Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

There's an official character description that actually sort of answers some of those questions:

And her name on the show is Kendra.

I want wings that grow out of my back when provoked.

Like, I wouldn't even do anything with them. I'd just be like gently caress YOU WINGS and the other guy would be like, woah man, I didn't know it was like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Azhais posted:

He's actually going to finally realize his dream of turning the League into the world's premiere flamenco dance troupe

That works too, to be honest.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Azhais posted:

He's actually going to finally realize his dream of turning the League into the world's premiere flamenco dance troupe

:aaa: John Barrowman is that you?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Azhais posted:

Ollie would dig it.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

BrianWilly posted:

Ciara Renée has refuted the Hawkgirl rumors.

Which is a great shame. I wouldn't mind at all if they turned Hawkgirl into a Wonder Woman expy. Some folks even thought she was going to be Fury based on the original character description.

I dunno I'm OK with that, 4 DC shows is already saturating the airwaves pretty hard

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Warmachine posted:

If he's back to being a villainous douche, I'm all for it. He's better when he has Earthquake machines and is screaming that YES THEY ALL DESERVE TO DIE!

That speech is still the best thing he's done on the show. Just letting the mask slip and going full-on delusional supervillain bellowing that the poor deserve murder.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
iTunes just released a new "episode" of Arrow, the four minute gag reel from Season three. :ironicat:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d14-vPWk-pw

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It was only a parking ticket :negative:

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

Barrowman's true plan revealed. Fart in my mouth and prove it.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Amell said David Ramsey can't do the salmon ladder. So...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SDty3BQNeyM&feature=youtu.be

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Further proof that Diggle is the best, is horribly underutilised and should have always been tougher than near everyone else on the show.

Aw, man. Taken down. I missed it. :smith:

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

VagueRant posted:

Further proof that Diggle is the best, is horribly underutilised and should have always been tougher than near everyone else on the show.
Aw, man. Taken down. I missed it. :smith:

It loaded for me. And it was awesome.

edit: Okay, I watched it once and then when I refreshed it was blocked on copyright grounds.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's likely blocked because it's going to be on the DVD.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Neal McDonough is cast as Damien Darhk

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Interesting, Dum Dum Dugan as the new big bad. I seriously hope he wears a bowler at some point.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Burning_Monk posted:

Interesting, Dum Dum Dugan as the new big bad. I seriously hope he wears a bowler at some point.

Watch season 3 of Justified to see what he can do as a big bad.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That's pretty exciting to hear; I thought he was great in his arc as a villain on Justified.
edit: damnit, but yeah ^^ this.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I like Neal.

I also liked his bit in Stand Tall, even if the movie was bad.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
You better not be trying to insult Walking Tall :toughguy:

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

Watch season 3 of Justified to see what he can do as a big bad.
Argh, this worries me. Because he can play this amazingly sinister presence, with this sort of manic affability...But they kind of squandered it in Justified because their ONLY MOVE when writing a villain was to have them shoot someone in the face. So his character came in all super interesting and sinister as gently caress...then just became another guy who shoots people in the face because Justified was bad at villains.

And so the promise of him getting to live up to what he could have been on Justified is great....but I have no faith that the Arrow writers will be able to come up with anything better, and he'll probably just shoot someone in the face and then get Rope Arrowed or whatever.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

VagueRant posted:

Argh, this worries me. Because he can play this amazingly sinister presence, with this sort of manic affability...But they kind of squandered it in Justified because their ONLY MOVE when writing a villain was to have them shoot someone in the face. So his character came in all super interesting and sinister as gently caress...then just became another guy who shoots people in the face because Justified was bad at villains.

You did watch season 2 with Mags and the entire series with Boyd? I recently rewatched season 3 and the whole point was that he lost control and went nuts.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Phylodox posted:

Amell said David Ramsey can't do the salmon ladder. So...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SDty3BQNeyM&feature=youtu.be

Didn't do it shirtless, failed

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I too am excited to see Casey Jones do battle with M. Bison.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

VagueRant posted:

And so the promise of him getting to live up to what he could have been on Justified is great....but I have no faith that the Arrow writers will be able to come up with anything better, and he'll probably just shoot someone in the face and then get Rope Arrowed or whatever.

What? The whole point of his arc was that he was crazy to begin with and he was exiled to Kentucky because Detroit didn't want him around and you got to watch this person who you thought was in total control lose it and start abusing prescription drugs and beating male prostitutes and become completely unhinged when his plans get hosed up. Justified was filled with plenty of villains who didn't just 'shoot someone in the face'.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 10, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VagueRant posted:

Wow this is like the wrongest thing I've ever read.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

VagueRant posted:

Justified was bad at villains.
Wow, that's just, well I guess if the only Justified you ever watched was season 5 that's true. Every other villain on the show was fantastic. Plus Quarles was involved in maybe the two best jokes in the history of Justified. He was not a wasted character.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Wow this is like the wrongest thing I've ever read.

That's VagueRant

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Gaz-L posted:

I too am excited to see Casey Jones do battle with M. Bison.

Raul Julia is dead.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Neil McDonough is both GREAT at serious drama and comedy. Just check him out on Band of brothers and then watch him in Agent Carter.

He's a great choice for Arrow.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Going in on cautious optimisim here because of how badly they screwed up Barrowman and Nable for season 3. Hopefully they don't do the same to McDonough because he really is good at villain bits.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Hell, McDonough even voiced Green Arrow too, so I am optimistic.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hell, McDonough even voiced Green Arrow too, so I am optimistic.

And Deadshot! McDonough could do Arrow as a one-man show.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Amell posted a photo of his s4 costume

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

And take note of the name!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Some bits from the panel

-Amell is in costume

-One change this year? “We get to have Oliver make some jokes in the lair, that’s really fun,” according to EP Wendy Mericle.

->Beyond Damien Darhk, there’s “another big one coming,” in terms of DC Comics villains.

-Guggenheim says Anarky (best known from Batman comics) and Mr. Terrific will be coming to the show.

-This version of Mr. Terrific is gay, adding a new LGBT character to the show.

MOTHERFUCKING ANARKY :flashfap:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No that's the wrong character to be excited about.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Diggle is getting a costume, dressed all in black with a helmet. “Yeah, it’s called Black Driver,” Ramsey jokes.

:haw:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

New name confirmed at SDCC too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Are they going to make season 4 good? That's the big change from season 3 I'm hoping for.

• Locked thread