not really decided yet.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Oh my, look how much you have all grown since I last was here. Yes, I’m going to be around for a while, Mother said she needed some assistance watching over you all. She left me something, part of a story I think. Ah, right, the story of Ra Ciela. The girl Ion and her Guardian interrupted an argument between Tattoria and his friend Vio.

How do you know that!? I can find Rin myself, too!
You’ve never been there before! And, look at how small you are…
Size has nothing to do with this!
H-Hey, calm down, both of you! What’s the fuss about?
Hey, miss… Help me stop Vio!
Don’t stop me! This is my one chance to save Rin!
What happened to Rin?
…I heard a rumor.
Right now, the humans and Sharl are working together to save people trapped in the Flask Sea.
That’s why you’re trying to go there, Vio? It’s dangerous to go alone.
Dangerous or not, this is my one chance to see Rin again!
Do you have any idea how I’ve felt!? Being separated from her this long? Do you, Ion?
Hey! Don’t take this out on her!
…Anyway, I need to go… It has to be me.
So, don’t stop me.

While Vio’s passion was admirable, it was rather impractical for him to travel so far.

Th-That’s…
You mean, you had no idea where you were headed!?
You know, Vio… Really, we don’t want to stop you.
But, it’s not that easy to get there…
You can easily get attacked by something. It’s reckless.
I-I can run away from them! Besides, who would attack a little squirrel like me?
W-Well, you might have a point there…
Rin would be sad if something were to happen.
…Th-That’s not fair! You can’t bring Rin into this!
But he’s right, you know?
Rin would be heartbroken if you were hurt… Or worse, died trying to save her.
Not that I’ve met her or anything… But listening to your stories, she seems like a nice person.
Th-Then, why don’t you come with me, Tattoria?
Obviously, I can’t do that. I’ve got a store to run.
Oh, that’s right! We can have ion and Earthes go on my behalf!
What? Us?

Tattoria suggested a better way to deal with the situation.

But, we don’t know what Rin looks like… It would be virtually impossible to find her.
Don’t worry. Rin looks so much like Felie that even Vio mistook them.
So, if you find a girl that looks identical to Felie, that’s her.
Alright, leave it to me!
Well, look at the cool robot, Earthes!
And, um… Ion, do you mind?
Of course not. I want to save Rin, too.
Then, take us with you!
No. You need to man the store with me. Remember?
Besides, we don’t want you getting in their way.
But…!
Please, just stop.
And, say you do go with them… What if… You, umm…
…What? What are you trying to say, Tattoria?

We’ll be back. Stay here, and don’t worry.
…Fine.
Sorry, Vio… We can’t take you with us.
The most important thing is saving Rin…

He also was considering something Vio wasn’t.

Yeah, we promise.
We’ll find her right away. You guys take care of the store.
…Earthes. Ion…?
Sorry for asking so much of you.
I know. Don’t mention it./(Say nothing)
…Thanks, Earthes.
Take care, both of you!

Miss Ion and the Avatar hurried to the Flask Sea, where the rescue efforts were ongoing.

Sharl: I already heard it from them…
Older Man: There’s no point if you just heard it, right? You need to write these things down…
…Is that the leader?
Let’s ask about Rin.
He looks like it… Um, excuse us!
Older Man: Hm? What’s the matter? This isn’t a place for women and children.
Um, we’re looking for someone… I think she got caught in here.
Could you check that list to see if her name is on it?
Older Man: Ah, I see… In that case, maybe we can assist you.
But, as you can see, we still have quite a few people caught up in this mess…
There’s a chance we still haven’t found your girl. Are you prepared for that outcome?
Yes! Please!!
Older Man: Alright, what’s her name?
It’s a girl named Rin./Earthes and Ion.
Older Man: A girl named Rin…
Hm? Rin?
Yes…
Older Man: Hmm… I thought I saw that name a few hours ago. One second…

Miss Ion was quite excited, but…

Now, we can bring Vio and Rin together! Finally!
Older Man:
…As I thought. We brought your girl Rin out of the Flask a few hours ago.
Where can we see her?
Older Man: Umm, that’s uhh…
…I want you to stay calm, and listen to me.
This girl Rin. By the time we brought her out of the Flask… It was too late.
…Huh?
Older Man: We lost her.

L-Lost her…!? You mean she died!?
Older Man:
But, why! Why did Rin have to die?
Ion, calm down!
…!? I-I’m sorry.
Older Man: Well, you came all the way over here looking for her. I think that’s only natural.
It’s not just your girl we found too late…
There are a few others, who were in the Flask too long… We lost them, too.
…There are others who have passed away?
Older Man: Yes…

She was unwilling to believe what she’d been told without proof.

Older Man: No, this is just a list of names… Did you want to see the body?
I think we need to see if it’s really Rin or not.
I’m sorry… It’s just, I have a hard time believing it.
Older Man: …No, I understand.
The bodies are over there.
You can take a look if you want, but… I wouldn’t recommend it for young ladies like you, miss.

I’ll go take a look.
No, it’s okay. I need to go see for myself.
Earthes, you wait here.
Older Man: Well then, let me show you…
…Yes!

She returned shortly after that.

Ion, are you alright?
…It was overwhelming.
So many people were collapsed…
And none of them… Were moving, I… I just didn’t know what to…
Did you find Rin?
…There was no mistaking it.
For a split second, I felt like I was looking at Felie…
She was so peaceful, sleeping there…
But…
But that’s just too cruel.
You did a good job, Ion…/We need to go tell Vio.
Because… Because I took a closer look, hoping it might be someone else…
But… * sniff * But…!
Rin was dead… She was… Dead… * Sob *
* Sniff sniff *
I’m sorry. I’ve calmed down a bit.
Now, we should return to Vio… He’s been waiting for her all alone…

And together they returned to the drug store with the bad news.

