Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

poptart_fairy posted:

Anyone catching the developer stream? I'm only being fed bits second hand but apparently we're getting a new QL level, all currency is being rolled into bullion in addition to some extra dungeons and so on.

All tentatively scheduled for Q3 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Anyone catching the developer stream? I'm only being fed bits second hand but apparently we're getting a new QL level, all currency is being rolled into bullion in addition to some extra dungeons and so on.

Two new dungeons (Elite and NM dropping at the same time) will require AEGIS, one of the dungeons has werewolves with orochi tech (cyber-werewoofs). NM Dungeon lockouts removed (currency capped instead).

One new raid (kinda, they are using the flappy fight with less players and higher difficulty)
Lair raid can now be entered without the key, but it has a 3 day cool down (like New York)

Currency being changed to three types; PAX, Black Bullion, and Mark of someshit (the new BB)
Currency Caps and Weekly Limits on the marks of someshit.
When the issue drops, the currency will change. BB will become the mark of someshit, and everything else will become BB. If you hit the cap during the conversion you get an amount of PAX instead. The devs suggested using all of your tokens before the patch hits.

Lairs are getting zone wide super bosses (Sounds like reskinned golems)

Quality level is being increased from 10.5 -> 10.7 for the first part of the issue, and QL 11 by the end. Also the new elite dungeons will drop ql 10.5 BLUE items with unique skins.
Only the talisman and weapon levels will be increased, glyphs will remain at 10.5

PVP is having some changes, equal footing will make everyone QL11. Fusang is getting some sort of dynamic mission thing. All purchased venice items become custom items.

Revamp of the group finder; add comments that other players will ignore. Not just for dungeons, now people can post their weddings that EBM can crash. Supposedly they are attempting to remove elitism somehow, with magic maybe.

New feature code named Challenges, sounds like random daily and weekly missions. Sounds like you can get some of the marks of someshit doing these and gain other rewards.

Toshimo posted:

All tentatively scheduled for Q3 2018

New issue is expected to drop in August, year not specified. Issue 12 content is supposed to be free, but the streamers were mentioning that someone is winning a 'free' copy of the issue. It could be that the dungeons are behind a paywall.

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 10, 2015

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

So my 2000 bullion are useful again? :getin:

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

So my 2000 bullion are useful again? :getin:

Not really, BB become the generic currency and the marks of someshit become the new hotness. When the issue drops a portion of your current BB will be converted to marks of someshit, but it sounds like most will not convert over. They will either stay as BB or be converted to PAX, depending on how they handle the conversion. OR, all currency will be lost because of a bug.

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jul 11, 2015

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Did not watch livestream but I'm hearing that the dev's have implied that not every mission that rewards sequins or whatever now will give you BB once the change over happens. Is that true?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

robziel posted:

Did not watch livestream but I'm hearing that the dev's have implied that not every mission that rewards sequins or whatever now will give you BB once the change over happens. Is that true?

That is what it sounds like. Everything will give BB, except end game content like raids and the NM dungeons, those give the marks of someshit. I really need to figure out what those new super marks are called, to me the marks of someshit are losing their flair.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Cthulhu Bucks or Conspiracy Coins

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
I'll miss my really long currency window :(

Singing and non-singing nightmare dungeon crews, you know you wanna get back together in a month two months one to three months. Who's actually bothered upgrading AEGIS? I got a talisman to 1.5 and sort of upgraded the rest. I think Zepho kept playing? I have a fist healing set and we're all super purple, we could totally bare-minimum this if five of us actually got AEGIS.

Wait, will AEGIS upgrades be with marks of someshit, or BB? Will augments be with marks/BB?

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I wanna get drunk at 2 in the afternoon and do NMs with platbeard, cheston, and the crew again.

This is what having a job and not being crippled does: It destroys lives.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
If you want my lovely lungs and the inability to work I'm happy to trade. :v:

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Brain In A Jar posted:

This is what having a job and not being crippled does: It destroys lives.
Don't worry, being crippled and not having a job does too.

But seriously, I miss the goons and nightmare crew from TSW. Most fun I've had in any MMO since vanilla WoW by a mile! I'd love if we could get goon NMs and whatever else going again. I am planning to put time into a new Dragon char in the next month or two, so I'd be willing to help run a Dragon cabal if needed. How are the other two factions looking in terms of goon representation?

Amante fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jul 11, 2015

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Yeah I miss you guys. I've poked my head back into TSW to do a mission or two but it just isn't the same without the mumble crew to shoot the poo poo with.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
gently caress, I can see why Tokyo is called the No Fun Zone. My progression has completely halted because of the huge difficulty jump - I can barely defeat a single enemy now before getting killed. :psyduck:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Tokyo was made as a kind of reset because it took them so long to get it out that everyone who was still playing was in full poopsocker extreme purple nurple 10.99 armor, so they had to make the aegis system.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Yo, Hugh, keep me posted on the voodoo they implement to ~discourage elitism~. If they devise a method to overcome thousands of years of human evolution, I'll personally nominate them for the Nobel Peace Prize.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Tokyo was made as a kind of reset because it took them so long to get it out that everyone who was still playing was in full poopsocker extreme purple nurple 10.99 armor, so they had to make the aegis system.

