Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Anita Dickinme posted:

I broke my computer because I can't have nice things, so I'll see you guys again in ten or so weeks or whenever I get back.

I miss you guys already. :(

Except Lili. Lili was mean. :mad:

Wow at least spell my name right if youre going to hate me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
So the new River City is actually quite a bit of fun and promotes brawling

this is very strange to me

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

That's cool.

So, can I pick my 'mech after seeing what map is loaded yet? No? Meh.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Oh, yay, the game is doing the "let's sit at the map loading screen for 3-11 minutes and maybe, just maybe finally load in when the match is half over and you're still at the spawn point, probably getting killed by a damned Locust" trick.

It does this every other patch or so. Makes the game basically unplayable until the next patch. I just want to kill people in my Urbanmech so everyone can hear my Urbie warhorn mock them.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Devorum posted:

Oh, yay, the game is doing the "let's sit at the map loading screen for 3-11 minutes and maybe, just maybe finally load in when the match is half over and you're still at the spawn point, probably getting killed by a damned Locust" trick.

It does this every other patch or so. Makes the game basically unplayable until the next patch. I just want to kill people in my Urbanmech so everyone can hear my Urbie warhorn mock them.

Try running the repair tool and see if it finds any bad files.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lilli posted:

Wow at least spell my name right if youre going to hate me!

I did it on purpose. :smug:

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 8, 2015

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Number19 posted:

Try running the repair tool and see if it finds any bad files.

I try it every time, and it never finds anything. Sometimes clearing the cache helps...mostly, it doesn't. I even tried a clean reinstall once with no luck. Eventually, usually after the next patch, it'll go back to normal.

EDIT: And now it's hard crashing my PC and straight refusing to launch. Swell.

Devorum fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 9, 2015

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014
I ran the repair tool to find bad files, it deleted my mwo folder completely

Eyoo

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

MadWOPR posted:

Eyoo

At least it didn't eat boot.ini

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

:ccp:

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

MadWOPR posted:

Sounds like the repair tool did its job, then. Your computer (and life) is in a better state, now.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I ran the repair tool and it installed Iron Brigade for me.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
i ran the repair tool and now my son is pregnant. wth?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
I know this is the cameraman and all, but maybe the Vindicator with PPC/JJ buffs is good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZSBs1T2qoY

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I ran the repair tool and Bradford in my Xcom game defected to the Ayys.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
I ran the repair tool, installed the newest patch, and now I have 30 FPS for the first time on this PC.

That's down from 60 btw.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

I ran the repair tool and Bradford in my Xcom game defected to the Ayyyyy

Lmao.

Cetea
Jun 14, 2013
Decided to shoot robits again after a very long break. Anyone able to shoot Ancalagon an invite to WoL? (Splitting time between this and trying ARK out a bit, so won't be on this too much!)

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Cetea posted:

Decided to shoot robits again after a very long break. Anyone able to shoot Ancalagon an invite to WoL? (Splitting time between this and trying ARK out a bit, so won't be on this too much!)

GIRL is more active, but we drop as Green Bird w/sword for CW events. We mostly do public group queue, though.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, this is the second 1+ GB download today. Looks like I picked exactly the wrong day to start playing again. Did I miss two patches?

Edit:

Wait, the launcher tells me I missed six patches. Woah. :shepface:

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Hey there, just doing my bi-monthly 'is this game still literal hitler?' check.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

axelsoar posted:

No, hitler got poo poo done.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

axelsoar posted:

there are people playing and it's p. fun. PGI is still PGI but the game has maybe slightly improved?

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
It's still a disappointing, bad game that somehow manages to be fun sometimes through no fault of the folks in charge. Also, they recently removed turrets from assault maps, making the assault queue way more fun (for goons).

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

axelsoar posted:

Hitler never forced me watched a yellow circle spin interminably on a loading screen as i desperately hoped that maybe this would be the match that I finally got to drop in before a Locust killed my helpless 'Mech at the spawn point.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

axelsoar posted:

Mechbay is like 88% better. Still some wonky things but MILES farther than 2.0. Apparently you are 100% capable of fitting a mech WITHOUT that mech taking up half the screen!