…Hey, Vio. Tattoria.
Welcome home…
Um, miss…? Are you okay?
…I’m a little tired.
…I see.
Hey, so what happened? Did you find Rin?

Well, we found her…/(Leave it up to Ion)
So, you did! I knew she was there!
But… Huh? Where is she? Why didn’t you bring her back with you?
Th-That’s…
…Vio, you already know the answer.
Wh-What?
Vio, surely you were prepared for the possibility.
And it must be as clear as day to you, the way these two are behaving…
…Wh-What are you talking about!? I don’t understand…
Vio, Rin is… She’s-!

The Avatar broke the news.

No… This has to be a lie…
She couldn’t possibly be dead…
It’s not… A lie…
Rin was… Dead when we got there. Her and a lot of others who weren’t saved in time.

We made sure… She looked identical to Felie, and her name said “Rin”.
Impossible…
I’ve been looking for her… All this time.
I thought I would see her again… And we could spend time together, like we used to!
But, this is… How could she be dead!?
Vio…
Ugh…ah… My… My best friend…

We should leave him be…
Yeah, I don’t know what to tell him.
I’m sorry… I’m so sorry, Rin. If only I was stronger… I could’ve protected you…

Tattoria had a request of his own, though it was also rather a problem.

Hm? What’s that?
Hear me out on this one, okay?
Do you think you could spare some of Earthes’s parts?
Huh? There’s no way I could do that… It’s not like I can find these parts just anywhere.
* Sigh * No dice, huh?
Truth is… We need a very specialized machine to help cure Felie’s illness.
But getting this machinery isn’t going to be easy, and even if we could… It would cost an arm and a leg.
Earthes looks like he’s got quite a few special parts… if we could use a few of them, I could make it work.
I wish I could help you, but… All of his parts are very valuable, we really can’t afford to…
And, if we take it apart, there’s no guarantee we can put him back together again.
I see…
I understand. We’ll find another way.
Are you sure you can do this?
I’ll make it happen. I promised after all, right?

Feinne’s Notes:
That’s where we get stopped for now at Tattoria’s shop, we need to find a way to help him with his machine problem to advance it further. If only we knew someone who had some spare Earthes parts, maybe a head they aren’t using for anything terribly important.

Now, I believe Mother said you all take a nap now. When you’re all up again perhaps I’ll hear some of your stories?

Next Time, Ar Nosurge: The Doctor and the Prisoner

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Ideally I'll record the next plot segment later today so I can update tomorrow, worst come to worst you get the substantially nicer and more uplifting Kanon shop scenes we had available.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Huh. My initial impression, given the Genomirai Church's involvement in sending people to Sharanohiar was that Felie was a brainwashed Rin or something even more nefarious.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Just a heads up, the guy who did the Ciel Nosurge English summaries/videos is taking them all down because :words: internet drama. :words:

Hopefully they'll all be archived somewhere but in the mean time if you've been planning to read the Ciel summaries and haven't yet, do so before the end of this month.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Well, one of the new talk topics from Plus brings up a fairly interesting point I hadn't considered before. I'll bring it up later as it's pretty spoilery, but I'm loving all these new talk topics they added, even if it's a pain to find some of them, like being hidden in a back corner back at Sora and stuff.

Super Jay Mann posted:

Just a heads up, the guy who did the Ciel Nosurge English summaries/videos is taking them all down because :words: internet drama. :words:

Hopefully they'll all be archived somewhere but in the mean time if you've been planning to read the Ciel summaries and haven't yet, do so before the end of this month.

:nallears: And here I thought he was a chill guy.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Super Jay Mann posted:

The exact quote, for people too lazy to click to it:

quote:

Ciel video project is canceled.
The Ciel story write up will be removed as I'm completely uninterested in the opinions of others, the ridiculous propositions, and inane comments that it generates. The idea was to share a story that I felt a deep attachment to with a community that might not be able to access it otherwise. Instead it was treated as a required homework by some in order to enjoy Ar, and as an avenue for a strange kind of superiority flexing by others who think that knowing some Japanese makes them special.

I'm pleased that over 5,000 unique visitors have at least checked out more than two pages of the writeup and over 1,000 people have read the complete thing. To that end, I imagine some good came out of this, and at least a few people enjoyed it instead of finishing it out of some kind of weird video game peer pressure.

Just to clarify:

No, this never was or could be a translation guide.
No, this was never going to help KT or anyone else localize Ciel.
No, Ciel will never be localized. It's written in stone, get over it.
No, removing this will not improve chances of localization, get over it.
Yes, if you think you can do a better job, step up.
So yes, he's being a giant manbaby. Who wants to job of downloading the whole thing and zipping it up? Dang.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

It's kind of bitchy to take the thing down I'll agree, but it does sound like there's some people who really sucked the fun out of what he was doing from his perspective.

I mean poo poo if I wasn't having fun sharing all these fuckin' weird games with you guys I wouldn't be 60some updates deep in a snowbank made out of crying pikachus.

Speaking of update hopefully tomorrow, though it's going to be kind of long so there's some minor chance it'll push back a day. We'll be discovering the MYSTERIOUS HIDDEN IDENTITY of Doctor Leolm (it is super secret and surely none of you have figured it out) and dealing with latest world-shaking crisis.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 13, 2015

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

A family emergency may be brewing, the update is in progress but I may be unavoidably pulled away from writing here in a few.

