Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

did you guys watch 7 days in hell? It was pretty great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karmalaa70
Jun 15, 2006
Djokovic will win this, but Gasquet is a really great player to watch when he's in top form. Shame it hasn't happened very often in his career.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I guess I understand why people hate Nadal and want him to die, but Djokovic has always seemed like a decent guy and fun to watch so I don't mind him winning a lot

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
whose lingering back problem will determine the upcoming match?

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
Federer's serve has been beyond ridiculous so far. I wonder how long he can keep it up?

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I love u Rogi plz don't break my heart (again)

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

ArmZ posted:

whose lingering back problem will determine the upcoming match?

fat mirka's

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I guess I understand why people hate Nadal and want him to die, but Djokovic has always seemed like a decent guy and fun to watch so I don't mind him winning a lot

A few years ago, before he exploded the way he has now, he used to whine a lot and retire during matches where he was losing. An Aussie open against Roddick comes to mind

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
This game is absolutely crazy.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
Roger :getin:

Please don't gently caress it up :ohdear:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

LOL if you thought Murray had a chance in this match. My bracket had Novak/Stan and Murray/Fed with Novak over Fed in the final.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Muzzah looking Scottish as hell right now

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Roger flashes Andy a bit of ankle, Andy comes closer....BANG gently caress YOU LOL

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

gently caress me

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Just wow.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
Well, that was a good match but Federer just seemed untouchable. Shame but cant complain after seeing him play like that.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The first serve %...
Nothing Andy could do.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"gluten free"

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Murray played well today and still lost. It sort of reminded me of the 09 final where Federer pulled out some excellent form out of loving nowhere. Hope Roger can reproduce this on Sunday.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Not the result I wanted, but can't argue with a performance like that. I hope he serves like that in the final too.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Djokovic doesn't play with much flair. Same for Murray.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Josh Lyman posted:

LOL if you thought Murray had a chance in this match. My bracket had Novak/Stan and Murray/Fed with Novak over Fed in the final.
Wow literal chalk. I'm so impressed.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

coldplay chiptunes posted:

Wow literal chalk. I'm so impressed.
It takes balls to make the obvious choices. :smugdog:

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

Djokovic doesn't play with much flair. Same for Murray.

Because Djokovic's defense is so good, I almost feel hopeless for the attacking player. I like Nadal cause he looks superhuman stalking the baseline. At this point you might as well root for Federer and him making history. Murray is the clear underdog so its fun to root for him and he's much more animated on the court than everyone except maybe Djokovic but he's a lot more negative towards his opponent which grates on me.

Great match from Fed, I really hope he can repeat against Djokovic.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

wangvicous posted:

I like Nadal cause he looks superhuman stalking the baseline.

Doping like nobody ever has helps you look superhuman. Federer is the only player to have won a grand slam on the old and new surfaces right?

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
I hope that this years final goes Rogers way, he's looking better from the baseline this year I feel.

As an aside, I really enjoyed Roddick's BBC commentary and hope he will do more next year/at other slams.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Jose posted:

Doping like nobody ever has helps you look superhuman. Federer is the only player to have won a grand slam on the old and new surfaces right?

Mats Willander was the only man to win on both Grass and hard court at the Aussie. Federer is the only man to win on the two different types of hard court the Aussie used. Jimmy Conners is the only man to play on all 3 US Open surfaces. Federer only played during the changeover on the Aussie hard courts.

Quaternion Cat
Feb 19, 2011

Affeline Space

charismaslover posted:

As an aside, I really enjoyed Roddick's BBC commentary and hope he will do more next year/at other slams.

I think Roddick has been really good; he looks around frantically nodding at people a bit, which he'll probably stop doing if he does more on TV punditry, which I hope he does because his insight and thoughts were great to have.

Also I have been secretly hoping for a rematch of last years men's final this whole time, so this result works for me.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Martina Hingis is going to the finals for both mixed and womens' doubles. I'm pretty sure this is the best she's done at a major since she retired from singles; both of her teams have won everything in straight sets. I don't usually pay attention to doubles but I'll probably tune in for these.

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 10, 2015

Quaternion Cat
Feb 19, 2011

Affeline Space

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Martina Hingis is going to the finals for both mixed and womens' doubles. I'm pretty sure this is the best she's done at a major since she retired from singles; both of her teams have won everything in straight sets. I don't usually pay attention to doubles but I'll probably tune in for these.

Oh, cool; I try to watch as much doubles as I can - I enjoy doubles tennis more than the singles but I just can't bring myself to ignore the singles to watch it. I seek it out when I can but usually don't manage to catch the women's or mixed matches much as a) the beeb rarely show them unless there's British interest and b) they're just shorter matches. As a result, I usually don't get invested enough in them, and especially in the case of the mixed, after the BBC roll the reminiscent credits sequence they always put on after the men's finals I always sort of feel like tuning out.

However, knowing this, I'll try to find a way to tune in for that too! I've managed to catch some of the wheelchair doubles this morning, as well as a few of the invitational matches the past couple of days at least.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

livestream for the womens' final/day 12 in general

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDWcPgQ6ykA

e: ughhhh they're not actually showing the match, goddamnit

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jul 11, 2015

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Just saw the thread title and had a bit of a chortle after catching the last 2 sets of that match. He had no chance unless he broke serve somehow. Unless it was ofcourse tongue in cheek and meant redemption for Murray being the first Brit to win it in over 70 odd years.

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
it was the chance to redeem himself after getting destroyed by "i can't play a point without falling over my own shoes" dimitrov last year

too bad federer sacrificed one of his children to get a taste of god mode again

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Serena looking shaky as hell this first game. Can't get her serve in at all

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Serena served three doubles in one game. When has she ever done that?

I hope this doesn't end with Heather Watson being the closest to beating Serena.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i think Serena's calming down now but Muguruza's been in the zone from game 1

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Not to mention the clear outs that Serena is getting away with, jesus christ. One of them was a clear foot outside the doubles line with no call.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Women's tennis is terrible.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Not that it has any bearing on the match or tennis whatsoever (take note media), Muguruza is good lookin. Far more than Sharapova in my eyes, and she's the one who gets all the attention?

I want Serena to lose, because I get really tired of repetitive winners in sports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
It would be cool to see Serena do the Grand Slam, as she's won the past three US Opens she will be highly favoured.

Edit: If she can figure out how to win this first of course.

put both hands in fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jul 11, 2015

• Locked thread