Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
Lol if you don't have your manservant enrique grow the coffee beans himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lol that people think coffee is good

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I'll rip out your horn and not even bother selling the ivory

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The Saddest Rhino posted:

apparently you don't hang with enrique

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Coffee is the Arab world's gag on Europe. Successful marketing.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
99% of coffee is hot garbage only drunk by people who dump 400 calories of cream and sugar into it to make it palatable.

Tea drinkers know what's up and don't voluntarily consume acidic tasteless swill made from burning beans to a crisp and then boiling them till all flavor has vanished.

The best cup of coffee I've ever had was at a coffee plantation in El Salvador. There's one perfect way to make coffee that will make it 1000x better but the beans have to be good and they have to be made in a french press. Hotplates destroy the flavor compounds and any beans already ground have lost the oils in the beans. Even after buying a bag of beans from the plantation and bringing them back to America and trying to make the coffee the same way I didn't manage to make it taste as good as the cup I got back there.

It is easy to use a french press, grinding beans takes 15 seconds, water boils quickly, but coffee is such a staple drink that the faster way to make it is preferred. Pressing a button and getting hot coffee with little mess other then a disposable cup is want the majority of coffee drinkers want because despite what they say people don't "enjoy" coffee so much as they depend on it.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Grinding beans and sticking them in a plunger is very easy.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
i like coffee yes

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

pentyne posted:

99% of coffee is hot garbage only drunk by people who dump 400 calories of cream and sugar into it to make it palatable.

Tea drinkers know what's up and don't voluntarily consume acidic tasteless swill made from burning beans to a crisp and then boiling them till all flavor has vanished.

The best cup of coffee I've ever had was at a coffee plantation in El Salvador. There's one perfect way to make coffee that will make it 1000x better but the beans have to be good and they have to be made in a french press. Hotplates destroy the flavor compounds and any beans already ground have lost the oils in the beans. Even after buying a bag of beans from the plantation and bringing them back to America and trying to make the coffee the same way I didn't manage to make it taste as good as the cup I got back there.

It is easy to use a french press, grinding beans takes 15 seconds, water boils quickly, but coffee is such a staple drink that the faster way to make it is preferred. Pressing a button and getting hot coffee with little mess other then a disposable cup is want the majority of coffee drinkers want because despite what they say people don't "enjoy" coffee so much as they depend on it.

Man, if you've only ever had good coffee from a French Press, you're missing out. Aeropress, V60, Siphons... there's a whole world of soft brewing methods just waiting to blow your mind.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
everyone likes their own made coffee , much like farting.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

darkhand posted:

everyone likes their own made coffee , much like farting.

Lol if you don't have Enrique to do your farting for you.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

pentyne posted:

I prefer instant coffee over other methods.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I don't know why the French press became popular when France is known for having the shittiest coffee. They import from Vietnam a lot and all their beans are the trash Robusta stuff that even Starbucks avoids.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe
Even Warhammer chat was better than loving coffee chat.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

I don't know why the French press became popular when France is known for having the shittiest coffee. They import from Vietnam a lot and all their beans are the trash Robusta stuff that even Starbucks avoids.

The French press was invented by an Italian.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Mu Zeta posted:

That's because 'French press' is pure marketing. It was invented by an Italian and is called a 'plunger' in Europe, Australia and New Zealand. "French press" was invented to sell it in America.

efb

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

That's because 'French press' is pure marketing. It was invented by an Italian and is called a 'plunger' in Europe, Australia and New Zealand. "French press" was invented to sell it in America.

efb

To be fair, in the UK we call it a cafetière so I assume the French press name came from that.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

Ok, I wasn't aware of that. I'm an uncultured Kiwi and I know Irish people who call it a plunger as well so I guess I assumed that was a common name in Europe.