Hopefully the emergency defuses itself and everything's fine but no word on how this is going to go yet.

EDIT: Yeah I'm having to jet, I might still be able to get the update out tonight but it'll be very late.

DOUBLE EDIT: I'm just getting back now, but I'm still going to give this a go in a few.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 15, 2015

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
And then once they take control of the ship they'll... route power back to the Flask Sea, even with people getting pulled out of it all the time?

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Glazius posted:

And then once they take control of the ship they'll... route power back to the Flask Sea, even with people getting pulled out of it all the time?

No, with the reset of the power router we're stealing cable harvesting power from beyond the seven dimensions with the Ar NoSurge tube again. Essentially a white hole device/perpetual motion machine similar to the Orgel of Origins that drives the First Tower of Ar Tonelico (hell, maybe that's what the Ar NoSurge connects to).

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

The Ar noSurge Tube is specifically supposed to be pulling energy from our dimension, though the means are vague (which makes sense given certainly nobody in our party has any idea how the fucker works and Sarly would probably get sick of explaining it and just start making up words halfway through).

Apologies but the update's definitely not going to happen until tomorrow (well later today if you're like me and in EST). The aforementioned family emergency took up quite a bit of time and I just couldn't get it all done tonight.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Alright, alright, settle down. You can tell me again how much fun you had with your older brother after story time. With nothing else to do, the person from Earthes decided to look into why they could connect to the other channel again.

Feinne’s Notes:
As you’d guess, the note that we can Zap again is a hint as to how we’re supposed to find Nelo and Prim.

It turned out the other channel was now connected to the Avatar’s original head.

Video- Channel 2

Watch

Heeey, Nelo!
Hmm…
What’re you doing?
I’m all ready. Let’s go to the Singing Hill!
…Hm? Oh, good. First I’d like to have a talk with Casty, though.
Mommy? Why?
If you do that they’re gonna find us, and then they’ll capture us again.
It’ll be worse if we get captured again! They might even kill us!
I doubt Casty would go that far. …Although we might be captured, true.
Um, Nelo.
You know the Maternal Overseer is almost complete, right?
All we need to do is catch Ion and make her the eye, and then you can go back to your world!
So why are you saying stuff like this? I’m working really hard for you!
I know. But I don’t think it’s going to be as easy as capturing Ionasal.
The Maternal Overseer is still incomplete. She hasn’t gathered 100,000 souls yet.

And they had Nelo to thank for uncovering their destination.

It’s there fault the Maternal Overseer’s song was stopped!
It’s all their fault!
…Huh?
Aaaaaaaaaa!
Wh-Why is this thing running?!
I tried to turn it on a little while ago. Looks like it still works.
What?! When!?
A little before you called me.
What do you think you’re doing!? Why would you do something like that!?
That means they heard everything we were talking about!
That’s your fault for calling me out of nowhere.
When did you get so clumsy, Nelo?! You don’t need this thing!
Really…?
Gah…
All right, listen up. Prim is going to get rid of you.
I won’t let you ever come back to this world.
So just stay put!

With this new information, Earthes rushed to Sarly.

Wh-What are you doing?
I know where Nelo went. The Singing Hill.
What?! The Singing Hill!?
No way! …How did you know that?
Interdimend.
…That must mean you listened in on Nelo’s conversation.
If that’s true, then there’s no chance you’re wrong.
Can we get to the Singing Hill by taking the space bus?
I’m not sure where the Singing Hill is in relation to the colony ship…
I’ll look into it. If you figure anything out, let me know.
You too, Earthes. We need your help.
Okay, got it!
Also… I’m sorry about earlier. I lost my composure.
Don’t worry about it. Let’s figure this out—for the world, and for Mr. Leolm.

Fortunately, they also knew where to look for more information.

I think there was a navigation map./We should ask Nay.
A navigation map? Where?
Could you take me there?

Earthes led her to the star map Delta and Cass had noted near the very beginning of the story.

But it doesn’t show anything besides the Soreil… Is this really a navigation map?
Delta said it was.
Hm. I would have thought Sarly would already know about this map, though.
…We should ask her about it.

Ion wasn’t wrong, though it still turned out to be useful.

Really!?
But I think it’s broken. It doesn’t show anything.
Oh… Is there any way to fix it?
I think so, but… It would be really difficult without administrative privileges.
Everything would end before I could hack the administrative code…
What about the ES45 Cathode Type?
That’s right! That should work!! Earthes, you’re a genius!
Earthes has an ES45 port. It could work on the terminal!
Really!? That’s great, Earthes!
Yes, yes it is. Let’s go!

They rushed back to the star map to check it out.

Did anything show up?
MAINTENANCE_MODE/./LOGOUT/.
Announcement: Quell->EX[etr]->{centel rew};
Alright, it switched to maintenance mode. I can start looking for the problem now.
Might take a little while…probably only a few minutes, though. Earthes is pretty handy.
By the way, what’s the Singing Hill?
It’s a facility that used to exist on the planet Ra Ciela… I sang there.
It also served as a temporary shelter during the collapse of the planet.
Now that the planet’s gone, the Singing Hill should still be floating around somewhere in space.
Ah! Looks like the analysis is done.
…Hmm, looks like there’s no issues with the hardware itself.
Is there anything you can do?
Not at the moment… Wait, what…?
…The program’s been rewritten.
What!? What happened to it?
It’s been modified to display completely different coordinates from where we currently are.
Who would do that…?
Well… Sounds like the work of Zill or Nelo. Anyway, if I can recompile the program…
It’s done! Let’s restart it!