90% of non clan mechs are garbage apart from lights and hitlers SS thunderbolt, a single banshee, and the stalker 4N 6LL build

WoL is dead we are all in GIRL now, six or seven of us play around 5 pm to 9 pacific regularly goonrathi mumble blah blah mellon blah blah

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 11, 2015

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Willfrey posted:

WoL is dead we are all in GIRL now, six or seven of us play around 5 pm to 9 pacific regularly goonrathi mumble blah blah mellon blah blah

kiss mah rear end! all that "40-year-old dad"* stuff is hogging all the prime vidya game hours.

*that was for my favorite nkva modpud alt.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Willfrey posted:

Mechbay is like 88% better. Still some wonky things but MILES farther than 2.0. Apparently you are 100% capable of fitting a mech WITHOUT that mech taking up half the screen!

90% of non clan mechs are garbage apart from lights and hitlers SS thunderbolt, a single banshee, and the stalker 4N 6LL build

WoL is dead we are all in GIRL now, six or seven of us play around 5 pm to 9 pacific regularly goonrathi mumble blah blah mellon blah blah]

This. And in a week or so Clan mechs will have a ridiculous light mech that's basically the best IS light(firestarter) with ECM and clan weapons; and also a Clan medium with ECM that lacks for tonnage but is fast and has MASC and can run a Gauss.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
It's sort of clear now that in order to compete with these mechs they have to add on new better IS mechs like the ones armed with Omni-hardpoints.

Either that or nerf them so hard that the IS can actually compete at all.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

They definitely need to do something to make the next batch of IS 'mechs stand out.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Willfrey posted:

Heh. This explains so much. This is about 2 am to 6 am for me. No wonder no one is ever online when I'm playing. :v:

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

Anticheese posted:

They definitely need to do something to make the next batch of IS 'mechs stand out.

Bushwacker.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Hatchets.

They just put in MASC. It's time to add the Berserker.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

It's going to be a module purchasable only with MC that allows you to teabag clanners when you kill them. That's gonna be the thing they give to IS.

The Clan version, released the following month or at the same time for real money in Wave 4, will allow your 'Mech to take a dump on IS 'Mechs while teabagging them.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Due to a few clanners getting teabagged in their twolves after dying to an urbie, a hot fix patch will be introduced a week after that makes the IS teabag module set heat to 99% after using it. This is to restore balance on the OP module and be consistent with canon.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
Quirks for IS mechs should really be "Software Chips" or something, to allow them flexibility in quirking. Otherwise the game just has a bunch of garbage IS mechs that exist for no reason and some unique standouts up against modular and downright better clan mechs.

This isn't an issue in IS v IS CW but lol, the game needs balancing in pub drops, badly.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Quirks for IS mechs should really be "Software Chips" or something, to allow them flexibility in quirking. Otherwise the game just has a bunch of garbage IS mechs that exist for no reason and some unique standouts up against modular and downright better clan mechs.

This isn't an issue in IS v IS CW but lol, the game needs balancing in pub drops, badly.

Weapon mods kinda do that already i guess, but maybe the IS versions could be buffed and maybe also add in a heat efficiency module?

Or they could go all ham and take out Ghost Heat for the IS.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

They kinda do, yeah. But it's just range or rate of fire and lower levels of that, they also don't go where quirks go with like beam duration, heat generation, missile spread, or a host of other tweaks that exist in game but that you as a player cannot specifically option short of buying an IS mech with the quirks.

Bigfabdaddy
Aug 3, 2014

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

That Jerk Steve posted:

What sort of info? KONG made a decent MWO guide awhile back that helps new guys avoid some of the more common pitfalls in the game. It has a lot of graphs and some of the data might be a bit outdated but it covers a good deal of ground for new players and a few of the more adanced concepts. I haven't looked over it in awhile but I think there's a section for CW as well.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit?pli=1#slide=id.g34edcdd7b_50

Thanks I will have to check this out. Haven't played much of anything recently due to classes. Hoping to get back to it soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
I'm reinstalling because I thought my cheeter mech would be playable by now, are you guys saying that the release of the cheeter pack has not happened yet?

Aaaand yep, still not yet available ttyl...

Washout fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jul 13, 2015

• Locked thread