One thing I should add: If you think French coffee is poo poo then come to east Asia. In Japan and Korea (possibly China too), coffee is usually found in cans in vending machines/convenience stores, and Starbucks style coffee is the norm.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Sup fellow kiwi.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

Sup

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
How many loving coffees do people drink in a day that the process needs to be streamlined? I drink one at the end of every meal and sometimes not even that. Caffeine is greatly overrated as a stimulant IMO, I once used to have a habit of drinking a cup right before bedtime and I still slept like a rock

Plus, I still have to drink coffee made from a single-serving machine that didn't taste like burned rear end

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

pentyne posted:

People will be elitist about anything.

On another note googling "coffee snob bingo" gets way too many links to Portland yelp reviews and no actual bingo cards.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
caffeine builds up a tolerance in your system like many other drugs, but keep bragging with implications about how you're a badass because you drink so much coffee but it totally doesnt even effect you, dude. let's hear some more about everybody's personal coffee opinions now

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Turns out if you dose yourself with stimulants round the clock it stops responding, who knew

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

InediblePenguin posted:

caffeine builds up a tolerance in your system like many other drugs, but keep bragging with implications about how you're a badass because you drink so much coffee but it totally doesnt even effect you, dude. let's hear some more about everybody's personal coffee opinions now

Or, it does gently caress all in the first place, and the obsession with coffee is magical thinking bordering on cultish. I'm not the one needing literal quick fixes of coffee throughout the day, and the expensive wasteful machine providing them, either

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

pentyne posted:

:hfive:

Although I'll admit, strong black tea with honey gets me through rough work days.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I drink tea and coffee. I have a french press for when I have time, and a Keruig when I don't (IE running out the door to work). I am hated by everyone.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hackbunny posted:

Or, it does gently caress all in the first place, and the obsession with coffee is magical thinking bordering on cultish. I'm not the one needing literal quick fixes of coffee throughout the day, and the expensive wasteful machine providing them, either

"what if, instead of me building up a tolerance, everyone ELSE in the world is crazy!"

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

hackbunny posted:

you realize "caffeine is a stimulant" is a thing that's, like, science

with studies and poo poo

whatever, sure, you're amazing and smart and above-average in all ways and your coffee tastes prove it, ok

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

clearly you should just stop drinking coffee at all, since it doesn't do poo poo to you

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Please, everybody, talk more about coffee :coffeepal:

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

From what I read, caffeine does poo poo, coffee on the other hand is a terrible caffeine delivery system

Alouicious posted:

clearly you should just stop drinking coffee at all, since it doesn't do poo poo to you

I like it, I don't drink single servings of it compulsively from a DRMed teat nonstop because of my high stakes, high pressure paperclip pusher job

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Drinking coffee doesn't do it for me anymore, I take espresso enemas.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Drinking coffee doesn't do it for me anymore, I take espresso enemas.

I have Enrique give me them, but not for the caffeine.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Lol if you don't funnel hot coffee up your rear end everyday. Lmao if you don't do it straight from a french press.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Lmbo if you don't have Enrique put it in your rear end every day, just lmbo

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
But what does Enrique do when he wants his coffee hit?

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe
I hate you guys so much right now.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Choco1980 posted:

Today i went to Burger King (yeah yeah, get it out of your system) and while there decided to hook up to the wi-fi because my phone shits the bed if it detects it but isn't connected to it. Anyways, when I went to log in, it instead went to a page that tried to run a video ad while a timer counted down with the message "interact with the ad!". However, the video totally hosed up and wouldn't play, but the timer still counted down. I can only imagine what that meant. Once the time was up it had a link that said "I'm done with the ad now..." to click on that felt extra smarmy.

I got linked some video about a game recently that was on some playboy games website, and there was some popup like 'check out these 10 crazy tips for a huge penis / great sex / whatever' and you actually had to click on a link that said "no I want my sex life to stay boring as poo poo and I want women to think I'm lame in the sack" in order to watch the video. Like what the gently caress? That's some aggressive goddamn linking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Croccers posted:

But what does Enrique do when he wants his coffee hit?

Cafeltchatiere