She didn’t expect the truth, though.

Is what…?
What…? The ship hasn’t moved from Ra Ciela’s old location at all…?
What!?
…Well, now we know our coordinates. We know where the Singing Hill is, so we can calculate a path there…
Okay, that should do it. If we punch these coordinates into a space bus, it should take us to the Singing Hill.
Before we go, shouldn’t we tell Nay and the others…?
…You’re right. But if we never actually moved, that means…

Nay was equally surprised.

Yes. It’s a little hard to believe.
But we still need to get to the Singing Hill and stop Nelo.
Right. Just be careful.
I never thought Prima nd Nelo would be there, though. I’m sure Delta would insist on going if he heard.
That reminds me, where are Delta and Cass?
At the Flask Sea, helping the Prime Minister deal with the Maternal Overseer.
I’ll tell them about this myself, so hurry up and go. This is really important, right?
I’ll make preparations just in case something goes wrong.
Good, thanks. Come on Ionasal, let’s head for the Airport.

They headed to the Airport.

Of course.
Then let’s go. I just hope we can make it in time.
…Coordinates “58.224.31.673.10.441” set.
Doctor… Please, don’t get so ahead of yourself…!
…Alright, here we go. Hang on!
Okay!

The space bus headed to the Singing Hill, floating in space nearby.

It almost feels like this place has been frozen in time…
Look! Another space bus! Prim and Nelo must already be here!
Then we’d better get moving!

They found Prim and Nelo nearby, along with the Avatar Core.

Video- Showdown

Watch

Oh darn.
Hey! I told you!
They figured out where we were because you had to go and turn the power on!
This is all your fault, Nelo!
Ah well… They’d have figured it out anyway…

And they weren’t alone.

What?
…I am Ixit. Administrator of this Hymmnesphere.
Wait…Ixit?
What are you doing?!
You really think we’d tell you?
And this is totally unfair. What happened to playing fair?
Wh-What? What are you talking about?
You’re using power from another world, right? You even have 2 channels!
You’re making this super hard for Prim!
Prim…you know about Interdimend?
It really sucks. You keep getting to places before me, and you find me even when I hide…
You can even get to places like this that you shouldn’t even know about!
But that all ends today! Now it’s Prim’s turn!
Lady Nelo, First Harmonics is complete.
First Harmonics!?
Finally! It only took hours! If you’d done it more quickly, these jerks wouldn’t have shown up!

Unfortunately, it seemed as though their former ally was not in her right mind.

Whatever, forget about it. Just get rid of them already. As long as they’re around, I can’t relax!
…Understood.
Wait! Stop! Please, listen to us!

Guardians appeared to support Nelo’s party.

Aaaaah!
What was that!?
It’s your fault for getting in the way right when I was about to start the finale.
Finale!? What are you trying to do!?
Do you really think I’d tell you?
Nelo, hurry up and start singing. It’s time to bring everyone together!

Unfortunately for them, their plan didn’t factor in one major detail.

What?
Announcement: Powerful energy surge detected. High risk of Burst effect.

Namely, that Doctor Leolm was going to start shooting the Singing Hill with a satellite weapon. Those are really fun by the way.

I-Is this… No! Impossible!
Aaah!
Announcement: Emergency level S. Releasing all facility locks. All personnel, evacuate immediately.
Wh-What’s happening?!
This place won’t hold much longer, Prim. We need to escape.
No! No way! We still haven’t used the song!
These attacks are too strong. We can’t stay.
Rrrgh! We don’t have a choice… We were so close!
We’re not letting you leave!
Ixit, attack them!
Target lock… Complete. Eliminating intruders.
Get ready!

Nelo and Prim had clearly been practicing since the last fight, because they were a bit more threatening.

Boss Battle: Prim and Nelo
If you haven’t been putting some effort into keeping your gear and consumables up to date this fight is really rough on difficulties above Normal (and it’s really long either way). Nelo and Prim have a bunch of health, they come with allies, and they’re way more dangerous than they were last time. On Hard they get to attack four times, and only lose one of those when Broken. Fortunately they’ll never both attack in the same round. Your priority should be Breaking the Guardians that are going to attack and trying to get them out of the way, because you should have enough Defenses to guard all of Nelo or Prim’s attacks. It should be noted that in general Nelo hits harder than Prim, as well as having much more annoying attack timing. Also be careful about the Guardians that look like buggies, they can probably end you turn early if you hit them too much.

They managed to get away in the confusion after the fight, though they left Renall and the Avatar Core behind.

Sarly, we need to get out of here too!
No! The Doctor has to be around here somewhere! I have to find him!
Sarly! Wait!

Despite the earlier announcement, one door was still locked.

Video- Leolm

Watch

Do you think Nelo did it?
It’s possible… Sorry Earthes, but I have to borrow you again!
Alright, here we go!
UNLOCK_THIS_SHIELD/./LOGOUT/.
Announcement: Quell->EX[unk]->{trand}
There, open! Let’s go!

The locked door had a bit of a surprise behind it.

Is that…no!
Doctor!
Is he sleeping?
We’re getting him out of there!
Ow…
He’s awake!
Doctor! You are the Doctor, right?
Are you…what?
Wait…

Because Sarly realized she recognized “Doctor Leolm”.

