Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The reason given was "we haven't developed the character enough right now."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

boom boom boom posted:

How are people talking about Threea without mentioning that they're making a loving Kaiman figure?!?!

They even made it taller than other 1/6th scale figures!

Ask all the masterchief buyers how that's going. Licensed properties are coming out unposeable as often as not.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I feel bad for 3A being stuck with that Titanfall poo poo since the game bombed. Might have been better fortune to get the Destiny license.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

I feel bad for 3A being stuck with that Titanfall poo poo since the game bombed. Might have been better fortune to get the Destiny license.

They've made two though, so it must be selling well for them.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

DC Collectibles is apparently showing off a few Batman the Animated Series figures that they won't allow people to photograph including a Clayface figure. Get pumped.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

therealjon_ posted:

They've made two though, so it must be selling well for them.

They look kinda neat, really can't fault them for that. Shame the source material is awful, but the designs are cool. Sometimes that's all that matters, you know?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'd be way more tempted to buy another one if I could actually, you know, pose the god damned thing.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Vaporware posted:

Ask all the masterchief buyers how that's going. Licensed properties are coming out unposeable as often as not.

The Halo ones use some sort of weird rubber undersuit, it looks like Kaiman's clothes are just regular cloth

I hope they make an Ebisu that comes with an alternate head so they can be posed together like this

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

HOLY loving poo poo

HOT TOYS TIE FIGHTER

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

HOLY loving poo poo

HOT TOYS TIE FIGHTER

:chanpop::vince::chanpop:

I hate and love this company at the same time.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
also, Kaiman looks neat, hope he comes with a couple extra heads.

if you've read the comic, you know what I mean.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Vintersorg posted:

HOLY loving poo poo

HOT TOYS TIE FIGHTER

Good Grief. When do I get to speak to a loan officer regarding the payment plan?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

More Star Wars stuff from Sideshow. McQuarrie inspired 1/6 scale figure and 2 statues.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jesus. I think that TIE might be bigger than the actual movie props they used for filming the damned things.

LOVE that insect vader though :)

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
So Hasbro announced today for the Star Wars 6" Black Series line. http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/2015_San_Diego_ComicCon_The_Hasbro_Panel_164874.asp

New figures
Ahsoka, (Clone Wars and Rebels)
Kanan (Rebels)
Darth Revan (EU / Won the fan poll)
Sabine (Rebels) She was 2nd place on the poll so they decided to make her too, she will have helmeted and unhelmeted swappable heads.
Jango Fett (AOTC) Will have removable helmet.
Luke (ANH/Tatooine) Soft goods robe, which is a bummer)
First Order Pilot (TFA) Who will also have a giant rear end TIE Fighter you can buy, as you guys have seen.

Pictures here - http://www.rebelscum.com/2015-sdcc/Hasbro-2015-San-Diego-Comic-Con-SDCC-Friday/
edit: They're still clearly using that soft rubbery plastic for lightsabers because you can see Kanan's blade is unintentionally curved. Dammit.

Ahsoka and Kanan look really great. But I also just caught up and watched all of Rebels these past few days and fell in love with it. Rebels and The Clone Wars series are the best Star Wars related moving picture media since 1983.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 11, 2015

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

http://hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?Maker1=tha&cl=1

That should give you an idea. The Judge Death is actually one of their cheaper ones at 60 US Dollars.

Thanks! Looks like he's cheaper because he's smaller than some of their other figures, but hey, I ain't gonna complain. Still looks rad as poo poo and I'm going to be buying the gently caress out of it. That's about in the same scale as Figuarts, right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ShimSham posted:

So Hasbro announced today for the Star Wars 6" Black Series line. http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/2015_San_Diego_ComicCon_The_Hasbro_Panel_164874.asp

New figures
Ahsoka, (Clone Wars and Rebels)
Kanan (Rebels)
Darth Revan (EU / Won the fan poll)
Sabine (Rebels) She was 2nd place on the poll so they decided to make her too, she will have helmeted and unhelmeted swappable heads.
Jango Fett (AOTC) Will have removable helmet.
Luke (ANH/Tatooine) Soft goods robe, which is a bummer)
First Order Pilot (TFA) Who will also have a giant rear end TIE Fighter you can buy, as you guys have seen.

Pictures here - http://www.rebelscum.com/2015-sdcc/Hasbro-2015-San-Diego-Comic-Con-SDCC-Friday/
edit: They're still clearly using that soft rubbery plastic for lightsabers because you can see Kanan's blade is unintentionally curved. Dammit.

Ahsoka and Kanan look really great. But I also just caught up and watched all of Rebels these past few days and fell in love with it. Rebels and The Clone Wars series are the best Star Wars related moving picture media since 1983.

Revan is from the KOTOR universe, specifically. That's presumably why he was so popular.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Thanks! Looks like he's cheaper because he's smaller than some of their other figures, but hey, I ain't gonna complain. Still looks rad as poo poo and I'm going to be buying the gently caress out of it. That's about in the same scale as Figuarts, right?

Usually 3A's 1/12 figures are just a tad bigger than Figuarts. Though Death's gonna be pretty big, HLJ says 168 mm tall.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Aphrodite posted:

Revan is from the KOTOR universe, specifically. That's presumably why he was so popular.

I was just speaking generally, but yeah. That and his 3.75" figure is still one of the most sought after figures they've released relatively recently, so there are probably tons of people who can't get him as a 3.75" figure that would now like a chance in 6" scale.

Also, they need to loving re-release Maul in the 6" series. Don't see it happening, because they don't put as much into the accessories as they did in Series 1 when he was released. But still, I need him and don't want to pay crazy prices.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Huh, gotta be something with the distribution. Where I'm at I found shitloads of Mauls and Obi Wan and Luke and Han. No real luck with anything else though.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Cripes, that TIE Fighter...