Is there a quick and easy way to bring myself up to snuff with that area or will I just have to stomach the early pain?

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
This thread is pretty great. It will go weeks without a post, then all of a sudden 20 pop up for me to look through.

Even with all purple and mostly 10.4's Tokyo was a depressing zone until I got my two sets of Aegis gear (one for both weapons) and the skills leveled up some. After I got my gear leveled up some it was just annoying having to switch Aegis's.

The only thing that really saves it is... hmm ... The pretty pretty princess dresses you can get. OH and 10.1s for a ridiculous amount of sequins of sunrise.

Edit: and the storyline missions are pretty good I guess.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

TracerM17 posted:

This thread is pretty great. It will go weeks without a post, then all of a sudden 20 pop up for me to look through.

Even with all purple and mostly 10.4's Tokyo was a depressing zone until I got my two sets of Aegis gear (one for both weapons) and the skills leveled up some. After I got my gear leveled up some it was just annoying having to switch Aegis's.

The only thing that really saves it is... hmm ... The pretty pretty princess dresses you can get. OH and 10.1s for a ridiculous amount of sequins of sunrise.

Edit: and the storyline missions are pretty good I guess.

Inbeda in general is awesome. Looks like this fellow...didn't make the cut!

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Not sure why, but that dev blog got me hyped for this game again. I haven't experienced Tokyo on the live server yet, so that should be a nice couple weeks of content to go through.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I have a melee and a ranged build (that I stole from someone else) that did pretty okay in Tokyo if anyone is interested?

Really the best way to do Tokyo is with someone else who already has the aegis poo poo. Makes it a lot less painful.

I also found a mod that will auto switch your aegis to counter whatever you're targeting. It's not so great against things with multiple shields but it's handy.
http://www.curse.com/tsw-mods/tsw/autoselect-aegis

Electric_Mud fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 12, 2015

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
That reminds me, what are some good mods for this game?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

poptart_fairy posted:

Is there a quick and easy way to bring myself up to snuff with that area or will I just have to stomach the early pain?

Stomach the early pain, pretty much. Choose a single AEGIS to focus on, so that you can unlock the higher-level AEGIS equipment early. Even the 1.1... whatever they're called's, slanted hexagon things, will quadruple your initial AEGIS damage output.

flatluigi posted:

That reminds me, what are some good mods for this game?

UltimateCrafter. Auto-disassembles useless green equipment in your inventory, stacks things, upgrades runes, etc... And has a lot of protections in place so you won't accidentally destroy blues/purples.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'm bored. Is anyone else bored and wants to do dungeons or Tokyo missions or some poo poo?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Len posted:

I'm bored. Is anyone else bored and wants to do dungeons or Tokyo missions or some poo poo?

Hah! I just ran 3 dungeons. I can do tokyo missions or help you, im Clause in game.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Cheston posted:

Stomach the early pain, pretty much. Choose a single AEGIS to focus on, so that you can unlock the higher-level AEGIS equipment early. Even the 1.1... whatever they're called's, slanted hexagon things, will quadruple your initial AEGIS damage output.

I'm trying but the missions are so hard. :negative:

Bah. Just filled out that self-healing "elite" deck. Going to try that and see if it's easier.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Will TSW get a full sized expansion before or after Star Citizen launches?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Each of the issues could be considered a mini expansion. The tokyo stuff all wrapped together would be a good expansion.

Funcom has a pretty nice thing going, with TSW being Pay once and free forever combined with the issues dropping once and a while..

I wish we would see a full sized expansion coming but I kind of doubt it. If it is going to happen issue 14 (#12 has been planned out, #13 is going to be pvp based) would be the time to do it.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Booblord Zagats posted:

Will TSW get a full sized expansion before or after Star Citizen launches?

We have about 3 years to see.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Star Citizen is just The Secret World expansion that investigates the station that Orochi put on moon, in SPAAACCCEEEEEE!

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Star Citizen is being developed by Orochi. Everything makes sense now.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Thinking about it I wonder if Fusang'll turn into a ghost town once people can't idle for white marks and the only missions that give rewards are on 18-30 hour timers.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

poptart_fairy posted:

Bah. Just filled out that self-healing "elite" deck. Going to try that and see if it's easier.

Level 1 aegis thingy to 1.1 and than buy 4 aegis capacitors from the auction house.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

robziel posted:

Thinking about it I wonder if Fusang'll turn into a ghost town once people can't idle for white marks and the only missions that give rewards are on 18-30 hour timers.

Where there is a corner to auto run into, there will be people idling in Fusang.

Serious note, I am curious about their dynamic PvP missions. Hopefully they don't get canned like the Scooby Doo investigations and zone wide black op PvP thing

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

HughGRect posted:

Where there is a corner to auto run into, there will be people idling in Fusang.