Um…
Shirotaka?!
It’s Shirotaka?!
How did you know I was here?
Forget about that, you need to stop these attacks! You started them, right?!
No… I can’t, not until I’ve stopped Nelo’s Song Magic!
They already escaped! You need to stop this, now!
What? Wait, seriously?! A-Alright, I’m going!
Whew…
We made it in time…
Sarly, Ion…
Are you really Shirotaka…?
…Yes.
So…Doctor Leolm… That was you too?
…Yes.
…Why?

Though she was kind of upset once her initial relief passed.

Do you know how much I…I…
…I’m sorry, but I had my reasons. I couldn’t reveal my identity.
You idiot!
…So you were asleep inside that pod all these years?
I don’t understand how that could have happened.
Back when Ra Ciela still existed, I was an administrator for this Singing Hill.
Later, when we were supposed to evacuate to the Soreil, I wanted to save as many people as possible…
So I remained here, at the Singing Hill with the rest of the staff, to provide guidance.
Afterwards, Prime Minister Renall requested that we set our Cold Sleep Pods to release in 5000 years.
We followed those orders, and woke up here a few years ago.
For a while no one came, so we did nothing, but eventually Prime Minister Renall arrived…
And from then until now, I was as you found me.
Then…she put you in that pod?
Yes, so that she could control my authority over the Singing Hill.
Sounds like you’ve had a rough time…

Still, he had a pretty decent excuse.

And then you met me, right?
Yes. To be honest, I was shocked. I never thought I’d see you again.
Then why didn’t you tell me who you were?! You even changed the way you talked…
Because I thought we would never meet again, and I didn’t want you to try and come here…
The Hill was controlled by the Prime Minister and Nelo, and the Guardians patrolling it were very strong.
I thought it would be worse to give you hope when I knew we could never see each other again…
Even if we wouldn’t have been able to meet, just knowing you were alive would have made me happy…
You can really be an idiot sometimes.
…I’m sorry.
So, um…what happened to Renall?
Hm? Oh, her mind was scrambled by Nelo, just like yours.
Oh…
But that means there should be a way to fix her mind, just like we did with Ionasal.
Yes, that’s true.
Then please, do the same thing to her that you did to me. We need her back to normal…
Yes, of course.
That reminds me… Renall was left behind back when we fought… I feel kind of bad…
Nothing we could have done. We thought the Singing Hill was about to get blown to bits.
I’m really sorry.
Just don’t do anything that crazy ever again, okay?
All right, let’s go save Renall!
We’ll be back in a little while.

Renall was back up when they returned to the outer area.

Video- System Restore

Watch

I am…Ixit.
Alright then, Ixit. What are you doing?
…Cleaning up.
Uh…what?
It was an order from Lady Prim.
Once all processes were complete, I was to sever all lines to the Avatar Core.
What?!
Would that mean Earthes too?!
I’m sure it would. Whoever’s using him wouldn’t be able to see our world.
Ixit, please stop!
The process has already begun. It cannot be stopped.
…This is bad. We should get back to Shirotaka.
What about Renall?!
We don’t have a choice. We knock her out and bring her with us.

And so they did.

Such are the times we live in. We need to talk, though. Something serious has come up.
Renall is shutting down the Interdimend to Ion’s world, under Prim’s orders.
Are you serious?!
Yes. Pretty soon Earthes is going to be useless, and we won’t have the benefit of the other world.
That’s not good. Is there anything I can do?
Of course.
How’s the connection?
Everything is set up, but you’re going in without a Diver. Are you sure?
This is different than before. I can use a virtual Diver.
There’s no need to put any of us at risk.
A virtual Diver?
If I recall, synchronization is much more difficult than a direct Dive, and it’s not reliable enough for use…
I’ll be fine. I modified this one myself. It’s not perfect, but the error rate is less than 10%.
What?! Seriously!? I want it!
Alright, but it’ll cost you.
Wait…you’re charging me money?
I’m kidding. It’s yours if this hack works.

For people who’d barely ever met in real life, they worked very well together.

Oh, drop some Balloons, just in case. The system’s not stupid, so it might not do much, but…
Already done. What else did you want me to do?
Take control of the 7D Gate System, and remount the uninstalled channels.
That’s it? Sounds easier than I’d expected.
Let’s hope it is.
The two of you look so lively… I guess you really do get along, after all.
They’re very similar./Looks like they both like each other.
Yeah, they are. I’m a little jealous.
…How did you find out about Interdimend?
Oh, that… Well, I saw Nelo interacting with Inderdimend several times.
Nelo?
Yeah. A few years ago she came here with Delta. Then two years later she was back with Prim.
They were both connected to Ion’s world, and apparently Nelo located the address of her world…
Then she brought Prim again, and connected a channel to her world.
So you saw everything…
Yes, I did. It seems that Interdimend can only be processed here, at the Singing Hill.
That’s why you knew so much about Delta’s Interdimend.
Exactly.

Sarly was left with one major question, though.

What? That’s kind of mean. Leolm’s my real name, you know.
Are you telling me you were really Leolm all along?!
I-I didn’t tell you before?
No! You didn’t!
Announcement: Quell->EX[epi]->{prip01:7gin ri};
Alright! Looks like we managed to remount the channel.
Good…

She then had a rather cryptic message for the person on the other end of the Avatar.

You need to switch channels on your console immediately.
H-Hey! Sarly! I’m over here!
I’m not talking to you, Ionasal. Calm down.
Once you switch channels, you need to enter the command to force a system shutdown.
You have to enter a…”Up command” and a “triangle command” at the same time. Do you understand?
I’m sorry, I don’t know a better way to describe it…
…You’re going to have to do the rest.
I’ll try to delay the system processes until you input the command.
Please… Save our world…

Feinne’s Notes:
Exactly as Sarly said, we need to go Zap to the other channel and then press Up+Triangle within about five seconds, otherwise it will send us to the title screen.