:psyduck:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Jesus. I think that TIE might be bigger than the actual movie props they used for filming the damned things.

LOVE that insect vader though :)

I have seen some actual film-used TIE models and they were nowhere near that big. Of course, it was common to use different scales for different shots.

They were also pale blue, and I can't figure out why they would build such a ridiculously fancy toy and then get the color wrong.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I have seen some actual film-used TIE models and they were nowhere near that big. Of course, it was common to use different scales for different shots.

They were also pale blue, and I can't figure out why they would build such a ridiculously fancy toy and then get the color wrong.

TFA TIE Fighter

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I thought of that, but the huge poster behind it is all original trilogy dudes.

Are they showing off merch for the new movie already? I guess it's not really that far off!

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I thought of that, but the huge poster behind it is all original trilogy dudes.

Are they showing off merch for the new movie already? I guess it's not really that far off!

All they've shown is the First Order Stormtrooper figure, which is an SDCC exclusive (but will be sold at Hasbrotoyshop.com next week, and will almost definitely see a regular figure made eventually) and the First Order TIE Pilot and TIE.

All the new movie merch really hits stores on September 4th, or what they're calling "Force Friday."

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
You know that part of you are talking about the Hot Toys TIE (ANH- light grey, black panels) and part of you are talking about the Hasbro one (TFA- dark grey, white panels), right?
And they were blue in Empire and Jedi, which is how I tend to remember them.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

SpikeMcclane posted:

You know that part of you are talking about the Hot Toys TIE (ANH- light grey, black panels) and part of you are talking about the Hasbro one (TFA- dark grey, white panels), right?

This might be part of the confusion, thank you!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I need this now

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh my god CapWolf.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
It is the alternate head for the new Cap. Gotta love Jesse Falcon.

Anyone else feel kinda let down by all the announcements? While I am stoked for the new Morris and kinda stocked for a quasi UDON Taskmaster and the McFarlane Venom (which doesn't measure up to the MS one) everything else was a real let down. I know they are holding back for both NYCC and more importantly Toyfair but still it hasn't been like the last couple of years where something big hits you out of the park.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Well I'm extremely bummed about the lack of any X-Men figures on the horizon and the likelihood of ever seeing them again fast approaching nil. Marvel's petty tiff with Fox is beyond nauseating.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

SpikeMcclane posted:

I'm pretty sure they were blue in ANH as well; even the earliest prototype from pre-production was blue.

There's a lot of pictures of TIE models out there, but it's hard to tell for sure what was used on film and in which movie. After some googling I found this picture of Dennis Muren messing with Vader and his wingmen's fighters which is definitely from Episode IV. It's kind of a washed-out photo, but at the very least you can tell they're not charcoal gray.

I'm not sure why I'm debating the point, as I certainly have no plans to buy a model TIE Fighter the size of a large dog.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Djarum posted:

It is the alternate head for the new Cap. Gotta love Jesse Falcon.

Anyone else feel kinda let down by all the announcements? While I am stoked for the new Morris and kinda stocked for a quasi UDON Taskmaster and the McFarlane Venom (which doesn't measure up to the MS one) everything else was a real let down. I know they are holding back for both NYCC and more importantly Toyfair but still it hasn't been like the last couple of years where something big hits you out of the park.

I like that the Spider-Gwen comes with an alternate Gwen Stacy head, but I kind of wish it came with five Gwen Stacy heads. So I could use them on Build-A-Figures, and have a Gwen Stacy Hobgoblin, Gwen Stacy dressed like Jubilee, Gwen Stacy Onslaught, etc.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I am wondering if Red Onslaught will come with a alt head for traditional Onslaught. Especially since the BAF for Onslaught was his weird second form.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Rirse posted:

I am wondering if Red Onslaught will come with a alt head for traditional Onslaught. Especially since the BAF for Onslaught was his weird second form.

Already confirmed a big definite NO. The explanation given is that would mix the brands and Marvel does not want anything X-Men/F4 related polluting their MCU approved brands. It's also why you will never see Rogue and Havok Uncanny Avengers stuff.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Cocks Cable posted:

Already confirmed a big definite NO. The explanation given is that would mix the brands and Marvel does not want anything X-Men/F4 related polluting their MCU approved brands. It's also why you will never see Rogue and Havok Uncanny Avengers stuff.

But, Red Onslaught is literally a mixture of X-Men and Avengers. Why even, I mean, what?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

boom boom boom posted:

But, Red Onslaught is literally a mixture of X-Men and Avengers. Why even, I mean, what?

The current theory, which makes a lot of sense really, is that it was made before the whole "No more X-Men/F4" edict came down. Most figures take at least a year to get from concept to tooling, a BAF which requires more engineering probably requires more time. They had a lot of expensive tooling sitting around so it is better to release something rather than nothing. I am pretty drat sure someone is going to make a casted replacement head in like 30 seconds after it is released though and if someone would get some balls and make a 6 inch WWII German Officer figure that Red Skull head would be PERFECT.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I might have to grab Spider-Gwen but what I'd really like is a proportionally-accurate Miles Morales figure that actually looks like he's a teenager. I don't suppose there's been any new Miles toys shown off anywhere?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Travis343 posted:

I might have to grab Spider-Gwen but what I'd really like is a proportionally-accurate Miles Morales figure that actually looks like he's a teenager. I don't suppose there's been any new Miles toys shown off anywhere?

There's the 3.75" scale one that's hitting shops at the moment. You could argue he's a kid in scale to adults..?

But yes, proportionally accurate would be good, not just another repaint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I really want that red onslaught just with magneto head. That is one of my favorite designs from when I was a kid.