Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why does it turn everything into dogs and eyeballs anyway? Are those the only two things that its AI studied?

That's my understanding, yeah. IIRC it evaluates images based on hues and then morphs those hues into a one of a number of prechosen images which happen to be mainly eyes and dogs, resulting in something that looks like a dog catcher's bad LSD trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Deep Dream is the most unsettling internet thing I've seen in a very long time

There's no reason to be afraid.

And you can train it to recognize any number of keywords. The original post on Google had everything being interpreted as dogs, pagodas, and volcanoes for the most part. Eyes and dogs just tend to stand out because they show up constantly in the given training samples.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Welllllll *puts on fedora*

----
Trufax in actuality though

Reddit. Reddit never changes.

Since the dawn of hipsters, when basement dwellers first discovered the killing power of shitposting, jizz has been spilled in the name of everything: from God to justice to simple, psychotic rage.

In the year 2015, after numerous flame wars, the destructive nature of dickbutt could sustain itself no longer. The forum was plunged into an abyss of nuclear tears and bigotry.

But it was not, as some had predicted, the end of the forum. Instead, the apocalypse was simply the prologue to another bloody chapter of human history. For man had succeeded in destroying the forum - but reddit, reddit never changes.

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
google deep dream.flv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0359hSerDeE

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why does it turn everything into dogs and eyeballs anyway? Are those the only two things that its AI studied?
It's in beta, so I think it only has a few things so far.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Samurai Sanders posted:

its meant to visualize what any layer of a neural network is doing. basically it looks at what this layer has for values and tries to work backwards the higher layers and thus to the image for what would result in that layer having those values.

It is trained to recognize animals so going from a middle layer like that you are basically showing all the areas that kinda look like an animal to it, but since we are doing this backwards the image it creates looks far more like animals than the actual picture. kind of an archetype for what it thinks could be there.

MIT has a compatible neural network that was trained to recognize places/buildings. Using it in deep dreams results in people turning into pagodas mostly.

They use this to figure out how their neural networks are learning, because they are hard to understand even for the people who code them. by taking a picture of static and running their dumbbell detection network through deep dream. They learned that it thinks your arm is part of the dumbbell since almost any picture uploaded to the internet of them has someone using them.

Other neat things! each layer in a network gives different results! if you use the first couple layers you tend to get a more stylized version of the picture as that layer is breaking the picture down to lines and colored shapes for the other layers to analyze

EDIT: Someone should train a network to recognize terrible Obama Caricatures. Make your own terrifying political cartoon out of anything!

Twibbit fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jul 11, 2015

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Plague of Hats posted:

Of all the things to bug me, look at that fuckin' chef's hat. Just, I guess, special order one that stretches to whatever width your gigantic hair is, sure, whatever. You lazy gently caress.

The point of a chef's hat is that all your hair goes inside, so that customers won't find any in their meals.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

William H. Macy?!?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on George Osborne's planning reforms – George Osborne is to declare war on nimbys, saying English planning laws have made it impossible to build enough houses"

Telegraph:

Greece debt crisis: Eurozone ministers to decide on bailout

Times:

Video: Battle of Britain anniversary: Cockpit view of flypast

Mail:
Mac on... easing the foxhunting ban

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

If anyone is interested, I did find somebody who's made a docker container that contains everything you need to get deepdream running. I used Kitematic to get it functioning but it obviously runs much more slowly than Action-Man's awesome gifs do, since it's running on a VM.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

A Sidney Nolan cartoon.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

A remarkably square ninja.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Give the person on the left bat ears and it's a Chris Nolan cartoon.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

That lady needs to put the gloves on with the rest of her hazmat suit if she wants it to be at all effective.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

If this were accurate they would all just be different anvils

Kfroog
Nov 9, 2012

Is this the same cartoonist who celebrated George W. Bush's reelection with a cartoon of W riding a wave of blood on an enormous suppository shot from a blue donkey's butt?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

I can't believe no-one's thought of deepdreaming BAR BEE

...doesn't actually make much difference, does it?

Action-Man
Aug 12, 2007

Adventure Time
come on grab your friends

Does anyone have large res versions of the DbD portraits? I want to unleash more madness.

Action-Man fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 11, 2015

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

:magical:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Political Cartoons 2015: Deepdream Dees Disturbs DnD

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Edit: NM

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Deeply Dreaming Deester

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

If we let Moolimbs worship, we all become Knights That Say Nee.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mad Whitey ↑

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

^^you're not overexplaining the joke enough

Cthulhu has awakened... and discovered Lisa Frank?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've been away for a while, what's with the thread title?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Calico Heart posted:

If this were accurate they would all just be different anvils

From the UK Politoon thread, an edit:

Heavy_D posted:

I think the editor must have cropped it wrong, if we enlarge the frame a bit...

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Jay Rust posted:

Dees

River Crab
May 12, 2005

Perhaps a careful review of your options is in order.

Jay Rust posted:

Some crazy youtube video someone posted played a clip of Obama saying "Yes we can" backwards, which the video creator thought sounded like "thank you Satan", and claimed it was some sort of subliminal messaging. The video creator thought it was proof Obama was pledging allegiance to Satan or whatever.

Edit:
Never mind, I was mistaken.

River Crab fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 12, 2015

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Isn't this author usually a shithead? I can't hate it even if so, the fun he must have had drawing it is infectious.

there wolf posted:

Bananas, in pajamas are, going down the stairs... yes, but not long enough to leave much of a cultural impact. I was shocked to see them in that toon actually. We're they a really big thing in Australia? Is that where it comes from? Do I have antipodal hooligans to blame for that stupid loving jingle!?!

I lived in Freedomland when this was released and all the children my name knew the jingle even if they didn't watch the show.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 11, 2015

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

River Crab posted:

Some crazy youtube video someone posted played a clip of Obama saying "Yes we can" backwards, which the video creator thought sounded like "thank you Satan", and claimed it was some sort of subliminal messaging. The video creator thought it was proof Obama was pledging allegiance to Satan or whatever.

The clip was posted in response to this, though:

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

THANK YOU SATAN!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

The clip was posted in response to this, though:

I thought Dees believed in everything but Satan though.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Where are you guys getting the Deep Dream stuff done? The only website I can find for it is backlogged by 150,000 photos

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Loving Life Partner posted:

Where are you guys getting the Deep Dream stuff done? The only website I can find for it is backlogged by 150,000 photos
:nws:https://dreamscopeapp.com/i:nws:
Some NWS imagery on the current frontpage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

That's quite a headline.

Also JRROSE! seems to be pretty mad about stuff in the last couple cartoons. I prefer his cartoons with bad weather puns, Shoney's closings, and JMU sports.

• Locked thread