It seemed they knew what Sarly meant, at least.

System Message: The process is aborted.
You can no longer switch channels to the [Delta & Cass Side].

And so the most recent crisis was resolved, and actually left them almost in a better position than they were before it.

Really!?
Yeah. We should grab the Avatar core now.
I’ll go with you.

After all, they had the Avatar Core back, and they’d found the last two of the Seven.

So Earthes won’t disappear…?
Yeah, don’t worry.
Good… We don’t have to say goodbye then. Thank goodness.
I guess that settles everything.
No, there’s still something left.
Yes, we need to return Renall to normal.

Well, once they’d managed to deal with Renall’s issue.

Yeah, we’ve already succeeded once with Ion.
That reminds me, how did you fix my memories?
Using a memory repair program… I called them World Packs…
After installation, we had someone from the other world enter your mind, and use them to repair you.
Right now, only the 7th Dimension Terminal can install the World Packs. Earthes, in other words.
I-I’ll go too! I can, right?
Well… If you’re Chained, you could enter as well, but… Why?
…I want to see what happened to Renall, with my own eyes.
There must be a reason why Nelo decided to break Renall’s memories.
I get it. Just be careful. Nelo may have set traps in there.
Okay.
Alright then, first I’ll Chain your Genometrics with Renall, Ionasal.
Please do so.
EX[lic]->{hymi IONASAL⇔RENALL};

Unfortunately, they did have a bit of a trip to make before they could get started.

However, I haven’t installed the World Pack yet, so it would probably just be a ruined landscape.
So what are we going to do about the World Pack?
I have one I made for Ionasal at the Turbine Control Room. I’ll modify it, and install it to Earthes.
You can do that!?
In theory. I left the tools I’d need to modify it back in Felion, though.
Could we stop by Felion before returning to the Turbine Control Room?
Of course.
We can take the opportunity to tell Nay about all this.
N-Nay’s still alive, too!?
Yeah, she’s doing well. She’s pretty much running the city we live in by herself.
Huh… I want to meet her, but… That might be difficult right now.
You’ll have a chance sometime.
Anyway, Nay’s probably at PLASMA headquarters or Nay au Francais. Let’s go see her.
Okay, let’s go!

Feinne’s Notes:
I think this is where we can start accessing Shirotaka’s DLC Genometrics (obviously only Ion’s for now) but we won’t be doing that yet because there’s a HUGE SPOILER for something later in the game in it.

As for whether things continued looking up, well, that’ll have to wait for next time.

Next Time, Ar Nosurge: Interlude: Overdoing It

FrantzX
Jan 28, 2007
So...

No one noticed that the engines of the colony ship weren't on for 5000 years?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Probably because all of the people responsible to do so are either dead or asleep.

Also you should've at least done a LOGOUT at least once for fun things.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 15, 2015

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

FrantzX posted:

So...

People here can be pretty dumb.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

FrantzX posted:

So...

Maybe they just assumed they were drifting all this time.

I mean, it's not like they had a destination to go to in the 5000 year interim.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I think anyone who knew anything wasn't surprised the Soreil wasn't moving anymore, because they probably assumed it was just broken. It's that it had NEVER moved that was the big shock.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

The opening movie shows a spaceship moving, but maybe that wasn't the Soleil.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

So what % of the problems in the plot so far would have been fixed by killing Prim?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Elric posted:

So what % of the problems in the plot so far would have been fixed by killing Prim?

None, as Zill would link someone else to interdimend instead; Delta was in Prim's situation until Sarly and Shirotaka switched who he was controlled by.
Now, killing Zill and/or Nelo back in Ciel would have worked, but it's a tad late for that.

SorcerousHam
Apr 8, 2011
Killing Prim and Nelo when they were captured, or at the very minimum actually locking them up, seems like it would've solved most of their present issues except for the cosmic horror.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Not slaughtering our enemies, seeing them driven before us and hearing the lamentation of their women did get us back all the missing members of the Seven though, which will be kind of important later.

Next update will be some cool scenes with Kanon's shop.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I'm still hoping to get an update out today, though it's going to be about half the scenes I was originally considering given:

a) I forgot I'd need to actually include some syntheses for this one
b) I'm really not doing well today

I probably wouldn't be doing this at all today if I didn't have the text dump to work from.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Feinne posted:

I'm still hoping to get an update out today, though it's going to be about half the scenes I was originally considering given:

a) I forgot I'd need to actually include some syntheses for this one
b) I'm really not doing well today

I probably wouldn't be doing this at all today if I didn't have the text dump to work from.

poo poo man, real life takes priority over a videogame. Don't sweat it.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Ah, hello again. Mother provided me with some more story notes for today, perhaps I should just get started. Miss Ion and the Avatar dropped in on their friend, Kanon.

Ionasal, perfect timing.
Huh?
Sharl: Ion! Ion, you should hear this... You'll love it.
There's going to be a contest soon.
Sorry, I don't think I follow. Um, what kind of contest is this, Miss Kanon?
It's called the Best Shop Contest.
Each shop will present new merchandise that's not on display, and patrons will vote for their favorite.
Whoa, I didn't know there was a contest like that.
Neither did I...
Sharl: Well, this is the first year they're doing it, so that's not surprising.
You mean we're entering this contest?
Of course. There's no reason not to, is there?
No way! We just opened and now you want us to enter a contest?
But we've made so many new products in such a short amount of time!
I doubt our competition can say the same.
Well, you might be right, but our competition has been in business for years.
Are you sure we shouldn't wait a little bit longer?
It's not a matter of doing it now or later... I think there's a lot of value in the challenge on its own.
Which is why we're going to do it!