Serious note, I am curious about their dynamic PvP missions. Hopefully they don't get canned like the Scooby Doo investigations and zone wide black op PvP thing

What are they going to idle for when there are no white marks/passive rewards? Their replacement, dynamic PVP missions won't show up until issue 13 and I'm real curious what those will be.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

I'm slowly getting back into the game now and Tokyo was fully kicking my poo poo in until I rebuilt my build and gear from the ground up. I had a lot of trouble going ranged since the amount of CC, enemy aoes and mob positioning meant I'd end up getting beaten to death by half the map.

I'm sure other people can give better advice but I've found the best way to do it is to just load up all three Aegis controllers on the one weapon. Have an aoe builder, two single target consumers, two impairs on the same weapon as the builder and heals/def boosts etc. When I get into combat, I just move around with the aoe builder and consumer until I break the shield and then play as normal.

I don't get to play much but the story missions are still pretty good. I just did the garage one where after seeing the children disappear and run into walls when I chase them I just went nope, can't do this on a work night, and suicide/ran all the way out without trying to look at all the creepy school kids.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Kegslayer posted:

I don't get to play much but the story missions are still pretty good. I just did the garage one where after seeing the children disappear and run into walls when I chase them I just went nope, can't do this on a work night, and suicide/ran all the way out without trying to look at all the creepy school kids.

The thing you are most scared of doing is how you get past the mission ;). There's an achievement for not dying in that mission

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So redid my build and glyphs as suggested, focusing mostly on one ability type now, and yeah Tokyo got much more bearable. :v:

Is it worth me spending Tokyo sequins on the equipment or should I save them all for the AEGIS stuff? I don't have a regular group for end game dungeons so I'm not getting item upgrades through those too often.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I've only been using my sequins of sunrise for the AEGIS toolkit upgrades and I only get to use those because of biohazard containers. I think there's some cool costume pieces you can buy with them too but :shrug: enh.

Unrelated is there anyone that can promote in the Awful Industries cabal or is that locked and dead and everyone's moved to another cabal?

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
The equipment in there is QL10.1, which is better than what you'd get anywhere else outside of nightmare dungeons or pvp. So yeah, definitely worth having. Be aware though if you get the signets, each one only goes in certain items. There's three sets of gear there, one from each of issue 9, 10 and 11. Issue 12 will probably add a fourth. The signets all say on them which specific items they'll go in.

As for AEGIS, upgrade one controller to 1.9 before doing anything else. Because the level of capacitors you can use is limited by the level of your highest level controller, so upgrading one all the way first means you get to the best capacitors that much quicker. Don't buy the biohazard containers from the vendor, you'll need the sequins for gear and upgrade kits. Especially once you get to the point that everything takes 20 sequins per upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Tokyo/Templar spoilers in this post

Finally finished Tokyo a couple of hours ago and I found the ending a complete let down. I think I would have enjoyed Tokyo more if I had played it straight after Transylvania but it's been three years since I was excited playing in the beta and having to wait months at a time for the story to move just a tiny step is way too long.

Whoever thought the AEGIS system was a good idea should be fired. I get that they're looking to avoid gear progression but the AEGIS system is the exact same thing except it forces even casual players to have to grind missions/mobs in order to play the game. It would have been easier just upping the gear to QL11 (which I think they're already going to do) and adding the shield mechanic to the mobs.

The last boss is a good example of this. Orochi Tower itself was pretty fun and I can see myself redoing the missions to check out what's on the other floors but the final boss with three loving shields completely killed the experience for me. There was no challenge or excitement to it, it was just an extremely tedious experience trying to strip three shields on a boss that only ever had about 2-3 attacks.

That said there were so really good missions in Tokyo. The carpark one was pretty good but Nightmare in Dream Palace was probably my favourite. It was also hilarious to find that only a week has supposedly passed since swallowing the bee and now given how long the game has been out

Back to the ending though. The story has always been the strongest part of the game and there were some really good parts from the Fear Nothing Foundation and how someone can get groomed into being a suicide bomber to finding out that Orochi has their own bees and deliberately sent their own men to die to farm anima.

The ending and the other revelations were pretty ordinary. I think another goon touched on it earlier but we pretty much knew all the big twists and turns from the Morninglight trying to commune with the Dreamers to the Nephilim/Lilith trying to use the Gaia engines to harness the power of the Dreamers.

The Templar ending was the worst part of the story for me. You go back to your handler to see two nameless dudes beat up on him since the higher ups are 'pissed'. They're unhappy because the Dragon 'won' in Tokyo so they send two mooks to beat up your handler because? I don't even understand how the Dragon win and the official answer given doesn't make much sense to me. Do the Templars just randomly beat up it's own guys every time the Dragon does something crazy?

Overall Tokyo was pretty good but I can't see myself coming back to the game anytime soon.

• Locked thread