In her zeal to enter the contest, though, Kanon did not notice that her friend was much less excited than she.

I-It's not that I don't want to enter, but...
...But it looks like I really don't have much of a choice, do I...
I already applied. All that's left is for you to sign it.
Sharl: Today's the deadline, so you have to hurry!
...O-Okay. Do I sign here?
Wonderful! Would you mind delivering this for me?
Sharl: Sure, I'll deliver it on my way out.
Well, now that we've got a contest to win, we'll need to come up with a lot of new products.
I know it's too late for this... But I think I'm starting to get nervous.
Sharl Don't worry. You always make really convenient gadgets, Kanon.
I'm sure you'll do just fine. We're cheering for you, so give it your best shot!
Hehe. Well, if they're cheering for us, there isn't much time to be nervous.
Let's make something that'll appeal to everyone, and win that prize!
Ionasal?
Huh? O-Oh, yes. Right...
Of course. As long as we're doing it, we should go for the gold!
...?

Properly communicating with your friends… It can be a difficult task at times.

Huh? For me...?
Yes. You've seemed distant the last few times you've stopped by the store...
I was worried there was something on your mind. Is that correct...?
Ah, umm...
I knew it. Sorry, I don't mean to pry it out of you.
But... I hope that you'll get some of your energy back...
System Message: Obtained the recipe [Raising Ion]!
Wow, that's my name!
Of course. I've made this especially for you.
Isn’t that great, Ion?/What will this make?
I feel a little guilty...
That you would make a recipe just for me.
That's exactly why I did it.
Don't you think that partners should take care of each other and make sure they're at their best?

Do you tell them things they would rather not hear, or simply pretend everything is fine?

...Hmm, yes...
That might be because it's difficult. I can't tell what the recipe makes just by looking at it.
I see... Maybe I made a few mistakes, then.
I was hoping you'd be overjoyed the second you saw it, but that didn't happen...
Huh!? O-Oh, well, now that you mention it... This part about clothes looks pretty promising.
Don't worry. This is just the recipe. When it's finished, it'll turn into something different.
You should be excited for the final product!
Y-Yes... I look forward to it.

I would pretend there is an easy answer, but in truth there is nothing easy about being close with others.

Have you decided what direction you're going with it?
U-Um, well, yes... How did you know?
...Because it's you, Kanon.
You make new recipes lightning fast, so I had an inkling you might have an idea already.
I-I see...
Please, tell me what you're thinking about!
Okay.
Since this IS a contest, I thought we should put our best foot forward.
That said, we can only show items we intend to sell.
So I was thinking... what item will be an instant success when it hits the shelves?
But also get us the most votes?
So I've come to the conclusion, we need to make a new line of products based on Chunpi.
...That's a surprise.
I expected something a lot more... Um, flashy, from you.
I thought the same thing at first.
But making something too fancy would only cause trouble for us after the contest.
Huh? Why's that?

For the longest time Mother had cast aside all hope of it, so great was the pain she felt.

Exactly. Because the winner of the contest is decided with the "new product" they're going to introduce.
It'll take a lot of time and money to make a fancy, detailed item.
And, if we do that, there won't be many Sharl who could afford it.
I see... It wouldn't be practical to stock something like that, then.
Making things the Sharl won't buy is a moot point.
So, I decided we should make something that can be easily bought by Sharls.
I think that's a wonderful idea.
Well I think we have a good start for thinking up some recipes, yes?
O-Okay... Are you sure?
About what?

I think that’s why they both work so hard, to make sure you all never have to feel anything of that.

Is there anything you want to make?
Well, yes, I suppose I do...
But, I'm not 100% sure about the direction of any of them, so it might take some time...
Hmm, but... The contest is only in a few days.
That's why I think I think you could handle this project better.
Besides, everything you've made so far has been a huge hit with the Sharl.
Which is why I think you should keep making the merch.
...I see.
I wanted to hear more of your ideas, but if that's what you think, I guess I can't help it.
I'm really sorry for making you do the heavy lifting...
Don't worry about it. I know you're busy yourself.
But do you think you could take a look at it for me after it's done? Like you usually do?

Ah, but back to the story. Because Miss Ion did not bring up her concerns, Kanon created the contest recipe on her own.

That was fast! I thought it would take you right up until the contest started...
It was easy once I decided what I wanted to make. Take a look.
System Message: Obtained the recipe for [Contest Submission]!
...Wha-!? You're making Chunpis again!? All of them...
You remember I was going to make items inspired by Chunpi, right?
And, unlike the other character merchandise sold at the store by the harbor, Chunpi is quite user-friendly.
It's cute and convenient.
I haven't forgotten how important Chunpi is, so it will definitely stand out from the rest.
Yes, judging from the recipe... It does look that way.
I can't wait to see the final product.
But... Are you sure this is the right merchandise for the job?
It just felt a little strange not having any input from you, Ionasal.
There's still time before the contest. If you have any feedback, I could apply some changes...
Don't mind me, really...
[Besides, I fell in love with this recipe as soon as I saw it!
Looks like a winner to me!
Excellent!
My mind was made up after hearing you speak so highly of it.
Let's try our luck in the Best Shop Contest with one of the items off this recipe.

I suspect she was as unhappy with the outcome as Ion, though she could not say such a thing.

Thanks for coming. We've just decided which recipe to use for the contest.
Sharl A: Congrats! I can't wait to see the final product.
Hehe, well, we hope you'll like it.
It'll be something everyone loves, both convenient and cute.
Right? Ionasal?
Y-Yes... I think so, too.
Sharl B: Really? Well, when it comes out, we'll be sure to buy one.
Sharl A: I can hardly wait! The contest can't come soon enough!
*Sigh*...

Still, she assisted in the creation of the proposals.

I know what this is! There's a toy inside this snack, right?
Oh, you knew?
Yes, I know of a snack that's very similar to this one.
I see. Then I suppose I can skip the explanation. Would you like to open one?
Yes! Wait, is this shell not made of chocolate?
It seems the snack you remember is coated with chocolate.
However, I made this snack mainly for the Sharl, so I made it out of soft batter.
Hehe, that's a nice idea. Um, let's see what's inside...
...Hey, this is a figure of Cass!
Oh my, it seems you've already found a rare item. You have very good luck.
Are the toys inside these snacks figures modeled after us?
Yes. They're rare items so the number is quite limited, but you're among them as well, Ionasal.
The majority are Sharl figures modeled after various Sharl.
So then, is this snack called... A Sharl Egg, maybe?
No, the greatest prize is a Chunpi figure, so I call it a Chunpi Egg.
A Chunpi Egg, huh... With such cute figures inside, I might end up buying a lot of them.
It’s disappointing when you get repeats./Let’s buy a whole crate, and complete the collection!
Yeah... I know that feeling. It's especially disappointing when you get the same thing twice in a row.
Hehe, don't worry about that. I've taken measures against it.
Huh, what do you mean?
Even the same characters among these toys have different poses, outfits, and hairstyles. No two are alike!
Whaaat!? They're all unique!?
Exactly. Don't you think that would be enough to stop mass buyers, or the disappointment of repeats?
That's true, but... It's also pretty disappointing to know it's impossible to complete the collection...

She even, I think, thought well of the individual products.

Ionasal, this is perfect! You made it so cute!
Ehehe, I really like Chunpi too, so I worked harder than usual.
As a result, it turned out to be of great quality. I don't have a single complaint.
Well then, let's try flying it.
Oh, Kanon... You use this like a carrier pigeon, right?
Umm, I think its flight range is a little too short...
It's spring powered, so we can't help that. Regardless, if it can fly about 10 meters, it could still be of use.
While it may not be useful for its intended purpose, it could still be quite suitable as a children's toy.
That's true. I think just seeing Chunpi flapping around in the air would be fun.
But I did still build it to be a carrier pigeon, so I'd like to find a way to fulfill its original purpose.
Is there really demand for an item that delivers letters to someone within only a 10 meter radius?
It could deliver a love letter./You could exchange secret letters with a friend next door.
T-that's great! It could definitely be used to deliver letters like that!
If you don't have the courage to deliver it directly, you could use the Flappy Chunpost to deliver it instead.
That way, the person reading it could also respond quickly.
Also, if I saw such a cute Chunpi working so hard to deliver the love letter, I'd be more likely to say OK.
That's right. I should add that example for use in the manual immediately.
As expected of Ionasal's partner. I'm quite impressed.

What hurt was to feel as though her friend was not considering her opinions.

...Did you make this, Kanon?
Yes, that's a cathode I created. I call it Woodpecker Chun.
Is there something you don't like?
No, that's not it... I actually think it's pretty interesting.
What do you mean?
This Chunpi moving so fast... It hits the terminal on the other side at a high speed...
Does that increase the performance of this cathode?
Y-you were able to figure out all that just by looking at it?
Ehehe, it was just a hunch, but I can usually imagine how things work just by their form.
It's not a very special skill, but...
No, that’s actually really amazing./I’d prefer something a lot more showy.
Exactly. Ionasal, show more pride in your skills.
R-really?
But that skill is the reason why taking things apart isn't as fun, so I'm not too thrilled...
...In other words, an incredible skill to others is seen as an annoyance to you.

Though she herself did not consider how her silence was hurting Kanon.

Oh, s-sorry!
No, I don't mind. I had a chance to see something interesting, after all.
Ehehe... But I really do think this cathode is amazing.
I never imagined that it was possible to exhibit control through a method like this.
...Control?
Huh? Was I mistaken?
...Ionasal, please explain.
Um... Chunpi's movement, causing high speed connects and disconnects, is to control power flow, right?
...What?
If it was connected for a long time, a lot of power would immediately burn out the cathode.
In other words, this is being avoided by leaving momentary gaps in the flo-...
...It looks like I was wrong.
...I just wanted to make it cute, so I put Chunpi moving around on there.
I didn't know something like that would happen if I left it connected...
I-I see...
But it works just fine, so that's all that matters in the end!
That's merely a lucky result. It seems that I still require more studies.

As to how things went next, that will have to wait for next time, as my notes here are exhausted.

Next Time, Ar Nosurge: World Repair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Managed to record last night, so ideally update should be tomorrow. Here's some trivia, this time just some random questions.

What was the subtitle of AT1 Side Blue?

What was the subtitle of AT2 Side Blue?

And to continue the trend, what was the subtitle of AT3 Side Blue?

Speaking of Side Blue, whose side actually IS that anyway (as in which of the principle performers is always on Side Blue)?

By logical extension, which of our heroines is on Ar Nosurge Side Blue?

• Locked thread